Chapter 1

Foolish

There was glass shattered on the floor from the broken vase he threw a minute ago. His face was cold and dark. Silence embraced the air; the only thing I could hear was the heavy breathing from the both of us.

“I hate you.” I whispered.

“Don’t…” he said bleakly.

I was foolish to think you cared.

The tears on my face were now dried stains. There was blood dripping slowly down his hand and onto the floor, it was the glass from the shattered vase he was clenching on. I wanted to nurse his hand, but I couldn’t.

I was foolish to think you liked me.

The tears on my cheeks were now dried stains. My face was sticky flushed mess. I had to leave, before I broke down again. I quickly grabbed my bag and the belongings from my bag that had scattered on the ground and placed them in my bag. I felt his stare, but didn’t look up. I finished putting my stuff away and passed by him to reach the door. He roughly grabbed my wrist before I could open the door.

“Just let me explain.”

I pulled my hand away and walked into the hallway, making my way to the elevator. My heels echoed in the empty hallway. He was in front of me now blocking my way.

“Just leave me alone!”

My voice was breaking, I needed to leave now. I didn’t want him to see me this weak ever again.

I was foolish to like you.

“I need you to hear me out.”

He was pleading with me now. I wanted to hear him, I wanted to understand, but I didn’t know what possible excuse he could say.

He moved closer, “Please, just listen.”

The elevator doors opened just in time and I pushed him away. I turned around and I caught a glimpse of his broken expression as the elevator doors chimed. Apart of me wanted to run back upstairs and listen to his story, but the other part of me won this battle. That part was making her way down the elevator and out of this building.

I was foolish to care.

The elevator doors opened and I got off. He was in front of me, leaning forward and his hands on his knees, huffing and puffing.

“Did you just run down fourteen flights of stairs?”

“Yes,” he huffed. “Now can you just listen to me?”

“Running down fourteen flights of stairs doesn’t change anything,” I retorted harshly.

I was foolish to let you in.

I started walking faster now and made my way outside. I noticed a couple of vans outside and some photographers. They were here for him. I covered my face with my purse and hoped they didn’t notice me.

“Wait!”

Oh god, why couldn’t he just leave me alone?

He was in front me once again.

“You’re right, So Ra. Running fourteen flights of stairs doesn’t change anything.”

He was inching closer, “But does this?”

His lips were on mine now. His mouth was warm and soft.

“Isn’t that Kai?”

I could hear the whispers around us.

“Yes!”

“That’s definitely him.”

“Quick, get a photo!”

I heard it all, and I should have pushed him away. I should have told him they were watching, but I didn’t care. I dropped my bag and wrapped myself around him. He drew me in. He was all I could smell and hear now, his mouth hot on mine. He tasted like mouthwash and peppermint gum. The kiss grew more passionate and Kai lightly rested his hand on my cheek. I could feel my heart beating and the butterflies in my stomach swarming. I felt weak and before I could fall, he mouth left mine.

There was a boyish grin on his face and then I remembered it all over again. It was the same boyish grin he had when he kissed her.

I slapped him hard.

I was foolish to let you kiss me.

 

 

a/n: hello lovely readers, so this story randomly came up to me while watching a drama haha. So I hope you enjoy it and please tell me what you think okay? I will try to update as much as I can, but I do have school right now. So please comment and subscribe! I have another story that's on hiatus right now, please also read and comment there. Give me some motivation to finish both these stories. Thank you!