TBWGE

| P E R S U A S I O N |

| P E R S U A S I O N |

1. The Boy Who Got Everything

Ever since young, Lee So Hyuk never had a problem with not getting what he wants. He wasn't a spoiled boy or man. He wasn't a brat either. He didn't grew up in a strict household, in fact it was very warm and welcoming, still is. He had an amazing and very successful parent, who taught him how to live well and humble. 

Lee Soo Hyuk grew up knowing what failure can bring but also what success will give. He wasn't a cold-hearted person too. He was surrounded by helpful and thoughtful maids and perhaps butlers/assistants. His classmates were nice to him, but he also wasn't dumb. 

He knew very well when someone was just gold-digging him. He learned as he grew up as to who were the real people were to him. People who loved him for who he was and is; humble, modest, sarcastic, witty, intelligent, gullible, honest, hardworking, playful, bipolar and quite the hot-temper. And those people still remains to be his friends up to this day, also living a succesful life.

Hong Jong Hyun as an international model. Lee Chaerin or CL as a Fashion Designer and Art Director of CL Gallery. Kwon Ji Young aka GD as a world-wide famous Composer, and Producer. And Lee So Hyuk, as the Vice-President of the famous LN Company. 

For short, Lee So Hyuk got everything he needed and wanted in his life just like his friends. But there is one thing the four doesn't share as whole: Love Life, Jong Hyun is currently dating a model down in France, and they've been together for four years now. GD and CL, though it took some years for them to realize how they really felt for each other, and that it wasn't just sibling-love or best-friend-love, they're engaged. As for Lee So Hyuk, after his break-up with Go Jun Hee six years ago, he lived with a non-existing love life. 

Of course, just because he continues to live his life like that, the man is one charming-eye-candy. Anyone can find handsome and charming, hot man in the model world and music business... but it is quite rare to find one in the business world. But although Soo Hyuk isn't the cold-hearted director as he seem to be, he is very distant with people. Can he be blame? He focused so much with just his best friends, ex-girlfriend, and dream that he didn't bother being other people. He's just simply shy.

"Director-nim," an officer called him. Soo Hyuk turns around with a flashing slight-smile while drinking his coffee, and the officer herself is simply swooned and stutter with her words. "Um... Uhhh... Uh, someone has visited you in your office." Soo Hyuk smiles and nods, heading towards his office. As soon as he's gone, the officer takes a deep breath.

Soo Hyuk opens the door of his office and smiles at the sight of Jong Hyun sitting on his office chair. "Yah, who told you to sit comfortably wherever you are?" Soo Hyuk jokes. 

Jong Hyun stands up and handshake with his bro, "Man~ Been awhile since I've seen you. Still flashy huh?" Soo Hyuk laughs, "What's that suppose to mean?" The two snickers and take a sit at the couch area of the room, Soo Hyuk starts to pour some tea for his friend who just talks, "When was the last time I didn't see you wear formal clothings? ... Ah, was it three years ago when you had to model for CL's Line?" Soo Hyuk laughs.

"It was because you suddenly got sick. I had no choice but to replace since you and I pretty share the same size in everything," Soo Hyuk tells Jong Hyun who replies with, "Not anymore we do. You got buffer." Jong Hyun pokes Soo Hyuk's biceps. Soo Hyuk laughs and pushes Jong Hyun's hand away. "What? Instead of catching fishes in your sea, you're in your pent house just working out? Man, get a girl." 

Soo Hyuk shook his head with a smile. "You're freaking 26 years old. C'mon. Chae and Ji are getting married soon and I will be proposing to Veniya soon---" "Oh? You are?" "Yes. I'm proposing to her. But dude that's not the point right now. Look at YOU! You're stinking single! How can a man like you be single?!" 

Soo Hyuk laughs again, "Let me be dude. Love sure comes slowly." 

Jong Hyun shake his head, "there's a difference between waiting and blocking."

Just then, his office's phone starts ringing. It's Soo Hyuk's dad, the President of LN Company; Mr. Lee Nam Hyun. Since, it's been awhile since Jong Hyun has come to visit, Mr. Lee wants to meet him as well. These two has been friends since elementary, while CL and GD has been friend with them since High School. And the four of them has been together ever since. 

 

.

.

.

 

The two walks towards the elevator when suddenly Soo Hyuk got a phone call from a client and have to take it. Jong Hyun heads up by himself and greets Mr. Lee. The two suddenly have a talk about a lot of things. 

"That's great. Those two will for sure have an amazing life ahead of them," Mr. Lee says in regards to CL and GD's engagement. "But you my boy, I'm glad you're also planning on getting married! This is amazing~" then he sigh. "If only, I can say the same thing with my boy." Jong Hyun sigh with him. 

"Exactly. No matter what I tell him, he doesn't find romance or getting a girl important anymore," Jong Hyun tells Mr. Lee, who nods in agreement. "If only Jun Hee didn't cheat on him," he added. 

Mr. Lee sigh but smile, patting Jong Hyun in the back, "It's not Jun Hee's fault." He sigh heavily again, "Soo Hyuk is 26 years old, without a love life... That's not normal anymore, especially these day." 

Jong Hyun nods but then suddenly a light bulb lit up in his head. "Oh! Abonim! I have a plan!" Usually, it shouldn't be this casual with the old man but they're as close like father and son, and Jong Hyun knows very well how playful and goofy Mr. Lee can be. Sometimes it's a wonder between the friends who between Mr. Lee and Soo Hyuk is the adult and kid. But that's what they like about Mr. Lee, is that he's outgoing,,, if not, Soo Hyuk would probably cold and strict just as he is. 

"What's you plan kid?" Mr. Lee asked, enthusiasm in his eyes. 

Jong Hyuk leans forward and whispers, "Since you guys are very rich in status, why don't we do this very cliche thing they do in dramas~" Mr. Lee tilts his head in confusion. Jong Hyun continues, "Y'know those dramas Mrs. Lee watches in television, where they make their one and only son or daughter do an arrange marriage?" 

Mr. Lee lit up, very brightly. "Ah! YES! Let's do this. Since I'm sincerely concern about my child's disinterest towards romance, I will be the father who will force him to do an arrange marriage with a girl of my choice. Just the announcement of it, it'll trigger something in Soo Hyuk."

"Ohh! Like he'd disagree and starts looking for a girlfriend!" Jong Hyun added.

Mr. Lee nods in excitment, "Yes~" But their party is cut off by Soo Hyuk's arrival and the two tries to remain calm and stable at the thought of it. 

 

.

.

.

 

After their dinner and everything else they did, Jong Hyun slept over and two days passed. After that two days, Jong Hyun had to go back to France to his girlfriend. Just then, the Lee calls for a family meeting. Dinner comes and the little sister appears, Lee Soo Yae (18) and a freshman at Seoul University, majoring in Design. The four of them sits around the table in silence, well Soo Yae taking the lead in talking and Soo Hyuk just snickering at his little sister's non-stop ranting about everything. 

Finally, while they eat dessert. Mr. Lee goes to the point:

"Soo Hyuk there's something I'd like to discuss with you," Mr. Lee said.

"What is it?" he asked politely. 

Mr. Lee gulps then proceeds, "I made an appointment for you to meet YB Resort Company Inc, this upcoming Wednesday." Soo Yae shots up, knowing what the company is. 

"OMO! YB Resorts! They have the greatest resorts ever in the world!" Soo Yae enthusiastically says. Mr. Lee nods with a smile.

Soo Hyuk a little shock starts to talk, "Don't the YB family rarely makes negotiations or compromises with other company especially companies like ours who manages hotels internationally?" 

Mr. Lee nods, "Yes."

"So how did you get their permission or time?" Soo Hyuk asks curious. Mr. Lee makes eye-contact with him and seriously said, "Because I've arrange you to meet their daughter, the heiress of YB Resort." 

Silence in the table. Soo Hyuk stares at his father bewildered. Soo Yae mouthdrops then alter gasps. "APPA! Omo! You're making Oppa go through arrange marriage?! Why?!" 

Mr. Lee sighed, "after hearing Jong Hyun's news, I start to wonder about Soo Hyuk's future. Since he isn't interested in romance or finding a girl for himself, I thought I should do it myself." Mrs. Lee looks at Soo Hyuk and say, "we're saying this for your own good Soo Hyuk-ah."

Soo Hyuk stares at his dessert and thinks deeply. Soo Yae looks at her big brother and then her dad. "Oppa... tell appa, you don't need an arrange marriage and that you can get a girl on your own." Mr. Lee agrees to Soo Yae in his head but must keep his act together. 

Soo Hyuk looks up and asks, "how old is she?" 

Mr. Lee was surprise but answers calmly, "well... she's the eldest, so she's around your age." Soo Hyuk's nods, "Alright." Silence. Mr. Lee starts to kind of panic, "You don't have to agree if you don't want to. If you say yes to this meeting, everything is settled. You cannot back down." 

"Appa, isn't it just a meeting! So why can't oppa back down?" Soo Yae whines. 

"Because, the YB family are very strict. This is their first agreement to arrange marriage since years ago. So they're giving Soo Hyuk till Wednesday to answer. If he agrees to meet, it's settle. This is the old-traditional way of arrange-marriage," Mrs. Lee explains. 

"Omma, how do you know about this?" Soo Yae asked. Mrs. Lee sighed heavily, "Go watch old dramas." Soo Yae pouts. 

Mr. Lee asks Soo Hyuk again one last time if he's certain he wants to meet but the boy only said, "Since you are right appa... and Jong Hyun got me thinking as well... Since I can't find myself my own romance, might as well take the other road around."

"Falling in love is a way for a happy life that's why you're happy when your dreams came true," Mr. Lee tells him, panicking... he didn't expect this boy to suddenly response like this. Soo Hyuk looks at his father sincerely and nods. "I will contact them tomorrow myself and tell them of my response." 

Soo Hyuk stands up and leaves the room. Soo Yae follows her oppa. While Mr. and Mrs. Lee exchange looks, "seems that we aren't as good actors compare to the ones in tv." Mrs. Lee laughed. Mr. Lee just shook his head, "He had at least three days to decide and he gives his final answer tomorrow... This is not what I planned." 

"So you really did the appointment?" Mrs. Lee asked her husband, suddenly concerns. 

Mr. Lee nods. "I met Mrs. Yoo at a meeting the other day and we were talking about these kind of topics and it just happened." Mrs. Lee smack her husband on the shoulder, "Idiot. So this "suppose-to-be- arrange-marriage" joke of a plan of yours... becomes real?!" Mr. Lee nods, "I didn't expect him to just suddenly agree like that! I was expecting him to oppose!" 

Mrs. Lee growls, "look at what you've done!" 

Mr. Lee shield himself, "What? I was certain Soo Hyuk would disagree and the meeting will never happen!"