Here's My Heart

Here's My Heart

It was completely silent apart from the sound of clicking as Kyuhyun killed little monsters on his computer which omitted the only light in his room.
It was 11:50PM when he heard the door open and shut.
“Oh, you’re awake.”
Kyuhyun grunted at Ryeowook as he entered their room and turned the light on without taking his eyes away from his laptop, hoping that if he didn't look at his hyung, his heart wouldn't start racing and his thoughts wouldn't start jumbling.
Ryeowook paused at the door watching the maknae before sighing and disappearing from Kyuhyun’s line of vision. “Have you actually moved from there since I left?”
“Yeah,” Kyuhyun answered clicking away on the mouse. He heard another loud sigh and moments later his laptop was closed in front of him. “Yah!!” he exclaimed.
“You’re always playing that game! Give it a break,” Ryeowook said taking his hand away from the laptop. “You’re always “busy” and you never talk to me! Everyone’s gone to sleep and there’s no one to talk to.”
Kyuhyun frowned as he felt his heartbeat start to increase. “Then go to sleep! It’s not my fault,” he exclaimed. “Why do I have to-?”
A loud bang from the other side of the wall interrupted him.
“Would you keep it down?” called an unhappy Super Junior member.
Kyuhyun gestured at the wall. “Heechul-ssi is awake, go talk to him.”
Ryeowook crossed his arms as Kyuhyun turned back to his desk and opened up his laptop again.
Sweet! Kyuhyun thought seeing his game had saved. He had just clicked continue when he felt a small pair of hands on his shoulders, pressing lightly and releasing the tension.
“I know it’s hard for you, since you’re the youngest and you only joined a few months ago,” Ryeowook said in a soothing voice as he massaged Kyuhyun’s shoulders. “But if you are having trouble or if your mind is…cluttered then it’s not good to just keep it in and let it out by playing computer games. If you need to, you can talk to me.”
Kyuhyun hit pause and turned in his seat, closing his laptop. “Thank you,” he said not sure about whether he was about to make a good decision in acknowledging his hyung. “So if I need you for something…you’ll help me?”
Ryeowook nodded. “Yes, I’ll do what I can.”
Kyuhyun nodded before lifting his t-shirt over his head and throwing it at his bed.
“What are you doing?” Ryeowook asked with wide eyes as he tried not to look at Kyuhyun’s body.
“Massage…please?” Kyuhyun reached over his shoulder. “I have knots in my back and it hurts.” He slowly began to wonder if Ryeowook could hear his heartbeat as well as he could.
Letting out a deep breath, Ryeowook nodded. “Lie down on your stomach.”
Kyuhyun smiled and flopped onto his bed, resting his chin on his arms. A giggle escaped him as Ryeowook began massaging the muscles. “What did you think I was going to ask you to do?” he smirked and Ryeowook blushed.
“Nothing…I…nothing.” Ryeowook looked away, embarrassed.
Kyuhyun made a moan of pleasure. “Ah…I really need this,” he sighed happily as he glanced at his pink-faced hyung working on the knots in his back. “Hey.”
Ryeowook made no sign that he had heard so Kyuhyun poked his leg.
“Hey, Wookie-hyung.”
Ryeowook hesitantly looked at his dongsaeng. “Yeah?”
Kyuhyun laughed. “You look so cute when you’re embarrassed.”
“I…I-I’m not!” Ryeowook insisted, though his face turned a darker pink.
“You’re blushing,” Kyuhyun said poking at his hyung’s leg again.
Ryeowook put his hands on his cheeks. “So what if I am?” he pouted. “It’s hot in here.”
Kyuhyun turned and sat up abruptly, surprising Ryeowook who let out a cry as he lost his balance and fell off the bed.
“Hyung! Are you okay?” Kyuhyun sprung off the bed.
Ryeowook groaned, his eyes squeezed shut as he touched the back of his head.
“You bumped your head? I’ll go get some ice,” Kyuhyun said getting up but Ryeowook grabbed hold of his ankle.
“No, it’s okay, it doesn’t need ice,” Ryeowook said sitting up. “It’ll be fine in a moment.”
Kyuhyun regarded his hyung with concern. “Are you sure?” he asked and Ryeowook nodded.
Taking hold of Ryeowook’s hand, the maknae helped him back onto the bed. “Thank you for the massage.”
“Oh, I wasn’t finished,” Ryeowook interjected.
“It’s okay, you don’t have to,” Kyuhyun said trying to see the back of Ryeowook’s head to make sure there was no lump forming.
“No, I want to,” Ryeowook assured Kyuhyun as he resumed massaging his muscles.
Kyuhyun lay still, enjoying every moment and sensation while Ryeowook chatted away cheerfully to him. Even the sound of his voice was soothing and helped to clear the maknae’s mind.
“Hyung?”
“Mm?”
“Can I ask you a personal question?” Kyuhyun waited while Ryeowook thought about it.
“Mm,” Ryeowook nodded. “Sure.”
“Is there anyone…do you…have you got someone that you like?”
Ryeowook looked surprised and paused for a moment. “Uuh…I…guess…I mean…yeah,” he answered uncertainly. “Why do you ask?”
Kyuhyun turned his head to look away from his hyung. “I just…I was curious,” he answered in a hushed tone. “The…who is it?”
When Ryeowook did not respond Kyuhyun glanced back at him. “Hyung?”
“What-what about you?” Ryeowook asked, failing to reply to the maknae. “Have you…? You have someone you like?”
Kyuhyun’s eyes widened. “I…no…well…yes,” he said hesitantly. “Maybe...”
Ryeowook’s hands rested on Kyuhyun’s back and an awkward silence crept into the room, the only sounds being their breathing.
“Who is it?” Ryeowook murmured, finally breaking the silence.
So, this was how it was going to be; the shy, uncertain Eternal Maknae turning each of his dongsaeng’s questions around before he would reveal his own answers to each query.
Kyuhyun took a deep breath. “A friend…a good friend that is always there for me, even though sometimes I probably get on h- …this person’s nerves. A friend that is beautiful and kind and a friend that I never want to lose.” Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook. “And if he doesn’t accept my feelings…I would want him to still be my friend and treat me as he normally would because if I lost him…I don’t know what I’d do.”
Ryeowook’s hands began to slowly continue massaging. “I’m sure your friend feels the same way,” he said. “I know that person will and I hope that you both will be happy together.”
Kyuhyun propped himself up on his elbows, unable to help noticing the upset look on Ryeowook’s face. “Hyung…I meant you,” he said, unsure that Ryeowook had picked up on this. “I…I love you.”
After what felt like hours of nothing, Kyuhyun began to feel concerned. “Hyung, say something,” he pleaded, worrying that Ryeowook maybe hated him. “Please, say something.”
The two maknae’s eyes met as Ryeowook lifted his head and Kyuhyun sat up. The Eternal Maknae said nothing but instead put his hand on his dongsaeng’s shoulder and pulled him into an embrace.
Realising he had been holding his breath, Kyuhyun let it out and wrapped his arms around his hyung.
“Is this good or bad?” Kyuhyun asked, suddenly uncertain as to whether the hug was from pity or acceptance.
Ryeowook’s body shook as he laughed quietly. “This is good,” he whispered, his lips brushing against Kyuhyun’s neck.
The skin where Ryeowook’s lips had touched Kyuhyun’s neck tingled and the maknae couldn’t help but want more contact. He gently kissed his hyung’s neck just below his ear. “Do you love me, hyung?” he whispered into Ryeowook’s ear.
Ryeowook pulled away, nodding slowly. “Yes,” he said in a hushed voice. “I love you.”
A flood of happiness engulfed Kyuhyun. He felt like he would explode trying to contain it as his heart beat increased. He began to laugh earning a confused and worried look from Ryeowook.
Ryeowook sighed. “You were just joking, weren’t you?” Ryeowook asked, though it was more like a statement.
Kyuhyun shook his head, his stomach beginning to hurt from the laughter that he was trying to control. “No, no,” he quickly assured his hyung. “It’s just…I’m so happy and relieved. For a moment there…I wasn’t sure what you were thinking.”
“Oh…sorry,” Ryeowook giggled. “I’m not sure I knew what I was thinking eith…what-what are you doing?”
Kyuhyun lifted his hand and touched the side of his hyung face, leaning forward slightly. When Ryeowook, did not move away, Kyuhyun closed the gap between them feeling his hyung’s lips against his for the first time.

The End

 

There it is! Let me know what you think and check out my other stories if you like it ^.~