MID I

Miracles in December (EXO)

MID I

 

It was Christmas Eve, Yuri was busy preparing and cooking and Xiumin, her cousin, came over to help her. Today is the big day for her because Baekhyun, her boyfriend, will finally introduce her to his parents as his girlfriend. 


 

"I'm done~!" Xiumin said. Yuri shook her head and smiled. 



 

"Hahaha. You helped me because you want that." Yuri said while pointing at the pasta.


 

"Hmph. You know I can't resist food right? Hahahaha. Kidding." Xiumin said and they both laughed.


 

"Oh by the way, where is your future husband---I mean where's Baekhyun?" Xiumin said while washing his hands.



 

"He's busy."


 

"He always makes excuses." Xiumin shook his head and sat down in a chair. "He's supposed to be here, helping you with these."



 

"It's okay. He's busy and I let him see his friends." Yuri said while sitting next to Xiumin.



 

"That's stupid, Yuri. He's busy and don't have much time. He need to spend his free time with you and not with his friends. I'm warning you, Yuri. He's not the right guy." Yuri knows that Xiumin cares but she loves Baekhyun. She's hurting herself for love, that's for sure.


 

"I don't want a fight. Yes, I'm the one who is adjusting and I'm fine with that."



 

"You really love him and that what makes you stupid." Xiumin said and Yuri just sighed.

 

***
 

Later on, Yuri decided to call his lover. She took her phone out of her pocket and dialed Baekhyun's number.


 

"Hello, Baek? It's late and---"



 

["Yuri, Seriously? I'm talking to my parents right now. We're on our way. Just wait."]


 

"Oh really?! I'm Sorry. I'll call you later. Bye, I love--"

 

Before Yuri finishes, Baekhyun hanged up.


 

She was shocked because Baekhyun never hanged up the phone when Yuri is still speaking. And he never cut Yuri when she's speaking on the phone. Baekhyun even wants to hear Yuri speaking on the phone but now... What happened?


 

"Maybe he's in a bad mood right now..." Yuri thought for awhile and stood up.


 

She looked at her wrist watch. 7:15 PM. While waiting for Baekhyun, she went up to her room and she saw picture frames, their pictures on the frames to be exact. 


 

"Memories..." she whispered to herself.


 

Even though Baekhyun is busy, she makes time for Yuri... but that was before. It's different now. It seems that she's sleeping for a long time. She doesn't want to think any negative thoughts but how can she refrain from doing that if she's lonely and alone? These past three weeks, Baekhyun is giving her a cold treatment.


 

She took the picture frame and laid in her bed. She smiled while staring at their picture,  it was their first Christmas together. 4 years of being together. Yuri haven't meet his parents because his parents are in Canada. Baekhyun doesn't even said to his parents that he has a girlfriend because he wants his parents to personally meet Yuri. 


 

She closed her eyes while hugging the picture frame. Eyes closed she wished, 'I wish the old Baekhyun is back. I wish I can spend more time with him.' even herself was shocked. She opened her eyes and sighed. She just missed her lover so much. She just once again closed her eyes.

 

***
 

"Oh, I fell asleep." Yuri said and fixed her hair. She looked at her wrist watch. It was 10:40 in the evening. She took her phone out and she can't believe that Baekhyun didn't text her. 'Why...' she thought. She always react like it's her first time that Baekhyun doesn't even text her. It's three weeks and still she always react like it's her first time experiencing Baekhyun's cold treatment.


 

'Maybe he doesn't love me anymore...' she thought and tears rolled down her face. It's not her fault why Yuri badly misses her lover. It's not her fault why tears came flowing. It's not her fault thinking such things. It's not her fault why she loves him so much. But she always thinks that it's her fault why Baekhyun is giving him a cold treatment these past three weeks. Baekhyun is always cheerful, caring and easily shows affection. 'But why the sudden cold treatment?' she thought. She quickly erased the bad thoughts.


 

Yuri stood up when she heard a doorbell. Probably, it's Byun Baekhyun, her lover. She suddenly felt the excitement. She immediately ran towards the door and opened it.


 

There, she saw Baekhyun, his parents and... a girl. She saw the girl is holding her boyfriend's hand. She clenched her teeth but she's still smiling.


 

They all sat at the table. Yuri met Baekhyun's eyes but Baekhyun averted his gaze. She smiled while Baekhyun is looking away. He's giving her a cold treatment again. 


 

"You're Yuri right?" A woman said. It was obviously her mom because her mom resembles Baekhyun. They're alike. How she smile like Baekhyun's, her eye smile like Baekhyun... She's like seeing a girl version of Baekhyun. She chuckled and smiled at the thought.


 

I smiled. "I'm Yuri Park. Baekhyun's---"


 

"----Best friend. Yes, she's my best friend." Baekhyun said.


 

His mom smiled. "Hi Yuri. I'm Baekhyun's mom. Nice to meet you." she said then offer her hands. 


