CHAPTER ii

Believed, Deceived, Saved [HIATUS]

          “Let's walk home together! Which direction do you live in?” Seohyun asked brightly after school ended. We'd passed notes all throughout the day and she introduced me to some people who were waving to me now.
          “Actually I think I should take her home, right?” Jessica called from behind us.
          “Don't think you can steal the new girl away from me!” Taeyeon ran to catch up with us at the school gates and beamed at me. “Jessica here is such an idiot that I doubt she even remembers where she lives. Don't let her take you home, Yoona, she'll get you lost.”
          Jessica playfully pushed Taeyeon's shoulder and said with mock hurt, “Actually I know exactly where I live.” She proceeded to tell her whole address and then turned to me. “How about we all take you home? I think that'd be a better idea.”
          “Yeah, maybe,” I laughed and we all walked off campus, joking and playing and teasing each other. We were almost down the block when a red sports car zoomed past us, Sehun as the driver and Tiffany in the passenger seat, her long hair flowing in the wind. As they passed we all watched in awe as the two hottest people in school drove by in the hottest car in the world. “He's so handsome,” I sighed.
          “Too bad he's a terrible playboy,” Taeyeon accused, bitterness apparent in her voice.
          “She got played by him last year when he randomly decided to ask her on a few dates...to his bedroom,” Jessica said quietly to me.
          “Shut it, Sickly. Baekhyun doesn't like to hear about that,” Taeyeon snapped.
          “He's not even here right now, Byuntaeng!” Jessica countered.
          They continued on with their meaningless insults as Seohyun and I chuckled at their childishness until a sudden realization dawned on me.
          “You slept with Sehun?!” I half shouted toward Taeyeon, causing people on the other side of the street to look at us in suspicion.
          “Keep it down, Yoona,” Taeyeon hushed me, looking around to make sure no one was near enough to hear her besides us. “Yeah, I slept with him, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Baekhyun and I had broken up and I was depressed for a while but then Sehun said he could make me feel better. Look, it was a stupid decision, I know, but what can you expect from a heart broken girl? We got back together though, Baekhyun and I...” she trailed off and twisted the couple ring around on her finger.
          Taken aback, I looked to Seohyun to change the conversation and she read my expression loud and clear.
          “Oh, your house is just few blocks away now, right, Yoona? I'll walk you the rest of the way. You two go on ahead, I'll see you tomorrow,” she said, waving at Taeyeon and Jessica.
          We said our goodbyes and then it was just Seohyun and me. We walked to my driveway in silence and sat on the curb, staring into space. I turned my head to her and attempted to strike a conversation but noticed her empty stare into the street. She must have heard my sudden inhalation, though, because she abruptly jumped up and frantically waved, smiling nervously and backing up.
          “Sorry, I have to go now. I'll text you later!” she called as she turned and walked briskly around the corner in the direction of her own house.
          Confused, I walked inside and almost tripped over my own feet when I stepped into the living room. There was Oh Sehun, sitting comfortably on my couch and chatting with my parents. What's he doing here? The most handsome guy in school is in my living room, I thought. The most handsome guy in school is in my living room! Oh my gosh Oh Sehun is in my house! My heart rate picked up as he turned and smiled at me. My mom rose from the couch and clasped her hands together as if pleasantly surprised, which happened to be my feelings exactly.
          “Look, sweetie, this is Oh Sehun,” she smiled gently, light wrinkles showing around her eyes already despite her only being in her mid-forties. “He's our next-door-neighbor and he came to accommodate us. Isn't that great? You have friends at school already.”
          “Yeah, I know, he's in my class and even sits behind me and- wait what? 'Next-door-neighbor?'” My eyes widened and my book bag dropped to the floor but I was too shocked to pick it back up.
          “Why, do you not like the idea of being my neighbor?” Sehun asked, feinting disappointment.
          “N-n-no! I'm perfectly fine with it! I mean- yeah, that's cool. Interesting. I-I'm gonna do my homework now.” I stuttered embarrassingly, stooped to pick up my bag, and rushed up the stairs to the safety of my room where I fumbled to fish my phone out of my pocket and text Seohyun.
          Im neighbors w/ sehun!! Did u notice? Is that y u were acting strange earlier?
          Yeah, sry. I didnt mean 2 act strange its just that the thought was weird 2 me. Sry again. :(
          No its ok! Anyways ill talk 2 u 2morrow. Hw is waiting >_>

          Wow, I marveled. Sehun is my neighbor. What if we could do neighbor things like hang out sometimes and have barbecues together? Or maybe we could tutor each other after school.
          A sudden knock sounded at my door and I scolded myself for thinking such weird thoughts of someone I don't even know that well. Composing myself, I opened the door and saw my older brother Donghae with a stone hard expression. I stepped back as he forced himself in, shoving me aside and slamming the door shut. He grabbed my shoulders and looked me straight in the eye and, quite frankly, I was pretty worried at this point.
          “Yoona. You are not to have anything to do with Sehun, you hear me?” he ordered.
          “How do you know Sehun? And why are you acting like this, you're scaring me!” I whined. My kind brother was always the passive type of person, never to resort to violence unless it regarded his family. But this angry Donghae was a side I hadn't seen before. What had Sehun done to cause Donghae to act this way?
          “Remember Boa?” he asked softly, the fire dying down in his eyes. I gulped and nodded slowly. “When I came back from studying abroad a few months ago, I found out that she had slept with Sehun. Apparently their dads both work for the same company so they knew each other for a while and she went to him when she was lonely. Even though we promised to stay faithful...” His voice cracked as he let go of my shoulders and brought a hand to cover his eyes. I felt tears pooling in my own eyes at the sight of my loving brother in such a helpless state.
          “I'll steer clear of him, I promise,” I said with a hint of determination in my voice, hugging Donghae to comfort him.
          “Yoona, come down and our guest out!” My mom called from downstairs, interrupting my consolation attempts for Donghae.
          Grudgingly opening my bedroom door to walk out, I plastered a smile onto my face and went back to the living room, leaving my brother to sulk in his own room.
          “Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you tomorrow,” I spoke while holding the door open for Sehun. He nodded and waved goodbye to my parents before turning around, smirking at me and walking out. What's with this guy and his smirks? I never knew someone with such a serious face could have such y expressions, I thought while closing the front door. Ugh, I have to stop thinking about him. What if I somehow end up as one of his many one night stands?

 

-------------------

 

Okey I'm really sorry, guys! I know I said I'd try to update every week but then a B1A4 concert happened last Friday and I got sick and a virus got into my computer and I had to get it fixed and school is so time consuming and I'm really sorry D: And omg the news about Luhan leaving Exo made me legit cry this morning at school TT____TT

 

Okey so I just had a dilemma: people are telling me to switch to Wattpad but I'm not sure if I should leave. I'll leave a poll here and let you guys vote~

(I'll take it down once one of the choices hits at least 75% so votevotevote please! :) )