Fashion

Fashion

It was third grade when they met. Young, popular, Jiyong. Plump, idiot, Seunghyun. A pair no one expected but inseparable nonetheless. “Hi, my name is Jiyong, but you can call me G-Dragon, ‘cause dragons are cool. You are my new best friend!”

“Seunghyun…” he had mumbled. “But I want to be called Top because one day I will be!”

And thus this friendship began.

~*~

Sixth grade came with puberty. Puberty and growth spurts. Both seemed very kind to Seunghyun. Jiyong, on the other hand, wasn’t so lucky. “No fair!” Jiyong called as Seunghyun dangled his necklace above his head just out of reach.

“You always called me short. Now, it’s time for revenge.” Jiyong pouted, crossing his arms and sitting down on the classroom floor. He didn’t speak with his best friend for the rest of the day. Oddly enough, Seunghyun felt really bothered by this, even if he had Youngbae to hang out with.

Although, a quick apology the next day cleared that up.

~*~

Middle school arrived and with it daily gym classes. Jiyong hated sports where as Seunghyun and Youngbae loved them. His severe asthma had him sitting out on more occasions than most. He quite enjoyed watching his friends have fun, especially during the basketball unit. Sleeveless jerseys were a Godsend!

A thin, muscular frame had replaced Seunghyun’s, now fully gone, small round figure. High cheekbones and thick eyebrows skyrocketed his popularity. Girls swooned at the sight of him. He’d even dated a few. Sports were on his mind, though he always left time for his best friend.

Little did he know that Jiyong had a secret.

A secret that would throw a wrench into their relationship.

~*~

Jiyong came out to Seunghyun and Youngbae Freshman year. Youngbae had accepted Jiyong for who he was and has always been. Seunghyun didn’t see it that way. It disgusted him.

A beautiful five-year friendship came to an end.

A cruelly thrown “” broke Jiyong’s heart. Seunghyun didn’t care. He’d have nothing to do with the gay community. Not now. Not ever. Where once Jiyong had picked Seunghyun up and dusted him off, Seunghyun had just thrown him down into the mud.

Youngbae became Jiyong’s crutch.

~*~

Senior year came all too quickly. You can call it irony or destiny (maybe karma); either way, it was coming up to bite Seunghyun in the . Years ago, he’d thrown his best friend away, and now, he is forced to look at the damage he’d done, made him see the cruelty of his actions.

Jiyong had embraced his uality, shaking off the haters and fighting for his popularity back. He and Youngbae began dating last year, holding strong to the relationship. Prom was right around the corner. If Jiyong got the title Prom King, his popularity would be proven. He’d consider himself accepted by his peers for who he is.

Both dressed to impress, the two waited nervously for the results.

“This year’s Prom King is… Choi Seunghyun! Congratulations Top!”

Seunghyun smirked. He made his way up to the stage to accept his sash and crown, but most importantly the title. Now, which lucky lady will be his lovely arm candy?

Jiyong, on the other hand, felt devastated. Youngbae wrapped his arms around the forlorn man. He just wanted to get out of here now. Ever since he and Seunghyun ended their friendship, he stole everything from him. He was the one who made Seunghyun popular! That stupid bastard should be thankful!

“And this year’s Prom Queen is…” Youngbae began to him out. “Well isn’t this odd. Oh well, the school has spoken.” The couple reached the door. “This year’s Prom Queen is Kwon Jiyong! Congratulations G-Dragon!”

The two froze. What the hell?

Classmates throughout the gym began chanting for him. But, he ran for Prom King? A teacher came over and led him up. This is not happening! He was stopped long enough for the sash and crown to be placed on before ushered to stand before his old best friend. Is this some sort of prank?

No way!

This was not going to happen. Jiyong is a . Seunghyun was not—is not. However, he still has his pride and his reputation. The two bowed to one another, and Seunghyun reluctantly offered his arm. Jiyong kept his face stoic, but when the two turned to face the crowd, both flashed their best smiles.

“I present to you this year’s Prom King and Queen. Congratulations GD and Top!” Seunghyun’s smile faltered slightly. The principal gestured for the two to move to the center of the gym dance floor. “And by school tradition, they will share the first dance and first kiss!” Seunghyun’s smile slipped fully off his face.

He’d forgotten about the traditional kiss! Typically, he’d have no problem kissing a complete stranger, but this was Jiyong for Christ’s sake! He couldn’t kiss his old best friend! That’d be beyond awkward and embarrassing! No, wait! Jiyong is a man, that’s why he can’t kiss him! Get your head screwed on straight, Top!

Without even realizing, the two had made their way to the center. Slow ballroom music began to play through the speakers. Seunghyun hesitated to take Jiyong’s hand. Jiyong took the initiative. He stepped closer, placed Seunhyun’s hand on his waist and took his hand. “Dance with me, Seunghyun. Pretend with me for a dance.” Jiyong whispered in a small voice, drawing the taller of the two out of his thoughts.

He collected himself and began to lead the shorter male around the gym floor. All eyes were on them and Seunghyun could not mess up. He had a reputation to uphold! As the song picked up towards the , their fellow students began to chant. “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!”

Once again, Seunghyun froze. Jiyong shot him a pleading look. “Kiss me you fool!”

To this day, Seunghyun still can’t understand what compelled him to do what he did next. Maybe he saw the glimmer of hope in Jiyong’s eyes, maybe he truly had submerged himself into imagination, maybe it was to spite him for wanting a quick peck, he doesn’t know. Any way, that night cemented itself in his mind as one of the best in his life after that intimate act. After that night, Seunghyun couldn’t get Jiyong off his mind, out of his head and his life.

He dipped him. Spun him around and dipped him before kissing those full pink lips. And it was the best thing Seunghyun felt he’d ever done. The roar of the crowd fell upon deaf ears as Jiyong stared up at him in shock, his heart beating fast in his ears. When he pulled away, the allure of the lips no longer clouding his mind, Seunghyun smirked in an attempt to save his image.

Just like four years ago, Jiyong felt his heart break.

Once their classmates dispersed onto the dance floor, Jiyong slipped away to Youngbae, who quickly ushered him out of there, much to his relief. The faster he got out of there the better.

They did not speak after that.

~*~

It’s been six years since high school. Six years since Jiyong and Seunghyun last had contact. Youngbae, now Taeyang moved on to become a singer. Currently, he’s preparing for his first world tour. Jiyong, who goes fully by G-Dragon, now has made a name for himself in the fashion industry, quickly shooting up with his eye for color to work with some of the worlds’ top names. He and Taeyang broke it off after high school, instead to remain close friends.

(Taeyang is now secretly dating another singer by the name Daesung and seems very happy, much to GD’s relief. The two went shopping together once so he obviously likes the guy enough.)

Seunghyun, initially studying law, became a model after being scouted. Gig after gig, magazine after magazine, he’s reached national recognition under the name Top. He’s Korea’s best. So, isn’t it logically that he’d model only the best for the best?

And that’s how he’s found himself here, at the Big Bang Fashion Company. Also known as G-Dragon’s home court.

Did Jiyong remember him?

Making his way up to the front desk, he masked his nervousness with a confident demeanor, as he always did. The front desk lady looked up, but before she could speak, Top beat her to it. “I’m here for the photo-shoot. If you don’t recognize me, you truly are a sad girl.” Why would she work here otherwise?

“Leave the poor girl alone, Seunghyun. What has she done to you?”

Top’s heart fluttered at that melodic voice he’d waited so long to hear. ASDFGHJKLasdfghhjklASDFGHJKLasdfghhjklASDFGHJKLasdfghhjklASDFGHJKL How long has it been since he heard that voice? Six years, two months, seventeen days, five hours, twenty-three minutes no twenty-four minutes and three seconds. No, he hasn’t been keeping count. His obsession with Jiyong has blown out of control. It’s so out of control. Later he realized it was because he considered himself Jiyong-ual.

A young man, long bang hanging against his face tipped pink, walked into the lobby. Clothes accenting his best features, his flawless appearance didn’t match his unamused expression. And like every time he’d seen the man since prom, his heart leapt.

“Did you accidentally get your hair in paint, ‘cause you have a little something there,” he sneered. Jiyong glared, same old Seunghyun. “Oh and it's Top to you now.”

