Too Fast

Too Fast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bell rang, a sign of someone visit her. She woke up from a slumber without looking at her clock on the nightstand, dragging her legs lazily to the door. Because it was dark inside, she assumed it late night.

 

“Who the hell come at this hour?” she murmured, feeling annoy.

 

“Coming! Stop pressing the bell.” She shouted.

 

She twisted the doorknob open, just to find a handsome man in casual clothes with a bunch of pink roses in his hand. His warm dimple smile melted the frown on her face.

 

“Tae?” she surprised and at the same time she wonder why her boyfriend showed up at this hour.

 

“Still in work attire?” he asked the woman in her wrinkle outfit.

 

“Huh?”

 

Looking at herself, she realized that she hadn’t changed yet. That was because she was too tired that when she arrived home, she immediately threw herself onto bed and fall asleep afterward. Suddenly, she smoothed her hair and adjusted her clothes, remembering she just woke up.

 

“Sorry, Tae! There was too much work today. I fall asleep after arriving home.” She paused. “So, yeah, I haven’t changed yet.”

 

“And what are you doing here?” she asked.

 

“Do you forget?” He raised an eyebrow.

 

“Er… can you give me a clue?”

 

“We had a date at 8 o’clock. Remember?”

 

“And you plan you let your boyfriend stand forever.” He added with a smile.

 

“Oh! Sorry, come in.” she stepped out of the entrance, letting her boyfriend in.

 

Dumb! How come she forgot her special event like that? And what’s more, she supposed it was midnight already while the clock, indicated it was just 8:30 pm.

She closed the door behind and they walked to a sofa. Slumping himself on couch, Taeyeon handed the flowers to Tiffany.

 

“This is for you, Fany.”

 

“Thanks! Give me ten minutes, Tae. I go change.”

 

When Tiffany was about to go to her room, Taeyeon stopped her by holding her hand.

 

“It’s ok. I think you are worn out. So, let’s go next time.”

 

“But…” Tiffany wanted to protest, but Taeyeon cut in.

 

“I know you want to spend time with me. How about we can cook on our own and then we can watch movie together? What does it sound?”

 

“Great.” She excitedly chirped with her best eye smile.

 

“Ok. Now you can take a shower while I am preparing dinner.”

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Taeyeon walked to Tiffany’s kitchen in order for looking for something to cook. Scanning in her fridge, he decided to make pasta. While he was preparing ingredient, he felt a pair of arms wrapped around his waist.

 

“Finished already?”

 

“Hmm!”

 

“That’s a new record.”

 

Her name was Tiffany Hwung. Tiffany liked everything fast. She had finished her high school two year early. She was smart, so she thought it was better to finish it fast. Therefore, she had leaps of classes. Her university life was also amazing. Every assignment and presentation would be finished, at least one day before the deadline.

Every time, she did a presentation, her lecturer would have difficult to catch up with her since she spoke too fast. Tiffany was working for export and import company these day. In just two years, she was promoted twice. Her boss was so pleased with her because She was gorgeous, diligent, clever, and FAST, but not clever all the time.  There was no procrastination in Tiffany’s dictionary. Working under Tiffany could be pressure since she would force you to work speedily, and no rest till you gave her your work.

 

Flashback

 

Tiffany met Taeyeon last month. That was when Taeyeon helped an old lady to cross a street. She fell head to heel for him at first sight. What was strange was that she loved him, even they had gotten to know each other, or even worse they had not spoken to each other yet. Tiffany admitted that she was too fast to love a person that she barely knew. Thus, Tiffany hired an agent to find detail information about Taeyeon. Later on, she learnt that his name was Kim Taeyeon, a lecturer of Sone University. His birthplace was in JunJu. He was 23 years old and he had two siblings. His parents lived in JunJu. His study result was very good and had never committed any crime. His personality was ok for Tiffany but one thing she didn’t please about him was his height. It’s below average, 1. 57 cm. However, she was still her target.  Tiffany realized that she had to do something to make him felt her love and handed his heart to her as fast as possible. In his information, she noticed that he had a habit of going to a bookshop, which was at the corner of the road that Taeyeon helped an old lady last time. Two weeks later, Tiffany was in the bookshop Taeyeon usually went to. She was there for hours that the owner of the bookshop started to feel annoy of her presence. Finally, Taeyeon arrived; as usual, he scanned for his favorite books.

Tiffany grabbed that chance to initiate the conversation. At first, Taeyeon surprised at Tiffany’s sudden behavior, but then he felt comfortable talking to her.  Taeyeon and Tiffany exchanged their contact number afterward. Tiffany at least called Taeyeon once a day; nevertheless, Taeyeon didn’t mind. This went on and on. Two weeks later, Tiffany asked Taeyeon out. Tiffany confessed her love to Taeyeon on their first day and asked him to be her boyfriend on the same day. Taeyeon was so dumbfounded at Tiffany’s confession. Well, it should be Taeyeon’s role to do that, yet Tiffany decided to do it instead because she thought Taeyeon was too slow. She had booked the whole restaurant and had prepared a group of men playing music for them.

 

When Taeyeon put his feet in the date place, he felt weird that the place was strangely quiet. And when a group of men with their music instrument was standing next to a table where Tiffany was sitting with her eye-smile flashing on her face, he was even more puzzled. Tiffany looked so beautiful in her short strapless evening gown while Taeyeon was in T-shirt and jean because he thought it was just a simple dinner. After the having dinner, Tiffany bended down one of her knees and read a script she had prepared. Well, her confession irritated Taeyeon a little since it was kind of insulting his height.

 

“Taeyeon I know it was too fast. But I really want to express my feeling. The feeling I have kept in for long.”

 

“Tiff, We…” Taeyeon was about to say something but Tiffany gave him a sign to be silent. She then started to read:

 

Taeyeon, you are the best thing happened in my life. I fall in love with you on the first day we met. We had been through many things together. And I was so complete when I was with you. Taeyeon you are the light in my darkness. You are the right man I am looking for,

 

Although you are small and short, you are kind and helpful toward others.

Although you are small and short, you are clever and very understanding.  

Although you are small and short, you are handsome and well built.

 

You may not flawless in others’ eyes but you are perfect for me. Taeyeon?

 

She looked up. “Will you be my boyfriend?”

 

Taeyeon was actually angry about some parts of Tiffany’s confession, but seeing sincerity in Tiffany’s eyes, Taeyeon melted down on spot. One thing for sure, Tiffany was a woman and he didn’t want to embarrass her in front of other people and Taeyeon somehow felt like Tiffany as well. So, Taeyeon was willing to give a try.

 

The end of flashback

 

Taeyeon turned around and hold each side of Tiffany’s shoulders.

 

“But, let me check first whether it was just a brief shower or detail one.” He bended down his head a bit to sniff Tiffany’s scent at side of Tiffany’s neck.

 

“Yah! It’s tickle.” She hit his chest.

 

“So, what do brief shower and detail shower mean?” she was curious about her bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter