{1/2}

Creep

Jimin peeked from behind the lockers, looking at him choosing his books in the locker. The hallway was empty; classes had started. Jimin looked from his short bangs, to his button nose and down to his lips. He’s perfection to Jimin. Fair-skinned, gummy smile, husky voice. Suddenly the said guy senses someone staring at him and he glanced at Jimin’s direction. Jimin quickly hid behind the lockers. He’s never prepared if Yoongi decided to check who it was. But he never did. Jimin would turn back to the lockers and see Yoongi already walking away, far from him. 

Jimin sat way at the back of the classroom. He wears his big grey hoodie even in class- along with his black cloth mouth mask. He would peek through his long bangs to see what the teacher is teaching and would never speak up even if he doesn’t understand.  

One Friday he accidentally fell asleep in the last lesson for the day and its not surprising that no one woke him up. He woke up abruptly when someone knocked on his table. He squinted through his bangs and saw someone standing in front of him. 

"Hey, its 5pm. Aren’t you going home?" the guy asked. Jimin’s eyes suddenly widen and he looked away quickly to hide his face from being seen. Yoongi was taken aback by his actions and tilted his head slightly to look at the boy. 

"Sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. Erm.. I forgot to take home my book. It’s under your- well, our table," Yoongi said, pointing to the space below Jimin’s table. 

Jimin looked under the table and he took the black book with some white drawings on the cover. He handed it to Yoongi, looking down at his table. 

Yoongi smiled even though the boy wasn’t looking at him. “Thanks.” 

Before he went off, Yoongi spoke. “You know, I didn’t know someone else will sit at this table since there’s only two classes that take place here. Coz everyone said this seat carries bad luck. I don’t believe it though. Still got some As’ sitting on this seat,” he chuckles. 

"I guess you don’t believe it too right?" Yoongi said, trying to make a conversation. But the boy didn’t respond at all. His smile fades slightly looking at the boy staring down at the table. 

"I should go now. You should go home too. It’s Friday. There’s barely anyone in school anymore." Yoongi bid his goodbye and went off. Jimin looked up slowly and he could feel his face getting hot.  

"Even with your mask on I can totally see your huge grin Jiminie," Taehyung said as Jimin closed the door behind him. "Something good happened?" 

Jimin just grinned wider and ran into the toilet, leaving his roommate clueless in the middle of the room.  

Yoongi’s words were still clear and ringing in his mind when he tried to sleep that night.  Min Yoongi talked to me today. Me. He talked to me! Taehyung was too deep into his sleep to wake up to Jimin covering his face, giggling to himself.

The following Monday, Jimin found his table different. It’s quite small but obvious to someone who had been always sitting there. It was a tiny scribbling of the word hello on the far corner of the table. Is it for me? Is it him?

Jimin didn’t want to get his hopes high but he scribbled at the side of the hello a simple hi. He kept telling himself that it’s not for him and that anyone that wrote it must be simply bored and just vandalizing for the sake of it.

But Jimin knows definitely that it’s for him when he got another reply the next day. Finally you replied me. I thought I was going to be talking alone again :P

Jimin grinned at those words and ran his finger over the words on the table. He spent the whole 2 hours of math lesson just staring at the words and thinking of what to reply.

Yoongi had never looked forward for History. Not before he started a conversation with the boy through their table. He smiled when he sees new words on the table even before reading it. I don’t really know how to talk to people. Yoongi managed to scribble a you’re doing fine now talking to me :) I’m Yoongi^^ before the teacher walks in and starts the class.

—— 

Jimin literally ran back to his room with the book in his hand and plopped down heavily on his bed. Taehyung was still in class so he was alone. He bit his lower lip slightly, staring at the small black book on his hand. The designs on the cover looked like Yoongi had did it himself with liquid paper which makes Jimin smile wider.

Jimin came to his table that morning to a look under the table and found a small book hidden in between the top of the table and the black steel rod that connects the four legs. It took him quite awhile since the proper space where they put their books was empty.

He opened the book and read the quite long paragraph of words that’s with Yoongi’s handwriting.

The table is getting full Jimin-ah xD And my friends kept asking what I was writing and I don’t really want anyone else to see even though no one really sits here. I’ve never seen you around actually. I know I’m 2 years your senior but shouldn’t I at least see you during breaks? Anyway I took a photo of our ‘table conversation’. I’m going to erase all of it tomorrow so er.. if you want to keep it.. like for memories sake.. then take a picture! Kekeke^^

“I should have read this just now!” Jimin hit his head lightly. His eyebrows furrowed as he thought of a way to take a picture before tomorrow.

 

Jimin went to the classroom again on the same day late afternoon and quickly took a photo of their long conversations. He didn’t want anyone to see; not that anyone would dare to approach him. Jimin jumped slightly when a voice spoke from behind.

“Finally I get to see you again,” Yoongi said. Jimin spun around to see Yoongi behind him and quickly turn to run away but Yoongi grab his right hand over the sleeve of his hoodie.

“Wait! Don’t run away. Please?” Yoongi said, his voice gentler.

Jimin held his other hand over his mouth mask and kept tugging his hoodie down even though he’s facing away from Yoongi. Seeing that Jimin didn’t struggle from his grip, he took it as a positive response.

“Have you eaten?” Yoongi asked. Jimin shook his head.

“Shall we eat together? My treat,” Yoongi said. Jimin almost wanted to nod when he realized that he has to take off his mask. He shook his head frantically and pulled his hand away from Yoongi’s grip.

“Wait don’t-“ Jimin took off as fast as he can before Yoongi could stop him. “..go.”

Yoongi sighed and thought to himself if he had offended Jimin in any way. He just hopes that he’ll see the notebook again tomorrow.

 —— 

Jimin was sitting cross-legged, looking at the opened notebook and fiddling with his fingers when Taehyung came back.

“You okay?” he asked.

“He.. wanted to treat me today,” Jimin said.

“He? That hyung???” Taehyung’s eyes widen and he sat infront of Jimin. “How did it go?”

“I ran.. away,” Jimin said, pouting. Taehyung puffed out his cheeks a little with a pout. “So you didn’t go?”

Jimin shook his head. The corners of his lips turned up slightly. “He held my hand today though.”

Jimin looked up and stretched his arm out to Taehyung, showing the part where Yoongi held. He giggled and Taehyung giggled along with him, happy enough for his roommate and bestfriend.

“He’s so manly,” Jimin said in awe and covered his face. “You should hear him shout just now.”

Taehyung giggled and poked at Jimin’s sides, teasing him.

 —— 

Yoongi sighed in relief when he saw the notebook the next day.

Sorry about yesterday. I just don’t eat with other people. Thank you for offering hyung. You must think I’m really weird now right?

“You’re not..” Yoongi said softly to himself.