Art Museum

Art Museum

“You received another love letter?” Bomi said as she made her way to Chorong’s desk. Chorong nodded as she quickly folded the back the letter in to the envelope.

“Who is it from this time?” Bomi questions her friend.

“A guy from the next class.  His name is Lee Ha Neul.”

“Wow! Ha Neul as in the sky? What a cool name he has.” Bomi mocked Chorong.

It wasn’t a surprise to Bomi anymore. Chorong have always been getting love letters from the male students in school.  Chorong is not only pretty, but she is also very smart due to her hardworking nature. Contrary to her beautiful appearance, Chorong is also very clumsy.  Bomi, who has been her classmate for 4 years now, has gotten used to all of Chorong’s clumsy antics.

“What kind of excuses are you going to come up with this time? Final year exam?” Bomi questioned her friend as she packs her bag. Only silence filled up the empty classroom as the other students are already their way home.

“I’m going to tell him face to face since I kind of know him.” Chorong replied as both of them now walked towards the school’s front gate, making their way home on foot.

“Oh, I see.”  Bomi turns her head slightly to face her friend. Somehow she is happy for Chorong for being popular among the other students but at the same time, she is also sad as Chorong have to always deal with this kind of situations. Knowing that Chorong is shy, Bomi knows it’s not easy for Chorong to reject the boys personally.

Just as she was deep into her thinking, Bomi’s eyesight spots a few pebbles on the pavement. Oblivious to her surroundings as her eyes were glued to her hand phone screen, Chorong stepped on the pebbles and began to lose her balance. Bomi managed to grab onto Chorong’s arms and pulled her back slightly in time, refraining Chorong from falling to the ground.

“Thanks Bbom ah.” Chorong brushed off the dust off her skirt as she regains back her balance.

“Can you please be more careful? Why didn’t you pay attention at where you are going?” Bomi nagged at Chorong who seems very distracted ever since they left school.

“You know me right, Bbom? I’m very clumsy. I can’t help it. It’s like part of my nature. Bomi snickered at Chorong’s remark.

“You can try to avoid it, you know. By the way who are you texting that you are willing to risk your life to?” Bomi raises her eyebrow.

“That Lee Ha Neul dude. He gave me his number in the letter. I’m thinking to text him or not.” Chorong replied.

“Why didn’t you just discuss it with me?

“I didn’t want to bother you. You already seem stress with all the school work, you know since this is our final year.”

“Why would you be bothering me? I’m your best friend for a reason. I’m more than glad to help you Chorong ah.”

Chorong face automatically flashed a smile. A warm smile that Bomi couldn’t resist.

“As expected. I can only count on you.”

“Of course.” Bomi replied.  Plus, I love you too.

“Just text him and politely tell him that you’re not interested.” Bomi added.

“Alright. I can do that. I think.” Chorong’s voice trailed.

“Remember, politely.” Chorong nodded her head slightly as she bid farewell to Bomi.

“Thank you Bbomi. I’ll see you again at school tomorrow! Rest well gorilla!” Chorong waved her hand excitedly.

“Yah! Stop calling me gorilla!”

Later that night.

To: Ha Neul

Hi. This is Chorong. I saw your letter and I have something to tell you tomorrow. I will meet you at the bookshop during break time.

“I think that will do it. Short and sweet.” Chorong said to herself as she pressed the send button and prepares herself to go to sleep.

Ha Neul’s phone vibrated and he quickly went over to his phone. After he read the message, he was over the moon.

“OMG, OMG. PARK CHORONG JUST TEXTED ME. SHE HAS SOMETHING TO TELL ME. IM SURE SHE WANTS TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND.” Ha Neul thought to himself. He tried his best to get some rest before meeting Chorong tomorrow.

The next day

Ha Neul went around showing his friends about the message that Chorong sent him.

“Yah, I think I got myself a girl. Do you guys want to join me and experience this joyous occasion?” Ha Neul adjusted his hair in the toilet.

“I don’t think you should be too happy yet Ha Neul. You might never know her response yet. You guys barely know each other. What makes you so sure she’s going to accept you?” Min Woo, Ha Neul’s friend asked.

“This is Lee Ha Neul you’re talking about. There is no way she’s going to reject me.”

Ha Neul and his group from friends then make their way to the promised place. A few minutes later, Chorong could be seen making her way together with Bomi, Eunji, Naeun, Namjoo and Hayoung. The six of them were all class mate for the first two years, but they have to be separated from year 3 onwards because of the different subject taken. Even though they have been separated, the six of them would always have lunch together during their break time.

“Are you okay by going alone?” Bomi asked, looking concerned as she notices Ha Neul’s group of friends gather around.

“Yes. I’ll be just fine Bomi, don’t worry too much.”

“Alright. We will be here waiting for you.” Bomi patted Chorong’s back and carved out a smile.

Chorong took a deep breath before taking several steps forward, meeting a group of male students.

“Wow, look who we have here.” Ha Neul started the conversation. He then added, “What is it that you want to talk to me about dear? I knew it right from the start; you were going to be my girl.” Ha Neul’s group of friends were now jeering at Ha Neul’s cheesy comments.

Feeling that he has conquered the world, Ha Neul continued talking. “From now on, you can call me oppa and I’ll-”

“I’m sorry but I have to reject you. I have nothing against you. It’s just that our final year exam is just around the corner and I have to concentrate on my studies.” Chorong cuts in.

“What?! What did you just said? You take that back now!” Ha Neul loud voice attracted the other student attention.

“You heard me. I’m not going to repeat myself.” Chorong faced her back towards Ha Neul as she makes her way back to her group.

“YOU THINK YOU’RE THE ONLY GIRL IN THIS SCHOOL? YOU THINK I’M ONLY INTERESTED IN YOU?” Ha Neul shouted; loud enough for Chorong’s group who were standing not far away to hear. Chorong could hear Ha Neul’s friends’ laughter as they continued to tease Ha Neul who was so full of himself.

Feeling a little intimidated by Ha Neul, Chorong group quickly surrounds Chorong as they made way to the centre of the canteen.

“She’s going to regret this. I’m so taking a revenge on her.” Ha Neul murmur under his breath.

The following day

A letter falls right before Chorong’s eyes as she open her locker. Not another letter, please. Chorong picks up the letter and hastily open it. She was shocked as the whole letter was only filled with red ink that says, “You’ve mess with the wrong person.” She quickly shoved the letter in between her books and made her way back to class.

The six girls met again in the canteen for their break time. Looking at how Chorong is unusually quiet, Namjoo couldn’t help but to open and ask, “Are you okay Chorong?” while lightly tapping her shoulders.

Chorong who seems to be in a dazed, snaps back into reality. “Y-yes I am.” Chorong stuttered.

Hayoung then glared at her for making it so obvious that she wasn’t okay.

“Okay, maybe I’m not fine. His threats are beginning to annoy me” Chorong slams the letter she received earlier on the table.  The other five crowd around the letter. Eunji took the letter and open it up.

“That’s so gay.”

“Why is he threatening our Chorong?”

“He calls himself a guy?”

“What a low life.”

All sorts of comments are being thrown in. Chorong places her fingers on her temple, obviously stress about the situation she was in. Bomi who was sitting beside Chorong, place her hand over Chorong’s shoulder and brought her in to a hug and patted her on the back, comforting her.

“What are you going to do about him now?” Naeun asked as she gave her a reassuring touch on the hand.

“I don’t know. I’m at a loss. He texted me these threats last night as well.” Chorong replied.

“It’s okay. You rejected him politely. You’re not at fault. It’s his fault for thinking you’re going to accept him. He has no rights to threaten you.” Bomi stood up from her seat and the rest followed suit.

“Yeah Bomi is right. Let’s not talk about him. I’m hungry, man! Let’s go queue for food!” Hayoung squealed with delight.

Chorong giggle at her friends antics. She knows that she can trust her friends. They are always supportive of her.

As they were queuing for food, Chorong suddenly needed to use the bathroom. She excused herself.

“Do you need me to accompany you Rong?” Bomi asked before Chorong.

“I’m fine! I can at least go to the toilet myself you know.” Chorong gave a chuckle.

The canteen’s toilet was a little far from the canteen itself, for obvious reasons, so it took Chorong a little while to reach her destination. The toilets here are usually quiet as its situated quiet far away from canteen and the classrooms. She quickly does her business and washed her hands before leaving the toilet.

Right as she steps off the toilet, she was shocked as she saw Ha Neul standing the toilet’s corridor. Chorong moved backwards each time Ha Neul approached her. Ha Neul eyes were fierce as he stares intensely at Chorong. Chorong, who senses that danger was approaching, thought of screaming for help but she calms down and thought of calmly resolving the misunderstanding.

“Ha Neul ah, we can resolve this peacefully s-”

“You’ve embarrassed me in front of my friends, so it’s time for you to receive your punishment.” He took a leap forward and grabbed Chorong by her wrist and slammed Chorong against the wall. He pinned her down and now their faces were just inches away from each other. Chorong bared her teeth in a grimace.

“If we were lovers, I could have just plant a kiss on your lips right now, but sadly we are not.” Ha Neul says.

Chorong only managed to let out a snicker, disgusted at what she’s hearing.

His hold on Chorong’s wrist tightens. Chorong winced slightly.

