|1

CROOKED

It wasn’t the time or place for ing around. But I never listened to my sub-conscious anyways. I should have walked a little faster since that I wasn’t familiar with this part of California, and finding my friend’s house was becoming harder. But since I wanted to go to the KCON concert so bad to see GDragon in LA, I ended up missing the last bus. I grabbed the straps of my backpack tighter and found myself walking as if I was being followed. The night time creatures were out and you could hear the crickets and such talking, filling the quiet air with their chirps. The air was dry but bearable but at least it wasn’t humid. I looked down at my feet trying to find the quickest and safest way to her house……. I should have dragged her with me but she wasn’t into kpop like I was. She was still stuck into American music. Give it time she would come to the dark side.
Going towards a parking lot I heard loud voices. But it wasn’t in English. It was in Korean since I could understand. The guy was yelling at the guy telling him he need to stop drinking and that he was getting way out of hand to manage.
“Man I don’t have to take this .” A familiar voice said. And out of nowhere he, the argue-ee walked right past me.
GDragon.
I wasn’t seeing things right?
 I mean I wasn’t hallucinating because of my mood of missing him already from the kcon concert I just saw?
And if it was really him, what was he doing here?
I then realized  where I was, I wasn’t too far from the hotel he was supposable staying in. and the hotel was across the street from the hotel.
The person he was arguing with looked frustrated and he walked towards the hotel across the street.
“aish.” He said kicking the air in frustration.
Completely forgetting what I was doing I unknowingly followed who I assumed, GDragon. 
Hopefully it was him and not some strange person.
He was pissed he kept talking to himself about how he hated his life and he wanted out of the entertainment business.(so I am now 98 % sure it was him) Those words broke my heart because I liked him the way he was I didn’t want him to change anything. I eventually stopped realizing what I was doing. Watching him walk father and farther away. I was going to mind my own business till I seen him stumble a couple of times.
So the rumors were true. All kpop was right for once. He was drinking again.
Knowing it was way out of my place to do this I felt the need to follow him just in case something happened. The beautiful city lights shinned and then I noticed we were walking father and farther away from the hotel.
Okay this manager should be fired for letting him walk dangerously free in a foreign country like this. Drunk at that.
On a random bench he stopped and sat.
“aishhhh.” He said throwing his snap back off and throwing it on the ground and stopping on it with his foot. 
Me, ten feet away, watched him intensely and debated if I should talk him into going back to the hotel. After all he was my idol and I didn’t want anything bad to happen to him. As bad as I wanted to meet him face to face, drunk and angry wasn’t how I wanted to. But I ended up doing it anyways. I looked both ways before crossing the street to the street he was on. When I stepped foot to the curve I found myself intimidated and wanted to back off. But this was important how would I felt if I left and bad things happened to him? I don’t think I could live with myself knowing I could have prevented it. He was looking off to the right and I stood two feet from the bench on his left. I hesitantly drew closer and took my hand out to him. He turned and looked up at me feeling my presence, his eyes dilated to the influence on his body and soul. 
“Who the is you?” he said in perfect English. But it had that GDragon swag to it.  I contemplated if I should tell him I was his fan or not, not wanting him to be angered. Futher.
“I’m lee sarang,” I say.
“So you Korean?” he says in annoyance.
“Korean- American,” I say correcting him.
“Great,” He says unenthusiastic. 
Daggers went to my heart at his harsh tone but I tried to toughen up. He was really cold like the critics said.
He started laughing hysterically out of nowhere and it pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked at him like he was insane. What was wrong with him? 
He laughed so hard he bended over to hold his stomach. Still looking at him like he was insane he finally meets my gaze. “What did I hurt you?”
I bit my lip so it wouldn’t quiver.
“I …no,” I say quiet.
Oh how tragic I did.” He says getting himself back together he lounges on the bench and his arm is suddenly behind me. My eyes widen never in my dreams would I ever imagined this to happen. This was crazy.
I tell you what ill apologize for that that was rude of me to make fun of your nationality. Truce?” he says hold out his hand.
You looked at it like it was foreign.
“A Hand shake. Is that what you Americans do, right?”
“Dae dae,” I say accidently speaking in Korean. And shaking it.
“Do you speak Korean? He says in Korean
“Yea.”
“Ahh jinjja cool.”
Getting to what you originally came for “Jiyong-ssi gwenchana?” I say saying his real name. At that moment I wanted to slap myself for giving myself away.
His eyes widen
“How did you know my name?” Then he looked like he wanted to smack himself. Probably realizing who he was under the veil of the alcohol influence on his brain.
“What do you want an autograph? A picture? He said agitated.
Although I would of liked both it wasn’t something I came for.
I shook my head.
“Okayyyyy,’ he said dragging the word out,” Then what do you want?”
“I want you to go back to your hotel.”
“, who are you? No one. I don’t have to listen to you. I’m g d g d baby, baby,” he said quoting his lyrics from the leaders.
I felt attacked by him in so many ways. The Jiyong/GDragon I knew wasn’t him. This this Jiyong was a monster.An scary angry one.
“I’m your fan. I care about you and your well-being, so please if you will go back to your hotel.” 
“No but you can leave.”
“I can’t unless I know you’re safe! You are drunk and this is America, not as safe as Korea.”
“Who cares? And I know! I could care less what happens.”
“What is wrong for you to act like this?”
“Nothing! And if there was, what makes you think I would tell a fan?”
“I don’t know and I understand.”
“Aishhh you don’t understand anything”
“I know your fans care about you and would like to see you safe and sound in your hotel.
“Man there you go again.”
He got up and straightened his cloths out and stumbled forward. I got up without hesitation and grabbed him in my arms.
“Haji ma!” you say eyeing the busy street.
The moment he looked in my eyes I felt something weird, and I could tell he could feel it too, because he started acting strange and quickly shook me off.
I bushed into the dark night and he scratched the back of his head, 
“Umm….I think….im going to.” His words slurred and he stumbled again. I grabbed back into my embrace.
“Jiyong-ssi I know you think I’m just another crazy fan and maybe I am, but you are worrying me, please go back.” I said having a werid vibe come over me suddenly.
He violently shook me off again and walked into the street. I panicked because the street was a busy one.
“Jinyong!!!!” before I realized what I was I doing I ran into the street and pushed him out the way of the car. 
The impact of the car wasn’t felt by me till I was on the concrete on the ground. I could hear Jiyong and his voice in the background screaming in korean. Only thing I remember coming out his mouth was “mian sarang mian.”


All kpop news
International Korean super star GDragon was reported to have a concert last night in los angles California. The concert was successful but as always with kwon Jiyong something bad come with something good. 
Jiyong was reported drunk and fighting with his manager hours later after the concert intoxicated by alcohol. So the rumors were true? 
After his fight with his manger he was walking around the streets of Los Angeles when a girl (unknown) followed him. They talked for a bit and it seemed to escalate as he pushed her off after she embraced him, walking off into the busy street intoxicated and angry. This mysterious girl ran after him pushing him out the way of a car and got hit. Her current condition is still unknown. Kwon Jiyong what are we to do with you?

Jiyong slammed his computer shut. He was going out of his mind. This blew up like wild fire. Everything was his entire fault. All the girl was trying to do was help him and he wouldn’t take it because he was hard headed. And also he was a completely different person when drunk.
That girl he couldn’t stop thinking about her and he felt so bad for her accident. There was no news on her condition and it had been a week. Today he was leaving America and Flying back to Korea for his Seoul concert. It was sad that he had to do a concert when he really should be worried about that girl but YG papa had said there was no way he could stop the concert at least not yet. No one knew how Korea would react and not doing the concert and hiding would rise suspicion and make matters worse.
“Jiyong… it’s going to be alright. don’t cry.”
I’m crying? he thought
Jiyong was surprised by his mangers sudden presence he hadn’t heard him come in with the crew. And he was also surprised by his tears, he never cried. He violently wiped the tears off and got up.
“I’m okay Ka ja.”
The crew for his tour gathered all the luggage and GDragon walked out first. He was no longer Jiyong he was only him when his guard was down. Halfway down the hallway a call rang from his managers phone.
“Yobosaeyo?” he said. GDragon stopped and watch his hyungs face turn a certain way. He didn’t know what way it was but he knew he wasn’t going to like it.

“What’s wrong?” GDragon said as he hung up the phone.
“That was yg papa. He said to lay low and take you to japan,” and he started to walk towards the elevator.
So Korea must have blown its top by this news. Because japan was the lay low country for yg entertainments groups when things happened in the public eye and caused controversy.
GDragon stood in the hallway, the crew behind him, as he watched his manager hyung walk away. He started to walk again “wait. what you mean?” he says
“Yg doesn't want you in Korea. K netizens, more of them found out about your episode, and is angry with you,” he sighed and looked at Jiyong. “Their saying that this isn't your first episode and this episode killed someone.” He said trying to avoid eye contact.
Becoming the fragile Jiyong again, his heart jumped out his chest, “she died?”
“I don’t know until I contact the family.” 
That moment Jiyong wanted to kill himself he was such a low life. He didn't deserve to live. That car should’ve hit him ending everyone’s migraine of him away.
Tears stung Jiyong eyes and his manager knew he was in pain he only cries when it’s unbearable. 
“Hyung, I’m not going to japan! If anything I’m staying here to see if Sarang is alright!” he said grabbing the collar of his managers’ shirt.
He slowly lets go. Not because of his actions but because, her name! He remembered her name? That was weird. he never remembered a girl’s name after being drunk. Even if that girl was on top of him riding him, the next day he never remembers her name.

His manager sighed. Was this his girlfriend? If it was this would make it worse.
“Is that her name? Jiyong don’t tell me she was your girlfriend!” he said feeling more stressed than he already was. Being the manager of Gd was an emotional ride for him.
“What?!” he said it utter disbelief that he would say such things, “Wait no!!! She was a fan I met.”
“Are you lying?”
“No why the would I lie about something so serous?” Jiyong stated.
He hesitated but then he realized he was right.
“ hyung,” Jiyong said stressed as well. He was going out his mind it was too much to fathom.
“Just come on this isn't the time and place to discuss this, “he said looking around at the crew behind Jiyong. There was to be no outsiders in this situation no matter if they worked for Gd. The entertainment business was cruel and a wave of money could lead to betrayal.
“I’m not going to japan,” Jiyong said his eyes and nose read and puffy.
“Okay! I know! you told me already,” He said stepping onto the elevator “let’s just go!”