Epilogue

Do You Still Remember?

 

 

Epilogue

 

 

2 years later

 

 

Luhan is in a panic state. His spouse just broke his water and he looks so in pain. He has called the ambulance because he surely can’t drive safely with his spouse being such in pain and pulled Luhan’s hair like he wanted to make Luhan bald.

 

 

“Calm down my Queen. Remember what the nurse told you. Try to breath slowly. Breath in… Push down… Breath in… Push down…”

 

 

His spouse ignores him. He makes sure he pulls Luhan’s hair so hard when the pain comes. Having twins is surely so hard.

 

 

Luhan screams in pain. He feels like his hair will really have gone if his spouse keep pulling his hair.

 

 

“Don’t… you dare… screaming… aaaaaaaaaargh… this… is… a lot… of paiiiiinnn aaaaaaaargh…” Luhan’s spouse is scratching Luhan arms.

 

 

Luckily the ambulance siren comes and the paramedics run to them quickly. Luhan let his spouse being carried while he takes his preparation bag and his wallet. He quickly locks the door and goes to his spouse side inside the ambulance.

 

 

“Calm down my Queen, the babies are coming out soooooon awch!” Luhan’s hair is being pulled again by his spouse. When his spouse busy pulling off his hair, he manage to call his mother. “Mom! Minseok is delivering the babieeeeeeees awch!”

 

 

He doesn’t even manage to hear his mother reply because his lovely spouse keeps pulling off his hair. He even got some scratch on his head because of that.

 

 

*

 

 

2 years ago

 

 

Minseok letting a small sobs out. His mother is still waiting for him to calm down a bit.

 

 

“Do you want to hear a story?” Minseok mother suddenly out of nowhere want to tell a story to him. Minseok just nods his head. Maybe his heart will be lightened a bit after hearing his mother’s story.

 

 

“You and Luhan actually were already close since you had not born yet. As you know, your father and Luhan’s father are senior-junior friend at college, I and Luhan’s mother are neighbours since childhood. When you both were born, you both were practically inseparable. You played together, you grow up together, you both do everything together. It’s always be at least until you were 4 when Luhan’s father had to move out because of his promotion at work.”

 

 

Minseok knows this story. He still remembers some parts of their childhood.

 

 

“Don’t you know that your father was not good at expressing his emotion well?”

 

 

Minseok just nods. His father is not the type that can express his emotion. He still remembers some memories in his childhood that his father rarely say ‘I love you’ to him or even to his mother.

 

 

“I know you kind of get your coldness from your father. You rarely show what’s in your mind and I’m sure it also had some effects to your relationship. Being 5 years with Luhan, I’m sure he has a lot of worries because of that. But you know what? He didn’t complain. He didn’t hesitate that even though you never said that you love him. He has faith in you.”

 

 

Minseok feels like being slapped. His mother pointed out another of his lacks.

 

 

“It was hard to deal with your cold father when we started dating. I didn’t know how he was feeling. I didn’t know how to react with his coldness. I didn’t know if he really loved me at that time. We had broken up several times because of it. But in the end, we went back together. I just couldn’t forget your father gentleness. He waited me patiently. He kept me in safe in a distance. So I just found myself fell for him again and again.”

 

 

Minseok gives his mother a smile.

 

 

“It’s not like I push you to keep your relationship. I believe despite of his forgetful trait, Luhan is a good grown man. Just remember, it’s your life. It’s your happiness. Will you happy when Luhan is not around? Will you feel okay when Luhan is with somebody else?”

 

 

Minseok finally made his decision.

 

 

*

 

 

Luhan bows his head while he listening to his mother scolding.

 

 

“I don’t remember to raise you to be such an idiot. You listen that Lu?!!!”

 

 

Luhan just nods his head slowly. When his mother is angry, it’s better not to argue. He’s already known a bit of his big mistake.

 

 

“Look at that pathetic face you have. Geez. You really are your father’s son.”

 

 

Luhan just keeps his head bow down.

 

 

“You know what? You really are a carbon-copy of your father. Oh my God. I already make sure that you wouldn’t get that trait yet you got it.” Luhan’s mother let out a small sigh.

