Bake a birthday cake

Seven Little Monkeys [drabble collection] [chapter: 2]

Jinnie, Yoongi, Namjoonie, Hobi, Vwee, Chimchim and Kookie are left at home by their nanny Cheska. Once their nany left the house, the seven boys tried to bake a birthday cake for her. And one by one they baked one and ruined their cakes.

 

“Jinnie, Yoongi, Namjoonie, Hobi, Vwee, Chimchim and Kookie!” Cheska called the seven boys, military style.

The seven boys made a beeline with their straight posture and tiger face.

I’m too pretty for this thing. Mario does not even do this, whined Jinnie in his head.

Why are we even practicing for this thing? I’m not gonna go to military anyway. I’m too swag for that, complained Yoongi silently.

If Kanye West can do this, so can I, thought Namjoonie.

I wonder what reward I will get from Cheska noona, pondered Hobi.

“Stomwach in…  –inhales–  stomwach out  –exhales–  … this is cwool!” giggled Vwee lightly.

I feel so tall… mumbled Chimchim to himself.

Look at my hyungs slouch while I stand the tallest among them, snorted Kookie mentally.

“For today boys, I’m leaving you here at home–”

The six boys except Kookie interrupted Cheska with their wailing. Cheska hushed them immediately and gave each one a lollipop. They all became quiet.

“Look,  –kneels on one knee in front of the boys–  I have to go to the bank to get my paycheck and run to the grocery store for our food supplies. Besides, it’s Saturday. You can play the Wii, the Xbox, the DS, the iPads and the two computers. Or you can play at the backyard playground. Just don’t fight, get injured or burn the house, okay? I’ll be back, I promise.  –raises her hand–” she explained with her calming voice.

“But what if a stranger enters our home? What if he steals all the jams and the bread and the beef and the rice?” Chimchim tugged Cheska’s sleeve as he shuddered in unnecessary fear.

Cheska held Chimchim’s face between her hands and reassured, “No scary stranger will steal your jams, Chimchim.”

“Don’t worry Chimchim, I know how to use a stun gun!” Namjoonie boasted, impressing Cheska.

Cheska ruffled Namjoonie’s hair then said, “Since Namjoonie know how to use a stun gun, you’ll be in charge for today. Make sure they won’t get hurt, they won’t fight and they won’t burn the house. Okay?”

“Yes ma’am!” Namjoonie answered with a salute.

“Jinnie, don’t hog the DS just to play Mario all day, okay?”

Jinnie pouted, but nevertheless answered a sad, “Okay.”

“Yoongi, take a bath, brush your teeth and wash the dishes, or at least the utensils you used. Okay?”

“No–” then Cheska shot him with an askance stare. “Okay,” he mumbled.

“Hobi, don’t bother Chimchim too much and play with others, okay?

Hobi showed his brightest smile and took Vwee’s hand.

“Vwee, don’t attempt to do any science experiment based on what you watched on TV. Okay?”

Vwee just stared at her, not understanding a word she was saying because he was busy daydreaming on being a water bender.

“Chimchim, don’t hog the headphones listening to Taeyang all day. Your ears will get hurt. Okay?”

Chimchim slowly nodded, cogitating if he really should follow her advice.

“Kookie, don’t boss around your hyungs. Respect them, okay?”

Kookie faked a smile, obviously annoyed.

 

When Cheska left, Jinnie gathered the other six children in the kitchen and announced, “Today is actually Cheska noona’s birthday. But she didn’t tell us. I don’t know why but this is the perfect time for us to make a birthday gift for her. And for that, we’re going to bake a birthday cake.”

“I wanna blow the candwles!” Vwee raised his hand with glee.

The six boys facepalmed themselves as they can’t grasp Vwee’s randomness.

“Anyway, I already prepared your stations with ingredients and instruction. I assigned Yoongi to make caramel cake, Hobi for chocolate, Vwee for vanilla, Chimchim for mocha and Kookie for cookies ‘n cream.”

Namjoonie poked Jinnie and demanded, “What about me, hyung?”

Jinnie pointed the sink and replied, “You’re going to wash the materials we used after baking.”

“Why hyung? What am I to you?”

“You’re nothing but a house wrecker. But if you insist, you can bake cupcakes with me instead.”

Hobi butted in and asked, “What kind of cupcakes will you make hyung?”

“Red Velvet.”

Hobi, Vwee, Chimchim and Kookie looked at each other, then impetuously started dancing and singing, “Lalala lalala lalalala, HAPPINESS!”

“You’ve watched too much Music Bank, Hobi,” Namjoonie commented after the quartet’s performance.

“And he even managed to get his co-members,” Yoongi added.

Later, the boys started their baking tasks. Jinnie had all the ingredients and baking utensils ready.