“Let me go!” Chorong managed to say as the pain intensify. Suddenly, loud chatters from a group of students could be heard. It turns out that a class has just finished their Physical Education lessons and are now heading to the toilet to wash up.

“I will be back. I’m still not am done with you.” Ha Neul quickly left after that.

Still shocked at what had happened, Chorong quickly get a grip and snapped out of her daze. She made her way back to her friends and sat down beside them.

“I bought you sandwich since you didn’t tell me what you wanted before you left.” Bomi passes the bread to Chorong.

“Thank you Bbomi. I’m just fine with sandwich.”

The group then proceeded to have their meal and spend the rest of the break just chatting amongst each other. The bell then rang, indicated the end of their break. Eunji, Naeun, Namjoo and Hayoung went separate ways from Chorong and Bomi, back to their respective class.

“You seem distracted ever since you come back from the toilet. What happen? That time of the month again?” Bomi questioned.

“I’ll tell you after class okay?”

Bomi nodded and they went to their separate seats, preparing for the next class.

~

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG goes the school bell, indicating the end of school.

Chorong and Bomi made their way out of the school, the same routine they do every day.

“So, tell me what happen just now Rong?”

Chorong let out a sigh and began to tell Bomi everything that happens. After digesting Chorong’s story, Bomi stop dead in her track, taken aback at the situation.

"Why didn't you report him?!" Bomi burst out, angry at the fact that Chorong just let Ha Neul off without reporting him.

"It’s okay, I'm not seriously hurt. If I were to report to a teacher, I would have to explain the whole situation. It will be embarrassing for me.”

"So you rather have let him hurt your pride just like that?"

"He didn't do anything, Bbomi. Don't worry too much. I'm fine."

"What if he attacks you again? This time more severely?" Bomi turned around to face Chorong and voluntary push her hair back into place. "He can't hurt our Chorong." Bomi added.

"You protect me then. You know taekwondo right?" Chorong beamed.

"But still.... He's a guy. I'm sure he's much stronger than me."

"That's true. Forget about that idea. I don't want you to get hurt as well."

"I have a brilliant plan as to how to solve this problem!" Bomi reaches her hand out to cup Chorong's face.

Chorong face blushed as she felt flustered at her friend's sudden skin ship.
 "W-what is it? T-tell me! T-tell me!"

"Are you singing Wonder girls' tell me? Why are you stuttering?"

"Stop making me laugh!" Chorong brushes Bomi's hand slightly off her face, trying to regain her composure.
Bomi who saw that Chorong blushed slightly screeched internally at how adorable she was.

So you like me too huh?

"It's easy! And he can't even do anything about it!"

"Really?" Chorong eyes sparkled.

"Just say you're not interested in boys. You prefer girls. Girls like.... Yoon Bomi!"

"Will it really work?" Chorong gave Bomi a rather confused look at the same time anticipating for the plan to happen.

"Of course! We need to make it look legit so that he would leave you alone for real!"

Both of them briefly discussed the plan over the phone later that night. Chorong thought that the plan was a little too much too handle but she views it positively. Bomi thinks that the plan will kill two birds with one stone, not only that she helped her friend, but she gets to confess her feelings as well.

Later that weekend

The six girls meet up at a public library in the afternoon to revise for their upcoming exams. All of them were sincerely revising. From time to time, Bomi would steal glances at Chorong.
Chorong seriously look more beautiful when she's concentrating and all. Bomi heart raced a little at the thought but quickly brushes it off as she goes back to revising. Since all of them were so concentrated in their work, little did they know it was already dark outside.

"Omo, look at the time. It's almost 8.30pm already! My mom told me to get home by 8.30pm!" Namjoo quickly gather her stuff and began packing her bag.

"Me too! Wait for me, we can take the bus together" Hayoung chirped in.
Within minutes, both Namjoo and Hayoung disappeared from everyone's sight.
The remaining four girls continued their work. Half an hour later, Naeun spoke up, telling the group she is tired and will be making her way back home. Eunji then followed Naeun as their houses were near each other.

"Will you guys be here till late?" Eunji asked.

"Twenty minutes or more. I still need to refer to some of the books here." Chorong replied.

"Alright, don't get home too late." Eunji said as both Eunji and Naeun bid their farewell.

"You look tired. You can go home first if you want to." Chorong said.

"It's okay. I can wait for you. I can't let my Chorong go home alone." Chorong smiled at Bomi's words.

Chorong then gets up from her seat and went straight for the shelves filled with reference books. She wonders around the aisle and slowly gets further away from Bomi, but she was still visible within Chorong's sight. Just then, like a ghost, a guy swiftly made his move towards Chorong, opposite from where Bomi is. Chorong only realize his existence after he clear his throat and scoffed.

It was Ha Neul.

