Part 3

Love Game

It was the hardest time for Joohyun in this six months. She didn’t expect that Yonghwa would suddenly come again into her life. She was the one who ask him to go. Maybe this was the best, even it was hurt. Maybe this pain would go away… maybe.

Joohyun kept on her life as usual but she felt she lost a part of her life. Maybe this was the after effect. Yonghwa became her habit back then so when he went away she felt empty. But was it normal if she felt this miserable even after this long six months?

Tiffany sensed the change of her friend. But Joohyun always said, “I’m okay”, “Gwaenchanha”, “I’m just tired.” Tiffany tried so hard to cheer her up. Even she ever set Joohyun on a date with Jungshin. It ended up so terrible. Joohyun boldly rejected Jungshin and she got mad to Tiffany.

“You shouldn’t have to do that, Eonni…” Said Joohyun.

“But I want you to be happy, Joohyun-ah. And I think Jungshin is a good man.” Said Tiffany.

“Thank you but I don’t like him. You can’t force me.”

“I’m sorry.” Said Tiffany regretfully, “but please tell me what actually happen to you…”

“This is for me to keep, Eonni. I don’t want to talk about it. I hope you understand.” Said Joohyun.

Tiffany held Joohyun’s hands. She couldn’t say anything. Joohyun already set the wall that she couldn’t get through.

 

Yonghwa never come to Joohyun’s apartment or visit the showroom that she work in. It almost six months since the last day they met. He filled his day with work, work and work. He work just like a robot. He became cold and didn’t talk much. He improve his skill in managing his business and gained the commissioners’ trust. Jung family business ran so smooth. But Jung Yonghwa never be the same again, now he was cold and stern. Even his father noticed his change.

“Yonghwa-yah…” His father called. “I really proud of you.”

“Thank you, Abeoji.”

“Are these responsibility burden you so much? You seems troubled.”

“Aniyo, Abeoji.”

His father just looked at his son. He was really concern about Yonghwa, but Yonghwa didn’t want to talk.

“Maybe it’s time for you to have a wife?”

Yonghwa looked up at his father and gave him a cold stare. He didn’t want to talk about that. Mentioned about wife matter really irked him. The one he wanted to be with was only Joohyun, no one else.

“Not now.” Yonghwa answered.

His father noticed his tense gesture. Oh, maybe the touch of woman could bring back his cheerful son again.

“You know, I have a friend. His daughter already finished her master degree and….”

“No, Abeoji. I’m not interested.” Yonghwa cut him off.

“But I think it’s the time for you to get married.”

“I’ve already become your heir as you want me to be. So please, don’t push me again to do something else as you wish.”

His father was taken aback. It’s true that he gave his position earlier than it used to be to Yonghwa. He realized that Yonghwa had a tough time, so maybe he would let Yonghwa for this marriage matter.

“Abeoji…” Yonghwa called.

“Yes?”

“If I tell you that I have someone that I love, what will you say?”

“Oh? You have? It’s great. Just marry her.” His father beamed.

“But the bad news is she isn’t come from our society.”

“Yonghwa-yah, are you kidding?”

“No. I’m serious.” Yonghwa looked at his father with so much determination.

From Yonghwa’s eyes, his father know that he couldn’t stop his son.

 

***

 

Yonghwa slumped himself on the couch and heaved a heavy sigh. He loosened his tie and looked around. For the past six months he felt so lonely. He just work but his heart felt so empty. When he felt desperate, he didn’t have someone to lay on. There was no Joohyun to lay on. There was no her soft caress. There was no her encouraging words. There was no her when he needed her the most.

He was dying to dial her phone number but he resist. He was afraid of her rejection. More over he was afraid to make her cry. It was enough to see her tears streaming on her beautiful face. He couldn’t bear it.

“Seo Joohyun.” He called her and let her name echoed in his apartment. “Joohyun…. Hyun-ah…” Yonghwa closed his eyes and let his tears dropped on his cheek. “I miss you.”

 

***

 

Joohyun suddenly woke up from her sleep. Her cheeks were wet by her tears.

“Oh my God.” She whispered and covered her face with her palm. “That dream again.”

She always dream about Yonghwa. Sweet dream or even nightmare. It always included him on her dream. And tonight, she dreamed about him calling her name over and over again. He said that he missed her. She really wanted to reach him but she couldn’t. Somehow her feet didn’t want to move. So she cried and cried in her dream because she couldn’t come to him.

“Yonghwa Oppa…” She whispered and sobbed.

For this six months, her feeling never change. She still longing for the man that she couldn’t have. She kept calling his name, hoping somehow he could hear her.

A doorbell ring startled her. She never had a visitor this late at night. The one who would come rudely at this hour was only him. But it couldn’t be….

She wiped her tears and got up from her bed. She walked slowly to the door. She was hesitate to open the door. It might be a burglar, but no… burglar wouldn’t ring the bell. She brave herself then opened the door slowly.

She gasped. She couldn’t believe her eyes.

Jung Yonghwa was standing on her door.

 

It just like a dream. Jung Yonghwa now sitting on her couch. Six months ago, having this man around was a natural thing. But now, it felt awkward.

“Here..” Joohyun put a cup of tea on the table in front of him.

“Thanks.” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun sat on the other chair. She couldn’t sat too near from him. She just couldn’t. Or else she would sob and beg him to come back to her.

“Why are you so distant?” Asked Yonghwa. “Sit here.” Yonghwa patted the empty space beside her.

“It’s okay. I just sit here.” She said.

Yonghwa just nodded and sipped his tea. “How are you?” He started the conversation.

“I’m fine.”

“Really?” He asked. “But I’m not.”

Joohyun looked up at him and found him staring at her. His eyes…. Oh how she missed his eyes so bad. His face. His body. Him. She just stayed silent but her tears melted on her cheek.

Yonghwa got up from the couch and kneeled in front of her. Without warning, he hugged her waist and leaned his head on her stomach.

That done. Joohyun leaned to him and hugged him back. She cried her heart out. She let out his sadness in this six months. No matter how hard she tried to forget him, she just couldn’t do that.

Yonghwa snuggled even more to her. He felt so glad that he decided to come to her. This felt right. This was the place he belong to. To be in her arm…

 

They were both lying on her bed, hugging each other. Yonghwa her hair gently as Joohyun devoured his touch on her. She already stopped crying. There was no more reason to cry. He was already here.. Yonghwa was here and that was enough.

“I miss you…” Yonghwa whispered. “six months without you just like hell on earth.”

“But you do great without me.” Said Joohyun. “I read a lot of good article about Jung corporation.”

“You even monitor me.” Yonghwa smiled.

“Of course.”

“I intentionally drown myself in work to forget you and also to prove myself to my father.”

“Congratulation.. you’ve done a great job.”

“I’ve done a great job on making my father proud, but I’ve failed miserably on forgetting you.”

Joohyun giggled, “I’m thankful for that.”

“Hey…” Yonghwa pulled himself from her so he could see her eyes. “So you secretly hoping that I won’t forget you?”

“You guess…” Joohyun bit her lips shyly.

“I guess you really want me back to you.” Yonghwa pecked her nose.

“So full of yourself.” Joohyun smiled as she poked his cheek playfully.

“Am I wrong?”

Joohyun giggled and shook her head.

Yonghwa smiled at her and kissed her lips gently. Their kiss was so slow and sweet. There was no need to rush. They both here together, never ran away again.

“I’ll never let you go ever again.” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun just looked at him but she wasn’t responding.

“Wae? You don’t trust me?”

“I trust you.” Joohyun simply answered. “It just… little bit anxious.”

“Listen to me, Hyun. I love you. I will fight for our love. I’ll protect you.”

Joohyun just smiled and his cheek, “You don’t have to promise me anything. As long as you are here, I’m okay. Being hurt.. being humiliated... I think that’s inevitable. Just let’s prepare for the worst.”

“Hyun~ are you ready to go through all of those with me?” Asked Yonghwa, “It will be hard.”

