Prologue

Rumors & Experiments

Words like this is: this ...is a flashback. If it's confusing then ask away ur questions.I'll gladly answer. 


 

Hyukjae's POV

 

Ever since I was a child,precisely when I learn to understand things, I never knew much of my parents, not that I cared for them.

 

Let me tell you from the start. I was taken care by my grandmother. She was sweet to me, telling me stories of my parents. I began to get curious of these "parents" so I would tell her to tell me more. I always wonder if they wanted me back or why they left me. I always wished to be with them again.My wish was granted at age 8.

 

My grandma was wrinkly,forgetful,and old, really really old.She had to die at some point right?

 

After the mournful funeral, some workers told me to pack up my things. I was sent back to my parents, who were in their twenties I expected for them to say "It was a mistake to abandon you sweety,please forgive us". To welcome me with open arms. I was waiting for a cliché freeze frame when we had a family hug. Instead, on that day, they slapped me, yelling at me. That day I was given a set of rules. 

 

I became a e as my parents refer to repay them. I was beaten up all the time, and I was fed only scraps of leftovers which was rarely anything. 

 

For ages I've been and physically & mentally abuse. To this day, I always wondered: What did I do to deserve this? What did I do for them to hate me?

 

Nonethless. the abusing continued up to age 12. 

 

-/-/-/-/-/-/

 

My heart was racing, sweat roll down my forehead. I'm frighten at the sight of my parents fighting, throwing punches and slaps here and there.I sat on the couch,dangling my feet, quietly waiting for it to be over. I didn't exactly know why or how it started, it just did. I being a kid can't do anything.

 

Guessing they were loud,neighbor called the police. They came hours later barging in.

 

The neighbor took care of me while they investigated the crime. Afterward, my parents were charged for different reasons.

 

I was then sent to the orphanage, the place I grew to hate. An orphanage is a place to find a new home, a new start. Parents who want a child for various of reasons, come, looking for an innocent child who needs help. In my opinion I see it as they are looking for a toy.

 

Let me tell you,I am no toy.

 

Around age 13 1/2, I ran away...

 

-/-/-/-/

Tick tock tick tock. I waited for midnight to strike. Ding, I heard the father's clock ding from the other side of the building. I got up from bed,getting ready to escape.I packed the few clothes I got to bring with me into a plastic bag I managed to get. I guess the rustling of the bag woke up my roommate, since I heard the creaking of the bed. "Hyukkie what are you doing?" He yawned. "Running away, now shh!" I whisper. "Can I come?" He asked. 

 

"Only if you hurry up.Now be quiet!" I warned him, not wanting to get caught.While he packed up, I went over the plan in my head.

 

************************************

Henry and I had to changed so we wouldn't get caught. He didn't change much of his image.I,however,switched everything,I even switched my name to Eunhyuk. Now I have also become famous, in a bad way. I convicted crimes, a lot of them. Gangs became families. Cops became "friends". Jail became home. 

 

During these dark times, Henry only had me, and only trusted me, technically speaking he was my responsibility now. He became my partner in crime.

 

The only reason I had to convict crimes was to survive, to provide Henry with supplies.How else I would I take care of him? 

 

You're probably thinking: How are you both not imprisoned yet? Simple. Getting out of jail is easy.

 

You see, I know this cop, I mean chief of the cops who would always bailed me out. She and I got really close; close enough to become a family. She was like my second mom. Like any mom out there, they don't want their kids to do bad, right?

************************

[Present time]

 

I entered the police office, noticing my friend was in handcuff, siting on a bench. "Hey GD!" I greeted. He saw me, and we did our handshake. "What happened?" I pointed at his handcuffs. "One murder crime and they think I did all of them in this place," he sighed in frustration. "Tell me about it," I sat next to him. "And you?" 

 

"Came to see the big boss of this house," I responded. He looked at me weirdly. "Don't ask," I said. "Lee Eunhyuk?" Woohyun, one of the officers spoke. "Yes?" I looked at him.

 

"Eunhyuk you should stop convicting crimes, literally you'll be imprisoned sooner or later. Anyways go, the chief would like to speak to you." I rolled my eyes at him, and said goodbye to JiYoung. I knocked on the chief's door before entering.

 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

 

"HEY HENRY!" I shouted, walking through the alley. He was hanging out by himself, counting the ants, as he was squatting. " Catch!" I tossed him a copy of a key. "What is this?" He catched it. "A gift," I smiled. "What did she tell you? No. What happened in the police place?"  

 

 I took his hand, leading him to what was about to be our new home, answering:"I'll tell you after I show you the gift."


 

Meanwhile somewhere in an island that no one knows. "COME ON MOVE! ONE TWO!ONE TWO!" Someone screamed. Sirens were heard, people were moving everywhere like cockroaches.

 

The commander himself was sitting on a chair in his office,rubbing his temples. He stopped to take the bottle of beer on the desk, flinging it to the wall. "HOW CAN THIS BE!" He screamed. Just then, six men barged into the room. 

 

"SIR WE COULDN'T FIND THEM!" One of the officers reported. The commander looked at them,furious."Well, keep looking idiots. All of you!" The commander shouted. Four of them left,saluting of, the two who remained waited for orders. 

 

"Has he spoken?" The commander asked. "No sir!"

 

"Try again, then if he doesn't,"the commander stood up,pacing to think of a sloution."Send him to the torture room if he doesn't say anything." He finished his sentence. The two men left, leaving him alone.

 

************************************************

 

Crunch. "Can't you use your powers now?" Someone panted. "No, the people have high-tech gadgets if they sense our power waves they'll catch us," The leader panted aswell. "Fine," the two other people gave up. They continued running nonstop.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

What happens now?

What is the gift?

What did the cops say?

Who are they looking for?

TBC