Shock me for real. Make me really hurt.

Make me really hurt.
Please log in to read the full chapter

I walked aimlessly along the paths of the busy night in Seoul, where it was still warm, due to the summer season. The people around me were busy with their families, lovers, friends, whatever. They all seemed happy. I, on the other hand, was wandering around this big city, thinking. It was not a time to be out, but I couldn’t stay at home- that would remind me of him even more.

You see, I am in a relationship. Well, what’s left of a relationship anyway. But the whole reason why this soon-to-be-over relationship is going to be over soon, is because of the other part. The other one. The one who completes this. The one who completes us. The thing is though, he’s… not been around lately. And I mean really not been around. He’s never around- it’s as if, we’re indifferent to each other, we don’t know each other. I don’t know what made us grow so apart, what made him drift away, but I’m done with trying to tell myself it’s nothing. That he’ll come back soon and we’ll be happy together again, like we used to be. I realised that there’s no point in trying to tell myself petty little lies because it’s just hurting me all over again. So that’s why I’ve made up my mind. That’s why I’m going to where I’m going now, because whilst I was walking aimlessly around the streets, thinking about how he’s spending his birthday without me right now but probably with other people, a text has been sent to me. By one of his friends, and mine too.

I’m going to miss that too, when I finally break up with him. Our friends. Sure, just because Daehyun and I going to be over, doesn’t mean that my friendship with the other guys will be over. But, there’s going to be no doubt that we will drift apart a tiny bit and that hurts me. I’m going to miss them. Himchan texted me and I’m happy he did. I think he’s keeping a really good position in the middle and I don’t know how he does it. Maybe he doesn’t know exactly what’s going on, but I doubt it because being one of the eldest, who’s probably had experience in these kinds of things, I don’t think he’d be blunt to the new, harsh surroundings. He’s always used to me meeting up with Daehyun since he, and the rest, are there most of the time as well… But he’s probably noticed something’s a bit off considering Daehyun hasn’t texted me in a week and a half. Or called me in a week, for that matter. We haven’t seen each other in two weeks.

Although the physical evidence is there now- the time is too much for us to say that we’re still seeing each other face to face and showing our affection- the feeling has been gone for a long time. He’s been far away for more than a month, nearly two and if I’m honest, I did ignore it. I didn’t want to admit it, and therefore I ignored it. But now, I’m adamant. I’m going to find out once and for all and nothing is going to stop me, not even my tears or fear of the truth. So now I’m going… to the place where Himchan had texted me just. The place where they all are, celebrating. Without me.

I arrive and push the door with little hesitation, but nod my head and reassure myself once more. Counting the advantages of breaking up with him now, instead of staying with him and giving more chances like I’ve done so many times in

Please log in to read the full chapter