Goodbye

If you Forget Our Love

Long chapter ahead~

I apologize for any mistakes. 


Nara checked her phone. It was already seven at night, yet Kris was nowhere to be found. This was not a rare occasion that Kris was coming home late. Nara wasn't stupid, she noticed that this has been happening for the past two months.  

She glanced at the table filled with forgotten dishes that she spent her whole afternoon making. The unpleasant scent of the food welcomed her when she felt the urge to puke.  

Once again, Nara peeked at the food sitting next to her. She lost her patience and finally called her lover. 

Kris was sitting on the benches watching the special fireworks he had prepared for another girl that wasn't Nara. A girl that he thought was better than Nara. Beside him was a drop-dead beautiful lady, Tiffany. She owned the richest black hair that framed her small pale face. Her high cheek bones and red lips that enhanced her brown eyes. She resembled a goddess. 

As the fireworks show started to end, his phone rang. Clearly annoyed, he pulled out his phone only to see a call from Nara. A wave of guilt washed over him and he hurriedly dismissed himself from Tiffany. 

He stared reluctantly at his Samsung, but answered the call.

"Hey honey, I made dinner, your favourites. Where are you? “Nara started. 
"Hi Nara, Um... I'm at a b...business dinner. Don't wait for me, I'm going to be home late today." Kris replied as a sudden shriek errupted from Tiffany . 
"O...Okay. Have fun and try to come home early." 
"You too, go to sleep, I will be back soon."
"Okay, bye, love you Kris."
"L...love you t...too. Bye" He hanged up immediately. 

Their short call ended and Kris was at Tiffany's side once again. 

Nara didn't fail to catch the girly squeak on the other line during their conversation. Nor did she fail realise that Kris didn't call her any pet names. She knew that Kris was lying about attending a business dinner. It was obvious. Stuttering and high pitched screams didn't belong in a formal party. Her mind began to create possibilities about what was happening. However, she ignored them, and continued to wait for Kris. 

Another hour passed, Kris still wasn't home.

Two hours passed.

Three...

Four...

A little after midnight, Kris came home. Nara had already fallen into deep slumber by then. Carefully, Kris knelt down beside her. He stared at her creamy, white face that once made his heart beat accelerate, palms sweaty and mind blank. Yet now, he didn't feel anything. Not even the slightest tingly feeling. 

From the corner of his eyes, he saw the dinner Nara had prepared for him. Fried chicken, kimchi spaghetti and garden salad paired with red wine, all home cooked. He was overwhelmed by how much effort she put in for him. Nara hated cooking. She would always injure herself someway. Kris knew that. Yet she still managed to create such amazing dishes. He was touched, he wanted to at least try the food; but, the meal with Tiffany enjoyed was more than enough for him. 

When Nara woke up, it was only four in the morning. She tried to, but she just couldn't fall asleep again. Quietly, she crept into their bedroom and saw Kris sleeping peacefully in the bed with his long limbs spread. 

She was trying to take off his blazer when a strong scent attacked her nose. It wasn't a man's cologne, but a women’s’ perfume; and it didn't belong to her. Worry filled her mind as she proceeded her actions. 

After another fifteen minutes, and Nara was finished. She knelt down beside him and gazed at his flawless face. His eyes, even when closed made butterflies go wild in her tummy. His mouth that used to kiss away her worries. His long arms that once cuddled her to reassure that he was hers. Yet, now, none of those experiences happened again. Well, at least not on her. They reoccurred on another woman that was twice as pretty as her, twice as fashionable than her and her body twice as y as hers.

Nara was now positive about Kris cheating on her. He came home late; stuttered on the phone; didn't have any more intimite moments with her; ignored her and he always smelt like another woman. All of those messages conveyed to Nara that she wasn't in her heart anymore. She was replaced by someone better.

Then, she crept into a guest bedroom and spent the night there. 


In the morning, Nara looked like a female version of Tao, Kris's bestfriend since elementary school. Dark eye circles and eye bags. She didn't earn any sleep because it was her first time sleeping next to an empty matress. It felt so... wrong without Kris next to her. However, she wanted to give him some prirvacy. He wasn't hers anymore, he deserved to be alone.

From the peek of the cream colored door, she saw her lover, ex-lover still laying across the messy sheets. That thought alone left tears b her eyes. Then, she walked silently downstairs to prepare breakfast. Even if they were rich and had maids to assist them, Nara still preferred to make the meals because Kris would only eat the food that she makes. She wanted to satistfy him in every way possible.

