⍟⍟⍟

The Star ★
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_____BAEKHYUN'S POV__

Past the very dark forest, a white star fell upon the world. It was a night where nothing special was going on. But after I lifted my head, I discovered something dazzling. The shining legend of the deer that is far above. Is a farfetched story now but this is my story......

 

_____AUTHOR'S POV__

"Ladies & Gentleman! Tonight we will be having an event to test our bravery. You'll have to draw sticks and decide who you will have you pair up with. No complaining so let's start!" Suho, one of the event holders for the 25th Gangwon Annual Camping Event announced as students went up front to pick their sticks.

Hyemi waited for all of them to draw their sticks before slowly heading up front to draw hers. When she reached out her hand to the black tube which holds the sticks, her hand collided with another hand as she looked up to see her all time enemy, Baekhyun.

Thump Thump

She grunted and quickly pulled away her hand as he did the same. But little did she realize, the boy's face started to heat up but he decided to remain poker face.

"Y-yah! Move your dirty hands away from me!" Hyemi scoffed and gave him a glare. Being the arrogant Baekhyun he was, he glared back before taking one of the two sticks from the tube and walked away without a word. He got a little annoyed on why they have to fight everyday but nevertheless, decided to shrug it off.

The story on how Baekhyun and Hyemi became enemies started during their freshman years where Hyemi accidently spilled a cup of milk on Baekhyun, embarrassing the said boy in front of the whole school. And thus, a war started.

 

Hyemi blew her bangs as she took the remaining stick on the tube before stalking away to her friend, Boram.

"Hyemi! Hyemi! I got an A! What about you?" Boram beamed and tip-toed to see Hyemi's stick as she's a head shorter than the said girl.

"E." Hyemi replied nonchalantly and looked around to find her partner yet none of them had an 'E' on their stick. "The person with an A! Come here right now! I'm the person you're looking for!" A guy with deep voice shouted and he is none other than Chanyeol. 

"C-Coming! Cya after the event, Hyemi. Have fun!" Boram beamed before walking towards Chanyeol as the boy happily grinned when he found out that his partner is Boram who was his crush since middle school.

Hyemi sighed before wandering around the camping area with the motive of finding her said partner.

 

"Hey, Jeon. Come here."

 

That voice is so familiar... Hyemi thought as she spun around only to see the last guy she ever wanted to see on Earth.

"What do you want you stupid bacon." She scoffed and walked towards him. When she arrived close enough, she stopped. Which was 5 metres away.

"Closer." He smirked, slightly amused that she reponded him when he called her. She took a step in front and stopped. "Closer." He repeated and she rolled her eyes as a respond before taking another step.

"Aish, this girl." Baekhyun hissed under his breath as he went to Hyemi and latched his hand on her wrist before pulling her to where all the partners were at as the said boy knew from the start that the girl is his partner.

Hyemi felt her heart beat fastened upon the close contact as tiny tint of red creeped up her cheeks. Aish, Hyemi. He's your enemy! She thought as she slapped herself with her free hand which was out of Baekhyun's reach. Baekhyun, who save her slapping herself baffled before rolling his eyes.

"Alright, I see you've all found your own partners. Starting with Team A, they will enter the forest first then to Team B and so on. Alright? You guys will be hand-cuffed up together so that you won't get lost. Cellphones are allowed. Each team will get one flashlight so cooperate and don't fight. Especially you, Team E." Suho gave the BaekMi couple a look before handing out the flashlight and cuffed them up with toy hand-cuffs.

When Suho gave it out to Hyemi, Baekhyun snatched it, earning a death glare from the girl as Baekhyun seems unfazed with the girl's glare and continued to place the flashlight in his pocket before hand-cuffing one of the cuffs on his right hand as he took Hyemi's and cuffed the other on her left.

"In the count of 3, Team A will start the event. 3...2...1!" Suho announced as Team A, which were Chanyeol and Boram started to move into the forest.

 

* * * * *

 

"Alright! Team E! Your turn! Have fun! Don't fight or get lost I tell ya." Suho said while pushing the couple into the forest.

"Yah,bacon! Where's the flashlight!?" Hyemi hissed, getting annoyed when Baekhyun kept fidgeting with his jeans pocket.

"Alright alright. Stop squeezing my hand! It hurts okay!?" He hissed back as he tried taking out the flashlight which was located on his right pocket with his left hand as his right hand was holding Hyemi's hand but ended up failing miserably.

"A little help here would do, Jeon." Hyemi rolled her eyes before stuffing her hand into his right pocket with her right hand. "You should've put it into the left side if you're gonna hand-cuff your right hand. Stupid bacon." She rolled her eyes once again when she managed to take out the flashlight.

Hyemi pressed the 'on' button and unfortunately, there was no light. She flickered it again yet it remained dark. "Screw you Suho. He did this on purpose!" Hyemi scoffed, throwing the flashlight aside.

Baekhyun kept silent and decided to remain calm and took out his phone from the left side of his pocket. 

Moments later, a bright light shone on Hyemi's face as she squinted her eyes.

"Puahah, Jeon! You look funny!" Baekhyun laughed, receiving a punch on the stomach from the said girl. "Not funny, Byun."

Minutes and minutes passed as Hyemi's patient was running down. Students dressed in ghost costumes popped out to scare them yet the both of them showed no sign of fear and continued walking.

Hyemi's leg started to get tired as her pace slowed down. Baekhyun noticed and slowed down with her. "Tired?" He asked, eyeing her worriedly.

She bit her lip and looked away. "No." The latter sighed and continued walking.

As they saw no one popping out anymore, they started to get worried. Whether if they're lost.

Hyemi unfortunately tripped on a tree branch and lost her balance. She fell down on the ground, bringing Baekhyun with her.

"Owww.." She groaned in pain when she felt a light weight on her. Her eyes widened when she realize Baekhyun was on top of her, squishing the daylight out of her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter