One Way Ticket To--Where Are We Again?

Paper Tiger Diva

 

 

 

“Do you have any idea how completely insane this is?” fussed Hongki for the umpteenth time, this time as he crossed his arms over his chest and collapsed against the passenger seat in an angry huff. “This is crazy, and stupid, and just—so, so wrong.”

 

Hongki sputtered out the words, unable to hold on to any one coherent thought as Jonghun broke speed limits and cut people off, because apparently no one else on the road even existed—despite the constant blaring of car horns and people flipping the bird out the window. For crying out loud, Jonghun was exactly the kind of driver people would go out of their way to hit.

 

Never mind the fact it was a foreign sports car (however stolen it may have been) capable of dangerously quick acceleration, if the CEO's wrath didn't kill them by the end of the day, somebody else's road rage most certainly would. Did Jonghun even care that people were flipping him off left and right? Weren't you supposed to be careful with someone else's car?

 

Hongki stared hard at Jonghun's face. “This is abduction, you know.”

 

“No, it's not,” mumbled Jonghun, as he wearily rubbed the bridge of his nose.

 

Hongki made a face. “You dragged me out the door and then picked me up. You must have a very warped definition of kidnapping, because this,” he dramatically gestured at the small space between them, eyes blazing in a fiery frenzy. “This is kidnapping no matter how you look at it.”

 

Jonghun's gaze flicked over to Hongki, dark eyes narrowing. “You got in on your own.”

 

“Moment of insanity,” grumbled Hongki, to which Jonghun responded by saying nothing at all, and merely continued to keep his dark, unreadable gaze focused on the road ahead of them.

 

Hongki nearly wanted to scoff, the sudden silence inexplicably suffocating. He didn't think quiet ever existed with Jonghun around, but now, as the ornery brunette drove them who-knows-where, with his eyebrows knit together and hands grasping tightly at the wheel, Hongki couldn't deny the lack of response made him feel uneasy—restless even.

 

No matter the day, hour or situation, Jonghun always had something obnoxious to say—and Hongki meant that in the most literal way possible. If there was something stupid to say, Jonghun was the first to open his mouth. Why was he so quiet all of sudden? It wasn't like him.

 

Jonghun... was quiet.

 

Too quiet.

 

Absentmindedly, Hongki's fingers went to the ever-present charm around his neck. As his lips drooped into a frown, Hongki warily eyed Jonghun, wondering if perhaps there was a bit of a delayed reaction. Surely he was about to explode. Surely there was an obnoxious remark just begging to come out. Surely there was something.

 

And yet, Jonghun said not a word.

 

Hongki stared at him.

 

Well. This had to be the first time in recorded history that Choi Jonghun had absolutely nothing to say.

 

Grimacing, Hongki's gaze flicked toward the window, watching as the world outside sped alongside them as they traveled farther and farther along the freeway. With every mile and overhead sign that faded into the distance behind them, the city limits grew nearer and nearer, leaving the luxury of civilization to slowly drift away until it had disappeared from sight completely.

 

With this, Hongki whacked his head against the glass, wondering if he could smack some sense into the brain cells that had been displaced the moment he agreed to go along with Jonghun's madness.

 

Great. Not only was he now an accomplice, but also a fugitive.

 

What the hell was the matter with Jonghun anyway? Did he live his life full of suppressed juvenile delinquency? Was this supposed to be his way of belatedly living out all those petty teenage rebellious years?

 

“This is theft,” Hongki spoke up again, lifting his head off the window and aiming a pointed look at Jonghun.

 

Jonghun rolled his eyes. “So I heard.”

 

“No, wait, this is grand theft. We could go to jail for this.”

 

“I'll give it back!” he hissed, and finally the Jonghun that Hongki knew had returned.

 

Hongki made a face. “Will that be before or after we're both in handcuffs?”

 

“I didn't steal it,” Jonghun insisted. “I just... borrowed it without permission. And anyway, the keys were just sitting on his desk, completely out in the open,” he tried to justify himself, his ridiculous excuse causing Hongki to roll his eyes. “If you ask me, he deserves to have his precious sports car swiped for a day.”

 

“Oh, so it's his fault?” Hongki sputtered, eyebrows raised incredulously. His gaze drifted to the rear view mirror, which reflected back at him the suspicious duffel bag Jonghun had carelessly tossed into the backseat. Hongki grimaced again. “I swear to God, Jonghun, if you've got a body in that bag...”

 

Jonghun shot him a look. “If you don't shut up and quit nagging me, I'm going to stuff you in that bag.”

 

“I'd like to see you try,” Hongki mumbled just loud enough for Jonghun to hear. Jonghun made a face at the remark but didn't respond, opting only to purse his lips and tighten his grasp on the wheel. Hongki crossed his arms over his chest, his gaze all but burning a hole in the side of Jonghun's face. “Why are you doing this?”

 

Jonghun grit his teeth and ran a hand through his dark locks. “It's suffocating, being stuck in that company all day.”

 

“In other words, you were bored,” Hongki loudly proclaimed, and then narrowed his eyes at Jonghun. “Either that or you're just using me as a ploy to get under your boss's skin. Is that what this is? He pissed you off, so now you'll do this to get back at him?”

 

Jonghun scowled. “No!”

 

“Somehow, I don't believe you,” Hongki sighed, and then a humorless smile tugged at his lips. “Well, you wanted to get me fired anyway, so I guess you'll get your wish after all.”

 

“You're not getting fired.”

 

“We stole our boss's car.”

 

“No, I stole his car,” Jonghun corrected, before he spoke much quieter, all but mumbling out the words. “I just happened to steal you too.”

 

Hongki shook his head and made a noise of disbelief. “We are so fired.”

 

“He's not going to fire you,” muttered Jonghun, and suddenly there was a flicker of intensity in those dark eyes of his—an intensity that burned with the strength of a hundred flames. “He wants something with you, Hongki. I don't know what it is, but he wants to keep you in that company, no matter what. Recording guide tracks, that can't be the only thing. He wants something else, I'm sure of it.”

 

The words trailed off into little more than a murmur, almost as if Jonghun had meant it only for himself. He took his thumbnail between his teeth, brow furrowed in thought, and Hongki could only think to turn his head away. He propped his arm against the window, letting his face rest in the palm of his hand as he watched the world outside.

 

Why? Why did those eyes burn such a potent hole right through his sanity? Why did Jonghun even care?

 

Hongki sighed.

 

“I said no.”

 

Through the reflection in the window, Hongki watched as Jonghun's head snapped to the side, his eyes determinedly fixed on the side of Hongki's face, watching, searching—for what, though, Hongki hadn't the slightest idea. Jonghun's gaze flicked back and forth between Hongki and the road, as if unsure where to concentrate his attention.

 

“You... what?” Jonghun finally managed out, eyes narrowed and brow knit together.

 

“I am sick and tired of people telling me how I should be feeling, and what I should be doing with my voice,” Hongki mumbled. “The CEO wants me to sing. Yonghwa wants me to sing. The kids I used to coach, everyone I've ever met, they all tell me I'm supposed to sing, that I'm not meant to do anything else.”

 

“And what about you?”

 

Hongki lifted his head off the window, brow knitting together. Not quite the reaction he was expecting. “What?”

 

“Do you think you're supposed to sing? Is that what you think you're meant to do?”

 

“I quit,” Hongki sighed. “I don't sing anymore, but nobody can seem to let that go.”

 

“I'm not asking about what everyone else thinks!” Jonghun snapped, and for a moment Hongki couldn't deny the fact that for once, he hadn't been expecting such an explosive reaction. He stared at Jonghun, and the latter flicked his dark gaze at Hongki. “I'm asking what you think. What are you meant to do, Hongki? Coming from you.”

 

Hongki could only stare at him for a moment, unable to form a proper response. Usually when the topic came up, the only thing anyone wanted to know was why he quit in the first place. Everyone assumed different things. Some pitied him. Others felt sorry for him. But no one had ever bothered to ask him what he wanted. Instead of trying to tell him what to feel, or what to do with his voice, Jonghun had asked him directly what he was meant to do in this world.

 

What was he meant to do? Could Hongki even answer that question?

 

“I don't know anymore,” Hongki murmured, letting his gaze fall back to the window. “I used to think I wanted everything. Now I can't even remember why music used to be everything to me. I hear my own voice, and I can't stand the sound of it. I hate it. I really, really hate it.”

 

It hurt too much, the sound of the voice that used laugh and sing alongside the one person Hongki wanted at his side forever. It suffocated him, the hole in his heart that had forgotten how to love the things that used to make him happy. His voice, his music, everything he had loved, everything he had thought he could never live without, Hongki had come to loathe every last bit of it. His heart had been rubbed raw, and he couldn't bear to expose himself to all the old wounds and memories he'd locked far, far away—and especially not to Jonghun.

