Chasing After Tinsel

Chasing After Tinsel

 

Jonghyun stared at the computer screen, his face void of expression as he vainly hoped the employee evaluations and spreadsheets he had to check would do themselves.  The typical office noise that was so easy to block out most days seemed deafening now.  Phones ringing, employees chattering, hell he could even hear that new girl at the front desk and her nervous habit of pen clicking.  It was distracting to say the least.  That was his excuse anyway; really he was just not in the mood for work.  That afternoon slump had set in and it set in hard.

 

 

Jonghyun had only been at the accounting firm a few months now and in all honesty, he hated it.  He had been fresh out of college and placed in a higher position than he deserved based on the sole fact that the CEO was his dads golfing buddy.  It made things difficult, which only made him hate this job all the more.  Despite that, Jonghyun tried hard to fill up the shoes he had been forced to wear, holding his head high and ignoring the rumors.  In a few years he would have the work experience and skills necessary to land any job he wanted and he could leave this place in the dust.  Until then though, he just had to bear it, doing his job well and acting like he was above the petty office gossip.

 

 

His plan of inaction was working too.  After the first few months the negativity had started to fade.  His subordinates began to realize that, while he was young, he was smart and competent at his job.  He was also much better at dealing with the personnel than his predecessor, which was working in his favor.

 

 

There was still a lot of resentment though.  Older employees in particular took offense to having to take orders from someone as young and inexperienced as himself.  He couldnt do much about that, maintaining his professionalism as best he could and remaining sensitive to the delicate age culture within the office.  With the younger employees though, he felt like he was slowly but surely making some headway.

 

 

Jonghyun sighed, giving up on the pretense of work for the time being, and letting the growing ache in his temple have free reign.  He buzzed his secretary, requesting his fourth cup of coffee for the afternoon.  She clucked her tongue in disapproval but minutes later she was entering his office with a fresh, steaming mug.  She set it down, straightening a few of his papers and arranging his pens with absentminded fingers before turning to exit.

 

 

Leave the door open please, Jonghyun requested to her retreated back.  Having the door open made him feel more pressure to at least appear to be working; he hoped it would be enough motivation to get past his afternoon slump.

 

 

It was almost working too, the coffee warming him from the inside out and making his mind feel functional again.  That is, it was working until he was shaken out of the concentration by the crashing sound outside his office.  The clatter of plastic against the linoleum floor and a flood of apologies.

 

 

Jonghyun craned his neck, trying to see what happened from his desk.  He decided that whatever it was would be as good an excuse as any to get up and stretch his legs.  It had to be more exciting than what he was supposed to be doing anyway. Even if it was nothing important, human curiosity pulled him from his chair and out of his office.

 

 

He peered around his doorframe to see a Christmas tree.

 

 

There was a human Christmas tree in their building.

 

 

Well that was new.

 

 

Before him stood a man dressed in green tights underneath a green foam tree.  The outside adorned with tinsel and oversized, obnoxious bows.  There was a small hole for his face to peek through, a large gold star topping off the ensemble.  He looked ridiculous and Jonghyun couldnt keep the amused look off his face.  Especially considering that the poor sap was quite cute, light brown hair, sharp jaw, narrow eyes and deep-etched laugh lines despite his young age.  What really caught Jonghyuns eye however, was the seemingly permanent dusting of pink across his pale cheeks.  Jonghyun understood; the mans job was embarrassing to say the least.  However, what Jonghyun didnt understand was when blushing had become so damn attractive.  The mans rosy cheeks seemed to only accentuate his pale skin.  It drew Jonghyuns eye again and again no matter how hard he tried to look away.

 

 

The man was still bowing to the receptionist, the contents of her desk scattered across the floor.  She looked more annoyed by his persistence to apologize than for the actual infraction though.

 

 

Can I help you? she asked, rather exasperated.

 

 

Im looking for a Kim Jonghyun? The adorable man said, his voice weak and shaky as he looked around at all the people who were staring at him in interest.  It seemed the news has spread around the office like wildfire.  Every employee in the building seemed to be peeking at the walking personification of Christmas, leaning over cubicles and whispering to one another.

