Promise

A Bowling Affair

Jung Kook walked into his favourite bar with his shoulders slumped over. He had gotten a fight with his squad mates when they jokingly asked him whether he's gay. Jung Kook had shouted that it didn't matter as long as he loved that person. 

Now Jung Kook was questioning himself, did it really not matter at all. 

All he wanted was Tae Hyung to accept him and not to put up a disappearing act. He didn't know what that night meant to Tae Hyung but he knew that, deep in his heart, it was special. 

It was the first night that Tae Hyung had ever looked seriously into his eyes and said, "I want you." 

It was the first night that Tae Hyung had ever embraced him so tightly, murmuring the words, "Don't ever leave me." 

Jung Kook's heart clenched at those memories. He squeezed his eyes and made his way to his favourite seat.

"The usual please." 

That night, he had downed more than unusual, but it didn't matter to him because with Tae Hyung, he wouldn't mind a thing if he had only cared to explain.

He was walking drunkenly in the back alley until his legs seemed like they couldn't hold him anymore. When he was about to collapse, a hand with familiar strength held him up in the nick of time.

"Jung Kook-ah, why did you drink so much?"
Jung Kook struggled to pry open his eyelids to look at the owner of the voice. 

Hell, it was him. Tae Hyung was talking to him. The genuine one was talking to him. 

He rubbed his eyes roughly and slapped himself a couple of times, only to peer at Tae Hyung again and realise it's him.  It wasn't one of his hallucinations he had after drinking too much. 

He flung Tae Hyung's hand away and tried to make his way back to his apartment. Tae Hyung chased after him and grabbed his hand, making him spin towards him. 

"What do you want this time? ? Just ing let me go."Jung Kook gave a long hard stare at Tae Hyung while spitting out his words. 

"Jung Kook, I...I just want to talk-"

"Talk?! You had 2 full years to prepare. Your talk better be something really good."

 Jung Kook folded his arms and leaned against the wall. He was desperately trying not to black out although his head was spinning wildly,

" Jung Kook, I'm sorry."

" Oh, wow. Only that? Thanks a lot, I've always been waiting for this moment. If it's only this, then I get it. You're forgiven. Bye, you can go now." 

Jung Kook waved his hand at Tae Hyung and tried to move away. He tripped over a stone and was caught by Tae Hyung again.

"And I love you. A lot. More than I should."

Jung Kook shoved Tae Hyung away and said softly, "No, no, that can't be true.  You're lying to me again, aren't you? Like the last time. You said you want me but why, why did you just ing leave a note and leave me all alone?"

As Jung Kook ranted, all his tears that he had held back for so long spilled over. He fell to the floor on his hands and knees. He shoke terribly as his words became incoherent. His tears hit the floor with in tiny pitter patter. Tae Hyung sighed heavily, walked slowly over to him and kneeled down beside him.

"Jung Kook, I'm sorry, really. That time, I just couldn't come to terms that I... I was... gay." His voice quietened down at the last word.  

Jung Kook looked up and told Tae Hyung, "Isn't being with me enough? Why do you care? We could always go somewhere else. Together. Just don't leave me like you did. Ever again."

Jung Kook was looking desperately at Tae Hyung. His black eyes as if finding light for the first time, had a hint of light.

Tae Hyung cupped Jung Kook's face and pulled him into his lap. " Jung Kook-ah, I've realise that already, so now, I won't leave you. Even for a billion dollars." Tae Hyung paused for a moment, making sure Jung Kook had heard him before continuing, "Because I'm already the richest person when I have you." 

"You aren't lying to me, right? You won't leave me again, right?
"No, I will never ever leave you again, trust me."
"Promise me then." 
Jung Kook held out his pinky, waiting for Tae Hyung to hook his and press his thumb against his to confirm the promise. 
"Promise."

Tae Hyung pulled Jung Kook from his lap and held his face in front of his and said, "I think I've forgotten how you taste like. It has been too long. Will you let me try tonight?"

Jung Kook nodded enthusiastically, and moved in for a kiss. A kiss he had been waiting for so long.