 

More than anyone else in the world, Hongki refused to let Jonghun see the darkness lurking so deeply within his soul. Hongki wouldn't let him take hold of the bruised and battered heart he'd kept hidden all these years. Jonghun could scream and yell at him all he wanted, but that lock would never be his to open.

 

It couldn't. It just... couldn't.

 

 

 

><><><><

 

 

 

It was another hour before Jonghun left the wide open freeway in favor of narrow, winding back roads that were surrounded by rolling green hills and seemingly endless grassy fields. Hongki hadn't so much as seen another car since they left the freeway, and it was beginning to bother him more than he wanted to admit. Throughout all of his never-ending nagging and his noisy demands to know just where Jonghun thought he was taking him, the only thing Jonghun managed to say about it was, “You'll see.”

 

This happened about a dozen times until Hongki came to the conclusion that Jonghun was probably going to murder him. Here they were, out in the middle of nowhere, with no witnesses and no one to hear him scream. That bag in the backseat suddenly seemed that much more suspicious, causing Hongki to grimace as he wondered what fresh hell Jonghun had conjured up this time.

 

What, was there a shovel somewhere in the backseat? Was Jonghun planning to tie him up and feed him to an angry grizzly bear? Hey, maybe he was looking for Bigfoot, and Hongki was to be used as bait in a human trap.

 

Hongki made a face.

 

Fantastic. He was out in the middle of who-knows-where with a psychopath.

 

When Hongki's attempt to nag an answer out of Jonghun was once again met with the very same answer he'd been giving all morning, Hongki pursed his lips and looked out the window.

 

“Yeah, okay, that's it,” Hongki grumbled. “I am officially done going along with your insanity. How much do you think it would hurt if I jumped out of the car right now?”

 

Jonghun narrowed his eyes, but hardly spared a glance at him. “You wouldn't dare.” Then, as if suddenly thinking otherwise, his head snapped toward Hongki, eyes widening in a dramatic show of incertitude. “...would you?”

 

Hongki said nothing. He merely responded by unbuckling his seat belt.

 

“What the—Lee Hongki!” Jonghun snapped, gaze flickering wildly as Hongki taunted him by swinging the released seat belt back and forth. “Put your seat belt back on right now! I mean it! Don't you dare unlock that door!”

 

“Or what?” Hongki challenged, hand positioned over the lock. Suddenly, Jonghun stomped on the brake and the car lurched to a violent stop. Hongki nearly went flying right out of his seat, and his hand reached out in front to prevent himself from injury, he looked at Jonghun incredulously, eyes flashing wildly. “What's your problem?! Are you trying to give me whiplash?!”

 

Hongki winced and brought a hand to the back of his neck, but Jonghun merely stared him, his dark gaze b with those ever-present flames of fury.

 

“You take one step out of this car,” he warned darkly, to which Hongki responded by pursing his lips and unlocking the door just to spite him. “and you're really going to get it. I mean it.” The door opened, and Hongki stuck a single foot out, letting it dangle just an inch above the ground. Jonghun's gaze flared. “One step, Hongki. One. Damn. Step.”

 

With that, Hongki stepped out of the car. Spinning around, he crossed his arms over his chest, brow raised and a self-satisfied smirk dancing at his lips as if to say, come at me. Just like that, he silently taunted Jonghun, cocking his head to the side and daring him to do something about his blatant defiance.

 

“That's it,” muttered Jonghun as he clumsily scrambled from the car.

 

“Let go of me!” Hongki shouted at top volume when Jonghun's arms found their way around his waist, attempting to forcefully wrangle him back into the car.

 

“I warned you!”

 

“Stop it!” Hongki fought against his hold, writhing and thrashing and kicking at him at every opportunity. Jonghun stumbled on his feet, but his grasp remained steady, relentless, holding him tightly against a warm chest and solid abdomen. Hongki grimaced as Jonghun's breathy grunt brushed across his ear, the gentle sensation slowing his brain and coursing right into his veins. Thoughts ran together, and Hongki could only think to put space between them.

 

It was beginning to get dangerous again, Hongki realized. The muddled thoughts, the fiery pulse in his veins, the all too enticing scent of Jonghun, far too close for sanity's sake. He needed space. He needed space between them, and finally, Hongki slipped from Jonghun's grasp, stumbling backward only to find himself with his back against the car.

 

Running a hand over his face, Hongki leant back against the car. He quickly decided the sun was far too hot today, because the warm flush that crept up the sides of his neck suddenly felt as though his skin had caught fire. He really shouldn't spend so much time with Jonghun. It wasn't good for his sanity.

 

“Why is it always a disaster with you?” were the words Jonghun bit out, causing Hongki to let out a throaty noise of disbelief.

 

“Me?” He echoed, eyes narrowing and brow wrinkling at the center. He waved a theatrical hand at Jonghun. “Why is it always a disaster with you? You dragged me out of work, stole a car and drove all the way out here, and for what? So you can kill me and then bury my body in the woods?!”

 

Jonghun grimaced. “What? No! What's wrong with you?”

 

Hongki almost wanted to laugh at the words. What was wrong with him? The better question would be what wasn't wrong with him? There was a multitude of problems circulating his head and nagging at his heart, the loudest of which being Jonghun and that blazing spark of his that set fire to everything in his path.

 

Hongki couldn't even deny it anymore—truth was, there was an attraction to him. Jonghun was gorgeous, and he knew it. They both did. With dark eyes, pitch black hair and a discernible angle to his nose, he was blessed with the features of a model and the perfectly toned body of a god. It wasn't even fair how good looking he was, and Hongki hated the fact that he actually felt jealous.

 

But when Hongki thought to the personality that went along with that body, and the fact that it was Jonghun, the only thing Hongki could see were a pair of devil horns sitting atop his head. Good looks meant nothing when Jonghun spent his time looking for new ways to get under Hongki's skin.

 

The attraction, it was only physical. Hongki could deal with that much.

 

Looking at him now, Hongki could only sigh.

 

“You, Jonghun,” he muttered, running a hand through his hair. “You are what's wrong with me. No matter what I do, or where I am, or what I say to you, none of it matters. You just do what you want without thinking about anyone but yourself.”

 

“That's not—”

 

“What? That's not true? You really want to say that to me, right here, right now?”

 

“I'm just... What I'm trying to say... It's not fair, okay?!” Jonghun belatedly snapped out as he took a dangerous step closer to Hongki, dark eyes flickering with an undeniable seriousness. “You've gotten friendly with everybody in the company except for me, and it really pisses me off!”

 

“Is it really that much of a mystery to you?” Hongki scoffed. “Did you already forget that you took one look at me and decided I wasn't even worth enough to be called by my name? Or that you spent the next two weeks harassing me for no other reason than it was fun for you? And what about accusing me of sleeping with our boss? Was that fun for you too?”

 

Jonghun's gaze flared. “That was before!”

 

“Before what?” Hongki challenged, watching as Jonghun grit his teeth, dark eyes blazing nothing but fiery intensity.

 

“Before... I...” Jonghun was close now, much too close. His warmth soaked into Hongki's pores, breath tickling his lips, and eyes no more than an inch from his own. The dangerous flames returned deep within his heart, burning so fervidly that Hongki hardly registered the hand resting against his waist, or the callused fingertips tracing such a delicate line along the length of his jaw. “You're mine, Hongki. I won't let anyone take you away from me.”

 

“Do you think I'm easy?” whispered Hongki, ignoring the sudden rise of temperature pulsing so wildly in his veins. “Do you think if you whisk me away to the middle of nowhere like this, I'll just fall at your feet and spill my guts to you?”

 

“No, that's not...” Jonghun muttered, making a noise of frustration before he heaved a sigh and stared at Hongki, gaze dark and inexplicably serious. “Your eyes. Why do they look like that?”

 

Hongki rolled his eyes. “If you have a problem with the way my eyes look, take it up with my genetics.”

 

“No, I don't mean—you're so infuriating!” Jonghun snapped, but then he shook his head and spoke much quieter, his voice uncharacteristically soft. “What I'm trying to say is, your eyes, they're always unhappy. You're always unhappy. You never smile, you never laugh. What's wrong with you?”

 

Hongki made a face. “If you came out here hoping to have a heart to heart, you're going to leave very disappointed.”

 

“Damn it, Hongki! Tell me!”

 

“Why? What difference would it make?”