 

 

Jonghyuns eyes widened in surprise at hearing his own name fall from those gorgeous, thick lips.  Who the hell sent him a Christmas tree?

 

 

Jonghyun cleared his throat before speaking up, That would be me.  He tried to appear casual and not at all flustered by what was happening as he leaned against the doorframe.

 

 

I have a special Christmas gram just for you! The man chirped, the line tired and rehearsed.  He flashed Jonghyun a bright, blinding smile, holding up a flame red envelope that had been clutched in his fist.

 

 

Okay.  Lets get this over with, Jonghyun muttered, waving his hand to signal the man could continue.  Maybe if he didnt act embarrassed then this wouldnt become a thing around the office.  He had enough trouble being taken serious at work; this wasnt going to help.  

 

 

Actually I can we privately?  Do you have an office or something? the man asked, stumbling over his words in nervousness.  He glanced toward Jonghyun with a hopeful expression, looking so desperate and pathetic that Jonghyun could feel himself melting into those dark brown eyes.

 

 

Jonghyun raised his eyebrow in question.  His heart fluttered as the stuttering mess of a man in a tree costume wrecked him with the amount of cute.  Okay?

 

 

Your gram has language that Id rather not umm yeah…” he trailed off with an awkward cough, looking down as he fidgeted with the sleeve of his green leotard he wore underneath his costume.

 

 

Jonghyun snorted in disbelief.  How was this guy real?  How could anyone be so cute without trying?  He waved his hand, motioning for the man to enter the room first, closing the door behind them with a definite snap.

 

 

Thank you, the tree said, sighing in genuine relief.

 

 

Sure, umm.  You dont really have to sing or whatever.  Its fine, Jonghyun said, rubbing the back of his neck out of nervousness.

 

 

Oh no!  If they ever found out I didnt I would get in soooo much trouble! he argued, looking scandalized that Jonghyun would even suggest such a thing.

 

 

Well I wont tell so…”

 

 

No, no, no.  Just let me do my job so you can get back to whatever it is your do here, he said, his tone final.

 

 

Jonghyun chuckled, Alright, go ahead.  He didnt even try to avert his gaze.  A smile pulling at his cheeks as the man opened the card, eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he scanning over the contents.  He cleared his throat, avoiding Jonghyuns eyes as he began reading:

 

 

 

to the midget Jonghyun

whose life is lacking in fun

you thought youd be free

because maybe I wouldn’t see

but I know what you stole

youre such an

i hope this embarrasses you

merry ing christmas

hope you die

 

 

 

The man finished with a pained little bow, embarrassment written all over his face.  He bit his lip, looking nervous to see Jonghyuns reaction to the note that was sent to him.  Jonghyun couldnt help himself, letting out a gruff little laugh.

 

 

He got pretty lazy at the end there, didnt even rhyme, Jonghyun commented, a snort of laughter pushing past his lips once again.

 

 

The man only raised his eyebrow in confusion.

 

 

Im sorry you had to do that, Jonghyun told him, the amused smile still playing on his lips.  My best friend is rather unorthodox in his retaliation sometimes.  Ill have to remember to ask before borrowing another scarf.

 

 

This time it was the beautiful man dressed as a tree that was stifling a giggle.

 

 

~~

 

 

To Kibum: I hope you die?  Really?

 

From Kibum: Did they read it in front of the whole office?  Please say yes.

 

To Kibum: Nope.  Zero embarrassment.

 

From Kibum: Damn

 

To Kibum: The guy who delivered it was so cute though!  I should really thank you for being such a .

 

From Kibum: Whoa really?  Did you get his number?

 

To Kibum: No

 

From Kibum: idiot

 

 

~~

 

 

Jonghyun knew it was silly but he just couldnt get the adorable tree out of his head.  He couldnt focus on his work, his mind continuing to slip back to the adorable man dressed as a damn Christmas tree.  It was ridiculous.  There was only one thing he could do he picked up his phone, dialing down to the front desk.  Kim and Kims Accounting Firm, the receptionist greeted before the phone could finish its first ring.