 

 

“Show me your face young man.”

 

 

Luhan is still afraid if his mother will go wild again.

 

 

“Show me your face! Are you a man?!!!”

 

 

Luhan finally shows his terrified face to his mother. Luhan sees his mother is already cool down a bit.

 

 

“Do you still remember the picture I showed you before you got in to the college?” his mother asked him with a soft voice. He hesitates a bit. He remembers some part of it, specially the cute boy in the photos.

 

 

“Do you remember who the cute boy who was always beside you in the photos?”

 

 

Luhan shakes his head. “I… I didn’t really remember. But Minseok kept remind me someone I used to know.”

 

 

Luhan’s mother let out a small sigh again. “I know that you’re not that smart but I didn’t expect that you became an idiot!”

 

 

Luhan just bows his head again.

 

 

“Don’t you know that the boy in the picture is Minseok?”

 

 

Luhan shows up his head to his mother. “Minseok?”

 

 

“You and Minseok actually were already close since you had not born yet. As you know, your father and Minseok’s father are senior-junior friend at college, I and Minseok’s mother are neighbours since childhood. When you both were born, you both were practically inseparable. You played together, you grow up together, you both do everything together. It’s always be at least until you were 4 when your father had to move out from Korea because of his promotion at work.”

 

 

Luhan feels like the puzzles in his head about the old photos and Minseok finally solved.

 

 

“Don’t you know that your father was a forgetful person?”

 

 

Luhan just nods. His father is somehow a forgetful person. That’s why his father has his reminder on his phone, his laptop, his notebook, everywhere.

 

 

“I know you get that forgetful thing from your father. You’re easily to distract and I’m sure it also had some effects to your relationship. Being 5 years with Minseok, I’m sure he has a lot of worries because of that. But you know what? He didn’t complain. He didn’t hesitate that even though you forgot almost of your date because you didn’t remind yourself if you have an appointment. He has faith in you.”

 

 

Luhan feels like he was being crushed. His mother told him his huge mistake.

 

 

“It was hard to deal with your forgetful father when we started dating. He forgot that we had a date. He even left me once while we had a date because his friend called him to have some drinks. Do you believe that? I didn’t know if he really loved me at that time. We had broken up several times because of it. But in the end, we went back together. I just couldn’t forget your father gentleness. He waited me patiently. He kept me in safe in a distance. He even was hospitalized because he was so into me that he forgot his proper meals. So I just found myself fell for him again and again.”

 

 

Luhan keeps bowing his head.

 

 

“I’m not pushing you to keep your relationship. I just want you to think about it carefully. I believe despite of the things that you said coldness or what-so-ever-it-is, Minseok is a good boy. Remember, it’s your life. It’s your happiness. Will you happy when Minseok is not around? Will you feel okay when Minseok is with somebody else?”

 

 

Luhan finally made his decision.

 

 

*

 

 

Luhan feels so miserable. He can’t reach Minseok’s phone number. Minseok even go away from his dorm without any explanation where he goes. Minseok’s head dorm just told him that Minseok go to cool down his head. He said Minseok had some stressful weeks that Minseok even lost his weight quickly.

 

Luhan begins to worry about his relationship. He feels so selfish not to put himself in Minseok’s position. It must be hard for him to deal with an easy-to-distract boyfriend. 5 years being in a serious relationship is surely a long time period. Minseok has to deal with it all this time by himself. You’re really a big jerk, Luhan.

 

 

*

 

 

The day after

 

 

Luhan felt so restless. He couldn’t sleep and he lost his appetite. He just wanted to see Minseok quickly and solve their problem.

 

 

Luhan’s sitting against Minseok’s dorm door trying to reminisce the year they have spent together as an official couple. His head bows down deeply. Some footsteps come to his direction and he look at the person who is coming.

 

 

“Minseok…”

 

 

That person just stays for a while before replying. “You’re here. Thanks God. You make it easy. I have a word for you.”

 

 

Judging how Minseok’s expression looks like, Luhan stand up quickly. “No… Minseok… No…”

 

 

“Luhan, let’s break up…”

 

 

Luhan holds Minseok in his embrace tightly. “No! I won’t let it happened! I don’t care! I only want you.” Luhan doesn’t realize that his tear is falling down to his face.

 

 

Minseok just let out a small smile. “Idiot. Don’t you think that it’s me who actually has to cry instead?” Minseok hugs Luhan back. Luhan just keep crying like a baby.

 

 

Minseok is busy to cool down Luhan. “Shhh… I don’t know if this Manly Deer is actually a big baby.”

 

 

“I… don’t… care… I… only… want… you…” Luhan keeps sobbing.

 

 

Minseok just chuckled. “That’s actually what I really want to say after you keep forgetting our date. But you know what? I choose to be with you.”

 

 

Luhan looks at Minseok’s eyes. “I won’t let it happened. I promise!”

 

 

Then they kiss like there’s no other time. The longing for each other is expressed in that kiss.

 

 

Luhan then breaks the kiss. “Be my bride. Let’s get married.”

 

 

Minseok slaps Luhan playfully. “You just broke my heart, we just make it up, now you want me to marry you? Such a romantic guy you are. Tsk~”

 

 

“I take it as a yes. Let me call our parents to fix the date.” Luhan then takes his phone out.

 

 

“YA! You really…” Minseok frowns in disbelieve.

 

 

“Hallo, Mom. Please fix my married date with Minseok as soon as possible, okay. See you.” Luhan just cuts his phone-call.

 

 

“YOU CRAZY DEER! HOW COULD YOU JUST CALL YOUR MOM LIKE THAT?!!!”

 

 

“Hallo, Auntie Kyungsoo. Please fix my married date with Minseok as soon as possible, okay. See you.” Luhan just cuts his phone-call again.

 

 

“ARE YOU INSANE? HOW COULD YOU JUST CALL MY MOM LIKE THAT?!!!”

 

 

Luhan’s phone keep ringing after that, but Luhan turn it off. “It can wait. We can’t wait our lovey-dovey time.” Luhan then pulls Minseok in his embrace again and kiss him passionately.

 

 

“YOU ERT DEER! hmmmmmmmm” Minseok’s finally giving up when Luhan keep kissing him. He also missed Luhan so much.

 

 

*

 

 

Back in time

 

 

Luhan parents keep looking for their son. “Where the hell is him?” Luhan’s mother bad-mouthing habit is back to himself. Luhan’s father just goes to the information desk and asks. Minseok’s parents have just come when Luhan’s father back to his spouse.

 

 

“Ah, you’re here. Come on. Let’s welcome our first grandchildren.” Luhan’s father then leads the way while the mothers are busying to scream in excitement about their grandchildren and Minseok’s father is just following from behind silently.

 

 

Meanwhile, Luhan just let his spouse scratched his body and pulled his hair. His spouse is not letting him go.

 

 

After one hour, finally all the babies come out. Minseok finally a bit relieved and is still breath heavily. Luhan still feels like in a dreamland even though his spouse has scratched him all over his body and pulled his hair really hard.

 

 

“You’re doing great, my Queen. You’re doing great. Our little princes are finally born.” Luhan then kiss his spouse slowly. Minseok who felt so worn out just nod his head slowly.

 

 

The paramedics then move Minseok to the patient room. They finally meet their parents who are already waiting. “Oh, Moms and Dads are here.” Luhan doesn’t even have time to take a breath while the mothers keep asking him about their grandchildren. Fortunately the nurses come in bringing the babies with different blanket colour just in time when the just-turn-to-be-grandmothers almost lost their patience.

 

 

“MY GRANDSONS!” Luhan’s mother and Minseok’s mother just scream out their happiness. The just-turn-to-be-grandfathers just pat Luhan’s shoulder.

 

 

One of the nurse helps Minseok to hug their babies while the other then asked Luhan. “What do you want to name them?”

 

 

“The first born is Yixing, and the last is Chanyeol.”

 

 

Note

Thanks for the subscribers! I know I'm still lacking here and there. My english still seems a bit weird. Thanks for bearing it. See you in another story!