“As long as you stay with me. I’m ready.”

Yonghwa sighed in relief. “Thank you.” He whispered and kissed her passionately.

 

***

 

This morning felt brighter than before. Joohyun felt so happy and content. This was what she should do for a long time. She needed him to be here. Whatever it takes. She stretched her body and looked at her side. Yonghwa slept soundly.

“Oppa~” Joohyun poked his cheek.

“Hngg….” Yonghwa just groaned in his sleep.

“Wake up~ wake up~” She pinched his cheek.

“Hngg!!” He groaned again but still sleeping.

“Let’s take a shower….together?” She giggled.

Then Yonghwa’s eyes fluttered open. “Uhuh.. let’s go.”

“Ya! ert!” She chuckled then pulled the blanket to cover her body.

“You are!” Yonghwa laughed then pulled down the blanket.

“Yah~” Joohyun squealed and pulled the blanket again.

Yonghwa chuckled and leaned on her to stole a peck.

“Oppa~” Joohyun whined cutely.

“Wae, Hyun~” Yonghwa kept pecking her lips.

Joohyun giggled, “Stop now or we’ll be late for work.”

Yonghwa leaned on her chest and hugged her tight. “I just want to hug you all day.”

“Later.. we can do it on weekend.” Joohyun his hair.

“Sound nice.” Yonghwa sighed as his lips brushing her smooth skin. He started to move his hips on her.

“Emm.. Oppa~” Joohyun tugged his hair. “Stop, o-okay?”

“Just once, Hyun~ and I’ll be quick.”

As usual. She never refuse.

 

***

 

Yonghwa dropped Joohyun in the showroom where she work. They didn’t try to cover anything or act discrete. Yonghwa parked his car casually in front of the showroom.

“I’ll pick you up.” Said Yonghwa.

“Okay.” Said Joohyun then she opened the car door.

“Wait!” Yoghwa called.

“What?” Joohyun turned to him.

“Kiss me first.” He puckered his lips cutely at her.

Joohyun chuckled and gave him a long kiss. “See you later, Handsome..” Joohyun pecked his lips once before went out from his car.

 

Tiffany who was already arrived in showroom just gaped at the sight. She immediately pulled Joohyun and cornered her for interrogation.

“That’s Mr. Jung?” She gasped.

“Yes.”

“And he drive you here?”

“Just like you see.”

“Seo Joohyun!!!” Tiffany squealed loudly. “What the hell is happening right now?”

“Emm.. what’s happening? Yonghwa oppa drive me here just now.”

“And now you call him Yonghwa oppa??” Tiffany’s eyes widen in shock. “You are so gonna spill all the beans, Young lady!”

“But I don’t eat beans.” Joohyun chuckled.

“Ish!” Tiffany slaped Joohyun’s . “Now here, sit down!”

Joohyun followed Tiffany and sat beside her. Smiled plastered on Joohyun face and it made Tiffany frowned.

“You look stupid with that smile.” Said Tiffany. “Now, tell me what’s happening.”

Joohyun sighed. “Eonni, remember when Yonghwa oppa, erm I mean Mr. Jung approached us the first time?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes at how Joohyun called Yonghwa. “Yes.”

“You said that he was interested in me because he looked at me a little bit longer.”

“Uhuh…”

“You are right.”

“NE??!!” Tiffany shouted so loud.

“Shhh, Eonni!” Joohyun covered Tifanny’s lips with her palm.

“Ups, sorry.” Tiffany giggled. “And then??”

“Well, he pick me up that night and…”

“And what?!” Tiffany gasped.

“Eonni, listen to me first!”

“Arraseo.. arraseo…” Tiffany put her finger on her lips.

“He pick me up that night and we…. Erm let’s say meeting each other often after that day.” Joohyun hide the fact that actually she already slept with Yonghwa and did it over and over again since then.

“You are dating with Mr. Jung?” Tiffany covered in shock.

“I’m not sure if it’s dating…” Joohyun shrugged, “But then something happen. We fight and I ask him to leave.”

“Oh! I know it! So that’s way you look gloomy in these past months!” Said Tiffany.

Joohyun nodded. “And last night he come to me again.”

Tiffany just looked at her in amazement. “And you keep it for so long from me??”

“I just can’t tell anybody. I’m sorry, Eonni.” Said Joohyun apologetically.

“This is crazy.” Tiffany shook her head, “And now you are officially dating with him?”

“Maybe…” Joohyun shrugged.

“Yah! You should state your status clearly!”

“I think it’s clear enough between us.”

Their conversation was cut by Joohyun’s phone. It was a short message.

 

I miss you already, Baby.

Don’t too close with another man. You are mine!

 

-Your Yonghwa oppa.

 

It made her smile that wouldn’t leave her lips for the rest of the day.

 

***

 

Joohyun waited impatiently in her apartment. He walked back and forth, sat on the couch in a second, stood up in another second then back to walk back and forth again. She was restless and mad. Yonghwa promised to come to her apartment at 8 pm. It already pass midnight, but Yonghwa was nowhere to be seen.

She already prepared dinner for them. She really excited and made a lot of dishes. But all the food already turned cold on the dining table.

Joohyun dialed his number for the countless times, but it said that the number wasn’t active. She was so mad and upset. Moreover, she was worry something bad happen to him.

A loud thunder was heard outside. Joohyun looked out the window and found it started to rain heavily. She became more anxious. She clutched her hands together, praying for her oppa to be alright.

Suddenly, he heard her door bell ring. She almost jumped from her couch and literally running to open the door. The door swung open revealed the drenched Jung Yonghwa.

“Oppa!” She squealed then hug him tight. Not minding that she made her own clothes wet.

“Hi. I’m sorry, I’m late. There’s a sudden important meeting then I stuck in traffic jam.” He said.

“Are you okay?” Joohyun touched his cheek with her palm.

“I’m fine.. just wet.” He chuckled.

“Go get warm bath and change your clothes. Fortunately you left some of your clothes here.” Joohyun talked non stop, “Ah wait.. I’ll get you fresh towel. Do you want warm tea or coffee?”

“Hyun~” Yonghwa hugged her and smiled giddily.

“Oppa, hurry get a warm bath.” She patted his back.

“Hmm..” He hummed and snuggled more to her. “Thank you, Hyun~” He pecked her temple then went to bathroom.

 

Joohyun already heat up all the food and made him a warm jasmine tea. He set the table again then wash her hand on the sink. Then she felt Yonghwa hugged he from behind. He was so warm and smells so good. Strangely, her soap and shampoo smells better on his body.

Joohyun giggled and turned around and found that he was shirtless. He only wear his jeans.

“Yah, aren’t you cold?” She asked playfully.

“Nope.” He chuckled then leaned to kiss her lips.

“Let’s have dinner.” Joohyun murmured on his lips.

“I’m having my dinner now.” He said as he kissed Joohyun some more.

Joohyun giggled, “Real dinner, Oppa. Food.” She hit his bare chest.

“I’m already full by just kissing you.” He said. But his stomach said otherwise, it rumbled so loud.

Joohyun laughed so loud, “Come on, Oppa. Let’s eat. You need real food.” Joohyun pulled Yonghwa to the dining table.

 

They finished their dinner and now they just cuddling on the couch. Yonghwa leaned on the couch while Joohyun sat on his lap. His hands securely hugged her waist as he brushed his lips on her temple. Joohyun closed her eyes, enjoying his warmth, hands tracing his smooth chest.

“Hey..” Yonghwa called.

“Hmm?” Joohyun answered without opened her eyes.

“If you are a mother, how many children that you want to have?”

“Hmm… two or three.” She answered.

“Ohh..” Yonghwa simply responded. “If I’m who being the father of those three children, how is it?”

Joohyun opened her eyes and looked at Yonghwa’s eyes. “Oppa…” Her eyes got misty. She thought she would cry anytime soon.

“And if I ask you to marry me, will you say yes?” Yonghwa asked. Soft smiled was plastered on his handsome face.

“Oppa… I…” Joohyun went speechless.

“I need your answer, Hyun-ah~”

“No…”

“Ne?????”

“No.. I won’t refuse..” She giggled.

Yonghwa laughed nervously then he hugged her tight. “You scared me, Hyun~”

“How can I say no? Stupid oppa!” She chuckled.

“Jashik!” Yonghwa kissed her forehead. “Now…” Yonghwa searched something from his pocket. He grabbed Joohyun’s left hand and unceremoniously slipped a simple ring on her ring finger.

“Omo!” Joohyun lifted her hand. “Is it….”

“Well..”

“I never expect this will happen fast..”

“Wae? Shiro?”

“Aniya.. Johae.” Joohyun tilted her head to him. “Thank you, Oppa.”

He leaned down to kiss her gently. This was his promise.. to always love her and never ever let her go whatever would happen in the future. He was dying when he lost her once.. and he wouldn’t make that stupid mistake for the second time.

 

***

 

“Oppa.. wake up!”

“Hmm..”

“It’s morning already.. wake up! Or else you’ll late for work.”

“Five minutes, Hyun~”

“Aish!” Joohyun slapped Yonghwa’s , “Fine! You better be!”

Joohyun left the bed and went to kitchen. She opened the fridge and took all the ingredient for the breakfast. She broke the egg then make an omelet. That was her usual morning activity. It went peaceful until Yonghwa come and hugged her from behind.

“Good morning, My beautiful wife.” He whispered on her ear then kiss her cheek gently.

She smiled, “Wake up in five minutes sharp. Good job, My dear hubby.”

“I am a man with his words.” He chuckled.

She laughed, “Just take a bath now!”

“Five minutes, Hyun~” He said then tighten his hug on her.

“Oppa!”

Yes. Finally they get married one month after Yonghwa proposed her. Yonghwa’s father didn’t oppose him even though Joohyun came from different background with his family. There were a talk and mock about their marriage but they just shrugged it off. Yonghwa didn’t care and just focused on his work and also protecting his Joohyun from any harm.

It was already six months of their marriage. It went not really smooth, just like a newlywed did. They quarreled and fought a lot, but they could solve their problem and reached higher level of understanding.

Joohyun stopped working in showroom. Yonghwa thought that it would be better if she didn’t work in his own company. They didn’t have to worry about finance after all. Yonghwa could provide their life sufficiently.

Yonghwa suggested Joohyun to take her bachelor degree. At first Joohyun refused. She just wanted to be a full time house wife. But Yonghwa kept insisting her to go to school. Finally, she agreed and now she was preparing her enrollment to Dongguk University, business and management major.

Until now, they haven’t had a child. They were longing for baby cry and small steps running in their house. But seems God haven’t given it yet. The day would come on the right time.

Yonghwa already ready for work. He eat breakfast so fast then drank her water. He wore his shoes while Joohyun helped him to tidy his tie.    

“Done!” Joohyun smoothen his suit.

“I’m going.”

Joohyun tiptoed and kissed his lips, “Fighting!”

“Ne, Buinnie~” He said cutely.

“See you, Nampyeonnie~”

“I’ll go home early.”

She laughed, “That’s what you do since six months ago.”

“Can’t help it when I have a beautiful wife waiting for me.” He winked.

“Aish! so cheesy! Palli go!”

Yonghwa stole one more peck before he went. Joohyun smiled then waved at him. This was happiness. Live together with the beloved one. Joohyun and Yonghwa had through a lot to reach this. They would cherish it bits by bits.

Maybe it started with only just a mere game.. but in the end, this was love. 

 

END

 


 

Hi! This is meluvyuya~

i'm back with another (long) oneshot.

i devide it into 3 part.. post it in 1 part seems so uncomfortable to read. keke.

i'm a bad author.. ha ha ha yes i know.

if i have certain idea, i just have to write it straightaway, or else i'll forget it.

and if i get addicted to write it, i will write it until the idea drain (and of course, abandon my other fic. keke.)

i'm sleepy now. so happy reading and good night!