Grocery Shopping

Grocery Shopping - Hoya

"There is nothing to eat" You mumbled to yourself while the light in the refrigerator highlighted your face, closing the door your eyes drifted down to your slightly ballooned belly as it rumbled in protest. 

Resting your hand on the top of your stomach and rubbing it gently you leaned against the counter as you thought about all of the things that you and the baby were craving. Chips, Banana’s, Ice cream, pickles, pretzels, chewy candies that were sweet and sour. Honestly, the list could go on for miles, yet thinking of the foods that you wished you could have made you more hungry than ever.

Turning your head to the clock in the kitchen, you read where the arms on the clock pointed to and clicked your tongue and the roof of your mouth. Wondering when Hoya, your husband, was coming home your stomach grumbled louder.

"Okay, okay. Just let me get my jacket and we will go do some shopping" You reasoned with the baby inside of you as well as your stomach before you slipped your phone into your back pocket.

Padding over to the door, you slipped your socked feet into your purple shoes that Hoya bought for you as a just married present. Lifting one of Hoya’s grey jackets from the hook, you slipped your arms through the sleeves and lifted the jacket over your shoulders before pulling your purse over your shoulder.

Turning off the lights in your small home, you unlocked the door and twisted the handle to open it. Walking through the doorway, you turned around and locked the door behind you. A pair of headlights pulled into the driveway while the lights cast a shadow against the door.

Hoya stopped the car when he saw you at the front door, putting it in park, he opened the door and watched you for a minute while the radio still played the latest Infinite album. Resting his folded arms on the top of the door frame, he watched you for a moment as you tried to lock the door from the outside. When you finally got it and you turned around and started walking down the few steps in the front of your home to the driveway, your eyes lifted when you saw the pair of headlights light up the driveway while the black shimmering car sat in it’s spot.

Tracing the curves of the sporty car up to the driver’s door, you saw Hoya smiling at you in a dreamy way while he cocked one leg while leaning on the door of the car. Shaking his head lightly, he snapped himself out of his dreamy thoughts, dropping his head, he bit his bottom lip gently out of embarrassment of being caught before he lifted his smoldering eyes back up to yours.

"Where is the beautiful mother-to-be going?" He asked softly with a kind smile pulling on the side of his lips.

"Shopping~" You sang as you reached the drivers door and bounced on the balls of your toes.

"What are you going shopping for?" Hoya probed, tilting his head cutely to the side while you pulled his jacket over your growing stomach.

"Food…" You looked down and moved the toes of your shoes together making you stand pigeon toed.

"Is someone hungry?" Hoya chuckled and shifted his weight to his other foot.

"We both are" You whispered before you started to walk off. Allowing his eyes to follow you, he shook his head at how adorable you are before he called out to you.

"Come back, let me take you" His words made you slow down to a stop as you slowly looked over your shoulder as you slowly turned around to face him.

"Aren’t you tired from practice though?" You questioned before you saw him slide into the drivers seat and back up the car so that you were standing right next to the driver’s door.

"I could use some family time" He smiled gently as you rested your hand on the door, nodding your head, he put the car in park and opened the door.

Escorting you to the passenger side, he opened the door for you while you slid into the black leather seat before you pulled the seat belt over you as Hoya closed the door and got behind the wheel once more. Backing up and pulling into traffic, he headed towards the supermarket while he hummed the songs on the disk that were playing.

"What did you do today, babe?" Hoya asked while glancing over to you, his hand resting on the center console while yours threaded through his.

"Just the usual, caught up on your drama, watched some music videos, helped get the baby’s room a little bit more ready and did the regular house chores." You told him while your eyes looked over his side profile as he softly nodded taking in what you did.

"Wah~ You must be pretty tired" Turning his head over to yours, you saw his gentle smile while his thumb gently moved over your fingers.

"I bet you are more worn out than me" You chuckled while he shook his head lightly. "What did you do today?"

"You know the usual, practice, hit the gym, vocal practice, then lunch and do it all again. But my favorite part of the day is to come home to you." Feeling his cheeks gently warm, he bit his bottom lip slightly as his hand gently squeezed yours.

The song quietly filled the comfortable silence between you as Hoya pulled into the parking lot and found an open space. Putting the car into park, he got out of his side of the car and trotted over to yours before you were able to reach the handle of the door. Smiling, you felt the tingling sensation of blush on your cheeks as you undid your seat belt and stood up, placing a soft kiss on his cheek as a thank you.

Sliding his fingers through yours, he closed the door and pressed the button on the keys to make the car honk. Walking at your pace through the front doors, he grabbed a cart with one hand and held your hand in the other.

"Did the baby behave today?" Hoya turned his head to you while he slowed the cart down looking down at the staged fruit that was around him.

