Even Incognito Mode Won't Help You If Someone Is Staring Over Your Shoulder

Himchan's Secret

"Himchan, it’s time for breakfast," Yongguk said as he walked into Himchan’s room. He waited for Himchan to get off of his computer, but the second oldest didn’t respond, instead continuing to tap away at the keyboard. With a sigh, Yongguk moved farther into the room Himchan shared with Jongup, "Himchan, I said it’s breakfast time… what are you writing?"

 

Because he finally entered Himchan’s peripheral vision, Himchan turned to see what was there. Seeing Yongguk standing there staring at his laptop’s screen, Himchan yelped and minimized the screen as quick as he possibly could.

 

Himchan pulled his earphones out of his ears, “Bbang! I—I thought I told you to knock!”

 

"I did and I even called your name— what were you writing about me?" 

 

"Ummm…." Himchan bit his lip as he tried to think of a good answer.

 

Yongguk narrowed his eyes in confusion as he looked down at Himchan, “Himchan…”

 

"Yes?"

 

"What are writing which needs to include us kissing?"

 

The silence between the two friends was thick enough to swim through as they sat there staring at one another.

 

Jongup came in drying his hair with a towel, “Himchan, how is your new story coming? Oh! Hi, Yongguk, is breakfast ready?”

 

"Sto— Himchan, are you writing…" Yongguk took a deep breath, "are you writing fanfiction about us?"

 

Himchan groaned and threw up his hands in defeat, “Yes, okay, yes I am writing fanfiction about us. There was— Yongguk, come back!”

 

Himchan stood up and ran after his best friend, “Yongguk, you don’t understand. Daehyun and Youngjae have better stories written about them than we do. Can you believe that?!” Himchan scoffed.

 

"What does it matter?! Why do you feel the need to write about us in a romantic relationship?! Do the fans not do a good enough job?" 

 

Himchan smirked, “Well, if you want my honest opinion, they could totally step up their game. Then again, they don’t know you like I do. That is probably why I get such good reviews and so many votes.”

 

Yongguk stopped in mid-stride and turned around slowly, “Am I to understand that this isn’t your first time writing about us?”

 

"Woah, Himchan is writing what?"

 

Himchan and Yongguk looked over to see that Daehyun, Zelo, and Youngjae were sitting at the dining table munching on their breakfast. Daehyun, the one who had asked, stared at them the hardest.

 

"I believe the right term is Banghim stories," Himchan said honestly.

 

Yongguk groaned. He turned back around and continued on his way, away from Himchan, not wanting to deal with Himchan’s anymore.

 

"Yongguk! Bbang! It’s not only us I’ve written about!" Himchan rushed after him. "I wrote a really cute Jonglo too! All my subscribers loved it!"

 

"That isn’t making this any better!" Yongguk shouted in exasperation as Himchan followed him into his room.

 

"I had a feeling some of those stories seemed to realistic," Zelo shook his head before taking another bite of his food.

 

Youngjae’s spoon slipped through his fingers. Daehyun’s mouth hung open, food still inches from his mouth as he stilled. Both of them looked over at Zelo in unison who continued to eat like nothing was amiss.

 

Feeling the stares he looked up, ”What?”

 

"I…" Daehyun cleared his throat as he tried to make a grammatically correct sentence, "You read fanfiction?"

 

"Enough that you can say ‘some’ of them seem realistic?" Youngjae added on.

 

Zelo shrugged, “I like to know what our fans are thinking. Daejae seems to have the best stories though. They can be pretty funny… you guys don’t write too, do you?”

 

"NO!" They shouted at the same time.

 

"Oh, good, because I thought one of those stories was real. Oh, shoot! I have to go to school!" Zelo rushed from the table and picked up his bag on his way to the front door.

 

The vocal line sat there stunned by all the revelations that had come to light, so early in the morning.

 

"I thought we were the crazy ones," Daehyun said in disbelief.

 

"Me too…" Youngjae smirked at Daehyun, "Want to see what Himchan has written?"

 

"And judge the hell out of it? Count me in!" The duo scrambled from the table and dashed to Himchan and Jongup’s room, food forgotten in exchange to find ammunition to use against their oldest members.