Stockholm Sonata

Meanie Moments

It's been months.

Wonwoo's memory is fuzzy, like faded photographs, and he's not sure when he last saw his friends, his brother, his parents. It feels like an eternity in this confined space. All he's seen for hours and hours and weeks on end is the stark white walls, dark carpet and dim interior of his boyfriend's bedroom.

Boyfriend. For some reason the word doesn't fit quite right, but Wonwoo shakes the thought away before he has time to dwell on it.

It's late, probably around midnight. The room is gloomy and silent with the curtains drawn and the door shut, and the only sound is the heavy, sleepy breathing of the man lying beside him. Wonwoo had sat up in the bed a few minutes before, and now sits with right hand clasped around knees that he tries not to notice are getting skinnier.

It wasn't like this before, whatever this is. Just a few months ago they were strolling through the streets hand-in-hand, laughing and joking with each other. It wasn't even particularly worrying when Mingyu warned Wonwoo to stay away from his friends; Wonwoo had learnt early on in the relationship not to ask about his boyfriend's past. But then suddenly Wonwoo was stopped from seeing his own friends, and Mingyu became endearingly jealous far too easily. He didn't mind; he was too drunk on the taller man and the intoxicatingly sweet romance to really care.

And somehow it had led to this.

Wonwoo knows he does it through love. Mingyu locks him in here, in the house, day-in day-out because he doesn't want other people stealing Wonwoo away from him. Mingyu raises his voice and shouts and swears because he wants to correct Wonwoo, make him perfect too. Mingyu's touch is bruising and painful and a little too rough because he wants to reassure himself that Wonwoo is his. Wonwoo knows, and he understands. It's been told to him so many times.

"It's because I love you. Don't you love me back?"

He does. Wonwoo turns his head to regard the sleeping man beside him, and the unmistakeable rush of love swells inside his brain. Mingyu is beautiful, and he loves Wonwoo so fiercely. Wonwoo doesn't complain. Mingyu gets sad when he complains, so he's just learnt not to. Besides, it's not like he even wants to; his boyfriend is everything he could ever need.

The bedsheets slip, exposing the torso of his body, and Wonwoo shivers as the cold air hits the nail-scratches on his back. One of them must have left the window open. Wonwoo contemplates getting up to shut it, before realising that Mingyu had forgotten to release the cuffs binding his left wrist to the headboard. Oh well. He'd have to sleep in an awkward position again. No big deal.

He could do that for Mingyu. Any sort of minor inconvenience is more than made up for by even a second of the man's presence. He could never find someone else like Mingyu; the boy had made that explicitly clear on many occasions, along with the fact that Wonwoo should be grateful he was dating him. And he is. He's so damn grateful. He's worthless without the taller man.

Wonwoo appreciates every moment, and he especially loves the evenings. Mingyu crashes onto him, and suddenly everything is a blur of light and sensation and gorgeous, biting pain. The man's lips work down his throat with an animalistic ferocity, his thumbs pushing bruises above the bones of Wonwoo's hips, and God- this is what true heaven is. Mingyu holds him like he's gold, knowing just the right way to prise Wonwoo open and make him writhe like he's dying. The heat of the other man's body is the singular best thing on Earth.

Afterwards, when Mingyu rolls over and lights a cigarette, is when the guilt sets in. The awful, creeping, unwanted feeling that something isn't quite right here. Part of Wonwoo wonders whether this is what other couples are like, but then again, he can't really remember anything different.

It's been months. Wonwoo has no idea when he last saw his friends, his brother, his parents. But he tries not to care. Mingyu wouldn't like it.

 

 

Because one a night isn't enough.

This is pretty dark, huh? Sorry. That's why I put the lighthearted one first...