Jiyong rolled his eyes. “You better treat me with respect, Top. I'm your boss now,” Jiyong barked back. He sent his front desk lady and apologetic look. “Oh, you can call me G-Dragon from now on,” he mimicked.

~*~

GD watched the photo-shoot progress. Despite how much of a prick Top can be, when it came to work, he could be counted on to get the job done. In all honesty, he had been wholly against hiring Top. His business partner and the photographer, Seungri convinced him otherwise. With how well this photo-shoot was going, GD no longer regretted the decision.

He stepped onto the set. The crewmembers were quick to bow and greet him. He nodded his acknowledgement. “Seungri, let’s do one more. I was holding this design back for the right person, but I think we can make it work now.”

His co-worker stopped what he was doing to stare in shock. “You don’t mean—” He cut himself off to regroup his thoughts. “What changed your mind?” GD squinted at him.

Walking up to Top, his hand hesitated for a fraction of a second before cupping his cheek. The makeup artists will have to redo his makeup for the next design anyway. “He’s got the sharp eyes and cheekbones,” he finally explained. Patting his cheek, he ordered his stylists on what to do as he walked away.

“You’re not going to stick around?” Seungri caught his arm. GD shook his head. “But this is your baby!”

He shook the arm off him and turned to leave. “Yeah, but it's my baby on the man it’s designed for but doesn’t deserve.” Seungri shot him a confused look. GD chose not to elaborate.

He walked straight out the door.

As Seungri watched him go, the final piece to his GD and Top puzzle fell into place. A few pieces were still blurred, since their past is something neither would expose, but he could see the majority of the puzzle. Something Top did must’ve broken the mighty infallible G-Dragon’s heart.

~*~

Two weeks. It’s been two weeks since Top began working under GD. In all honestly, GD should’ve seen it coming. In hindsight, he was surprised it had taken so long. He cradled his head in his hands, fighting the oncoming migraine.

Photos surfaced online from their school days. Photos where Top had his arms around he and Taeyang, all smiling, happy and carefree. Most consisted of just the two of them, but Taeyang still appeared in some. There was even one from back in 4th grade with GD on Top’s back trying to reach a kite they’d gotten stuck in a tree.

(From what he remembers, the two had been running along and hadn’t seen the tree. Top smashed right into it, and the kite lodged itself in the tree. After nursing his nose for a moment, the duo set out on the task of retrieval. In the end, after falling off Top’s shoulders several times, GD had gone and gotten a teacher to get it out.)

However, with those happy photos came those from high school and from prom night. The announcement, the dance, the kiss, the heartbreak. It all came flooding back. He broke down in a sobbing mess in his office for the first time since that day.

When he exited his office, his puffy red eyes lowered, he was intent on just going home to take a nice relaxing bath.  He got so close. But, luck has never been on his side.

He ran straight into Top.

“Yah! Watch where you’re—” He cut himself off after seeing who it was. “What’s got the mighty G-Dragon so down in the dumps? Did you just break up with your boyfriend?” he cruelly teased.

GD whimpered. He wished. That wouldn’t hurt as much. “Not now Top. I just need to be alone.”

Top flinched at the soft quiet reply, not expecting it. Still, he pressed harder. “Oh boohoo, going to go cry to your mommy?”

That did it.

“You, of all people, have no right to talk!” G-Dragon snapped. “It’s not just my school photos that got leaked but yours too! And I’m so sick and tired of this attitude with you! What did I ever do to deserve it? So, I suggest you man up, get a reality check and do some damage control. Assess the damage you are doing before you say like that!” Top was shocked speechless. “Now get out of my face!”

Top backed up, enough so GD no longer thought of him as a threat. GD ran past, quickly getting into his car and driving off. Thankfully, the two were in the underground garage and were not overheard.

As Top watched him go, he felt like a terrible person for once in his life.

~*~

The next day, Top pushed down his pride to go apologize. After seeing a few of those pictures himself, he understood why G-Dragon was so upset, or so he thought. (He thought it was because of all those awkward and unfashionable days in Junior High. He never did see the prom photos. He didn’t want a trip down memory lane.)

Before he could knock, the door swung open and a suit thrown over his head clouded his vision. “Chop chop Top! We don’t have all day!” his makeup artist ushered him to a changing room. His manager trailed behind.

“So you’ll be attending the global icon fashion party today. You’re one of three from the company invited and as G-Dragon and Seungri are the other two, I will not be present.” Top stopped for a moment to allow that to sink in. The coordinator helped him into the suit before sitting him down to get his hair and makeup done.

He glanced up at his manager. “Any certain way you want me to act? Sophisticated? Stupid? Scholarly?”

“Act like G-Dragon’s boyfriend.”

“WHAT?”

Top shot up from the chair to stare at his manager in bewilderment. Where in the hell did that come from? Was GD spreading some false rumors to get back at him for yesterday or something? Top made the foolish mistake of voicing those thoughts.

“Actually, it was Seungri’s idea. What with those pictures that’ve leaked, in order to show a good relationship—and seeing as how I’m gay, the public knows that, and we’ve kissed—the only logical relationship we can show is of us being boyfriends,” G-Dragon explained. He adjusted Top’s suit collar out of habit as a designer. Top’s incredulous gaze shifted over to his boss. “Hey, I’m not thrilled about this either. So it up.”

Top made a noise somewhere between a gasp and a strangled scream.

He couldn’t do this. He wasn’t gay! This is like prom night all over again! Seriously, this was his boss and old best friend! Do you know how beyond awkward and embarrassing that’d be? Wait a minute… What did GD just say?

The public knows about prom night? “Wait, how do they know that?” Top freaked out. GD sighed and turned away, shaking his head. “Someone explain to me.”

Running a frustrated hand through his now blonde hair, GD left the room. Top looked to his manager for help only to be met with a similar response. GD returned and placed a laptop in front of him. Pressing the spacebar, a video started. “This was released last night. Pictures leaked yesterday, but I didn’t see the video until this morning. Maybe you should take the words your boss said to you to heart next time, Seunghyun.”

It was prom night. The entire video sketched out that entire scene. It caught every expression between the two, though it didn’t pick up what they said to one another, but the whole event looked intimate. A blush spread up on Top’s cheeks, but due to the makeup being applied, it wasn’t seen. People saw this? His reputation as a lady-killer is probably in shambles now. For some reason, after seeing the hurt expression on GD’s face, he couldn’t bring himself to care.

He nodded his head, fully understanding the situation finally. “So, we need to convince the public that we are dating. Wouldn’t critics then cite my joining the company because of this relationship?” His head turned to the business and politics side of his career.

“Not if we say we’ve been dating for a few months now. Besides several newspapers have already printed the story of my reluctance to hire you, so we shouldn’t have much of a problem,” G-Dragon explained. This entire situation was beginning to give him a headache. He rubbed his temples. “I sure hope you can act.”

“People will want details…” he trailed off. With his hair and makeup now done, the two made their way down to the underground parking garage.

G-Dragon thought quickly. “We ran into each other backstage at this summer’s fashion show and got talking. We hung out a few times, and like a man, you asked me out. There’s our story. Make up the details if you want; I can improvise.”

Meeting up with Seungri, the three got into the awaiting limousine. For the most part, the ride was silent. Top glanced over at G-Dragon nervously from time to time. A smirk spread across Seungri’s face seeing this. Despite G-Dragon’s obliviousness to Top’s true feelings, Top too was oblivious to his own feelings. This is going to be interesting.

~*~

The party was progressing well. However, being draped on Top’s arm all night was really killing his mood. Thankfully, Top could indeed act. It was nice to have Top treat him like he’s the only thing in the world, but the hoax the two were pulling off weighed heavily on his heart. His heart could only take so much love from his crush before bearing the blow of reality when Top’s cruelty returns.

He answered question after question thrown at him, flirted shamelessly with his employee, and kept a cheerful smile on his face. He was beginning to tire of these charades. And this time, he wouldn’t have Taeyang to lean on.

Turning to look for his co-worker, he spotted Seungri in a blissful state surrounded by female models. That Casanova! G-Dragon fought the urge to roll his eyes. Of course Seungri would do this. How hadn’t he guessed this?