 

 

This is Kim Jonghyun from the 8th floor.  I have a strange request.

 

 

Yes sir, the secretary responded, her tone the definition of professionalism.

 

 

I need a name off of the security sign in sheet from yesterday afternoon.

 

 

Alright? the woman sounded more than a little confused.

 

 

It was around 3:30 and the man was dressed as a Christmas tree Im sure you remember?

 

 

Oh yes, yes I do.  Give me a moment to look yes, he signed in at 3:21 under the name Lee Jinki.  Is that all you will be needing today Mr. Kim?

 

 

That will be all, thank you, Jonghyun leaned back in his leather chair, the business card for the Christmas gram company twirling in his fingers and a self-satisfied smirk on his lips.  He had a name.  Lee Jinki.  

 

 

~~

 

 

It took a few days for Jonghyun to plan out his course of action, and to work up the nerve.  Jinki was just so attractive and carried around this aura about him it was as if he was being in by some outside force.  He couldnt fight it even if he wanted to.  He felt silly almost, getting all dreamy eyed over a guy he knew nothing about.  Jinki could be a complete under that bright exterior he put on for his work.  Something told Jonghyun that wasnt the case though.  He just seemed far too genuine.  Too real.  While the green tights may not be a part of his personality, the innocence, the easy smile and the awkwardness it was too authentic to be fake.  

 

 

With a little help from Kibum, Jonghyun drafted a clever note, stating his interests quite plainly before ordering a Christmas gram.  A Christmas gram from himself to himself, special request to be delivered unopened by the one and only Lee Jinki.

 

 

~~

 

 

It was a Friday and Jonghyun was buzzing with excitement.  Today was the day his Christmas gram would arrive.  Today was the day he would see Jinki again.  Today was the day he was going to ask the man out.  God what if he had a boyfriend or girlfriend?  What if he just wasnt into Jonghyun?  What if he wasnt even into guys?  What if, what if, what if Jonghyun checked the clock on his wall, the hands stubborn and unmoving.  He paced a bit in his office, earning himself a raised eyebrow from his secretary.  He tried to get some work done at his desk but it was useless, he was useless today.  He couldnt focus on anything besides Jinki.  What if Jinki thought the poem was dumb?  No, he had to stop thinking like this.  He had to just hope things would work out for the best.

 

 

He had just settled into his chair, attempting to work and distract himself when there was timid knock at the door.  His heart leapt in his chest, adrenaline shooting through him, making his limbs shaky and-- damnit!  He dropped his pen.

 

 

, , , He muttered, the ink spot on his tie so obvious and goddamn it, there was one on his slacks too.  He fell to the floor, reaching for the stupid thing, it had been a graduation gift from his father and it was worth more than his life.  He could worry about his wrecked outfit later.  

The door cracked open and Jonghyun panicked just a little, trying to get up too fast and consequently busting his head against the underside of his desk.

 

 

Hello?  Youre secretary said to go on in—” the man stopped, taking in the scene before him, Are you okay?”  Jonghyun looked up to see the object of his affections, in all his green glory looking back at him with concern and confusion all over his face.

 

 

Jonghyun rubbed the top of his head, a pout slipping onto his lips, Yeah I just ugh!  I dropped my pen and it got ink all over me and I was trying to get it from under the desk and then I hit my head and Im just a mess right now, sorry.”

 

 

Well at least you arent wearing a green leotard? Jinki offered, still stifling a giggle at Jonghyuns misfortune.

 

 

At least you look cute in your leotard, I look stupid all covered in ink, was Jonghyuns easy reply.  He got a little twinge of satisfaction at Jinkis gaping like a fish expression.

 

 

I uhhh I have a special Christmas gram just for you! Jinki said in that same, cheery tone as before.  It was clear he was trying to keep them on track and away from blush-worthy conversations.  Pity, Jonghyun wanted the exact opposite.

 

 

Id love to hear it, Jonghyun replied, trying not to sound too excited.

 

 

Yes, sir.  I had special orders not to open it beforehand so please give me just a moment, He said, fumbling with the envelope.

