Gay Chicken

Meanie Moments

"What, in the name of all that is holy, is Gay Chicken?" Wonwoo blinks, regarding his friends with a mixture of apprehension and bewilderment.

"It's a game." Junghan explains, "You and a friend make as if you're about to kiss, getting closer and closer, and then the first person to out loses."

"It's kinda fun." Jisoo pipes in, shrugging as if he's a little ashamed to admit it. "Junghan and I are pretty good at it."

...Yeah, I bet you are...

"I don't get it. So the person who wins is like, totally prepared to kiss the other?" He huffs, "Sounds more like a coming-out than a game to me." Wonwoo arches an eyebrow. The whole concept of the 'game' is so utterly ridiculous- all it does is see who's least comfortable kissing a member of the same . Weird.

"You don't get it. Most of the time someone wimps out pretty quickly. And if they don't, well..." Junghan hums, "Get ready for the most awkward kiss of your life."

Mingyu, who had been standing contemplatively off to the side while this discussion was taking place, finally makes his verdict with a small nod of approval.

"Sounds like fun!" He beams, characteristic 'excited puppy' mode switching on.

Wonwoo sighs.

"Why don't you two try it?" Jisoo inevitably suggests, glancing between a cautious Wonwoo and an enthusiastic Mingyu. Wonwoo arches an eyebrow.

"Yeah, come on." Mingyu takes Wonwoo's elbow, turning to face him. He regards the taller boy with a disbelieving glance.

"Seriously? We're seriously about to do this?"

Junghan laughs. "Stop being a , dude. It's harmless."

"Harmless, right." Wonwoo grits his teeth, but nevertheless turns towards the younger boy. Well, he has nothing to lose. If they wanted him to play, he'd play, and he'd play well.

"Right, how does this start? Do we just sorta... lean in, or?" Mingyu asks, but he's leaning forward even as he says it, and Wonwoo has the sudden jolt of ohmygod I'm not ready.

His instinct tells him to jerk backwards out of the danger zone, his skin prickling, but his damned doggedness outweighs it. He'd already committed himself to this; there's no backing out now. Wonwoo sees the other boy close his eyes- close his eyes- and there's a lurch of realisation as it dawns on him that Mingyu is in this for the long run, too.

Oh well.

There's an awful sort of tension as he notices that he can feel the heat radiating off Mingyu's skin. The boy is close, getting ever closer, and this entire thing is just moving agonisingly slowly. Similarly, Mingyu doesn't seem anywhere near backing out.

Tuning out from his impending panic, Wonwoo rolls his eyes at the goads and hollers from the boys beside them. Stupid. They have no right to tease them on this; Wonwoo knows those two have definitely done a little more than just kiss each other. He's stayed over and been subjected to it through the paper-thin walls. Noises. All bloody night. And they thought people still saw them as straight.

Yeah, right.

Suddenly he's caught off guard. Wonwoo is too busy on a mental tirade against Jisoo and Junghan to notice that Mingyu is swiftly closing the gap and pressing their mouths together.

He lets out a muffled yelp of surprise. His instincts scream at him to move backwards, but before he has the chance Mingyu's fingers are curling around his upper arms and holding him in place. His lips are... soft, somewhat, and though they're practically immobile the pressure isn't too light or too domineering. It's strange, and very, very vaguely... nice.

Furrowing his eyebrows, he decides to test something out. Hesitantly, Wonwoo begins moving his mouth ever-so-slightly against Mingyu's. Mingyu obviously takes this as consent of some sort, as he lurches forward and attacks Wonwoo's lips in earnest. It's fast, rushed, and Wonwoo is overwhelmed to the point of breathlessness. Thankfully, the boy seems to listen to his noises of protest, and the kiss soon slows down to a regular pace.

This Wonwoo can handle. His lips part and shut gently, following the gradually settling rhythm, and he finds his hands moving automatically to Mingyu's neck. There's a few more moments of warmth and the soft press of lips, before Wonwoo remembers suddenly that they're not actually meant to be kissing.

His consciousness bursts back into the present, and he all but tears himself away from the taller boy's grip. Jisoo and Junghan high-five off to the side, and the irrational part of Wonwoo wants to turn and punch them in their stupid smug faces.

The more rational side observes the grinning boy before him, and he can't help but wonder whether they can do that again sometime.

Huh. Maybe 'Gay Chicken' really is more of a coming-out than a game.