How did he know I'm here?

"Hi, Chorong. It's me again. I still haven't forgotten my unfinished business with you."

Chorong unhesitatingly shout out for Bomi's name loud enough for her to hear, but didn't disrupt the peace in the library. Her mind was filled up with the plan, half expecting that it would work, the other half concerned at how she should do it in a public place. Bomi who heard Chorong's cry quickly sprang up from her seat and ran towards Chorong.
She pulled Chorong back, further away from Ha Neul. Chorong quickly nudged Bomi as she mouthed, "The plan. Quick, the plan!"

Bomi stared at Ha Neul intensely, burning with anger.

"Look, it wasn't her fault. Plus she's not interested in boys. She's interested in girls, girls like me." Bomi then quickly gave Chorong a quick peck on the lips before turning her head towards Ha Neul, anticipating for his reaction.

Ha Neul only managed to give a very confused look.

"I don't want to get you involve Bomi. So move along." Ha Neul said as he takes one step forward.

"Yah! Not a peck! I want you to kiss me." Chorong whispered to Bomi. Bomi look around the library, thankful that it wasn't as full since it's gotten later. She mustered up all her courage and grab Chorong by her waist, pulling Chorong closer to her. Their nose tips touches each other, their heart beat rose so much that they could actually hear each other heart beat since they were so close to each other. Both their lips crashed against each other. By the corner of her eye, Bomi could definitely see Ha Neul fleeing away as he mutters, "Crazy es!"

Bomi was about to end the kiss when suddenly she felt Chorong's hand making her way towards Bomi's neck. Chorong then deepens the kiss. Bomi responded immediately, letting the warm tingly spark filled her up. Chorong's mouth was warm, the caress of her lips were softer than Bomi could imagine. Bomi tasted tentatively with her tongue after which Chorong pull back to take in oxygen at the same time letting out a low moan.

"That's enough for today. I think we need to get out here fast before anyone spots us." Chorong turned her back, her face flushed from blushing so much.

Both of them walked back home from the library. Bomi casually grabbed Chorong hands and held her tightly, interlacing their fingers afterwards.

“I actually kind of like this plan Chorong ah. You may not know this, but I’ve a secret crush on you.”

“Can we not bring this matter up again? It’s kind of embarrassing,”

“But you don’t mind I hold your hand like this?” Bomi teases her friend.

“I’m just shy. You know I’m shy right?” Chorong says while looking down on the pavement, unable to meet Bomi’s eyes.

“Yeah, I know but you don’t seem shy deepening the kiss back then do you?”

“S-stop mocking me Yoon Bomi!” She uses her free hand to smack Bomi’s shoulder.

“Okay fine!” Bomi giggled.

“I also like you Bomi. You always took care of me. Being the klutz, having you by my side was really helpful.”

“I don’t like you. I love you. Want to be my girlfriend? Forget Lee Ha Neul.” 

“A-alright. We can go on dates after our exams.”

Bomi waved goodbye and gave Chorong another peck after sending her off.

~

To: Bomi

Babe~ I MISS YOU SO MUCH. Tomorrow is our last paper and I really want to visit the art museum. Can we go there please?

From: Bomi

Of course we can darling. I’ll see you tomorrow then ^^ I miss you too cutie pie!

They were now on the last piece of painting in the museum. Chorong stares into the painting, soaking in the beauty of the painting. Meanwhile, Bomi was happy that she managed to keep herself awake throughout the whole tour. Bomi wasn’t really a fan of all things artsy fartsy, but she’s willing to do it for the sake of Chorong. Whatever makes Chorong happy makes her happy as well.

“Bbom ah.” Bomi snap out of her daze upon hearing Chorong’s voice.

“Yes?”

“Are you enjoying this?”

“Of course. The art pieces here are all great!”

Chorong scoffed, totally knowing that Bomi lied.

“Take me to the art museum and make out with me.” Chorong said casually, in attempt to lift the mood.

“But they said not to touch the masterpieces.” Chorong cringes at Bomi’s cheesiness.

“You’re so cheesy, but I still love you.” Chorong says as they both shared a passionate kiss before leaving the museum.

A/n: Hi guys! Thanks for reading! I hope this was satisfying. I’m a really bad author so there is a lot of awkward sentencing here and there so forgive me for that. (Even though English is my first language, I am embarrassed ><) Sorry for the typical story line and also the awkward ending, I don’t know how to wrap it up nicely T.T

BTW, have you guys watched the latest episode of Apink’s showtime? MAN this episode had my feelings EVERYWHERE. TAEUN, HaNa and more~ Will probably write one for HaNa also if I have the time.

P.S. you guys can follow me @rongper on twitter as well >< 

Thanks once again for reading! Have a good day ahead! ^^