 

“Because ever since the CEO basically put me on house arrest, I hardly see you,” grumbled Jonghun, a childish scowl forming on his face as Hongki smiled sarcastically. He didn't understand Jonghun in the slightest. Yonghwa had told him Jonghun was unpredictable, but never did Hongki expect him to be this off the wall and insane. He didn't even know what to expect from him anymore.

 

“Aw, you miss me that much?” Hongki cracked, making a face. “How touching. Now get off me.”

 

“Hongki,” Jonghun warned when Hongki placed a hand on his chest and pushed Jonghun back, just enough to let himself breathe without suffocating underneath that dark stare and fiery warmth.

 

Hongki held Jonghun's gaze. “Jonghun, let me make something clear to you. I don't belong to you. I don't belong to anyone. The day I'm deranged enough to call myself yours is the day I hammer a nail through my skull. I'm not your property, and I will never, ever be yours.”

 

Jonghun leant closer, dark eyes glinting at the sound of a challenge.

 

“You want to turn that into a challenge?”

 

“Sure,” Hongki shot back flippantly. “If you think you can make yourself anything less than detestable, then be my guest. When that happens, you can take me for a ride on your flying pig and then show me the leprechaun that grants wishes.”

 

Jonghun looked at him oddly. “Leprechauns don't grant wishes.”

 

“The point just flew right over your head,” Hongki muttered, resisting the urge to face-palm.

 

“You will be mine, Lee Hongki,” was the all too confident declaration that made Hongki scoff. Jonghun leant even closer, breath dancing across his lips once more as his voice dipped into a low, seductive drawl. “That much is a promise.”

 

Hongki couldn't help the smirk that settled at his lips. “Go ahead, prove me wrong. Win me over and make me eat my words. If you can manage to do that, then I will get down on my knee and serenade you in front of everyone at the company.”

 

“Everyone?”

 

“Everyone.”

 

 

 

><><><><

 

 

 

“I'm not going to ask you three again. Where did Choi Jonghun run off to?”

 

Back at the agency, Seunghyun, Minhwan and Jaejin stood in the midst of the CEO's office, directly in front of his desk. The man stared at them sternly, eyes narrowed and lips pressed together in a firm line, but it was Seunghyun's bright and cheerful smile that stood out from the solemn expressions of his band-mates. To the side of the large wooden desk stood one the higher ranked managers, the one who claimed to be the last one to see either Hongki or Jonghun.

 

“Really, I have no idea what you're talking about,” Seunghyun chirped brightly, grinning as he offered a theatrical shrug. “I didn't even know he left until you called us in here. And Hongki's gone too? Oh my, that's so weird, isn't it? What are the odds of that?”

 

The CEO sighed. “Seunghyun, this whole process will be a lot less painful if you just tell me what you know.”

 

Seunghyun's grin didn't falter. “I don't know anything. I'm stupid. A complete idiot, really. Honestly, I have no idea why I was even scouted in the first place. I flunked out of high school, you know.”

 

“You graduated high school ranked 2nd in your class,” Jaejin butted in all of a sudden, brow knitting together as he gestured at Minhwan. “Right behind Minhwan.”

 

Seunghyun pursed his lips, though the playful gleam still danced in his eyes. “You're not helping my case here, Jaejin.”

 

“Seunghyun, Jaejin, Minhwan,” their boss rested his elbows atop his desk, resting his chin atop his interlocked fingers. The look in his eyes read nothing but an alarming seriousness, but Seunghyun merely continued to smile back at him, completely unfazed. “Allow me to break this down for you so that you understand the severity of this situation. Jonghun made off with my car, my employee, and my wallet. I need to know where he went, and you three are of the very few people who spend any significant amount of time with him.”

 

The words caused Seunghyun's eyebrows to rise. Jonghun swiped his wallet too? He had only intended for Jonghun to take the keys, not the man's wallet. Their leader had quite the sticky fingers, huh? Perhaps he was secretly a kleptomaniac, Seunghyun couldn't help but think, grinning to no one but himself.

 

“Maybe they planned the whole thing together,” Seunghyun shrugged. “You know, like a Bonnie and Clyde situation.”

 

“Oh, is that what you think? Manager Yoon here tells me there was manhandling involved.”

 

“There was a lot of manhandling,” said manager affirmed.

 

“Could be role play,” suggested Seunghyun, holding in the laughter that so desperately wanted to escape. “I hear they've got it so bad for each other, they can hardly even concentrate when they're in the same room.”

