The Ending

Fairytale

 

The grey clouds had parted and the sun had once again come out in its full brilliance. Siwon glanced at kyuhyun who had got caught in the drizzle. He stood mesmerized on how few drops of rain had that settled on his deep scarlet hair shone dazzlingly. It felt as if he was wearing a diamond crown.

Kyuhyun always looked dashing after he was drenched in rain. It was siwon's guilty pleasure, a secret that he will carry to his grave, he absolutely loved seeing a wet and drenched kyuhyun. The way he looked. God! The way he looked was stuff of dreams, in his case wet dreams.

But he never let out what he felt. It was not his place to do so. He was to protect him and be with him, his job did not entitle having a relation with kyuhyun.

Ever since kyuhyun was young, siwon was entrusted with the responsibility of his security. It was an added bonus that siwon himself was barely older than kyuhyun. So, they both basically grew up together.

Since siwon was with him since the beginning, he saw the transformation that kyuhyun underwent through all these years. With age, kyuhyun had transformed from a wild kid into a mature and elegant individual. After all, he was groomed to watch over and protect the prodigy; and make sure that less than worthy individuals do not get close to the crown prince.

Though kyuhyun looked strong and self-assured now, he was not always like this. There were times when he was just a confused kid unsure of his place in the world. He would often not understand the gravity of the post he held, or more like was groomed from the moment of his birth.

He was loved by everyone. After all, there are very few who could not love the person who is fated to bring peace and stability to their lives. Ever since the prophecy that culminated by his birth, kyu who should have been treated as a precious jewel was more often looked upon at like the sacrificial goat. He was taken care off, all his whims and fancies fulfilled, everything was performed as they were doing it for someone who is not going to be with them for long. Their love or respect towards kyuhyun was always colored by prophecy.

Though the villagers could say that they were merely paying respect to the ‘Child of Prophecy’, siwon knew that they were merely making sure that the prophecy goes forward without any hitch, for their future depended on the fulfillment of the prophecy.

Being the ‘Child of Prophecy’ did not mean that everyone was eager to please him. There were others, not from his village that took pride in harassing the kids from his village, even kyu was not spared. It was here when siwon stood between kyu and his attackers.

Siwon showed the would-be attackers that they cannot harm kyuhyun and that he would fight till the end to ensure his safety. Many a time the fights were bloody, siwon would find satisfaction only after he saw blood trickling down the attackers and his own hand soiled by their crimson liquid. He was not a very violent person with a blood lust, but when it came to kyu, no one else mattered.

Siwon has always loved the crimson color that crowned kyuhyun and he had on many occasions been vocal about his fondness, not only for the crimson crown but kyuhyun in general. Every time siwon confessed on how beautiful kyuhyun looked, the other would blush in pretty pink color and brush away his confession as flattery.

Kyuhyun knew that he was merely being raised as a sacrificial lamb to undo the curse on his village. But he never held any grudges against anyone, neither for his parents nor for his village folk. He had come to terms with the fact that it was he who would free the others from the curse, so his existence was one that of a hero. So he would never shed any tears for his fate as he was not afraid of his doom. He had embraced his destiny, yet there was one thought that kept him from fully immersing himself, into the path that was written for him.

But there was always a part of him that ached, because even though he accepted his fate, what he couldn't fully accept that was this fate kept him away from the one he loved.

He had known siwon since he was very young. He was always beside him and there was something in the way he viewed kyuhyun. Admiration, awe and even envy were often directed at him and from a very young age he knew that all the emotions directed at him stemmed from the fact that he was the 'chosen one'. No one bothered on knowing who the real kyuhyun was, all they were interested to know was that he was the ‘choose one’.

Being surrounded by people who claimed to be well-wishers, kyuhyun was lonely. It was then he distinguished the fake from the real. Siwon was not merely there for him because it was his duty to protect him, he was there because he wanted to be close to him. He had often caught the older staring at him with eyes full of love. He never saw an ulterior motive behind those onyx orbs, only genuine love.

Siwon looked at him as if he was the most precious person to him on the planet; he always treated kyuhyun with love and above all with respect. For him, kyuhyun was not a sacrificial lamb who was going to be the answer to the evil that plagued the village. He was someone who, if he had met under different circumstances, he would have gladly made him his own.

As the destined time was coming closer, all siwon could do was watch over kyuhyun. Being so near to him, that he was almost an extension of him, siwon could not hug kyu for comfort. In fact, all kind of physical touches were not allowed. Rules were never a deterrent to siwon when it came to kyuhyun but, maybe the creator himself wanted distance between the two. Hence, they could not be together no matter how much they wanted it. Siwon was kyuhyun's protector and he was to remain so till the very end.

While siwon spend his days in wishful thinking, he spotted someone approaching them. One glimpse and he knew who he was.

There were countless roses in the garden but ignoring the others, the man walked towards the most majestic blood rose he had ever seen in his life. All it took was a gentle snipe and the rose now no longer decorated the bush. The man was glad he had finally found the perfect gift for his daughter, while he was busy admiring the beauty of the rose, he felt a prick. A thorn had torn into his skin causing blood droplets to flow. The blood decorated the thorn and it too was now a glorious crimson like the rose that he had so loved but had failed to protect. Even in death they will be with each other. So what if they cannot hold each other? They will die doing what they were destined to do. After all they were merely feeble puppets in the hands of fate.

 

When siwon first felt the stirrings of his heart due to kyuhyun he spoke to an elder about it. The elder was close to both him and kyuhyun and so was thought to be the apt person to advise the lovesick siwon.

Siwon wanted to know if he could pursue kyuhyun, but the elder had curtly said no. He said that it was his job to keep the uncouth and rough people like him away from the gentle and delicate kyuhyun. When siwon started weeping at the harsh words that were spoken to him, the elder then soften his stand. He said that siwon and kyuhyun were not meant to be together, the fates would not allow it to happen. At that juncture, siwon realized that if he was destined to be near kyuhyun but not be with him, it suited him fine. He was thankful at least the fate did not completely severed him from kyuhyun. He was that kind of person, who always tried to find the silver lining, yet there was a single subject that siwon could not put a positive spin on.

 

 

Ahhh…so any guesses what the story is all about. You can tell me in your comments.

If you did not get it, I will post a sort of sequel to it that will shed light on the whole fic. A back story if you may…

Comment, Upvote, Subscribe