 

 

Jonghyun leaned back in his chair, a smirk playing at his lips as he watched the adorable human before him.  He paid particular attention as Jinki read over the poem, flushing all the way up to the tips of his ears as he finished.

 

 

Well? Jonghyun prodded.

 

 

Umm sir did you?

 

 

Did I what?

 

 

Did you send yourself a Christmas gram to ask me out? Jinki asked, looking confused and embarrassed to even ask such a thing.

 

 

That depends, Jonghyun mused.

 

 

On what?

 

 

On if you think its charming or ridiculous?  Jonghyun said with an exaggerated smile.  He didnt miss the adorable twitch to Jinkis lips.  So can I hear my gram please?

Jinki sighed as if it were the hardest thing hed ever done before reading the gram aloud:

 

 

 

there once was a boy name Jonghyun

whose life was lacking in fun

until he saw a man brighter than the sun

who walked in wearing all green

He was the cutest thing Jonghyun had ever seen

so please dont be mean

and have no fear

just be his date for christmas this year

 

 

 

Jinkis ears were still tinged pink once he finished reading, shifting his weight from foot to foot as he waited for a response.

 

 

Well, what do you say?

 

 

You missed a line there at the end, Jinki commented.

 

 

Yeah, poetry isnt my strong suit.  That wasnt really what I was asking though, Jonghyun replied.  He was not going to be swayed by Jinkis less than enthusiastic response.

 

 

You dont even know me, Jinki muttered, staring at his feet as his fingers plucked at the tinsel of his costume.

 

 

Yeah, but Id like to change that, Jonghyun explained.

 

 

But why?

 

 

Was my poem not clear enough?

 

 

You think I look cute in green so you want to take me out? The skepticism was clear.

 

 

Im sure you look cute in other colors too, Jonghyun joked.

 

 

Why should I go out with you?  I know just as much about you as you know about me, he argued but Jonghyun had hope because he still had yet to say no.

 

 

Well thats where this whole date concept comes in.  I get to know more about you and you get to know more about me.  Win win.

 

 

I—”

 

 

Ill keep sending myself Christmas grams until you give me a hard yes or no, Jonghyun quipped.

 

 

Christmas is next week, Jinki said dryly.

 

 

Yeah it will look pretty weird for me to be getting Christmas grams after that then, huh?  So it would be nice if youd just go out with me and save us both the trouble.  How about tonight?  What time do you get off work?

 

 

I oh god.  Fine.  Sure.

 

 

Really?  Jonghyun asked, his whole being perking up.

 

 

Yes.  I get off work at 8.  I can meet you by 9? Jinki said, still apprehensive but a small smile on his lips.

 

 

Deal.  Tell me where to pick you up, Jonghyun agreed without any hesitation.  They exchanged information, the awkwardness tangible but Jonghyun was near singing with happiness.  His plan, while ridiculous, had so worked.  He walked Jinki, the Christmas tree out of the building; waving goodbye before dragging his reluctant feet back to his desk.  Now, instead of waiting for Jinki to show up, he was now counting down the seconds before he got off work so he could get ready to meet Jinki for their very first date.

 

 

~~

 

 

The rest of the afternoon Jonghyun was useless.  He couldnt focus on work when he had more important things on his mind, like where he should take Jinki for their date.  What should they do?  Should he go for classy and chic?  Show off his money?  Or go for casual and laid back?  Show Jinki he was just a regular guy and nothing to be intimidated by?  Should he go for spontaneous and romantic?  Or was that coming on too strong?  Yeah, definitely too strong.  No flowers, no more lame poems, just dinner and a nice, casual activity.  Walk at the park?  Or was that too cheesy?  Comfortable coffee shop where they can talk and get to know each other?  Or would that be awkward?  Singing room?  Maybe he didnt want to sing after doing it all day for work?  Jonghyun felt like kicking himself because why hadnt he bothered to think this far ahead?  He had been so focused on getting the date he had kind of forgotten to plan the actual date.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

 

 