 

She also smiled but her smile is fake. "N-Nice to meet you too. I'm Baekhyun's...best friend. Yes, I'm his best friend..." 

 

'How could he?' she thought and her heart is breaking into million pieces.


 

Shouldn't he be telling them that she is his son's lover?


 

Yuri also shook hands with his Dad with her fake smile.

 

"Your friend is a great cook too!" his mom said and the three of them nodded.


 

"Oh, by the way. Hi Yuri! Nice to meet you... I'm Kaylee, Baekhyun's....fiance." Yuri's heart is completely shattered. The pain is killing her.


 

"Ahh. O-Okay. B-Baekhyun, I have no idea that you have a beautiful fiancee like Kaylee..." She faked a smiled even though her heart is still bleeding, even her heart is still breaking into pieces.


 

'He has a fiancee.


 

Without me knowing...

 

He's engaged...

 

All this time, I'm dreaming of being Baekhyun's fiancee, dreaming of his future wife. All this time, believing him. Believing a lie. Four years of living with full of lies.' she thought and it makes her crazy.

 

It's like someone is stabbing her heart a million times.

 

"I'm so sorry. I-I need to go. I have a date. Hahaha." she said.


 

"Aww Okay! Enjoy!" Kaylee said and for the nth time, I faked a smile again.


 

"Yuri, wait..."

 

She was screaming inside because of the pain. 


 

'What the hell is that?! Why, Baek?! Why?!' Yuri screamed inside and tears started falling. She can't control her tears anymore.

 

"Yuri..." Baekhyun said but Yuri ignored him.

 

"Yuri." Yuri turned around.

 

"Jagiya, I'm sorry." he said and looked down.

 

"Don't you ever call me that again! Baek, I thought you love me?! I thought I was the only one you love but I was wrong! I feel stupid for believing you this whole time. You even said 'I love you' many times! D-Do you even love me?" She sobbed.


 

"I love you, Yuri but it just can't..."


 

"See?! You even promised that we will be together forever!" 


 

"I'm so sorry. There's so many guys in this world that will love you more than I do. I don't deserve you and your love. Maybe we're not meant for each other. I lied. I'm sorry. I broke my promise. I'm so sorry." he said.



 

"I lied to my family just to be with you! They're right, you're not right for me... That someday you will break my heart... How could you?" 


 

She wanted to slap him across his face but she's too weak to do that. Did he even know how much Yuri suffered? Did he even know how much she sacrificed?


 

Probably, not. He never sees how much effort Yuri put in everything. He never sees how painful it is to Yuri. He never sees how much Yuri loves him. He is definitely blind all this time. He never sees how much pain he causes to Yuri.

 

He never loved him. 

 

He stayed because he needed her.

 

In short, He's a total idiot!


 

"I did everything, Baekhyun! Why? Did I do something wrong? Tell me." She feels like she doesn't belong in this world.



 

"Yuri, you didn't do anything wrong. You're too perfect for me, that's all. I love you."


 

"Yuri! Yuri! Yuri! My goodness! What the fck is wrong with me?! All these time I'm believing you... If you love me, you should have fight for our love! But no... you didn't.


 

If that's what makes you happy, then I'll go. Be happy." she said and ran away.

 

***

She's still crying. Baekhyun should fight for their love if he really loves Yuri. But no, he did the opposite. Four years of being together and what Baekhyun did is like throwing a diamond away.

 

She took her phone from her bag

 

"I do not regret loving you...Thank you for the memories. Thank you for the four years. I enjoy that four years being with you. Please be happy and please don't blame yourself. Merry Christmas. Bye. I Love You, Jagiya.." she sent a voice mail to Baekhyun. She wished for his happiness while she's in pain. 


 

 She really love him...

 

She wanted to get away from him and her feelings.

 

She doesn't want to cry anymore, she's already tired.



 

She laughed and smiled bitterly. "Celebrating Christmas... all alone."



 

But then....



 

Unexpected thing happened.


 

Yuri will overtake but a bus in the opposite road suddenly sped up and it's too late to step on the brakes. Blood covered her body and the last thing she heard is her phone ringing...

 

***
 

"This can't be happening. No, please..." he thought.


 

I saw Yuri covered with blood. Tears started to fall.


 

"Yuri..." 


 

"It's my fault! I should have fight for our love! Yuri, don't leave me... I'm so sorry. Please, jagiya." 

 

"Yuri...I'm so sorry. Let's go home. I already said to my parents that I love you... that you're the only girl that I will marry and love forever. Please... let's go home. Yuri..." crying, sobbing, screaming inside because of pain. He thought that the pain he caused to her is as much as the pain he is experiencing right now. Please, let her live. I will correct my mistakes. Just please, let her live.

 

You will never leave me right, Yuri? She will never leave me.

 

Then I saw the doctor who just got out of the room.

 

"Patient Yuri Park." the doctor said and I automatically stood up.


 

But what he was about to say...broke my heart.

 

 

=======