Final

Stupid Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungah was embraced by the warmth of her room as soon as she stepped in. It had been a long day and her apartment in the student lodge couldn't have felt more like haven for her. 

He likes someone else. She  thought to herself as she stared at the ceiling, dry-eyed. She didn't cry. 

She couldn't. Because what was the point in crying when there was no one there to comfort you? and what was worse, when you couldn't even comfort yourself?

Her mind drifted back off to the day's events. Her heart lurched at the thought of Oh Sehun hugging another girl.

He likes someone else. He likes someone else. she chanted over and over again as if she were trying to hypnotise herself with this assumption.

Why did puberty do him so well? Why must he be even hotter than before now? Why in the world didn't she see the manly potential in him? 

She ran a hand through her auburn locks and sighed. 

She was in college now and surprisingly, he entered the same one. Oh Sehun had confessed to her once, in high school. And when she had rejected him, she thought that things would change, that his feelings would change. From the episode that happened today, it seemed like his feelings did change. 

But his weren't the only ones that did. 

 

"Han Jungah, how could you be so stupid to reject him? Damn it." she pounded her bed with a fist as she jerked up into a sitting position. 

She ruffled her tousled hair and screamed into her pillow. She sighed and dazedly looked out the window. 

That ing room. Why must he live in that ing room, damn it! He lives next door to me here, he lives next door to me at home. I have the most rotten luck. You've been the stupidest neighbour I've ever had since kindergarten Oh Sehun.

"Jung, Sehun is here to see you!" Her roommate shouted from outside.

"Tell him to off." She muttered under her breath as she lay down on the bed and covered her eyes with an arm.

"Jungah!"

"I'm coming, woman! Geez." She rolled her eyes before changing into a pair of denim shorts and a tank top.

"Han Jungah!"

"I'M NOT DEAF! For God's sake." Jungah shouted as she trudged out the door. Her roommate pointed to the front door and the former huffed in annoyance. 

Jungah swung it open and glared at his stoic expression. 

"Ew the are you. Get off my corridor." her face contorted in fake disgust the moment she met his eyes. She shoved the door close but his reaction was too quick. He blocked the door with his hand and foot and jerked it open with his brute strength. 

"I need help."

"Hell yeah you do. The clinic," She pointed over his shoulder and smiled bitterly. "is that way."

He rolled his eyes and grabbed hold of her hand. "Jungah, I have no time for jokes."

She looked down at his tightened grip around her wrist. And her eyes darted back up to his, noticing the grim expression on his face.

"Okay, fine. What?"

"My sister is dying."

"And?"

"Take me there."

"Take you where?"

"Hospital."

"Now? Why didn't you tell me in advance? I have plans—"

"She has Leukaemia. How the was I supposed to know when she'd be on her death bed?"

"Sehun—"

"Take me there. Please." he sighed as his eyes pleaded her to accept his request. She stared at him silently for a few seconds before she finally relented and grabbed her jacket from behind the door. 

"Fine." 

~

JUNGAH

"Sehun—"

"She's in the ICU." Sehun spoke as he dragged her along with him. 

"Sehun, I'm—"

"Jungah walk faster." 

"Sehun!" I stopped as I pulled my arm away from his grasp.

"Go. I'll wait outside."

"No... I need you to come in with me." He grabbed my hand again and my heart fluttered. 

 

I'm not supposed to show him that I like this. I'm not supposed to show him that I like him.

 

I shook my head to clear out my thoughts and silently followed his lead. 

We finally arrived at the ICU and I felt how Sehun tightened his grip on my hand. I looked up at his face. His eyebrows were creased, his eyes were unfocused and his lips were cracked more than usual. I gently let go of his hand and patted his back. 

"Go."

He looked down at me before nodding. I watched from the glass window as he ran to his sister's side and hugged her tight. She smiled weakly at her brother before her eyes flickered over to me.

She beckoned me to come in and I shook my head with a smile. Sehun gave me a pleading look and once again, I relented. 

"Hello Mr and Mrs Oh," I greeted his parents and they returned the gesture with a nod of their heads. I turned my attention to the girl in front of me whom I used to play with as a child.

"Hi beautiful." I whispered as I clasped her hand with mine.

"Jungah..." she breathed.

"You're a good person." I smiled as I ran a free hand over her cheek.

"Back at you.." she smiled weakly. She motioned for me to come closer and I did.

"Please, take care of my parents. And Sehun for me... he can be, quite problematic sometimes.." she whispered into my ear. 

"I....can't—" I started but she cut me off.

"Please, Jungah. It's my last wish."

I was robbed of speech. How could I? We were barely related. I couldn't just do that. 

But since it was her last wish, I nodded and forced a smile before I gently put my arms around her in an embrace.

"I'll try, unnie." I spoke before I handed her back over to her family.

~

 

I leaned against the wall as I watched her interact weakly with her family members. 

The heart rate monitor suddenly started beeping faster and the family members were in a state of panic. Sehun flung himself out of the room and shouted for the doctors. In a matter of minutes the quiet room was in hustle and bustle. I watched how Sehun tightly held onto his sister's hand as she breathed through her oxygen mask. 

Her eyes met mine and she blinked twice. I nodded and put a hand to my heart. Her eyes started to droop and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter