Final

Overdue

 

Sehun never really got why Tao kept his books after so long going past it's due date. Was it obessesion? Sehun crossed that off his list when he found out Tao hasn't even lifted a single page of each book. Let's be serious. He never made it past the cover page.

 

To be real honest, that's all he came up with. Tao's a strange person, but hey, Sehun stuck with him because why not?

 

-

 

The blonde met the strange panda-like boy on the way to class. When the bell rings, everyone rushes to class like a stampead. Sehun never rushed because it's the 2nd period. And what he learned is that his teacher is never there in time. He has 12-13 minutes to get there, and he likes that. He gets to experience the quiet halls for once. 

 

That until he fell full force plummeling to the floor. 

 

"Ah! I-I'm s-sorry!"

 

Sehun's belongings were scattered across the ground but not that far. (a/n pfft from what i know this happens alot, so cliche XD)

 

A blob of pitch black (a/n not that dark but you get it right?) hair was constantly going up and down. Sehun realized he was bowing but could he stop? He never really liked people bowing constantly, once is fine for him. 

 

"It's alright, but could ya stop bowing? It's kind of getting annoying now."

 

"Sorry.", The stranger said, and kneeled down to pick up his stuff. Sehun followed, but his curiousity picked up and curse him to take a look at the boy's face. 

 

Being straight-forward is not like Sehun, the devil be upon him and blurrted it out for him. "You don't look Korean."

 

Flustered, Sehun tried to make his words less, you know, straight forward," W-well I-I mean, it's just that you don't look like you were born here. T-that probably sounded racist."

 

The boy stuffed one more item into the blonde's bag, and chuckled. "You're right, I don't look Korean do I?", Sehun gaped and tried to speak, but he had beat him to it. "I'm Chinese, and moved here about 2-3 years ago. I lost count."

 

"Seriously?", Sehun blurted. "I've never seen you around."

 

The Chinese boy stood up, and put out his hand for Sehun. "Now you've seen me. The name's Zitao."

 

Biting the inside of his cheek, Sehun gripped Zitao's firm hand. "Sehun." He mumbled. 

 

Zitao looked behind him, and grabbed his wrist. "Come on, we gotta go.", and pulled him, more likely ran.

 

"Wha- H-hey! I just met you!"

 

-

 

Once they stopped, Sehun smacked Zitao right on the upper arm. "Ow! Watch it!"

 

"You idiot! Who the hell drags someone away when they just met?",  Zitao looked clueless, and shrugged. 

 

"I saved both of our asses from getting scolded from that Hall Moniter, Tae-something I don't know.", Sehun looked at him, since when was there a hall moniter? Zitao saw the confused look on the other's face, "Wait you didn't know?"

 

"Had no clue. But that's weird because I usually stroll after the 2nd period bell rings."

 

Zitao laughed. 

 

-

 

The two have been friends since that encounter. Hiding someplace during 2nd period became a routine, which wasn't a big deal since Taeyeon (Sehun finally learnt the name of the Hall Moniter) only looked through the halls. The bleachers outside were perfect for their little meetings. 

 


Soon he found out Zitao's routine himself. It was that one meeting where the first time Sehun saw Zitao with a book. Wait no it wasn't. It was when Sehun had dropped his during their encounter and Zitao picked it up. He never thought about it, forgeting all about it. But strangely it looked like his book but might've been a coincidence. 

 


"Dude, since when do you bring books to our hideout?", Sehun asked, placing his bag down near him. "Now?", Zitao laughed and shrugged, "I don't know, but it's pretty good.'

 


Sehun playfully pushed his shoulder. "There's no bookmark in it."

 


"Shut it."

 

-

 

"Again?", Sehun was surprised when he saw that same book in the panda-like boy's hands. It's been a week, and he's not done? The book looks like only 14 chapters which is not a lot for a book like that if Zitao brought it everywhere. Sehun speculated he should be done by now.

 

"Yes again. Don't make fun of me, it takes me awhile okay?", Zitao huffed, and put the book on his lap.

 

"Still no bookmark, huh?", Sehun grabbed the book and waved it in his face, and sniggered.

 

Snatching the book back, Zitao growled.

 

-

 

That was before Sehun grew feelings for his best friend. Feeling that weren't about friendship at all. Something a little more. And it scared him.

 

What if Zitao wasn't interested? Would it ruin their friendship?

 

Skinship would make his heart go "badumb badumb". He had to admit he was acting like a girl. All because of Huang Zitao! 

 

-

 

Zitao carried a book around. (a/n kinda obvious pfft) And he has yet to open it. 

 

Truth is that he hasn't even read it. So Sehun was right about him not having a bookmark. Zitao could always bend the corner of a page, but it never had crossed his mind. He knows Sehun thinks he got it from the school library, which is not true. 

 

He found it while helping someone whom he had knocked down. He planned to return it before, but he never had the guts to do so. And Zitao kept it, claiming it was the library's. 

 

Because it also belonged to his crush.

 

Oh Sehun.

 

-

 

Sehun was bugged by the excuse of Zitao not being able to return it to it's rightful place. Why was it so hard to return a simple book? 

Zitao's strange.

 

"You do know I can return that for you right?"

 

"Nah, I can do it myself. I'm independent.", Sehun raised an eyebrow at him. But when Zitao smiled, he couldn't help but succum to his wishes.

 

"Fine, but I better not see that book again Zitao!"

 

Zitao looked back, "I promise."

 

-

 

When they met again, Zitao still had the book but it a bookmark in it. Sehun sighed. "What did I tell you?"

 

"To return it. Duh." Zitao sat down next to the blonde and set his bag at his feet. "So why isn't it at the library by now?", Sehun almost got up to his feet to drag Zitao to the library right that moment. But Zitao caught his wrist to make him sit back down. "I am giving it to it's owner. And he's sitting right next to me."

 

Zitao placed the book onto Sehun's lap. "What? So all this time- You told me it was the library's!", He whined, and grazed his fingers over the cover.  He felt a nudge. He looked up at Zitao's face. 

 

"Go on, open it.", Zitao's smile beamed and Sehun obliged. Opening it to the bookmark's page, he was surprised to find the bookmark with 3 simple words in black marker on it. 

 

I Love You

 

"Zitao I-"

 

Zitao didn't listen and turned Sehun towards him. Leaning in, he pressed his lips against the blonde's.


Sehun's eyes went wide. Was this actually happening? 

 

Zitao pulled away, and couldn't look Sehun in eyes. "I'm sorry. I-I'll just be going now.", Picking up his bag, he quickly climbed down the bleachers. Sehun had no time to respond and watched as the raven haired boy grow smaller and smaller. "Wait! Zitao!", He rushed down towards Zitao, who was suddenly going faster. 

 

Luckily in time, he was able to grab his wrist and turn him around. Zitao was startled, and tried to pull his wrist away. "No, wait!"

 

"I'm sorry I did that. You probably don't like me anyways. I-"

 

"Shut up.", Sehun's hand left Zitao's wrist and made it up to the back of his neck. The blonde pulled him into another kiss. 

 

He felt the other's arms snake around his waist, and hold him closer.  Zitao grazed his tounge on Sehun's lower lip for access which Sehun gladly allowed. 

 

His tounge explored Sehun's cavern, while his hair was being played with by Sehun. When his lips left Sehun, the blonde pouted, while the panda smiled. 

 

"You didn't let me finish earlier, you panda idiot.", Sehun pushed Zitao's forehead with his finger. 

 

"I love you too."


-

 

Walking through the hall after the period ended, their hands entwined  together walking side to side. Sehun spoke up to break the silence, "You made me think that the book was over 2 months overdue!"

 

"Well it was your fault anyways, Hunnie.", Sehun blushed at the new nickname. "As it turns out I guess my feeling were overdue too", Zitao chuckled.

 

"Huh? Why?"

 

"Because I liked you since our first encounter."

 

"Dummy! Of course it's overdue!"

 

Zitao laughed at his boyfriend's words, and ran, pulling Sehun with him. 

 

"Yah! Get to class!", Taeyeon shook her head at the couple, and walked away.

 

-

Author's Note

why does it feel like i rushed the ending

pfft taeyeon had to make an appearence besides being the invisable hall moniter oooo~

heh i fangirled even tho it's my own fanfic

Hope you Enjoyed~~

Key gif Pictures, Images and Photos

-Leesushi