Beautiful, Too

Beautiful, Too

Wake up, wake up pappa! it’s a Sunday, today’s a Sunday!

Minseok groans, turning and burrowing his face deeper into his pillow. “Five more minutes,” he mumbles out, but his request goes largely ignored  - partly perhaps due to the fact that he’s mumbling into his pillow and it comes out as a garbled “mmfffff”.

“Pappa,” comes the reproachful wail, and with Herculean effort, Minseok rolls around to find a pair of eyes that bear a striking resemblance to his, staring back at him, while soft curls framed the delicate face.

“I’m awake, Seon - hush now before you wake your daddy up,” he says, just as someone else stirs in the bed, next to him.

“Too late,” comes the slightly grumpy response, and there’s a rustle of sheets and blankets as Luhan sits up slowly, rubbing at his eyes and yawning. “’m wide awake, and ready to hand out punishments to little princesses who don’t stay in bed at-“ he glances over at the clock next the bed, and growls-“ six in the morning.” He makes a brief clawing motion with his hands, as if trying to grab at Seon in retaliation for waking him up.

Giggling, Seon clambers over Minseok and tucks herself against his other side, trying to escape. “Save me, pappa!” she squeals, just as Luhan’s arms come within reach of her.

Minseok puts his hand up, between them, and sits up – effectively blocking Luhan. “Nope,” he tells Luhan, trying to hold back his grin. Behind him, he can hear Seon cheering and clapping her hands. “Gotta protect the princess from pretty boys like you.”

Luhan narrows his eyes. It’s been ten years since he had graduated from school, and working in the corporate world had given him enough of a more matured look that he was no longer mistaken as… delicate - compared to when he had been younger – yet it still rankled him to be called pretty. “Oh, you’re going to pay for that,” he says, and that’s the only warning Minseok gets before Luhan tugs him into his lap, and proceeds to give him the worst tickling of his life.

Minseok yelps, his hands shifting about trying to push Luhan’s hands away and failing, because Luhan is ruthless and cheats by going for his weak spots. “’s not fair,” he protests weakly between gasps of laughter just before Luhan changes tactics and leans down to kiss him, soft and gentle and undemanding.

It’s hard not to give in, to let the hands that had been shoving Luhan away now slide up his shoulders, resting on top of them, and to sigh into the kiss, morning breath and sleep be damned. And perhaps it’s this weakness that Luhan exploits just before he flips Minseok over onto his back, effectively removing the one obstacle between him and Seon.

“Gotcha,” Luhan says gleefully as he wraps his arms around his daughter as she erupts in a bout of giggles while he proceeds to give her a cuddle attack.

Laughter fills the room, just as the morning sun peeks in through the curtains, framing a chuckling Luhan as he pulls Seon against his chest. She’s no longer kicking a fuss now, tired from the excitement, but still smiling happily.

Minseok sits up, resting on his elbows, and watches as Luhan her hair gently, before he glances up. His eyes meet Minseok’s – soft, adoring, and Minseok feels an overwhelming sense of love and affection for his husband.

“Hey,” Luhan says softly. “Come here.” He shifts a little, making enough space for Minseok to crawl over and sit next to him with Seon tucked between them. It’s close enough for Luhan to lean over, brushing his lips against Minseok’s forehead. “You’re beautiful, you know,” he whispers.

Minseok blushes, because even after being married for six years it still gets to him whenever Luhan compliments him out of the blue, like this. “You are such a sap,” he retorts, forgetting to keep his voice down.

“Pappa, what’s a sap?” he hears, and he swallows his groan. “Is that like an animal? Can it fly? Does it talk?"

Luhan chuckles, just as Minseok huffs in a mock annoyance at being teased. “It’s a magical deer that likes to hop around in the forest and climb trees,” he tells Seon in a Very Serious Voice, and he hears Luhan’s sputtered what and thinks, hah, payback is so, so sweet.

Yet, later when Seon is sitting on the living room couch watching cartoons on T.V., Minseok corners Luhan in the kitchen where he’s busy washing the dishes, and plants an apology kiss on his husband’s cheek anyway.

“You’re beautiful, too,” Minseok adds, a moment later, and is rewarded with a soft smile and peck on the nose, before being pelted with soap suds.

 

 

~fin~

♥ a/n: i accidentally wrote a sequel woops. and another one.