1/1

Euphoria

Sungmin smiled as he opened his eyes. He didn’t mind that it was too bright in the room, or that it was too late for him to be waking up. Being mindful of the body that was practically wrapped around his own, he stretched and yawned, sighing soon after. Last night’s activities brought a brush to his cheeks and the warm breath of his lover on his shoulder brought goosebumps to the surface of his arms. 

“Good morning,” a voice deep and husky with sleep greeted. A pair of lips kissed a small trail of kisses from Sungmin’s shoulder to his neck. “Did you sleep well?”

Sungmin nodded. He slept amazingly. He always did whenever Kyuhyun was there. The thought made him sad because Kyuhyun wasn’t always there anymore. He came and went as he pleased. It was rare that he stayed all night anymore. Not that Sungmin could blame him. This entire setup had been of Sungmin’s own disastrous making. 

Kyuhyun humored him at best these days. Maybe they had drifted apart, holding onto the thing that had made them a ‘them’ in the first place. When they ed, the world fell away; when they ed, there was no rhyme or reason, there was nothing but euphoria. It was that desperate need to feel whole, to feel lighter than air, that had Sungmin graciously inviting the younger man into his bed. 

There was a time when they were a couple - born of curiosity and harbored in secret. They were good together. They understood the boundaries their career put on them. Everything was peaches and cream, delicate and delicious. Until Sungmin realized that he couldn't live in a fantasy world. He broke them up, asked a friend to become a shield, and made a mockery of the idea of a relationship. 

He couldn’t even feel ashamed as Kyuhyun laughed at him when he practically begged the other to lie with him, hold him as he slowly lost his mind. Kyuhyun was too good to him. A saint in the guise of a devil who knew Sungmin’s body like a fiddle that he played hard, wearing it out until the strings were dull and snapping. 

Kyuhyun’s lips came away from Sungmin’s skin, surely leaving behind little marks that would need to be concealed. He did that often, probably to remind Sungmin that he could only lie so much. “I should probably be going. Your girlfriend should be here soon.”

There used to be spite in his tone when he said things like that. That animosity was long gone. Like he had stopped really caring. Maybe he had. Maybe he was only in it for the now. 

Sungmin shook his head. “Not today. I told her not to.”

Kyuhyun smirked. “Really, and why not?”

Because I want to be with you today… because I want to forget. “Because.” 

With cold fingers, Sungmin reached for Kyuhyun. He caught the younger’s arm, bringing him back to the bed, pulling him down until he was hovering over Sungmin. The sly smile painting Kyuhyun’s lips was amused.

Kyuhyun’s back was angry red, the trek of Sungmin’s nails obvious against the pale tone of his skin - lines of desperation drawn as the older held on for dear life. He cried out when he found that blissful feeling, that onslaught of euphoria. 

Nothing would ever compete with this feeling. Nothing like Kyuhyun.