Top didn’t seem much better. He could sense GD’s discomfort and was trying his hardest to find an excuse to get him out of there. Thinking quickly, Top asked the nearest person, “Do you know what time it is?” After checking his watch, the man told him. “11:25? We should get going. I have a photo-shoot tomorrow morning that I need to get up early for. C’mon Jiyong-ah, let’s retrieve Seungri and be on our way.”

G-Dragon sighed in relief. “We should be going. I hope to see you all at the fashion show next week. I know Seunghyun-ah is looking forward to it. I have something special planned for it.”

The pretend couple bowed in respect before making their exit, dragging Seungri along with them. And by dragging, I truly mean dragging. He’d gotten himself wasted.

Back in the limousine, Seungri—in all his drunken glory—cuddled up into GD. GD rolled his eyes and pushed him off. “I’m so glad my plan is working,” he giggled. He laid himself across Top’s lap. “You two are both such lovesick puppies!” Top pushed him onto the floor, where he fell asleep in a drunken slumber.

The remainder of the ride was silent. G-Dragon politely wished Top goodnight as they reached his home. Heaving Seungri up onto his shoulders, G-Dragon called for Seungri’s driver to come retrieve him. With one last wave, he disappeared from Top’s sight. There was something about watching him go that made his heart ache.

Once home, Top immediately removed his suit and took a shower. As everyone should know, shower time is life contemplation time. Reminiscing his childhood memories, more specifically the ones with Jiyong, he began to rethink his actions. Getting out of the shower, he decided he really needed ice cream, any kind so long as it had chocolate in it. Like mom always said, when you’re going through a crisis, ice cream is your best friend. Weight be damned, he needed this.

Tugging on whatever was lying around, he exited his apartment. (Turns out, he managed to grab his old green Scooby-Doo T-shirt and his black track pants with some sandals. He definitely was making a fashion statement.)

Thankfully, no one recognized him. (With that fashion statement who would?) Entering the local ice cream shop, he ordered just a neutral chocolate cone, before leaving to walk the streets. Making his way to Han River, he peered out across the river from the bridge, trying to figure out where the heck his mind had gone.

Seeing all those pictures of the past, from the good old days, as well as the video from prom night left Top so confused. What was wrong with being gay? Why did he ever find it so disgusting? Why did he push his best friend away? In hindsight, his high school days were lonely.

“WATCH OUT!”

Top turned towards the voice, only to see a bike tire crash into him.

“Oh my God! I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” Top looked up to see a short brunet staring down at him with worried eyes. Top thought he resembled a puppy. Rubbing his head, where figurative stars circled, he began to sit up. “Oh dear God, you’re Top!”

Eyes widening and fully regaining his senses, he sprang forward to cover the man’s mouth. The bridge wasn’t busy in the slightest, but Top couldn’t risk it. “Don’t tell anyone you saw me!” he shushed the boy, realizing late that he was a solid head taller than the boy. He actually had to look down at him.

Squirming out of his grasp, the man bowed respectfully. “I won’t tell a soul! My name’s Baekhyun, and I am a huge fan! Like right now, I really love how homely you look.”

Now remembering what he was wearing, Top mentally face-palmed. Of course this would happen. “Well Baekhyun, I’m alright. You didn’t hurt me, so I’ll just be on my way.” Baekhyun’s puppy dog eyes were beginning to freak him out. He started walking away, careful not to catch his eye.

“I hope you and G-Dragon have a long and happy relationship!” Baekhyun called to his retreating back.

Top froze mid-step. How did he know that? Seeing he had caught his attention, Baekhyun practically skipped over. “Are you not okay with your relationship being found out? I mean I only like you more now that I know. The playboy image was kind of annoying. No offense,” Baekhyun questioned curiously. Top turned to lean on the side of the bridge, looking out over the water as he had done before.

He sighed. “It’s complicated, all of it, though I appreciate the support.”

Baekhyun leaned against the side next to him. “When you look at him, I can see the same just adoration and love in your eyes like I see in my Chanyeol.” He paused a bit. “When I look at G-Dragon, I see that he’s not as confident in the relationship, like he’s faced heartbreak one too many times. Just treat him with the utmost respect and kindness and he’ll come around.”

