...

Late Nights
            Tao turned to face the closed window. He sighed heavily and tried to fall back asleep but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't fall asleep. With great difficulty, he got up from the bed and went to the kitchen to get a snack. He switched on the light and opened the fridge. He sighed and opened the freezer, looking for some ice cream. He whined when he found none there. "Tao? What are you doing up?" Tao turned around and looked at his husband.
          "I wanted some ice cream but we don't have any." Tao looked at Yifan, some tears shining in his eyes. Yifan chuckled and walked up to Tao, holding him close around his waist.
          "Do you want me to go out and get some for you, babe?" Tao nodded. "Okay. I'll be back within a few minutes." He kissed Tao's head before letting go and getting some sweatpants and a shirt on. Yifan grabbed his shoes, keys, and grabbed a coat before heading out the door to the 24/7 supermarket. Tao sat down by the counter, rubbing his swollen stomach.
          "Little one, quit making me get up so early and giving me weird food cravings." Dispite Tao's angry tone, he had a soft smile on his face. Suddenly, he felt a kick where his hand was. Tao smile got bigger. He was about to shout for Yifan but remembered that he was going to get him ice cream. Tao just settled for keeping his hands on his stomach and waiting, feeling for another kick.
         "Tao, I'm back. I got you strawberry and chocolate since you've been craving more of those two than normal." Yifan walked into the kitchen and saw Tao. "Are you okay babe?" Tao nodded and held his hand out to Yifan.
        "Come here." Yifan walked to Tao and laid his hand on his husband's stomach. "She's kicking." His eyes got wide when he felt it. Yifan put his other hand on Tao's and waited for more kicks.
        "She seems really active at night." Yifan said, chuckling. He looked up to Tao. "Is this why you couldn't sleep?"
        "Yeah. That and I'm hungry."
        "Here's the ice cream I got you. Like I said, chocolate and strawberry. Which one?" Tao thought about it for a few seconds.
        "Give me the strawberry one and can you add some chocolate sauce on it?" Tao looked into Yifan's eyes, a puppy like look to them. Yifan smiled.
        "Anything for you and our little one."