He didnt even have time to think about it much because he ended up having to work much too late (his own fault for being so lazy and distracted all afternoon), cutting it close.  He had just enough time to run home and change out of his ink-soaked clothes before rushing off to pick up Jinki.  There was no time to stress about what to wear or try out different outfits in the mirror.  He had to just pick something quick.  He settled on a comfortable pair of distressed jeans, tight enough to show off his legs, and a simple button down.  Not too casual, but not dressy by any means.  It still made him look damn good though.  He ran a frustrated hand through his hair, no time to do anything with it.  He slipped into a pair of nice, but casual shoes (complete with insoles because he at least wanted to be equal height to Jinki) and hurried out of his apartment and off to the address Jinki had given him.  It wasnt too far from where he lived and it was late enough that traffic wasnt terrible.  He was able to make it there on time despite his earlier stalling.  He wasnt sure where he was supposed to meet Jinki, parking in front of the apartment building and getting out of his car to wait.  It only took a few minutes for Jinkis head to pop out the door, relief painting his features to see Jonghyun waiting for him.

 

 

Hey, Jinki said, sending him a shy smile.

 

 

Hey, Jonghyun responded in turn.  So ummm Im really glad you didnt give me a bogus address or something.  Thanks.  Are you hungry?  Im hungry.  Starving actually.


Jinki smiled at Jonghyuns rambling, Yeah, Im pretty hungry too.

 

Awesome.  You dont seem like the five-star restaurant kind of guy so I that sounded awful.  I meant not that you dont deserve a five-star dinner or you are a slob or anything, Im making this even worse…”

 

 

Jinki cut him off by laughing, loud and effortless.

 

 

Sorry, Jonghyun mumbled once Jinki had calmed down.

 

 

Would you like to try that again?

 

 

Please, Jonghyun responded.  I figured we could keep things casual tonight, just get to know each other without all the frills and .  How does that sound?

 

 

That sounds nice, Jinki responded, bemused.

 

 

Great.  I know this place that serves the best wings.  Kinda messy but totally worth it.

Jinki smiled, bright and genuine, I love wings!

 

 

Awesome, lets go, Jonghyun said, motioning to the car.  Jinki opened the passenger door without hesitation, plopping down in the seat.  Jonghyun rushed to the other side, buckling himself in and throwing the car into gear.  So tell me about yourself.  When you arent singing cheesy poems at strangers, what do you like to do?

 

 

Jonghyun could almost feel Jinki rolling his eyes, Im in university actually.  Finishing up my last year.

 

 

Ohhh what do you study? Jonghyun asked.

 

 

Pharmacy, Jinki answered.

 

 

Really?  Thats like super difficult isnt it?  Chemistry and ? Jonghyun was a little more than impressed.

 

 

Jinki laughed, Yeah, lots of chemistry and .

 

 

So you are way smart?

 

 

I guess so? Jinki said, shifting in his seat.

 

 

Smart and humble, I like it, Jonghyun quipped.

 

 

Jinki rolled his eyes, What about you?  How did someone as young as you get to be such a hotshot at your firm?

 

 

Umm well connections?  My parents kind of forced me into it.  The job is okay but its pretty hard when everyone knows Im higher than I should be.  Its difficult to earn peoples respect, Jonghyun answered.  It always made him feel somewhat inadequate, like he had cheated his way to the top, even if it wasnt his choice.

 

 

Ahh well, I wont hold it against you, Jinki responded.

 

 

Thanks, Jonghyun said with an eye roll.  Annnnnnd were here!  He announced, pulling into the parking lot of a small little restaurant just off the main strip.  It was a quiet little family place that served the best wings paired with cheap beer and a good atmosphere.  It was the perfect place for a casual date.  They chose a quiet little booth near the window to sit down before the wait staff was buzzing around them.  Soon there was a pitcher of beer sitting before them and a bowl of popcorn for munching while they waited.

 

 

So how did you get into the Christmas gram business? Jonghyun asked once they were settled at their table.

 

 

Its not an exciting story or anything, I have trouble keeping stead hours with my school work, classes at odd hours and studying all the time you know how it is.  So the past few years of school Ive been doing seasonal stuff, working all summer, and doing odd shifts over the holidays.  They pay well since nobody else wants to do it and it keeps me fed all year so no complaints, Jinki explained.

 

 

You dont get to see your family during the holidays then?

 

 

They live out in the country so its hard to visit often anyway.  Its only for a few years while Im in school so its not so bad.  Once I graduate Ill have a normal job with normal hours and I can take vacations to see them.

 

 

Well I think thats kinda cool.  Its better than being a boring old accountant.

 

 

Jinki laughed, Maybe, but Im sure you get paid more.

 

 

Yeah well money isnt everything, but at least I dont have to wear spandex as part of my uniform, Jonghyun joked.

 

 

Their pleasant conversation was interrupted by the arrival of their food, a basket of chicken wings piled high and drenched in gooey sauce.  Jonghyun was still a little nervous about their date but everything was going well so far and the way Jinkis eyes lit up at the sight of their food helped ease his nerves even more.  They both dug in without reservation, the chicken devoured in record time, washed down with greasy fries and more beer.  It was the least classy date Jonghyun had ever been on, both of them covered in sauce and shamelessly their sticky fingers.    

 

 

I want to live off of nothing but this sauce, Jinki mumbled around his fingers, all but .  It would have been beyond y if he didnt have the sauce all over his face, looking more like a child than a grown man.

 

 

Me too, Jonghyun groaned, off the last drop and reaching for a handful of tissues to make himself look less like a slob.

 

 

The two of them were somewhat stuffed and just a little buzzed from the last round of beers.  Not enough to make fools of themselves but enough to loosen them both up and laugh easier.

 

 

Okay, best date ever, Jinki said with a joking little smile.

 

 

Right?  I told you this place was amazing, Jonghyun replied.

 

 

You did not lie.

 

 

Well, Im going to head to the bathroom and wash my hands.  Id rather not get the steering wheel all sticky and stuff.  But then we can get on with our date!

 

 

Oh?  What did you have planned? Jinki asked.

 

 

Youll see, Jonghyun replied, devious smile as he left the table.

 

 

Minutes later they were out the door and getting in the car with Jinki pestering him the whole way with cute little whines and pouty faces trying to find out where they were going.  Jonghyun wouldnt budge though, keeping his lips sealed with a playful smile.

 

 

The mall? Jinki asks.

 

 

Just wait, Jonghyun groans for the millionth time.

 

 

But were at the mall!

 

 

Not just any mall, okay?

 

 

Okay, Jinkis words flavored with sarcasm.  Jonghyuns body was humming with excitement as he all but dragged Jinki through the large mall to their actual destination, his eyes lighting up with understanding upon arrival, Ohhhh!!!!  I love aquariums!

 

 

Who doesnt love aquariums?

 

 

Touche.

 

 

Lets hurry!  I think they close soon and I want to see the penguins! Jonghyuns excitement was tangible.

 

 

Oh my god, they have penguins? Jinki asked, his eyes lighting up at the word alone.

 

 

Yes!

 

 

This time it was Jinki doing the dragging.

 

 

~~

 

 

That was so fun! Jinki said, a happy smile on his face as he slumped in the passenger's seat of Jonghyuns car.

 

 

I had a really good time too, Jonghyun commented, his face mirroring Jinkis.

 

 

To be honest, I was kind of worried about tonight.  I didnt expect you to be so easy going, Jinki admitted rather sheepishly.

 

 

What?  You thought I was just some stuffy businessman?  Neckties and fine dining? Jonghyun asked, pretending to be appalled by the mere idea.

 

 

Something like that?  I dont know; you just seemed so uptight before.  Very straight laced.  Not chicken wings and beer before cooing over penguins, Jinki explained.

 

 

Who the hell doesnt coo over penguins?  They waddle! Jonghyun argued.

 

 

Im not disagreeing with you!

 

 

Well for the record, I am all about wings and beer and I think penguins are adorable.  The straight laced suit and tie thing is me putting on an act, not the other way around.

 

 

Good to know, Jinki replied.

 

 

Well, this is your apartment, right?

 

 

Yeah, Jinki sighed, Well I guess this is goodnight?  I had a nice time tonight, Jinki said.

 

 

I did too.  I hope we can do it again? Jonghyun asked, biting his lip.

 

 

Definitely.  Jonghyun gave him a crooked smile, feeling so overwhelmed with emotions.  The date had only solidified his feelings for Jinki.  That initial spark hadnt been a fluke or mere physical attraction.  There was something between them, something real; something Jonghyun desperately wanted to explore further.

 

 

Well, goodnight, Jinki said, hesitating to reach for the door handle.

 

 

Jonghyun was too wrapped up in his thoughts to notice the signals until Jinki was out the door and rounding the rear of the car.  Jonghyun sprang into action, not about to miss his change, leaping out of the car too.  Jinki!  Wait!

 

 

Jinki looked up, surprised and maybe a bit relieved.

 

 

I dont want to move too fast because I think I might like you, really like you.  And I dont want to screw that up.  But I—”

 

 

Jinki placed a finger against Jonghyuns lips, silencing him.  Jonghyun, a goodnight kiss sounds perfect.  Jonghyun let out a deep sigh; one arm went to Jinkis waist to pull him close as his other hand caressed his sharp jaw, angling their faces so their lips could meet in a soft kiss.

 

 

He had been dreaming of those ample lips since the moment he had set eyes on the other, and now he was free to taste, to enjoy.  They kept the kiss innocent at first, just a gentle brush of lips, hands remaining immobile.  That was until Jinki made this little breathy moan, almost undetectable, and it bled all the way through Jonghyuns soul.  He pulled the elder closer, their bodies practically merging into one, and his lips were more demanding.  Jinki responded with enthusiasm, their tongues tangling.  Before he quite realized it, Jonghyun found his back pressed against his own car, spine curving against the metal frame to yield to Jinkis pressure.

 

 

Jonghyun let himself melt into the kiss, forgetting about everything besides the feeling of Jinki devouring him and the cold doorframe digging into his back.   This had to be heaven.  It just had to be.  Jinki felt so good, so right, pushing up against him like that.  Jonghyun wanted to stay like this forever, lips touching and breath mingling.  He let his hands wander past what was acceptable given that they were still in public.  Jinki didnt seem to mind though, groaning out in pleasure as Jonghyuns hands explored his chest before circling around, going down, down, down his back.  No he definitely didnt seem to mind, only returning the sentiment.  His knee settling between Jonghyuns legs, rubbing his thigh against Jonghyun and yep, that was it.  That was over the line of things Jonghyun could withstand.

 

 

, Jinki we ughh, Jonghyun mumbled, not even sure himself what he was trying to say.

 

 

Jinki chuckled at Jonghyuns inability to even think, Sorry, you said you wanted to take things slow.  That wasnt very slow of us.

 

 

Dont apologize for that, Jonghyun muttered.

 

 

And to think you almost let me walk in there without some much as a goodnight peck on the cheek. Jinki chided.

 

 

I didnt know you were offering up a grand slam okay, I was trying to be respectful or something, Jonghyun whined.

 

 

I guess Im too subtle with my signals.  Mental note for the next guy I date I suppose, Jinki replied, his lips turned up in a crooked smile.

 

 

The next guy you date had better be me, Jonghyun muttered, punching Jinki in the chest with a playful fist.

 

 

The elder laughed, Something tells me you just might be.  He pulled Jonghyun in for a soft, chaste kiss, soothing away the pout his joke had caused.

 

 

You should go in.  As much as I am enjoying reliving my younger days with this whole - making out on the car - thing, we both should get some sleep.

 

 

Youre right, Jinki relented, pulling back to let a buffer of icy air seep down between their bodies.  Call me.

 

 

I will, Jonghyun breathed, biting his lip as he watched Jinkis silhouette walk towards the towering apartment building. Best. Date. Ever. He muttered to himself, lips pulling up into an infectious smile.

 

 

~~

 

 

a/n: please don’t hold my terrible attempts at poetry against me ㅠㅠ