{2/2}

Creep

Note: I read your comments and again, if you don't want to spoil the fluff on the first part, don't read this :P

 

Jimin stared at his sneakers as he continues fidgeting. You know what, its okay. I’m just going to go home. This isn’t going to work.

 

Jimin was about to go back home when Yoongi approached him. “Yah yah. I knew you’re going to go off. You promised remember?” Yoongi said, pointing at him. Jimin avert his eyes from Yoongi.

 

“Since you’re here now, you’re forgiven,” Yoongi said, smiling. Yoongi replied in the book that he was only going to forgive Jimin if he spends the Saturday with him. They don’t have to eat together and Jimin can avoid talking if he wants to. Yoongi just want to spend some time with him. 

 

They went to really simple places like the arcade and walking through the street full of stores selling cheap things like toys, bags and books. Jimin didn’t take off his hoodie or his mask throughout the day. He didn’t even talk and just responded to Yoongi when necessary with a nod or a shake of the head. He smiles wide till it reaches his eyes at times and that was enough for Yoongi.

 

It was nearly evening and both of them were surely getting hungry. “Are you sure you don’t want anything to eat? Street food maybe?” Yoongi asked.

 

Jimin shook his head a little.

 

“Hm.. Then we’ll buy something so that you can eat when you get back to the hostel?” Jimin thought for awhile and nodded in agreement.

 

Yoongi insisted on sending Jimin right to his door even though his room is 2 levels below Jimin’s.

 

“Thank you for today Jiminie. I really enjoyed my time with you. I hope you did…too?” Yoongi said smiling.

 

Jimin smiled under his mask and nodded, looking at the floor. Yoongi smiled wider, satisfied with the response.

 

“I’ll see you around. Goodnight~” Yoongi said and waved at the boy before walking to the elevator.

 

 ----

Yoongi still didn’t see Jimin during breaks but they continued chatting through the book. Jimin was scared that Yoongi might grow tired of him since all they did was talk through the book.

 

“You should talk to him. Like you know, go to the cafeteria during breaks and maybe you’ll see him? He seems nice,” Taehyung suggested.

 

“I can’t Tae. You know what people will say if they see him with me. You know what people will do to him,” Jimin said.

 

“You do know he’s quite popular right? Who would want to shove a special person like him away?” Jimin pouted and played with his fingers on the bed. Maybe Taehyung is right.

 

 ----

Yoongi was at his locker when one of his close friends rushed to his side with a panic expression. “Tell me it isn’t true.”

 

“What is?” Yoongi asked blurly.

 

“Okay calm down Hyunsoo. Calm down. It might be wrong,” his friend said to himself and tried to breathe properly. He then looked up again at Yoongi who was looking at him weirdly.

 

“You’re not going out- no – you’re not friends with a boy named Jimin are you?” Hyunsoo asked; his expression worried.

 

“Jimin? He’s younger than us right?”

 

“Yes. The one that wears a black mask and a big grey hoodie everytime.”

 

“Yeah I am. Why?” Yoongi smiled.

 

“Nooooooo!!! No no no!!” Hyunsoo shook his head frantically. Yoongi frowned and shut his locker.

 

“Are his parents thugs or something?”

 

“Worse okay. People say he got this disease that’s incurable and it spreads to whoever that’s near him for long. You wanna know why he wears that mask? Coz under that mask, you can see his real face. It super scary and creepy and gross –ugh- that you’ll get nightmares if you see it,” Hyunsoo said disgustedly.

 

“Have you seen his face?” Yoongi asked.

 

“No but people-“

 

“People say this, people say that,” Yoongi sighs in frustration. “You know those people who spread rumors like these that should get diseases like that. No wonder he’s scared to even eat at the cafeteria.”

 

“I’ve hung out with him one whole day Hyunsoo. Do you see me getting infected of any kind of disease? I bet whoever that started this just have hatred towards Jimin. Come on bro. Don’t believe like this,” Yoongi added.

 

“Yoongi you have to trust me. The disease spreads slowly. I really don’t want you to get it. Please,” Hyunsoo begged.

 

Yoongi shook his head. “I thought you were better than this. Whatever. I’m going to class.”

 

He walked off, ignoring his friend’s constant calling of his name.