Top remained silent. Was this his doing? Did he break G-Dragon’s heart? Wait, did he love Jiyong? Is that was this feeling is? Love? This was nothing like those crushes he’d had growing up. Now that he thinks about it, Jiyong had always been his standard, both in gorgeous body and mind.

“Baekhyun?” Said man looked over in surprise, vibrating slightly from the sudden voice. “How did you know you loved Chanyeol?”

He hesitated to answer, but seeing Top’s lost look, he chose to reply. “He became my everything. Everyone I dated just weren’t right because those guys weren’t Chanyeol. His smile and dorky laugh clouded my mind at all points of the day. That’s how I realized I loved him.”

The last piece of the puzzled snuggled into its place. Everything made sense now. He loved G-Dragon! He loved Jiyong! He’s been such a jerk. Would G-Dragon ever have him? Did he lose him before he ever had him? In his flustered revolution, he’d forgotten Baekhyun was still next to him.

“Go get him.”

The voice startled him. Baekhyun smiled at him, gesturing for him to go. Quickly hugging his fan and savior, he began running back towards home.

“Thank you! Thank you so much Baekhyun!”

As he watched his idol go, a man biked towards him. “There you are! I was worried sick! Did you get side-tracked or something?” He turned to smile at his lovely giant.

“Something like that, Chanyeol. Something like that.”

, he never got his autograph!

~*~

He chickened out. It was nearly two in the morning; he couldn’t call him or go to him now. That’s what he told himself at least. G-Dragon was just as awake as he was. Top, what are you going to do? Maybe he could buy him flowers or get him a stuffed bear. What the hell would he do with a stuffed bear, Top? This isn’t some Junior High Valentines’ Day!”

He settled with getting him a bouquet of flowers—including tulips, roses and purple and blue hyacinths—alone with a written apology in a hope he’d be forgiven or at least be able to start anew.

The next morning, he arrived at the studio early, quickly leaving the gift on G-Dragon’s desk before heading down to the photo-shoot site. He cleaned up any and all messes, organizing brushes, pins, needles, cloth, makeup, everything the way he’d seen GD do time and time before. When all the mess was gone, he sat himself down in a chair and began to read, hoping GD would come find him once he found the gift. He ended up falling asleep.

Seungri woke him about three hours later for the photo-shoot. “It’s one-o-clock, get up and get ready. I have a major hangover and want this done within the next two hours, or so help me God, I will kill someone.”

Doing as he was told, the shoot managed to finish in about an hour and a half instead of the expected two. As Seungri was leaving, Top called to him. “Have you seen G-Dragon today?”

Stopping in surprise, Seungri turned to him, “Didn’t you hear?” Seeing the stupid expression on Top’s face, he continued. “His grandmother passed away this morning.”

That sent a shock through Top’s system. Granny Kwon was gone? Top knew GD was close to her, extremely close. She was more his mother than his own. She used to bake Top his favorite brownies every time he came over to hang out with Jiyong. Fighting the urge to break down right then and there, he sprinted past Seungri. GD needed someone right now.

“He’s not letting anyone in to see him, Top!” Seungri shouted after him.

“He’ll let me in! I know he will!”

Retrieving the bouquet and letter, he rushed home. He scrambled through the few recipes he had for Granny Kwon’s brownie recipe. He liked it so much; she’d given him it. Quickly setting to work, his mind raced, all thoughts on GD. How was he? Is he coping? Once the brownies were done—several were slightly burnt but there was nothing he could do about it and he was in a hurry—he booked it out the door, into his car and towards GD’s estate. Please let me in, G-Dragon… Jiyong.

Arriving there, the home was surrounded by press, all hoping to catch the stoic GD crying. The second someone spotted him, press swarmed his car like flies on a dead carcass. Thinking quickly, he called GD’s cellphone. Pick up. Pick up! Hearing the click from the other end, he hurriedly said, “Jiyong, it’s Seunghyun. I’m right outside. Please let me in when I knock.” Before GD could reply, he hung up.

Making his way out of the car and fighting through the endless sea of paparazzi, he finally came up to the door. Seriously, they’re like wolves stalking their prey. Rapping on it thrice, he paused for two seconds before knocking just once more. It was their old knock from back in Junior High. Hopefully he remembered. Swinging the door open, GD ran into Top’s arms, hiding his face in his chest. Oh yeah, the boyfriend act, he’d forgotten about that. Escorting the lachrymose man back into his home, Top shut the door behind him but didn’t let go.

GD tried to pull away. “Let go of me Top. I don’t want to deal with this right now. You can sneak out the back to keep up appearances. Please just leave me alone Seunghyun.” He practically begged him. Top let go reluctantly.

“I just wanted to help. I’m not here for the stupid act. I know how close you are to Granny Kwon,” he said dejectedly.

G-Dragon rounded on him furiously. He caught himself from shouting to drag Top further into his house to avoid being overheard by the press. When they reached his office, he finally snapped. “I don’t need your sympathy, and I don’t need your comfort. But most of all, Granny does not need your pity. Now get out of my house!”

Top held his ground. “It may have been years ago the last time I saw her, but Granny Kwon treated me kinder than my own parents! Why can’t two people who cared for her mourn together?”

G-Dragon reached the peak of his rage, practically fuming. “You have no right to mourn her! You broke her heart when you rejected me!” Top froze. Rejected? Oh my god, he was such an idiot. In high school, he had been so cruel, but GD must’ve liked him then. Oh how bad that must’ve hurt. GD slapped him. Top didn’t stop it. He deserved it after all he’d done. He ed up. Big time.

In an attempt to calm and submit to the angered man, Top sunk down to his knees. “If there was anything I never wanted to do, it was hurt her.” He started sobbing. “I’m so sorry Jiyong. In high school, I was so scared so I pushed you away. I was scared of not being accepted. My image was everything, but I was an idiot. I’ve always been an idiot. Can you ever forgive this idiot?”

G-Dragon was speechless. What was he supposed to say?

“I have no excuse for my cruelty. I don’t blame you if you can never forgive me. I’ve had ten years to come to terms with everything. I’ve spent ten lonely years apart from you. I’m so sorry, Jiyong.”

G-Dragon stared down at his old best friend, worrying his lip with his teeth. He knelt down next to the man. He hesitated for a brief moment before deciding to encircle his arms around the sobbing man. Top froze. “Seunghyun-ah…” he started. “I may not be able to forgive you right away, but give me time. Earn my trust.” He kept his arms around him until he calmed down. “If you want, I need some cheering up. You can stay and do that.” He cursed his own niceness. One wrong move and Top is out.

The two spent the rest of the day and well into the night catching up, watching movies and remaking those brownies Top did a horrible job on. (GD had laughed at how deformed they’d become. The flowers were put in a vase next to a picture of his grandmother.) Without even realizing it, the two had reestablished their old friendship. They were chatting like they used to, as if time hadn’t passed. As if high school never happened.

Granny Kwon would’ve been happy.

Before they knew it, both had fallen asleep in the middle of watching the Lion King for the second time that night, it being G-Dragon’s favorite movie.

~*~

The two snuck out of the house the next morning, after fooling the press to think they’d already left. Coming into work together, bumping shoulders as they left the elevator, several of the other employees stared. Gossip spread like wildfire through the office.  Oh my god! G-Dragon looked happy! The only time that ever happened was after a successful runway fashion show. And even then, that was more relief than actually happiness. Didn’t his beloved grandmother die just yesterday?

Somehow, this information reached Seungri in his isolated office. Bounding out of his office and upon seeing GD and Top, he literally squealed. “YES! GTOP IS CANON!” he exclaimed.

[Commence post-pubescent fanboying.]

~*~

A month passed since then. The fake relationship has gone wonderfully. Skin ship between the two became easier and easier. They actually felt like a couple though they’d just repaired their relationship. With such a comfortable feeling between the two, Top finally decided he’d confess his feelings for G-Dragon.

But how should I do that? Should I bring him to an amusement park and confess on top of the Ferris wheel? Should I confess in front of people or make it small and private? Private seems better. Um… Oh god, what do I do?

