The truth is...

Letters to Jersey 99

Minseok stroll down the stairs when suddenly he heard someone shout his name. He turns around smile when he saw Jongdae. Jongdae wraps his neck and pant, catching his breath. Minseok chuckle and slap his chest.

“Now what?” Minseok sarcastically said and Jongdae glare at him. But then he beam and hug him even tighter.

“I saw her.” He said and Minseok just roll his eyes. He knows that Jongdae have a crush with this one girl. He doesn’t quite remember her name, and Jongdae rarely talk about her. But then when Jongdae starts talking about her, something must be happening between them. And he can’t help but wonder what it is.

“There must be something happened between you two, right?” Minseok guess and judging by Jongdae’s smile, he knows that it was true.

“Care to tell me?” Minseok ask and Jongdae beam at him.

“No.,” he says and Minseok make a face. He yank Jongdae’s arm away from his neck and look at him.

“Fine then.” He muttered and starts to walk away when suddenly something soft hit his face. He blinks twice and squint his eyes to make his vision clearer. He looks closely and realizes that it is a paper.

A paper…

Something snaps on him.

He snatches the letter from Hwayoung’s grip and stares at her. “This is for you.” She says and turn back, but then she face him and narrow her eyes at him.

“And don’t forget to read it.” She says and briskly walks away from him. He wants to call her, but then he realizes that they are in the school, and people are looking at him right now. He just bow his head a little and scratch his nape.

“Hyung,” Jongdae exclaim and glance at the letter on Minseok’s palm. “You didn’t tell me that you have a secret admirer.” Jongdae trail his words and pout. Minseok just ignores him and let his mind wander about the scene just now. The look she gave him is different from their first and second meeting.

“And don’t forget to read it.” Her words buzzing in his mind, and he decide to read all the letters she’d gave to him tonight.

•••

Minseok looks at all the letters he received since three weeks ago. Time passed by, and he suddenly burst into laughter. He laughs so hard that his stomach hurts. With much difficulty, he dials Jongdae’s number and wipes the tears that were forming.

Hello?”

“Jongdae! You must come to my house. I want to show you something important. Really important.” He smirks and wonder how Jongdae’s reaction when he read this entire letters. He glances back at the letters in his bed and shake his head.

Il Hwa, you are really something…

•••

“Are you sure you will give all of this to me?” Jongdae asks and looks at all the letters on his hand. His face showed that he felt really happy about this. And Minseok just beams at him. “Of course.”

After Jongdae arrived at his house, Minseok who was still laughing, show him all the letters. At first, Jongdae refuse to read it because he felt like it was invading Minseok’s own privacy. But after Minseok assured him that it was okay for him to read, he read. And Minseok laughs again when he saw Jongdae’s dumbfounded face.

“Obviously, your crush also likes you,” Minseok says nonchalantly, and Jongdae’s face flush red. Jongdae stares at the letters again and shakes his head.

“But that girl should just send the letter to me… Why she give it to you instead?” Jongdae asks and Minseok just shrug. He didn’t have an answer for Jongdae’s question…yet.

“Do you have a plan hyung?” Jongdae asks and keeps the letters in his backpack. Minseok saw that and smirk.

“I am.” He mutter and Jongdae close their distance. Minseok turns to him and whispers something at his ear. And Jongdae snickers. Minseok looks at him and raises his eyebrows. Jongdae smiles at him and nods his head.

“Deal.” Both of them said.