Final

Kitty Cat

Yongguk chuckled when he rounded the corner and saw a pretty black cat run up to him, meowing loudly for his attention, the little bell on its collar making the gentle jingling noise he had become accustomed to by now.

He wasn’t sure who the cat belonged to, but over the past few weeks it had greeted him every morning on his way to work and it was there when he came home at night too, sometimes looking at him with what appeared to be reproach in its eyes when he was later than expected (though that might just be Yongguk’s imagination).

“Hey there, kitty cat,” he mumbled as he crouched down to scratch the cat’s head, receiving a content purr in return. “You doing okay?”

“What are you doing?”

Yongguk jumped to his feet at the sound of the new voice, his eyes soon landing on a stranger a few feet away. The first thought that came to Yongguk’s mind was that this guy seemed oddly catlike, with his slanted, curious eyes.

The black cat meowed again and pattered over to the newcomer, who lifted him into his arms immediately, though his eyes were still on Yongguk and an amused smile was playing across his lips.

“I take it you’re the reason Zelo wants to go out so badly every morning?”

Ah, so then this was the cat’s owner. Yongguk nodded and grinned sheepishly. “Sorry.”

The other laughed, a dimple appearing by his eyes which was too endearing for Yongguk to look away from. “Don’t apologise, you haven’t done anything wrong. I’m Himchan, by the way.” He nodded at the building behind him. “I moved in there not too long ago.”

“Yongguk. You picked a pretty boring neighbourhood, you know,” Yongguk stated, smiling when he saw Zelo pawing at Himchan’s face gently.

“I noticed,” Himchan sighed. “I think Zelo has found the only interesting thing around here.”

Yongguk stared at the other, wondering if this guy was flirting with him or if he was completely misreading the situation.

Himchan grinned as he Zelo’s head. “I’d invite you in for coffee or something, but I take it you have somewhere to go.”

“No, I mean, yeah, well-” Yongguk blushed when Himchan laughed again, and he decided he liked the sound of it. Anyway, technically he didn’t need to be in work today; it was a Sunday, after all, and anything he had wanted to do today could wait until tomorrow.

Having made up his mind, he took a deep breath and smiled.

“Coffee sounds great.”

 

 

A/N: At first I intended to make Himchan a cat, but kitty Zelo seemed so much cuter. <3 Clever, too, playing a little matchmaker. XD