The Beginning of the End

Fairytale

Once upon a time, the king of roses lived in the forest with his lovely wife. He looked over the most magnificent and beautiful rose bushes on the earth. The forest had been their home for centuries but a band of monkeys had recently come to occupy their part of the forest.

The monkeys having no appreciation for beauty, would ruthlessly plunder the bushes of its roses. The king was very anguished to see his subjects under attack but was helpless to protect them.


One day, a prince came riding by and saw the bushes decorated with beautiful roses. He decided then and there that he wanted the roses to adorn his castle gardens. He approached the king of roses with an invitation, to come and live with him at his palace gardens. Happy at such an offer and anxious to escape the menace of the monkeys, the king agreed to relocate to palace gardens as per the request from the prince.


The prince was the most handsome in the whole land. There were many pretty maidens, including princesses that were eager to marry the prince. One day to woo prince into marrying her a witch came to the castle. She went around the castle grounds when she was told that the prince was out for a walk.


While she was looking for the prince, she came across the rose bushes, the one that included the king and queen of roses. Enamored by the beauty of the rose, the witch attempted to pick one. At that moment the prince arrived and cautioned the witch against plucking the queen of roses. Disliking the playful manner in which the prince had spoken to her, the witch ignored his advice and attempted to pluck the rose. She pulled her hand in haste when she felt a sharp sting. Blood oozed out of the witch's hand and she swore in pain. A thorn had pierced the witch protecting the queen from harm. Seeing the witch hurt after ignoring his advice, the prince burst into laughter.


The witch was known to be short tempered who did not take any insult kindly. When the prince, she had set her eyes on derided her and dismissed her, she flew into range. She cursed the prince turning him into a beast. She told him that only true love of a maiden held the power to transform him back. In an instant the handsome prince turned into a hideous monster.


After cursing the prince, the witch turned her attention to the offending roses. She cursed the king and queen of roses that they would reign over a sickly kingdom and the fabled roses that the king boosted of will never grow and die before full blossom. The price of piercing and embarrassing the witch was that their yet to be born son will pay with his life.


It will be the sacrifice of the rose prince of his life that would help bring the true love to the castle and free not only the prince from his curse but also the rose kingdom.

 

 

I hope the fic finally made sense with the prequel.

Kyuhyun is a rose and siwon is his protector, a thorn.

I have said the story from the perspective of the rose from the fairytale ‘Beauty and the Beast’.

So how many of you guessed it?

Put in some comments and let me how the fic was.