The Han River! That’s perfect! It’s where he came to realize his feelings, so it should be where he confessed them as well, right?

He called Jiyong to meet him there that night and spent the remainder of the day freaking out getting ready for the date. He arrived at the bridge exactly 36 minutes before their designated meeting time. His nerves caused him to be there so early for fear of being late and having GD get mad at him, and then push him away, and then he won’t be able to ever kiss him or love him or anything, and Top would just die sad and alone.

Okay, so maybe he was exaggerating a bit.

The closer to 7-o-clock, the meeting time, came, the more nervous he got. He started pacing. Since he’d been there so long, some people recognized him, but were nice enough to leave him alone, instead watching shyly from a distance since it appeared that he was beyond freaking out and waiting for G-Dragon.

Promptly two minutes before seven, GD arrived. He smiled as he jogged up towards Top. Like every time he saw him, he looked absolutely breathtaking. Granted, he was wearing track pants and a fluffy jacket, but still he just looked gorgeous. “So, what are we doing? Just going on a moon lit walk, going out to eat, what?” GD asked. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d think this was a date.”

Top cleared his throat and took a steadying breath. He grabbed Jiyong’s hands and stared down right into his eyes. “So, before I say anything, I want to start off by saying I’m sorry about being a jerk in high school and being homophobic and . I was immature and stupid. But most of all, I was cruel. I give you my sincerest apologies.” GD stared back at him, his eyes portraying confusion.

Top took another steadying breath. However right as he opened his mouth to continue, he felt pain shoot into his side and force pushing him off his feet. “Seunghyun-ah!” he heard Jiyong cry in alarm, rushing over to his side. I think I’m seeing stars.

“Oh my god, are you okay?” He turned to see who hit him only to see a very familiar face. “Top? I hit you again? I’m so sorry!”

As GD helped him up, Baekhyun pulled out a first aid kit from his backpack. To calm his fan once more, Top joked, “I think your bike is attracted to me or something. You might need to get that fixed.” Baekhyun handed GD a wet cloth and a few Band-Aids in order for him to clean up his hurt boyfriend. His arm was scraped up from landing down on the pavement.

“I’m so sorry. Is there anything I can do?” Baekhyun asked worriedly.

G-Dragon flashed him a smile. “No, you’re okay. No harm was done. Seunghyun would’ve done this to himself somehow regardless. He’s always been a bit clumsy.” Top pouted at the statement. “Just once again, don’t tell anyone you saw us.”

“Thank you so much Mr. G-Dragon. I’m so sorry once again,” Baekhyun bowed low. “I should go.”

Top suddenly thought of something. “Oh! Baekhyun wait! Jiyong, do you have a copy of next month’s magazine?” GD shot him a confused looked but nodded. He reached into his backpack and pulled it out. He always kept one on him to look it over for mistakes when he had free time. As much as he trusts their editors, he wants to make sure.

Taking the magazine, Top signed it before handing it back for GD to sign. After signing it, he handed it back, still confused as hell. “I owe you for literally knocking some sense into me. I realize I didn’t give my biggest fan an autograph the last time so I hope this makes up for that. Take it; it’s yours.”

Baekhyun wanted to squeal, but he kept his composure. (Really, he was grinning like an idiot, but that’s significantly better than him post-pubescent fanboying.) “Thank you so much! I’ll always support you. Both of you!” Grabbing his bike, he waved as he biked off. Top smiled happily.

Where were we? Turning back to GD, he grabbed his hands again. “Baekhyun helped me see how just mean I was. I acted like a significantly worse version of an elementary school boy with a crush.”

GD’s eyes widened. “Are you asking me out?” he asked tentatively.

Top nodded. “Kwon Jiyong, I’m in love with you. Will you go out with me? For real this time?” The only thing G-Dragon could do was nod. He couldn’t believe this. Was this for real? Smiling uncontrollably, Top leaned forward and kissed GD. Both couldn’t be happier.                                              


Written for my best friend IAmTheCarla. I wrote this way earlier this year, but only now am I able to get on to post it. This is my first Big Bang fanfic, so I hope you enjoyed it. I have several projects in the works right now, but I wanted to get something out to you all before then. Comments are greatly appreciated. They make my day.