Not Really a Call-Me-Maybe

Call Me Maybe

You have no idea how many times I wrote and re-wrote the plot of this story T-T There are like 5 different plots until it came to this one. I hope you enjoy the result of my sufferring. Lol.

WARNING:
1. OOC-NESS. LOL. Of course.
2. THE TITLE HAS NO CONNECTION WHATEVER WITH THE STORY. LOL.

I am so thankful to you, my dear subscribers, who wait for this story in the longest time so patiently. Even voting when there's nothing but foreword. Thank you very much! And special thanks to riejathorn who helped me to find idea of the ending AND BETA-ing this story. What would this story become without you?

And I want to apologize beforehand if this story turned out lame or disappointing you. I hope it is not TwT

---

Kim Minseok was not your ordinary high school student. He was cute, handsome, and even beautiful and hell, he knew it. Minseok knew many people, both girls and boys, liked him. So when his family had to move to another city due to his father's job, he wasn’t afraid. He knew he would get new friends fast. With a good appearance and witty personality like him, he knew people would naturally flock around him.

 

He was just a bit nervous when he first entered his new classroom. But after seeing his new classmates' warm reaction of his introduction, he knew he would be okay here. But when a late student came into his view with the name of Wu Yi Fan, tall, handsome, and full of perfect gummy smiles, he knew he was doomed. He fell in love too fast. Well he couldn't help it, so he just need to live with it. Besides, a cute and pretty human being like him deserved a perfection like Wu Yi Fan to be by his side. They'd make a very cute baby! (He knew it was impossible but he could dream.)

 

It wasn't hard to fit into the new environment. Wu Yi Fan who was his seatmate and liked to be called Kris, helped him a lot. Kris was an easy going boy with a lot of friends. Not like the other boys and girls who treated him as their subject of affection, Kris treated him like a friend (unfortunately). It gave Minseok a sense of security everytime he was near him.

 

After a week or two, Minseok made two friends that he considered as besties. The first one was Kim Junmyeon, a nerd in his class. It was a shock for the class since Minseok was the popular pretty boy and no one really wanted to befriend the awkward boy with an even more awkward shy smile.

 

Kim Junmyeon was always in the front corner near the class front door. No one really noticed him. And to be honest, if that Kim Junmyeon didn't blurted an intriguing comment about how girly Minseok's ddeokbokki coat (떡코) was (and got bashed by Minseok's manias in the class), Minseok wouldn't notice him either. But after weird heated argument at who was girlier than whom (Junmyeon's lunch box was pink and had a cute panda character on it!), Minseok decided that he wasn't bad as a friend and began to annoy the hell out of the nerd by dragging him to have lunch together or just anywhere, really. Minseok didn't even mind when Junmyeon dragged him to the library after school. It wasn't really his favorite place in the world. but being there was a nice change of pace. (And he could see Kris playing basketball from the library window.)

 

The other was, well, he met him accidentally. Yeah, we could say, he accidentally made a friend. Let's just say it was fate. He was walking alone to get a banana milk for himself and strawberry milk for Junmyeon (well, he was a good friend, Junmyeon couldn't go out of class because their history teacher asked him a favor) when suddenly a loud voice reached his ears. "HOLY PIZZA! WHAT IS THIS ROUND WHITE FLUFFY THING? WHERE DID YOU HIDE FROM ME ALL OF THIS TIME, CUTIE?" It was followed by a bone-crushing hug even before he could register what was happening. He almost got rib fractures from a deer-like man and it was almost traumatizing. If it wasn't for the fact that the deer human was extremely pretty and with cute sparkling eyes that Minseok couldn't help but adore, he would have definitely sued him for life-threatening action.

 

Well, the deer boy's name was Lu Han, same grade as him but different class. The boy seemed to like him. A LOT. (Later, he was the one who formed Minseok Mania Alliance. Their motto was 'Protect Minseok at all cost. All hail Prince Minseok!'. So embarrassing but he secretly liked it.) And surprisingly, the deer-like girly-faced boy was the captain of the school football team. Such a contradiction. (LuHan was Kris' middle school friend) and Minseok was prepared to interrogate needed infromation about the tall boy.

 

All and all, Minseok was enjoying his new school more than he expected. His problem was just one, how to get out from being friend-zoned by his crush. Since the first time he came to the new school and met him, Kris had been so good at treating him like a friend. I mean, he really treated our dear cutie baby Minseok as an ordinary friend. No more, no less. Heck! He wasn't even sure if Kris was even into guys! Well, he could change that. It wasn't a big deal. But the real deal was, he wasn’t making any progress.

 

Okay, not just one. There was another problem actually. That was how to get Kris to stop messing with his hair. He didn't know if the tall boy did it because he was mocking him that he could reach his head easily or he was just endeared by Minseok's overloaded cuteness and the softness of his hair and was completely addicted to it (he wished it was the later).  He knew how soft his hair was; he took care of his hair meticulously. And every morning he spent a half an hour to style up his hair perfectly; just to be a mess when Kris murdered his styled hair. What did his hair do wrong to that guy?!

 

(Two more problems actually, he failed his first English and Biology test quite miserably but it could wait. Let's just say he was bad at memorizing weird words.)

 

---

 

"So what do you guys think about Kris?" Minseok asked dreamily to his two friends. They were in the library. Today was Monday which meant Junmyeon's day. (Monday and Thursday were Junmyeon's days. Tuesday and Friday were LuHan's. Wednesday and Saturday were Minseok's.) They sat in Minseok's favorite spot and he was watching Kris played basketball outside the window down there while Junmyeon read a thick  book  and Lu Han was busy taking not-so candid pictures of him from different angles. The football team captain wasn't being discreet about it. Junmyeon looked up from his book and Lu Han stopped taking photo.

 

"Isn't he handsome," he muttered still in dreamy tone. His eyes never left the man in the basketball court outside.

 

"Why? Why Kris?" Lu Han asked exaggeratedly with watery eyes. Junmyeon didn't seem to be as surprised as him.

 

"Why not Kris?" the chubby boy asked lazily.

 

Lu Han pouted then looked at Junmyeon to ask help but the latter ignored him by reading his book again. Damn nerd.

 

"Well..nothing. Ha ha," the deer boy laughed awkwardly. "But I don't know what to say about Kris. If you say he is handsome, I guess he is. But, aren't I handsome too?" he asked excitedly.

 

Minseok turned his head to his chirpy friend then checked on him from head to chest, the anatomy that he could see from the sitting boy.

 

"Yes. You're handsome. More  pretty, but handsome." He praised and gave his friend a smile.

 

Lu Han looked so touched with the compliment and cried happily inside his handkerchief. "No one ever told me I was handsome. You are the first. Thank you, Minseok. I'll always remember today."

 

"Do you think he’ll freak out if I suddenly confess to him?" Minseok asked with sparkling.

 

"Maybe," Lu Han answered. / "Yes," Junmyeon answered.

 

"How encouraging." He muttered sourly.

 

"I never known Kris to date anyone so I’m not sure. Many girls like him. But this is the first time I’ve heard of a guy liking him." Lu Han informed.

 

"Well, I can try to win him." He said with so much hope and confidence.

 

He thought up a lot of plans at home, and liked the idea of direct confession better. But Kris just thought of him as a friend so a confession could scare him away and their friendship would go 'poof', gone. So he needed to kindle a fire of affection in his seatmates heart, a single spark would do.

 

He needed to get to know the taller boy. It was stupid of him for saying that he liked the boy but in fact he knew nothing about him. So he decided to do some research first.

 

Minseok didn't know where he lived so he did his research ever since Kris was at school. For some reason, he always came late every Tuesday and Friday.  Kris excelled in English and P.E. Maybe he could ask Kris to tutor him in English next time. Not now. He had other things on his mind; the work of learning anything and everything about him was ten times more important than studying.

 

He never brought a lunch box. Opting instead for buying a ham or tuna sandwich and a cola from the cafeteria.  Minseok frowned on his unhealthy choices and thanked every fangirl of the basketball team who occasionally brought him a lunch box. As much as Minseok wanted to make a lunch box for his beloved,but he knew better chances were he’d get food-poisoned. Minseok and the kitchen were worst enemies.

 

After school, Kris had a club activity. Basketball, of course. And usually Minseok would ogle from the library at every Junmyeon's day. But right now he was ogling closer. Among the basketball fangirls, Minseok was hiding, complete with his hideous disguise that actually got him more suspicious looks from the audience there than the purpose of not getting noticed. He could care less. Kris was running around the court less than ten meters from him and sweaty and omo! Was that bare tummy Minseok was seeing? OMG! OMG! WuFan was looking at his direction with that y worried expression!!! The girls were screaming wildly. Minseok would too if he wasn’t undercover. But why the girls were running away? He needed them to hide- BAM!

 

A huge orange ball was the last thing he saw before his surrounding turned black.

 

---

 

Minseok flickered open his eyes quickly and immediately regretted it as dizziness attack his head. He groaned in pain because his skull  felt like splitting open. There was a pack of ice cubes on his forehead. After three minutes of misery, his brain started to work again and he looked around to find out that he was in the infirmary.

 

He tried to remember what had happened but maybe he shouldn't.

 

“Ugh” minseok moaned.Now he remembered and he was embarrassed. When he was still drowning in self pity, the curtain was open and the school nurse greeted him.

 

"How do you feel, Student Kim?" she asked. There was a smile in the corner of her lips. He guessed she knew how he ended here.

 

"Horrible. I want to put my head off." He replied with a pout. The nurse smiled.

 

"Don't worry. You just need to rest and compress your head." He nodded while jutting out his lower lip.

 

"Now you better go home and rest. The school is already closed ten minutes ago." He nodded again shifting on the bed to get down.

 

"What are you doing?" she asked as if it was not clear that he had to go to his class to pick his belongings and went home.

 

"Get my bag and go home?" he was unsure of himself.

 

"You just wait here. Student Wu is getting your bag and will send you home."

 

Student Wu was Kris, right? How many student in this school who had a 'Wu' as a family name?

 

"Ah! You are awake, Minseok-ah!" The said Student Wu's voice reached his ears and he looked up to see his crush carrying two bags. One was his own and the other was his. That gummy smile was showing again and Minseok almost melted.

 

"Wu-ssi was the one who took you here and being a worried wreck since you weren't waking up. He is so nice, hmm?"

 

Kris blushed. Minseok thought how cute he was. Blushing because of the nurse’s compliment.

 

"No! It is nothing. Minseok is my classmate after all. Let's go, Minseokie. Thank you, Song-sonsaengnim."

Kris grabbed his sleeve and dragged him out of the infirmary. His steps were long and Minseok had trouble to keep up.

 

"Kris, slow down. Do you forget that I am a dwarf?" he whined sulkily. But it was successfully got the tall man stopped and laughed a little.

 

"I'm sorry, Minseok-ah." He apologized. He released his hand from the shorter's sleeve (so much for Minseok's dismay) then started to walk in a more comfortable pace. "Are you feeling okay?"

 

"Well, better than several minutes ago. And umm, thank you, Kris." He said shyly. How could he let the boy see him in such a bad state? Minseok wanted to hide and disappear.

 

Kris laughed lightly while ruffling his hair. This person sometimes! Oh well it probably didn’t look that great anyway after being passed out on that bed.

 

"It's really nothing, Minseok-ah. But what were you doing there? I don't know you are interested to basketball."

He wasn't. He was just interested to a certain basketball player. But of course he couldn't say that. Not now. So he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Just wanted a breath of fresh air" He said thoughtlessly.

"But what with this?" Kris took out something from his pocket. It was his disguise. A cracked pair of sunglasses and a black masker. So he took it. He was wondering where his undercover evidence was.

"It was outdoor. The sun was hot, you know. I like to take care of my skin from that UV light." He reasoned. Which was stupid to be honest. Everyone knew Minseok was an outdoor type of person. Although he didn't join any club, but he was very good at sports. And he absolutely had no problem with the sun before. But Kris just nodded and let it slip while giving him back his disguise.

"The sunglasses are broken."

"It's okay. A big ball hit it. It couldn't be helped."

"Your reflexes . The girls already ran to avoid the ball."

Minseok pouted.  His reflexes weren’t the problem. A certain someone distracted him.And damn! He couldn't say it!

A finger pushed his pouted lips to flatten them. He gave the tall boy a bewildered look. While blushing. Kris' finger was on his lips for goodness sake!

"Don't pout."

"W-why?" Oh God. He stuttered again. Long time no see, stutter.

"Just don't. You look stupid."

"Yah! I am cute! You just don't understand!" He threw his broken sunglasses to the giant boy while the latter avoided it while laughing.

"You stupid! Go home yourself! I’m leaving!" he shouted while pushing his crush away and walked sulkily at his home direction. He wondered why he was even crushing on him.

But then there was a weight on his shoulders. An arm. Minseok glared at the culprit.

"Don't be so tensed, Minseokie. I know you are cute. Now let me take you home you had a rough day, alright ?" the tall boy said easily. Minseok just puffed his cheek sulkily but let the other boy him home. His heart was actually doing somersaults along the way because Kris just said he was cute and that arm never left his shoulders until they arrived at his house.

Kris bid him goodbye and walked away, but not before the last ruffle on his hair for that day. In the end it seemed like Kris learned more about him than he had about Kris. He even knew where he lived now and he was stuck with no information compared to that.

---

His research hadn't come to an end yet. He had to know where Kris lived. So he skipped the close-distance fanboying on the basketball court and focused more to his plan to follow him home. He was a bit traumatized by that orange ball banging his face after all. Damn it. Now he had a painful ugly bump on his forehead that forced him to style his hair down. Or actually, he didn't style it at all. If he styled his hair up, his black and blue forehead would show. So he thought some days of unstyled hair was better.  Kris played with his hair more often now that he had his hair down. That brat! His hair wasn't a toy!

Well he forgave him since he was his crush. He couldn't lie that he was kind of enjoying the skinship that seemed reserved just for him. He never saw Kris playing with other boys' hair. Moreover girls. So at least there was something special about him for the taller boy although it was just his hair. He started to consider that he wasn’t friend-zoned, and instead brother-zoned. Did he think of him as a cute little brother who needed protection? He didn't know which was worse.

Back to topic about following Kris home. Why was he thinking about his hair again?

Okay. Really, really back to the mission this time. For real. So he was ready to follow his target. The previous days he was mopping about his pitiful forehead to Junmyeon and Lu Han. Now that he finally had  time.

He saw Kris came out from the club room with one of his clubmates, walking to the school gate. Minseok followed carefully. He was sure his crush and his friend didn't notice him and kept talking so animately that he wanted to push that friend away from the taller boy.

It was just 5 meters away from the school gate and-

"Minseok-oppa!" a girl's voice called him. He saw Kris and his friend looked at him before he begrudgingly turned to the girl who was calling him.

"Yes?" Despite he was annoyed from being disturbed, he gave the girl a sweet smile.

"This! This is for you! Please read it!" She s a pretty pink envelope to him. He accepted it hesitantly.

"Uh, thank you. I'll read it." He smiled again to the girl who bowed thankfully at him before she ran.

He looked at the letter in his hand and sighed. He had a problem with his own love life and yet here he was getting a love letter. From a girl, nonetheless.

"What a cute girl." Lu Han suddenly appeared next to him. "Poor thing. Her sights are set on someone who already has a pathetic crush on the school's sweetheart."

"Shut up, Han." He pouted while elbowing the football player's side.

"Then stop being a cute baby, baozi~! Everyone wants a bite of you~." He said as he hugged the shorter boy playfully and tickled his side punishingly.

"Ahaha, stop! Stop it!" He couldn't hold his laughter as Lu Han tickled him mercilessly.

"Call me Lu-ge first, then I’ll release you." He ordered evilly.

"No!!!" He answered between neverending laughter. Although Minseok didn't know Mandarin that well, he at least knew what Lu Han wanted him to say. And there was no way he’d call him that.

But Lu Han didn't give up and tickled him more to the point it wasn't fun but painful.

"Okay, okay, Lu-

Before he could finish the word, suddenly he was separated from LuHan's evil hands by a huge ones. Both midgets were quite shocked and stared at their owner. Wu Yi Fan.

"Are you okay, Minseokie? Why are you bullying him, Lu Han?" Kris gave the football player a disapproving look. Both friends looked at each other in confusion.

"I'm sorry?" Lu Han said unsurely. "But we are just joking, you know. Like how puppies playing with their friends." Minseok rolled his eyes at his friend's lame comparison. Kris looked unimpressed.

"I'll take you home, Minseokie." WuFan said casually as he put a hand on his shoulder then guided him away, leaving the confused pretty deer alone. Fortunately Junmyeon joined him later.

"You don't have to. I'm no longer sick. I can go home by myself." And he was supposed to follow the tall boy home, not the other way around.

"I just want to protect you from bullies." Minseok rolled his eyes.

"Lu Han is not a bully. You know that he’s my friend."

"But he forced you to call him 'ge'. Do you know what 'ge' means?"

"It was a joke! We were just joking. And yes, I know what 'ge' means. It means 'hyung'. What's wrong with me calling him hyung? It was a joke anyway."

"It’s not right! Why would you want to call him hyung?" Minseok sighed. Why? Why did he want to put up with this stupid giant? Why did he like him, again?

"What will you do about it?" Kris said, breaking the awkward silence. It was the first time actually, they had an awkward silence. Minseok looked at the other's hand that pointed at the letter in his hand.

"Reply it, of course." He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You'll accept her? Do you even know her?"

"No, I’m not going to, and, I don't know her. But I still have to reply to her feelings. She wrote this with her heart to me, right? So I’m grateful for it." He smiled at the letter. He was a bit angry at Kris so he refused to look him in the eyes. But his heart still beat fast when his big hand ruffled his hair as per usual.

"You are so kind, Kim Minseok. You think about other people's feeling so dearly." Minseok blushed at the compliment and hoped his crush wouldn't notice it. He kept looking down at the road.

"And you are so weird, Wu Yi Fan. You care and fuss over the weirdest things." Kris laughed at that.

---

Minseok stopped his research for Kris' address because he had been neglecting his friends, and his plans and schemes were always failing anyway. (Not that Lu Han and Junmyeon actually minded that he often left them for his failed stalking missions.)

The first try,  a girl proposed a love letter to him that got him noticed by his target.

Second try, he was stupidly step on a dog's tail and so he had to run for his life if he wanted his body stay intact.

The third try, Kris visited a friend's home and he had a curfew so he couldn't go home late. Who knew for how long Kris visited his friend.

The fourth try, a male senior confessed to him which he politely turned down. It was quite a pity, though. The senior was quite a catch. He was handsome and tall. Absolutely his style. But his heart was already preoccupied by a certain tall and handsome basketball player.

The fifth try, he was stopped by a bunch of his manias who wanted to spend time with him and he couldn't refuse. Lu Han was there too somehow. They ended up bowling.

The sixth try, he was almost a success but he lost Kris when a little boy, maybe a kindergarten student due to his cute lisp, suddenly hugged his legs and said that he liked him. He said his name was Oh Sehun and he wanted to marry him. He had to carefully talk to him that he already had someone he liked so the kid wouldn't cry.

The seventh try, he met Junmyeon halfway who forced him to accompany him to a bookstore. There was a book he really wanted to buy but was so expensive and he said he needed to borrow his face to get a discount since the owner was a creepy ajussi who liked pretty faces like him. He just had no more energy for the (8+n)th tries. He decided that he would eventually know where Kris lived when it was the right time.

"If you want to go to his house that bad, I can show you. I am Kris' friend too, you know." Lu Han said to him who was planting his face in the cafeteria table because of desperation. He immediately jumped in his chair while looking at the deerling.

"Why didn’t you ever tell me that you knew where he lives?" Minseok yelled, grabbing his shoulders and shaking the hell out of the poor deer boy's body.

"You never asked. And you never told us you wanted his address. I bet even Junmyeon knows where he lives. He is your class president, y’know?"

Minseok looked at Junmyeon this time,eyes wide.

"You’re the class president? I thought you were just a girly nerd who likes pandas and pink!" Junmyeon rolled his eyes.

"I am not girly. That pink panda lunch box was my little brother's. And I’m not the one who owns a pink pastel ddokbokki coat!"

"It is called fashion and Kris said I looked cute wearing it!"

"That's because he treats you like a girl!"

"Wait! He does?!"

"Well, actually I don't know but he seems to act like that to you." Junmyeon shrugged his shoulders carelessly.

He turned to look at Lu Han. "Do you think that I’m girly? Do you think Kris treats me like a girl?!" He wanted to cry. He liked Kris. But he wasn't a girl.

Lu Han felt a large sweat drop on his back. "Calm down, girls." Lu Han joked, and received double menacing looks from his two shorter friends.

"Minseok, Kris doesn't treat you like a girl, okay. He does treat you like his little brother though."

Hearing that he planted his face to the table again. Good. He had been right. He wasn't friend-zoned. He was brother-zoned.

"He hath ha witte wrothew? (He has a little brother?)" Minseok's question was mumbled by the table.

"His name is Wu Shi Xun, called Sehun in Korea. The last time I saw him he was a kindergartener. He is supposed to be an elementary student by now. He had cute lisp that time. I wonder if he still has it."

Minseok looked up at his talking friend. Sehun. Why that name was so familiar? And did he said lisp? He guessed he knew that kid. How could he miss that fact? Kris and Sehun had the same dying-fish eyes. Maybe Kris' house was near that area.

"Yes. He still has the lisp." He said nonchalantly.

"Eh, what?" Lu Han asked in surprise.

"Nothing."

---

"Junmyeon! Two days from now is Valentine Day!" Minseok announced excitedly.

"Yeah  So what?"  The other boy lifted his glasses to the crook of his nose.

"So we need to make a chocolate!" He stated the obvious.

"Excuse me? That is what a girl do for her boyfriend or crush. Why must I make a chocolate when I am not a girl nor do I have a crush?"

"Who cares if you are a girl or an alien. I am going to make chocolate for Kris. And,” Minseok continued “You have to make one for Lu Han." Minseok explained happily.

"I have sympathies for your heartbreaking one-sided love for Kris. But why do I have to make one for LuHan?" the younger boy asked back. Minseok frowned at how insensitive his best friend could be.

"If I have to make a chocolate for Kris then no one will make chocolate for Lu Han, and I am not confident enough to make more than one. So you have to help me to make one for Lu Han!" he explained patiently to his unromantic friend. Ah, love was still so far away for Junmyeon.

"I..don't see the logic at all. For your information, Lu Han could get the entire female population of this school to make him chocolate.Besides if I make one for Lu Han, who makes one for me?" Junmyeon frowned at the prospect.

"Duh, silly. Lu Han, of course." Junmyeon slapped his own face literally, and gave up with the stupid argument.

"Now shut up. We have to get Lu Han after his club activity then we will shop ingredients."

---

"I can't believe. I, the football team captain, am making chocolate. For a nerd. I don't mind not getting any from you by the way." Lu Han said while stirring his melted chocolate, following Junmyeon's instruction.

"Hey! I don’t want to do this either. Blame that stupid little fairy." Junmyeon spatted.

"Why are you two fighting? Fighting is bad, you know." Minseok said chirpily, getting bored stare from his two friends. But he ignored them. "I'm done stirring. What's next, Junmyeon?"

"Just pour it to the shaped tray then let them cooled down."

"Okay!"

Junmyeon sighed. He actually couldn't cook either. None of them could. He just read what was written in the recipe book Minseok bought. 'Making Chocolate for Dummies'. How clever. It was actually a really simple book. He bet even a kindergarten kid could follow it since it was complemented with pictures. It was just they were doing this cooking thing in his house. He didn't want his two stupid friends messing up the kitchen and then having to deal with his mother's wrath. Minseok almost made a wrong move from the start by burning his cooking chocolate directly to the fire. Did he think it was marshmallow?

He was extremely relieved when all of the chocolates were made quite safely. No a single utensil in his kitchen was damaged.

---

It was Valentine Day and Minseok was extremely nervous. When was the best time to give the chocolate to Kris? He was pondering all the time.

He was going to give it at lunch but he was surrounded by his own manias who gave their chocolates to him. Kris teased how popular he was. He stretched out his tongue playfully to the taller boy and got that brotherly hair-ruffle he started to hold a grudge to.

He couldn't give it to him after school either. The basketball's fangirls already made the team busy. Kris' hands were full of presents. Maybe after club? He could come to his house and give it there. He already gotten his address from Lu Han.

He spent his after school time with Lu Han and Junmyeon in the cafe he loved to visit since Kris had his club activity today. Today was Minseok's day. But somehow his two friends acted annoyingly lovey dovey.

"Are you guys dating or something?" Minseok asked lifting an eyebrow in question.

Junmyeon blushed while Lu Han laughed awkwardly. Minseok smiled endearingly at them.

"I still like you, Minseok! You will always be the star in my sky!" LuHan said suddenly. Minseok rolled his eyes and Junmyeon glared annoyedly at the deer male.

"But Junmyeon is my oxygen. I never realized how important he is to me because he was always next to me." Lu Han added happily like a drunkard while holding the blushing boy's hand gently.

Minseok laughed. "Oh, God, LuHan you are so cheesy! But congrats, you two. I'm happy for both of you."

"Thanks, Minseok. We wouldn't have met each other this fast if it wasn't for you. And we wouldn't realize our feelings this fast if it wasn't for those stupid chocolates you forced us to make." The football captain said.

"That's true," he replied confidently. The three of them laughed.

"I hope it is going well for you, too, baozi." Lu Han held his hand and gripped them a bit tighter to give him support. Junmyeon did the same to his other hand.

"Thank you, Lu Han. Thank you, Junmyeon. I'll do my best."

He felt a surge of confidence when he walked to Kris' house. The basketball player was supposed to be on his way home right now. He’d wait for him here, 10 meters away from Wu's residence and he would give this chocolate to his beloved. Then he would confess his feeling too. Then, although there was a possibility Kris would reject him, if he didn't, they would kiss and date. Then some years later they'd get married then had many cute children then...

Okay, that was going too far. He needed to give the chocolate to him first, at least.

There was someone coming from the crossway. Minseok's heart beat fast in anticipation but then-

"Sehun?" He saw the kid crying and he immediately ran to him. He kneeled in front of him so they were on the same eye level.

"Sehun? Why are you crying?" he asked gently wiping the tears from the younger boy’s cheeks.

Sehun opened his eyes to see him then launched himself to the high school student. The older boy let him cling to his chest and hugged the young boy, his back in comforting way.

"Minseok-hyung! They said I am not as good as WuFan-hyung! They said I am a bad boy. That was why no one gave me chocolate." The kid was crying in his chest. It was so cute. The problem was childish but he guessed it meant a lot to the kid. He wondered who the 'they' were. Were they his friends? Was Sehun getting bullied?

"Sehun, that's not true. You are handsome, even more handsome that your WuFan-hyung. And you are a smart boy. I know you are. You are a good boy, too." The little boy's cry started to subside.

"You think so?" he asked between sobs. Minseok smiled and kissed his red nose, making the boy blushed.

"I know so." The boy's face started to light up. It was so cute.

"So you don't get any chocolate today?" Sehun shook his head sadly.

"That's okay. It means you can receive a very special chocolate from me!" Minseok gave the chocolate that was supposed to be for Kris to Sehun.

"This is for me?" Sehun's eyes were sparkling in happiness.

"Of course that is for you. My chocolate is a special chocolate. I would only give it to a good kid." Why was he sounded like Santa here?

"Thank you, Minseok-hyung. You’re the best! I know I am not wrong to choose you as my bride." Minseok laughed.

"I'm so sorry, Sehun-ah. Hyung's heart is taken."

"I know. But come to me when your heart is already given back, hyung."

Minseok smiled. "I will."

"Ah! It is getting late! I have to come home! Do you want to come to my house, hyung? That is my house." He pointed at a 2-story house.

"Maybe next time. Hyung has to go home too."

"Oh, okay." Sehun said. He kissed his cheeks before ran to his house. "Bye, hyung!"

Minseok smiled while waving back. Then he looked at his wristwatch. It was surely getting late. Why hadn’t Kris come home yet? Did he come home earlier? Well he had no reason to meet him right now, did he?

He turned back, ready to go home but he saw Kris there. In the cross way. The tall boy walked closer to him and stopped right in front of him. Minseok was in hurry spinning his brain of an answer as why he was here, so close to his house. He couldn't say he wanted to give him chocolate when he had no chocolate except the gifts in him anymore. And he couldn't carelessly say he wanted to visit his house this late and they weren't that close of a friend too.

"I'll take you home." Kris said instead of asking him.

"Uh, you don't have to. You are just a step away from your house and-

"I'll take you home." Kris said again. Minseok pouted. Didn't he hear him? He walked faster to his home way leaving the giant.

"I am a strong and brave man. I can go home by myself. Thank you very much." He wondered why Kris treated him like a kid? He was a capable young man too. He was just short of height, that was all.

"I said I will take you home." He said stubbornly. It was easy for Kris to catch up with his (short) steps. Minseok let him. It wasn't like he could reject him completely.

They walked in silence. But unlike the previously awkward silence, this time it was a comfortable one. It wasn't weird at all. When they arrived at his house, as usual, Kris would smile that beautiful smile at him then ruffled his hair while saying goodbye. And Minseok was left with mixed feelings in his chest.

---

At this point, Minseok was almost giving up. Not on Kris. He just gave up doing the unnecessary things and just get the confession over and done with. But he really wanted this to work,he wanted Kris to like him in the same way. And to ensure it to be that way, he had to do those unnecessary things. But those unnecessary things he did never worked well. All he had in the end was Kris sending him home as if he was a kid that needed his mommy. If things kept going this way he was in trouble.

Lately he was doing nothing other than thinking, pondering the pros and cons of a direct confession. Or if he should do something again or what should he do? He was confused and desperate.

So he was thinking and thinking, while staring at his object of affection's face. Since he was thinking a lot he was staring a lot. He was staring with blank dreamy eyes. He was staring oh so blatantly even the teacher gave up on tellinghim to stop.

And Kris, as the one who was getting stared at so obviously, was starting to get annoyed. Or at least that was what Junmyeon said to him when they were at lunch break.

"He is?" He asked disinterestedly. Junmyeon sighed.

"Minseok, get ahold of yourself, you’ve been like this since Valentine’s Day. What happened?" Lu Han asked worriedly.

Minseok laughed at his friends' baseless worry. "Nothing happened. Don't worry." The couple looked at each other with an even more worried look.

"Minseok are you sure you’re okay?" Junmyeon asked again. He was not the type to worry. But Minseok's recent listless character was so un-Minseok-like and it was extremely worrying.

"Really. I'm okay, guys. I'm just thinking if I should just confess already or should I do something else. Nothing I did was a success."

"Then confess! If it will make your heart lighter." Lu Han encouraged.

"Do you think he will freak out if I suddenly confess to him now?"

"Possibly," Lu Han answered. / "Most likely," Junmyeon answered.

"How supportive of you guys." Minseok rolled his eyes. Then the three laughed aloud, getting annoyed looks from the other students in the cafeteria.

"Alright!!! I'll confess my feelings now!" Minseok decided as he suddenly stood up from his chair.

"Now? Like right now?" Both of them looked bewildered.

"Yes now. Bye. Wish me luck." He said while running to search for his beloved.

"Does he have to do it right away?" Lu Han asked to no one in particular. But Junmyeon shrugged his shoulders, responding to his question.

Minseok was skipping around, yes you read it right. He was skipping around the corridors, looking for his Kris. He looked here, he peeked around there then BANG!

He was suddenly being pushed by a pair of strong arms to a quiet room. Pressed to the closed door. His body trapped by the bigger one. By Kris. Minseok beamed happily that he finally found his man, not realizing the scandalous position he was at right now. He didn't realize the heavy look the taller throw at him, eyeing him from head to toe.

"Kim Minseok, don't you know that your constant staring has been bothering me a lot? And do you know how often you’ve been doing that?"

Despite being cornered by the seemingly angry giant, Minseok couldn't hold the excitement that bubbled up from his inside. And Kris annoyed face was rather nice although he prefered him smiling.

"I can be nice while I can. But you keep staring at me with that look I can't-

"I like you, Kris." Minseok blurted with an excited smile.

"Eh?" Kris was caught off guard and loosened his hard grip on his either side. He seemed no longer angry and was more confused and embarrassed right now.

"I like you. I really really like you. I know this is crazy but I maybe even love you." Minseok was more than enjoying Kris' flustered red face. He was so cute!

"You said your heart is taken. So it was me all along?" he asked shyly. Minseok chuckled at the mention of his taken heart.

"So you heard my conversation with Sehun? Yes, it’s you. I fell in love with his older brother. But I promised to give him my heart if it’s unaccepted."

"No!" Kris suddenly said aloud, almost shouting. It surprised both of them. Then the giant got shy again.

"I mean I.. I like you, too. A lot, actually. That's why I.. I like you, Kim Minseok." Kris said while grabbed his arm pulling Minseok towards him and hugged him.

Minseok couldn't believe it. Did his crush just say that he loved him too? His dream came true! Now he could continue his plan on making cute family with good-looking children. But there was something bugging him. He pushed himself apart from his giant so he could see his face.

"Wait. If you like me, why did you get bothered with me staring at you? That's so rude!" He pouted angrily.

Kris blushed at the accusation. "I'm sorry. I can't help it. Your face was so y when you stare at me and I got this weird feeling that urged me to..touch you.. But I can't. So I .. It is.. Oh God what am I talking about? I'm so sorry, Minseok-ah." Kris was in panic mode while having a very red face.

And Minseok was beyond embarrassed. Kris was bothered in a different way from what he thought. He never thought the giant was a ert! He wondered what would have happened to him if he didn't cut him off earlier. Thinking about it now made him shudder. He was glad he’d been stupid enough to cut him off.

"That's okay, Kris. I'm not angry. It was kind of my own fault anyway." He said while he reached the panic boy's hand and intertwined their fingers. Kris still had that pretty blush adorning his cheeks.

"Call me by my real name, Minseok-ah." He asked shyly. Minseok blushed too. He was too used calling him by his nickname. Somehow his real name sounded more intimate.

"Yi-YiFan?" He tried shyly. The tall boy smiled approvingly and caressed his hair lovingly. (In fact it was just the usual ruffle but everything felt different when they were in love.)

Minseok told Junmyeon and Lu Han the moment he had the chance. They were happy for them. YiFan took Minseok home after he was done with his club. And Minseok pouted when they had to part as they arrived at his house.

"I told you not to pout, didn't I?" YiFan warned.

"Why? Because I look stupid?" he asked back annoyedly.

"Because it tempts me to kiss you." The tall boy answered boldly. Minseok was embarrassed.

"T-then kiss me," he said shyly while seeing straight to the other boy's eyes.

YiFan leaned down, closer to his face so slowly, until the lips finally touched. It was just a chaste kiss that didn't last long but was enough to take their breath away.

"Don't pout in front of other people." YiFan said seriously. Minseok laughed.

"Why? So people won't kiss me? You are hopelessly cheesy, worse than Lu Han is to Junmyeon."

"I'm being serious here." Now it was Yi Fan's turn to pout.

"Don't worry, giant baby. I won't let them. Now kiss me again?" he said as tiptoeing and circling his arms around the other's neck.

Yi Fan smiled lovingly before leaned down to kiss his boyfriend again. He could do this forever.

Except forever didn't exist. The one who existed was a very angry man, stood in the front door of Kim's residence who coughed loudly to make the kissing boys break apart and gave the young couple a scary glare.

"Appa!" Minseok called in surprise.

"A-appa?" YiFan shrieked in fear..

Maybe 'live happily ever after' was still a way to go for them. But they thought they could handle it together.