 

 ----

Despite what Yoongi said, Hyunsoo tried again and again to convince him. It only made Yoongi even angrier by the day. But Hyunsoo cares too much for his friend to stop.

 ----

The hallway was busy and filled with students when the bell rang. All the students rushed out, going to either breaks or their next class. As usual, Jimin got out of the class last, tugging down one last time at his hoodie and lifted his mask slightly upwards to cover a little bit more portion of his nose. He got his bag and clutched onto the straps before walking out of the classroom.

 

He was looking down and almost collided onto someone walking into the classroom by the back door. Jimin bowed quickly as a sign of apology and wanted to rush out when he heard his name.

 

“Jimin-ah, it’s me,” Yoongi said with a smile, happy that he got to see the boy again.

 

Jimin turned at the oh-so-familiar voice and saw Yoongi smiling at him.

 

“Where are you going?” Yoongi asked. Jimin pointed upwards, indicating the level above. He could feel all the eyes on him as Yoongi talked to him. All he could do was remember what Taehyung told him.

 

Suddenly out of nowhere, he was being pushed roughly from the side till he fell on his and his hoodie got off. The guy pulled his mask without warning and stood quickly beside Yoongi. Almost everyone in the hallway stopped and stared at the scene.

 

“You! Stop being around my friend, you freak! Go away! We don’t want you here! Go!” Hyunsoo shouted, pointing judgingly at him.

 

While Jimin was in panic and fear to cover his face and putting his hoodie back on, Hyunsoo added, “Look Yoongi! I told you! Look at his face!”

 

One side of Jimin’s face had like big and small circles that looked like acnes, close together and some of his skin was peeling off. Jimin’s tears welled up in his eyes and he put his hoodie back on and grabbed the mask that Hyunsoo had thrown to the side, before running away from the crowd.

 

 

 ----

“Those bastards. Can’t they leave people alone for once?? Aargh!!!!” Taehyung shouted, pulling his hair.

 

Jimin was curled up on his bed, crying his eyes out eversince he got back. It took him quite a while to sob out what had happened to Taehyung. His friend went from gentle and comforting to fury and cussing.

 

“Then what did Yoongi hyung do?” he asked.

 

“He just… stared,” Jimin cried. Taehyung clenched his fists, breathing hard. The same. They are all the same.

 

 ----

Jimin went to school as per normal the next day; avoiding eye contact and walking with his head down was normal for him. What was not normal was the book. Jimin didn’t check. But even if he did, there’s nothing.

 

It was a week after the incident that there was a knock at their door. It was nighttime and both of them were doing their own assignments. Taehyung got up and went to the door.

 

He closed the door slightly behind him, not letting the person standing outside see whatever or whomever that’s inside.

 

“What do you want,” Taehyung said in a serious voice, staring at the person infront of him.

 

“Is Jimin inside?” Yoongi asked timidly.

 

“Why? So you can stare at him like he’s some kind of exhibition?” his voice raised slightly.

Yoongi looked away, biting his lower lip slightly.

 

“Just leave him alone hyung. You’ve done enough. I don’t want him to get hurt even more,” Taehyung said.

 

“Please Taehyung. Just let me see him just once. To clear things up,” Yoongi said.

 

Taehyung scoffed. “Clear things up? Because you don’t want to be reminded as a bad person right? You don’t want him to classify you ‘just the same as others’ right?”

 

Taehyung was half expecting him to say no. To deny. But instead he kept quiet and avert his eyes from him.

 

Taehyung’s mouth opened slightly in disbelief. “Wow. I really thought you were a nice person. I really thought that there’s another human being that can make Jiminie happy. I was so wrong.”

 

“Just go away. Even if he thought of you as a bad person, there’s still a whole college to think so highly of you.” Taehyung was about to shut the door when Yoongi stopped him.

 

“I’m not a bad person. I’m just.. scared. I mean rumors are always false but sometimes they are true right?” he said. That threw Taehyung off the patience meter.

 

“He’s not sick you er!” Taehyung pushed Yoongi roughly and he fell to the ground. “I’ve been living with him for 10 years! If you’re going to use that lame excuse of ‘I’m scared’ you can go dig a hole and bury yourself! Now off!”

 

Taehyung slammed the door shut and saw Jimin staring at him. Jimin’s lips slowly curled up into a smile.

 

“Thanks Tae.”