"Mostly" You hummed before picking up an apple or two and putting them in the cart as you avoided his eyes a little. Lifting his arm up and over your head, with your hands still connected he pulled you closer to him while his hand rested on your hip.

"I saw your new practice video today" You looked up at him while the both of you strolled through the isles, trying to find something the two of you found appetizing.

"Oh really?" Hoya turned and stopped for a moment while one of his eyes brows inched upwards while his lips tried to cover his teeth that begged to come out.

"I couldn’t take my eyes off of you" You confessed already knowing that he loved it when you watched him dance, "The baby liked it too, it kicked a little while we were watching together."

"Wah~ Really?!" Hoya’s eyes instantly brightened while he placed his other hand on your stomach waiting for a kick.

"The baby was earlier…." You looked down a little sad that you couldn’t show him.

A warm, soft pair of lips pressed on the side of your head meanwhile his hand gently rubbed against your side.

"Don’t feel bad, I bet the baby is just hungry and sleepy" Hoya reassured you, nodding your head in agreement, the two of you continued to walk up and down the isles.

Finding some juice that looked appetizing, you carefully stood on your toes and reached up as high as you could. Before your fingertips could reach the bottle, Hoya’s hand snatched it out of your grasp and held it in his hands before placing it in the cart.

"I could have reached it" You placed one hand on your hip as you watched Hoya just shake his head and chuckle.

"You were a little too small for that one~" He pushes the cart a little more forward as you spot some crackers that you love to munch on. Grabbing a few boxes, Hoya turned to see your arms full of your favorite crackers.

Springing to your aid, he filled his arms with the boxes that were in yours before he carefully placed them in the cart.

"Those weren’t heavy" You glanced over at him

"They weren’t but you grabbed too many boxes" Hoya smiled down at the box that he was reading before he placed it in the cart.

"You know I can manage to carry four boxes in my arms" You retorted and linked your fingers through the holes in the cart.

Watching you closely, Hoya spotted a cart that was blocking the way while a worker was trying to restock the shelves. His eyes nervously shifted from the dangerous objects that could potentially hurt you. Letting go of the cart, he puts his hands on your shoulders and pulled you back behind the cart while he helped move the cart out of your way and look up at the employee making sure that it was safe before he placed a hand on your back and gently guided you through the little danger zone.

"Calm down" You whispered, gently brushing your shoulder with his

"I can’t" Hoya quietly mumbled as the two of you stopped in the middle of a not-so-busy isle.

"Why?" You probed, turning your body to him, you watched his eyes rest on your stomach as you started to get it a little.

"I don’t want you to strain yourself. I don’t want you or the baby to get hurt either" Hoya’s eyes lifted to yours, moving closer to you, his fingers gently touched yours before slipping his fingers through yours. "I love you two too much and I just want the best for both of you."

Squeezing his hand softly, you rubbed your thumb against his strong hand. Nodding your head lightly to his explanation, you carefully placed your twp laced hands on your ballooned stomach.

"We are okay, honest; but I guess we could use a little more help from Daddy seeing that he wants to help us all the time." Your words were lined with a chuckle while you watched his eyes light up and nod with that irresistible, bright smile on his lips.

Picking up your walk, you two walked down the rest of the isles while Hoya grabbed everything you asked for and placed it in the cart. When you got everything that you needed, he pushed the cart to the front seeing that it was too heavy for you and the baby to push by yourself. Standing in line, he wrapped his hand around you and rubbed your hip lightly as the two of you started to move forward in the line.

Placing everything on the conveyer belt, he paid for all of the groceries too. Pushing the cart out to the car, he lead you to the passenger door, opening it for you, you slid into your seat and he made sure that you were in all the way before he closed the door before loading the groceries into the car. Leading the cart back into it’s corral, he slid into the drivers’ seat and closed the door while he started the car.

Shifting the car into gear and pulling out of the parking lot, he drove you safely home as you took in the beautiful night that was unfolding before your eyes. Turning your head slowly, you looked over at the love of your life and smiled before rubbing your stomach fondly. Pulling into the driveway, Hoya stopped the car and rested his hand on yours, catching your attention, you lifted your eyes and looked over at him.

"Thank you" He whispered before he leaned in to kiss your cheek, however you turned your head and caught his lips on yours.

Feeling his smile against your lips, you couldn’t help but smile back while you felt Hoya’s hand gently brush against your jawline, pulling himself closer to you as his lips danced with yours. Breaking the kiss after a few minutes, he looked into your eyes with a different look than you had ever seen before.

"I’m so glad I married you" He whispered while you felt a warm and calming feeling overtake your heart.

"I am so glad that you asked" You smiled while you figured out that new look in Hoya’s brown eyes.

That moment would live in your heart forever, the first time you saw his eyes sparkle and slightly glisten with the pride, the softness of his eyes, the understanding and forgiveness behind them and never ending love just like a true father would have.