Nara decided to fry eggs and bacon with toast and prepare a honey and fruit oatmeal. The aroma of the food found its way to her nose and the want to vomit arose agan. Yet, she held it back in and quickly served the breakfast.

Not long after, Kris came down to the vast kitchen and found a small Nara huddled in a corner, far away from the food. He found that very peculiar since breakfast were both their favourite meal of the day. He strided over to her and bent down too see her pale face. 

"Hey are you alright?" Kris started.

"Yeah I'm fine."

"Then why are you cuddling yourself in the corner?"

"Because... l the food smells weird."

Upon hearing that, Kris frowned. sure, Nara was a clumsy chef, but the exceptional food she cooked made up for it. He picked the bowl of oatmeal up and sniffed it. Kris looked like a dog wile he kept on sniffing it. The view made Nara crack up a little. Yet she came to her senses that his heart didn't belong to her anymore. The thought alone could have let her fragile eyes bawl tears out. Because of Kris, she held it in like a strong woman.

"Nara, the food has an aroma, why you think it was weird?"

"I don't know. Okay, now let's eat."

Upon hearing that, he stumbled. "Sorry Nara, I really have to ea noe. Let's eat together at dinner ok?"

Nara silently nodded and to her heels and walked away. Kris felt at fault and his mood fell down. Then, a vibration in his pocket startled him. 

"Tiffany." He whispered to himself. His mood immediately boost up and his heart beat sped up. WIth clammy hands, he answered the call.

"Morning my yeobo." Kris began

After a long while, Kris finally exploded. "WHAT! YOU'RE PREGNANT?" He yelled a little louder than he should have.

"Stay there, I'll take you to the hospital and check." His voice was bursting with excitement and happiness.

Then, the tall giant bolted to his black Nissan and drove off without a bite of his forgotten girlfriend's hardwork. 

Kris had been so bright that he had missed the fragile figure standing in the coner. So fragile, as if the figure could break any minute now. That girl had tears rolling down her face, destorying the fresh make up she had applied. She felt so betrayed and angry. Kris, had slept with another girl other than her and had possibly gotten her pregnant. For the first time, Nara expreienced the pain of an emotional breakdown. She felt a sudden wave of dizziness and before she fainted, she saw a worried maid rush over. 


When Nara's eyes opened, she took in the unfamiliar surroundings of the new white room. Lay, the doctor strolled into the room when he saw that Nara had woken up. 

"Miss Nara, I am your personal doctor during your stay here at Seoul Hospital. To begin with, my name is Lay. First, how do you feel?" he asked.

"Why am I here?"

"Miss Nara, I have been informed that you are a responsible and reliable woman. So, may I question why were you letting your emotions getting the better of yourself when you are pregnant?"

"What!? Am l pregnant!?" She screamed. 

"Calm down Miss, I know being pregnant gives you mood swings, but please calm down."

"Oh, sorry." Nara aplogized with a red, but surprised face.

"Don't worry miss. Now that is done, you are to be discharged tomorrow." "Also, I strongly advise ythat you start taking yoga classes, it's healthy for the baby."

"Ok" With that, he left the room. 


After being informed about the yoga classes, Nara decided to see one of the classes. 

She walked slowly down the corridor, still trying to absorb the new information. When she arrived,a wave of excitement swept over her. However, when she peeked into the door, the wave of excitement was replaced by by one of fear. Kris was sitting on the bench listening to the yoga instructor. Beside him was a gorgeous and skinny girl. That girl was Tiffany. 

Despite already knowing the truth, her heart still broke at the scence of Kris placing a gentle kiss on Tiffany's hair. She sprinted down the corridor as she saw Kris connect his eyes with her. Kris got worried and his mind was filled with different possiblities. Why was she here. Is she pregnant? No, she can't be. Wat about Tiffany? Kris knew he was being selfish, but he still hoped Nara was not pregnant.

Kris excused himself from Tiffany before following Nara. His fear was confirmed when he heard a dotor warning her not to run because it would harm the baby. Then, he went back to Tiffany while Nara caught a cab home. Nara hadn't even informed Kris about her pregnancy. She was going to tell him before she saw Kris and her together in the yoga room. 

"I'm sorry baby-ah," she whispered to her barely noticable belly. "mommy can't give you a daddy. So you have to grow strong and be brave."

She had alreay decided to end her relationship with Kris. There was no point making all kris, Tiffany and her suffer.  So, she was going to let him go. 

That night at dinner, she brought the topic up.