Namjoonie wasn’t a part of the baking team, but after insisting to bake, Jinnie allowed him to be his assistant. Jinnie let Namjoonie mix the batter since he knew Namjoonie can’t break the mixing bowl and the wooden spoon.

Yoongi started reading the instructions. But after reading a few lines, he threw away the recipe.

“Nah, I’m too swaeg to read that recipe. I’m just gonna mix and bake this thing.” He threw all the ingredients in the mixing bowl, combined the batter half-heartedly, poured it in the baking pan and put it in the oven. “This cake is swaeg.”

Hobi and Chimchim decided to help each other in baking. They carefully read and followed the recipe Jinnie gave them.

“What cake are you making, hyung?” Chimchim asked as he tasted the batter he made.

“Chocolate. You Chimchim?”

“I don’t know but it tastes weird. I think I accidentally added some coffee,” he replied, tasting his batter again.

Hobi tasted Chimchim’s batter and uttered, “Yeah, it really tastes like coffee. Let’s put some chocolate so Jinnie hyung won’t get mad at us.”

Hobi carefully poured his chocolate batter to Chimchim’s mixing bowl. Vwee saw what was going on and decided to play a prank on them.

“Bwoo!” yelled Vwee, making Hobi dropped his mixing bowl.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing, Vwee? Can’t you see we’re serious here?” Hobi scolded him.

Chimchim panicked, “Omo, the chocolate is now mixed with mine. Hyung, what are we going to do now? Jinnie hyung will get mad for sure!”

While Hobi scoops his chocolate batter from Chimchim’s mixing bowl, Vwee ran back to his station.

“I stiw don’t know what to dwo. I can’t even wead this…” he murmured to himself as he tried to read the recipe he’s holding. “Mwix… mwix… mwix… AH! I just have to mwix all wof thwem!” So, he put all the ingredients – including the eggshells – and mixed them playfully.

“This is fwun! Hee hee!” he giggled as he scooped a dollop of his vanilla batter into the baking pan. “Wait! I fowgot the buttew!” then he spread a tablespoon of butter on top of the batter (when it was supposed to be on the bottom of the pan s the cake won’t stick). “I can now wead! Yehet!”

Kookie finished baking ahead of his hyungs and now he’s busy taking pictures of his finished cookies ‘n creams cake.

“This job is too easy. My hyungs are too slow to bake a simple cake. Sheesh. Maybe I should add more cookies as decoration…”

He took the forbidden cookie jar from the pantry and grabbed a handful of aromatic chocolate chip cookies.

Should I crush these or… eat them? No, Cheska noona will be in a hissy fit. I’ll just use them as decoration to impress her. Then I’ll get a reward for sure. Like maybe a new shirt or a new snapback or a kiss on the cheeks. Hmm….

Jinnie was so proud of Namjoonie for he was able to finish baking three red velvet cupcakes without Namjoonie breaking a single equipment they used or ruining the batter, the icing or the sugar icing Hangul of Cheska (체스카).

“Just one day… Namjoonie didn’t break anything. I’m so proud of you, dongsaeng,” Jinnie praised Namjoonie.

Namjoonie flashed his eye-blinding smile, his dimples greatly emphasized.

 

It was six in the evening when Cheska came home. Her hands were occupied with shopping bags. She knocked the door with her foot and yelled, “Open the door! My hands are carrying your food!”

No one opened nor replied to her.

“Aish, these kids seriously. They might be too busy playing or sleeping,” she said as she put down the shopping bags and opened the door. She took the shopping bags inside the house after opening the door.

Seriously, why is the house so dark? Did they sleep already? she thought as she searched for the light switch. When she the lights, the sound of popping confetti poppers startled Cheska.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHESKA NOONA!” greeted all the seven children, then squeezed her with their group hug.

“What the– how did you know it was my birthday?”

Jinnie formed a gun with his hand and placed it under his chin.

Vwee tugged Cheska’s shirt and dragged her to the dining area.

“We’ve prepared cakes for you birthday, noona~” Namjoonie proudly told her.

“No, you did not. You only helped Jinnie hyung with the cupcakes,” Kookie revealed.

“I appreciate all the effort guys. Wow…” she stated as she looked at the four cakes spelling 생, 일, 추가 and 햬요 and the three red velvet cupcakes with the sugar icing letters 체,스 and 카.

Yoongi pushed his dongsaengs away and bragged, “I’m the one who made the 생 (Saeng) cake, caramel. That’s good, I’m sure about it.”

“I made your favorite chocolate, noona~” Hobi purred with added aegyo.

Chimchim pouted, mumbling “I made the 햬요 (Haeyo) cake…”

“I will bwow the candwles fow you!!!” Vwee exclaimed.

Kookie raised his hand and declared, “I deserve to get the reward!”

“But this is not a baking contest, Kookie,” Jinnie reminded him.

Namjoonie gave Cheska a fork and stated, “It’s time to taste our cakes!”

Cheska approached the table and noticed the caramel cake. “Umm… why is the cake still on the baking pan?” she asked as she dug the spoon into the cake.

“Do I have to remove it?” Yoongi replied.

Jinnie buried his face with his hands in embarrassment. Why did I trust Yoongi?

“Umm… what cake is this again Yoongi?”

“Caramel. Why noona?”

Cheska signaled Yoongi to approach her, then pinched his cheeks. “Yah, Min Yoon Gi. You put the caramel in between the cake, not with the cake. But anyway,   –stops pinching Yoongi’s cheeks–  the caramel sauce is good. Who made it?”

Jinnie raised his hand as he gave Yoongi a don’t-you-dare-say-it’s-you stare.

Hobi cut a slice from his cake, served it on a beautiful saucer with knife and fork and offered it to Cheska.

Cheska was surprised by Hobi’s sweetness and grinned at him. She tried the cake then her eyes twinkled in happiness.

“Omo, this is so so so good! I love the chocolate filling. How did you do this?” she beamed as she off the icing from her hand.

“Hee hee… I just followed Jinnie hyung’s recipe. It’s all thanks to him,” he explained, pointing at the proud Jinnie.

Cheska ruffled Hobi’s hair and complimented, “You did a very good job.” Then all of a sudden she chocked on something. She coughed it out and a little Katekyo Hitman Reborn ring came out. “Hobi…”

Hobi pouted then sang sadly, “Mianhe mianhe hajima…”

Chimchim copied Hobi, with bonus glass of instant iced coffee.

“Noona’s surely consumed a lot of sugar, so you need to drink coffee to cleanse your palate,” he said matter-of-factly.

“Since when did Chimchim knew about the palate?” Kookie snorted.

“Kookie…”

Kookie responded with his apologetic gaze.

Cheska took a sip of the coffee then tasted Chimchim’s cake. As Cheska chewed on his cake, Chimchim confessed, “I really don’t know what kind of cake I was making… And Hobi hyung accidentally added some of his choco batter… So, I’m really sorry if it tastes bad…”

Jinnie scratched his head, thinking, Aish, and I thought he read the recipe.

Cheska laughed, “Yah, Chimchim. This is mocha cake. Although I can taste bits of chocolate. Ah! That’s why I tasted some coffee in Hobi’s cake. But thank for your honesty, Chimchim.”

Vwee cut a square slice of his vanilla cake and placed it on a soup bowl. He gave it to Cheska with a square smile plastered on his face.

“Yah, Vwee! You don’t put the cake on a soup bowl!” Jinnie scolded him immediately.

Cheska bit her lip to stop guffawing and defended the weird kid. “It’s alright, he doesn’t know the difference anyway. Thank you, Vwee. I shall taste this now, okay?” After putting the cake in , her forehead creased as her teeth grind the mixed batter of butter, sugar, flour, eggs with eggshells and vanilla cream. She grabbed the glass of iced Americano and pushed the bolus to her esophagus.

“Are you alright, Cheska noona?” Namjoonie approached her and handed her a handkerchief.

She nodded weakly and coughed roughly. “I can’t believe I just ate a cake with eggshells.”

“I gave Vwee the vanilla cake because he just has to add 1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, 3 cups flour, and 4 eggs. Aish…” explained the frustrated Jinnie.

Her cough faded as her eyes landed on Kookie’s cake.

“JEON JUNG KOOK!” she roared, signaling Kookie to come closer with her index finger.

Yo in danger if Cheska noona calls you by your full name, Namjoonie once warned him when he entered the day care center.

Looks like I’m in danger. What will happen to me now?

“Who told you to get your hands on those cookies?! I baked that for someone else! AISH!”

Tears started to swell on Kookie’s eyes, making Cheska worried. She enveloped the nearly crying Kookie and cooed him. “I’m sorry, Kookie. I know you just want to impress me. Don’t worry. I can make those again for you. Okay? Kookie don’t cry.”

Jinnie faced Cheska and bowed deeply. “I’m sorry Cheska noona. This was all my idea because it’s your birthday. We want to give you something to make your day, but we only ruined it.  –bows–  I’m really sorry.”

Cheska spread her arms and called all of them. “Come here and give your noona a hug.”

“Happy birthday Cheska noona!” the seven boys cried as they surrounded their babysitter with their warm hug.

I wonder for whom are the cookies for? Noona has a boyfriend?


Yehet! An update, woot woot!

I'm sorry it took so loooooooooooooong~

Talk to me jebal! I don't bite kkk~

@legityaminohime

legityaminohime.tumblr.com/ask