Baby Kicks

Grocery Shopping - Hoya

Humid air rushed out of the bathroom once you opened the door from your shower, the cool air wrapped around you instantly as you shivered lightly. Walking into the closet, you closed the door behind you, dressing yourself in sweat pants and a comfy loose t shirt, you pushed the door open and lifted your wet hair out from under your t shirt.

Ruffling your hair with the damp white towel in your hands, you moved back into the bathroom as you grabbed a comb and started to run it through your freshly washed hair. Peering into your reflection across from you, you carefully trailed your eyes down to your rounded stomach where your unborn baby grew.

Noticing how big your stomach was getting caused you to smile wider each day. Setting your comb on top of the counter, you started to move out of the bathroom, flipping off the light you rounded the corner and started to walk through your master bedroom.

Grabbing your phone from the bed on your way out, you brought the screen to life as your eyes looked at the time before a strange feeling came from your stomach. Stopping in your tracks, you moved your eyes to your stomach as you felt the sensation again. Moving your hand over the place where the sensation was, you waited a moment more before your baby kicked against your stomach.

Your mouth curled instantly into a smile as you held both of your hands over the spot that your baby kicked you.

"Hello to you too baby" You smiled and moved your hands over your stomach affectionately. "Daddy should be home soon"

Making your way out to the living room, you carefully sat down and pulled the basket of unfolded laundry over as you started to fold them and sort them so your could return the articles of clothing to their rightful places.

Feeling the baby kick again just made you giggle as you shook your head lightly.

"What are you doing? Dancing?" You chuckled as one hand gently rubbed your stomach again, seeming to calm down the active baby inside of you.

Placing a few of the folded shirts back into the basket, you picked up a few of the socks and matched them up with their partner before you heard the door open and another kick to your stomach followed quickly after.

"That’s Daddy~ Right on time" You rubbed your stomach while your eyes lifted to the front door close as your husband’s broad shoulders and back faced you.

Quickly folding another shirt, you placed it on your growing pile in the basket before he turned his shoulders and placed his bag on the ground before you started to walk around the couch and over to him.

"Welcome home, Hoya" You smiled and opened your arms to him as he turned around to face you and opened his arms to you as well.

Trotting a few steps into his arms, you felt his strong arms wrap around you tightly and pull you flush against him. His head gently rested against yours.while you felt his warm lips press against your temple. Gliding his hands down your back, he smiled as he moved one of his hands around your waist to the side of your growing stomach. Rubbing his thumb over his growing baby, a smile grew on his face as your hands rubbed across his back.

"I missed you two today" Hoya whispered as he smiled against your cheek and gently placed a kiss on your skin shortly afterwards.

"We missed you too" You smiled and felt him pull away. Loosening your grip on him to pull back, he moved one of his hands up and cupped your cheek lovingly.

Hoya’s brown eyes gently gazed into yours while his thumb brushed against your cheek. Time seemed to stop while you peered into his timeless eyes. Silence wrapped around the two of you while your hands slowly ran down his muscular arms.

"You’re so beautiful" Hoya finally spoke before he leaned in and kissed your cheek softly, "You know when people say that mother’s-to-be have this special glow about them? Well they were right"

Chuckling under your breath, you felt him pull away just to peck your lips gently while his hands met yours and his fingers laced with yours.

"I don’t think so" You retorted quietly while you dropped your head and peered down at your hands laced with his.

Letting one of his hands go, you started to head back over to the couch to finish folding the laundry as he followed behind you. Taking your seat on the couch, you pulled over some more unfolded clothes and folded them with care before putting them in the basket.

Hoya pulled some laundry over into his lap as, he too, folded the laundry with you. Stealing glances at you, he saw that motherly glow around you; biting his lip harshly he tried to hide his smile while his eyes landed on your ballooned belly.

"Was the baby good today? Did you feel sick again?" Hoya questioned, your eyes lifted once more to meet his eyes filled with love and kindness.

"They baby was very good today, it was dancing a lot though" You giggled and placed a pair of sweats on top of the laundry while you glanced over at Hoya to see his face lit up with happiness. However that happy face that you were expecting to see wasn’t there when your eyes fell on his face.

"Again?" Hoya sighed as his fingers folded the t shirt slowly and placed it on top of the pile before grabbing the last of the unfolded laundry.

"The baby is very active" You told him in a hushed tone before you watched him a little more, wondering what was with the dull expression on his face.

A long moment passed before Hoya wet his lips with his tongue. “Then how come I don’t get to feel the baby dance?”

"I don’t know, the baby is probably tired when you get home" You tried to make him feel better however your words only made him feel worse. Placing the last pair of socks on the top of the pile, he stood up and grabbed the basket.

"I’m going to put these away for you" Hoya mumbled as he walked off to the bedroom with the basket pulling down his arms.

Watching the hallway to the bedroom, you wished that he would come out soon. Leaning back against the cushions, you yawned feeling tired from all of the chores that you did today while as your rubbed your stomach lovingly. Feeling another kick, you paused your rubbing hands and felt the baby kick against your skin.

"I know you are in there, can you kick for Daddy too?" You talked down to your stomach while the kicking stopped. Raising your eyes you watched Hoya’s figure shuffle down the hallway,

"Hoya come over here, the baby just kicked!" You held out your hand for him as his dull expression turned animated in a split second and he trotted over beside you.

Sliding his hand into yours, you placed his hand on your stomach where the baby last kicked. Waiting a few moments, you rounded your shoulders sadly.

"Sorry the baby usually kicks more than once" You looked up at him with sad eyes.

"It is okay babe, you can’t control it" He pressed his lips on your temple before he leaned back into the couch and you rested your back against his chest.

The clicking of the clocks filled the silence while Hoya watched your head gently roll over on his chest. Lifting one hand up, he rested it on your hair and gently pet it knowing that you loved it when he did that.

"I just feel like the baby doesn’t like me since it won’t kick when I am around" Hoya confessed quietly, your thumb brushed over his hand as you took a deep breath.

"The baby loves you and I love you too" You whispered as your words started to slur together.

Watching your eyes slide close, you fell asleep right in his arms. A smile came onto his face once more while his hand rubbed against your stomach. Reaching one hand out, he grabbed the remote and the tv while he leaned his head against the cushions of the couch.

Finding a show that he wanted to watch, he looked down at you during commercials and rubbed your stomach gently.

"Do you not like me baby?" Hoya questioned softly, "Am I already a bad Daddy?"

Biting his lip, he returned his eyes to the screen while he watched to another commercial. Looking back down at you, he tucked some hair behind your ear and tapped his thumb gently against your stomach before he felt something pound back. Feeling it again, you furrowed your brow together as you moved his hand and yours over the spot once more.

Finally, a kick hit Hoya’s hand as his eyes lit up happily, freezing in astonishment he smiled brighter than he had for a while. Feeling another kick against his hand, he took his other hand and gently rubbed your back.

"Jagi, Jagi!" He called you over and over until you finally opened your eyes. "Jagi! The baby kicked! I felt it kick!" He started to say it louder and louder as he couldn’t contain his excitement.

"See the baby does love you" You whispered before closing your eyes and holding his hand a little tighter.

"I love you too baby! I love you so much" He kissed his fingers then gently pressed them against your stomach as he felt yet another kick.

"Stop dancing baby, Mommy wants to sleep" You mumbled softly as Hoya couldn’t help smiling.

"But what if the baby wants to be a dancer like me? Then s/he will need to dance all day and all night" He told you proudly.

"I am sure s/he can wait until s/he is born" You sighed feeling sleep pull you back into its arms.

"Don’t worry baby, I will teach you some moves, but you have to be born first" Hoya chuckled happily and then rests his head against yours as he sat there in complete happiness feeling his own baby move underneath his fingertips.

Kissing your forehead gently, he pulled a blanket over his little family as he couldn’t take his hands off of your stomach for the rest of the night. Thinking to himself how he could be so in love with something that he hasn’t seen, just yet.