"We've grown apart." Was the first thing that came out of .

Kris stiffened. "Yeah we have haven't we?"

"Why?"

Silence. 

"We should break up" Nara calmly stated. 

"What, why? Have I done anything wrong?"

"Kris, there's no point of denying. You and I both know very well that you have been seeing someone this entire time."

His face filled with shock. "How did you know? Did you stalk me!?"

"I have my own ways of finding out." Nara sighs, "Besides, I'm not that low."

"What about the baby!?"

Nara froze before continuing with a shaky voice. "It's okay, I know you don't want the baby to interfer with the relationship you have with Tiffany. This is going to be my baby."

"I'm so sorry Nara, it's just that...that" 

"No need to explain yourself. It's fine. Really" She sobbed lightly. "We should both part our own ways. You no longer love me and it's okay. it's my fault for not being able to grab your attention, to make you interested." She then left the kitchen and ran into the bathroom where she let out all her tears of furstration.

"I'm sorry." Kris whispered.

"I'll let go you; if that's what you want." 

Kris hesitated for a while before he shamefully nodded. At that slight nod, Nara's heart cracked a little more. 


There they stood, on the edge of breaking apart. Kris with his hands on his Louis Votton suitcase; and Nara trying to bore a hole through the floor. She knew this day would come eventually, but she didn't expect it to be so soon. 

They were no longer the cheesy couple anymore. Instead, there were two soon-to-become strangers standing in there place. Kris's face full of guilt and Nara's face blank of any emotions. Kris was guilty. He had gotten two women pregnant. He knew that her should stay with Nara and let go of Tiffany. He had better times with Nara then he did with Tiffany. But, his heart told him to let go; to look after Tiffany.

Then, Nara stealthily made her way over and gave him the lighest peck on cheek.

"Go, I know you want to" Nara started. "Go and start a new life with Tiffany. 

"What about the baby?"

"It's fine." She rubbed her belly. "Little marshmello will be perfectly fine. I'll make sure to raise him up the best I can."

He chuckled at the nickname she had given the life inside of her before he looked up and stared. He knew Nara was kind- hearted and would do anything when it comes to making him happy. However, he didn't expect her to abandon her not only her own happiness but the happiness of her child too. 

"I know your girlfriend is pregnant. And I know you will cherish the child. You can't leave a life that hasn't even been born and you can't leave poor Tiffany alone. It will be too hard for her. She stops breathe before continuing. "I love you. I really, really do Kris. But I know you won't be able to return it. Anymore."

"Love isn't about being posessive, it's about the happiness." It takes quite a while before Nara stops shaking and keeps going. "So, I'm going to let you go. Never let her go because she brings joy to your eyes, it shows how she can make you happy."

"But.." Kris begins but is interrupted by Nara.

"I told you, I'm perfectly fine Kris." No I'm not 

"Are you sure?"

"Yes" No

Kris didn't even need to scan her face for any give aways. He knew she was lying. He could hear her desprate cries at night and see her red, baggy eyes in the moring. He knew how much she was sacraficing because of him, but he didn't love her anymore. Kris just stood there. Then, he complied to Nara and started dragging his case until he had arrived at the door. He looked at her for the last time, and bend down, gently kissing her cheecks. 

"I guess this means goodbye."

Nara didn't reply

"Goodbye" he repeated again. 

Then, all Nara heard was light footsteps and an eventual small bang of the door. It's over. 

As soon as the doors closed, Nara let everything out. her tears staining her precious forever 21 dress. It was her most treasured dress, the one Kris had given her when he asked her out. All the sweet times, harsh times, painful times and the intime times were finally over. Her tears kept on flowing like a river as she recalls all those memories. She should be gald, grateful that she didn;t have to deal with Kris anymore, but her heart felt empty. Too empty for her liking. 

Why was fate so cruel? Why did she have to be the victim? Endless amounts of questions invaded her mind.

After voilently crying for an hour, she stared down at her baby bump. It gace her courage. She deicded that if Kris was meant to be with her, he would eventually comeback; and if he wasn't then, he wasn't. Nara came to realize that some things were onyl meant to stay in your heart and not your life. Then, she walked to the bathroom and began cleaning herself up. She was going to be a strong umma for baby marshmello.

 


Authornim is sorry for the late update. *bows*. 
I hope you have enjoyed this update. Originally, I was planning on releaseing it when l recieve the poster, but it wsa taking so long that i just decided to post this. 
Thank you for hopefully subscribing and upvoting~

Saranghaeyo~