 

The CEO sighed and looked over at Jaejin, having finally given up on trying to pry answers out of the smiley guitarist. “Jaejin,” he murmured. “What do you know?”

 

“Absolutely nothing,” Jaejin answered immediately, raising his hands as if to show his innocence. “I had nothing to do with this. I have no idea where they went, and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm not getting dragged into this.”

 

“Minhwan?” The CEO tried, almost hopefully, but Minhwan shook his head.

 

“I don't know either. All I know is that a trainee came and—”

 

“Minhwan!” Seunghyun hissed, sending an elbow into the drummer's side. Minhwan winced but shut his mouth anyway, his gaze flicking over to Seunghyun. What was that for? He wanted to ask, but Seunghyun merely shook his head a little, gesturing for him to keep quiet. Minhwan frowned.

 

“No, keep talking,” their boss ordered. “A trainee came and what?”

 

Minhwan's gaze flicked back and forth between Seunghyun and the man behind the desk.

 

Why didn't Seunghyun want him saying anything? Was it really that big of a deal? It wasn't like he knew where Jonghun went anyway, so where was the harm in simply offering what he knew? Besides, he had a bad feeling about this. No matter what he said, or whose side he took, Minhwan had a feeling it wouldn't end well either way.

 

Finally, Minhwan swallowed thickly and opened his mouth. “A trainee came and said Hongki was needed upstairs. He disappeared after that, and I haven't heard from him since.”

 

The CEO hummed and leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. “Which trainee?”

 

Minhwan hesitated, taking his lower lip between his teeth. He could lie and say he didn't know, but in reality he was on a first name basis with every single one of the trainees. The CEO had to have known that much, and Minhwan had never been a very good liar, especially under pressure.

 

“Mina,” Minhwan finally murmured. “It was Kwon Mina.”

 

Minhwan ignored Seunghyun's intense, disbelieving stare.

 

“Okay. And nobody knows anything else?” When everyone shook their heads, the CEO waved them off, gesturing for them to leave. “Alright. Go, all of you. Manager Yoon, call Mina here. I think it's time to reevaluate company policy.”

 

“Where is your loyalty, Minhwan?” Seunghyun hissed as soon as the door was shut behind them. Suddenly, the smile had vanished and playfulness disappeared from his eyes. Minhwan could only stare at him, brow knitting together. Minhwan hadn't done anything wrong, so why was Seunghyun trying to bite his head off?

 

Jaejin stepped between them, a blazing glare settling in his usually level-headed gaze. “Hey, don't get mad at him just because it's your stupid scheme that spun out of control.”

 

Seunghyun raised his hands in defense. “For the record, I never told him to take the car. That was all him.”

 

“It was you who put the idea in his head in the first place!” Jaejin cried before immediately snapping his mouth shut and looking around as though he was afraid someone had hear him. Pursing his lips, he then pointed an accusatory finger at Seunghyun's chest, lowering his voice. “You went to him knowing he would do something impulsive like this. You knew if you told him about that damn car and found a way to rope Hongki into it, he would do something crazy.”

 

“I did it in the name of love!” Seunghyun cried out, waving a dramatic arm around as he placed his free hand over his heart. A dramatic sigh escaped his lips, to which Jaejin responded by throwing his hands up in exasperation.

 

“You don't get it,” Jaejin hissed. “The CEO is this close to cutting Jonghun off from this company. He's not just going to let this go, and now, because of you and your inability to keep your nose out of everyone else's business, you may have just cost the band their leader. Do you even realize what that means? For the band, for us?”

 

Seunghyun smiled and patted his head. “Relax, Jinnie, it'll all work out. You'll see. By tomorrow, everything will blow over.”

 

“The fact that you still have the nerve to smile...” Jaejin grumbled, before he swatted at Seunghyun's hand and backed away. “Get used to being a trio, Seunghyun. Jonghun is done here.” Shaking his head, he offered one last dirty look. “You couldn't have just left it alone, could you?”

 

Without another word, Jaejin his heel and disappeared down the hall.

 

“He's overreacting,” Seunghyun tried to brush off, though his attempt at a smile ended up looking forced and unnatural. Minhwan frowned, but then he sighed and shook his head.

 

“That's the thing, Seunghyun. I don't think he is.”

 

 

 

><><><><

 

 

 

A/N

Woo, chapter 8. 
There's trouble coming, and I'm beyond excited.

As always, thank you for reading :)
Don't forget to share your thoughts!