Four

Not A Bad Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Hae." Dara called out.

He missed her voice so much.

"Donghae."

Donghae was in a dazed, he didn't expect that Dara would be calling him.

"Yah! Lee Donghae!" Dara shouted this time.

That brought Donghae back to his senses.

"Oh--Dara-ya, you called?"

"Are you busy? Can we meet?"

Eh? Is she asking me out?

"You missed me that much? I knew you can't resist my charms."

It's Dara's turn to be quiet. It's true, she does miss him. She doesn't want to admit it but she misses his teasing, his attentiveness, and the sound of his laughter. It isn't normal for her to make the first move but she needs her peace of mind. It's unusual for Donghae not to check on her specially that they haven't seen each other for a month. Even he teases her a lot, she knows he's always there to listen to her troubles and her stories, good and bad.

She doesn't know why she is suddenly acting like a fool in love. Feeling bothered that this guy had been ignoring her. She's not like this. This is not the girl she wants to be. Maybe, she shouldn't have called. What is she thinking anyway? Following the girls' suggestion of calling him first. Maybe she should have just texted him instead.

Donghae having sensed Dara's akwardness, decided to lighten up the atmosphere and just answer her question. He knows Dara's not the type of person who likes calling. And he doesn't want her to feel bad calling him.

"I'm free tonight. I'll go to your place later around 6?"

"Deh, see you later."

Both idols look forward to finish their schedules for the day because they know they would be seeing each other again.

5:00 pm

Dara kept on pacing around her condo. She rearranges all her things, got all the clothes lying on the floor and threw them on the basket, she gives everything a quick glance. Hm I guess this is clean enough. Aigoo why am I being overly cautious anyway, it's not like this is Hae's first time to go here.

It's the third dress shirt that Donghae tried on. He looks at the mirror and evaluates his self. Nah too formal.

"Hyuk! What do you think of this one?"

"Hae, it's the third shirt you have tried on. C'mon nothing's gonna change. You still look the same. What's with the formal attire anyways? Hot date?"

"Err I'm gonna meet Dara"

"So the cold war's finally over?"

"What cold war are you talking about?"

"You know, the fact that 2ne1 had been back here for two weeks and you still haven't ran to see your girl. Now I know 2 weeks is your limit. Anyway just be your self, it's Dara for pete's sake, she's even seen you all sweaty after dance practice." Eunhyuk suggested throwing Donghae a white plain shirt.

Donghae put the white shirt on and paired it up with a black leather jacket.

"Fine. I guess this will do, I'm running late! See you later!" 

"Have fun bro!"

5:30 pm

"Omona!" It's already 5:30 I still have to shower and get dress. Dara took a quick 10 minute shower. Ok what to wear what to wear. Dara evaluated her closet full of clothes. 

Relax Dara. This is not even a date. Stop being nervous.  Dara chanted in her mind.

Dara settled on wearing short shorts and a white sleeveless blouse.

Ding dong ding dong!

He's here, already? But it's not even 6. I haven't even dried my hair yet.

Dara rushed to her door to welcome her expected guest. 

"You're here" Dara said a bit startled. She was looking at Donghae from head to toe. Has he always been this handsome?

"Deh, sorry was I too early? I brought your favorite, chicken and beer." He said and raised the two plastic bags that he's holding. Donghae saw Dara and he can't help but basked in the beauty before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter