Chapter 9

Our Taboo Attraction

          The next day, Hankyung stormed into Leeteuk’s office and placed both hands on his desk before muttering “Listen here man, I don’t know who you think you are, but you had no right making my brother cry like you did yesterday.”

          “Hankyung, that was not my intention; Heechul came out on his own and told me everything,” Leeteuk calmly replied.

          “Yeah, after you obviously persuaded him. You made him an emotional wreck,” Hankyung stated.

          “Why don’t you sit down and we can begin your session?” Leeteuk offered. 

          Reluctantly, Hankyung sat down in a chair and leaned back in it, resting his feet on the edge of Leeteuk’s desk. “I got nothing to tell you,” he responded.

          “Hankyung, you and your stepbrother are not in trouble. There’s just a concern some of the teachers have after observing the two of you at lunch,” Leeteuk said.

          “Whatever it is, they’re wrong,” Hankyung defended as he sat up straighter.

          “The teachers think that you and Heechul are doing drugs when you go behind the bleachers at lunch every day. They watch you two go out there, and I just want to know if that’s what you guys are doing,” Leeteuk explained.

          “No, we don’t do drugs,” Hankyung firmly stated. “We’ll both do the cup test to prove it.”

          “Then tell me what you two do out there so I can clear everything up,” Leeteuk asked.

          “I can’t tell you anything!” Hankyung snapped as he stood up and gripped the table.

          It was silent before Leeteuk questioned calmly “Hankyung, why can’t you tell me? It’ll prove you and Heechul are innocent of malicious rumors.” Hankyung sat down and bit his lip. “Are you and Heechul trying to find private time so that you can engage in an uous relationship?”

          The blonde clenched his fists and glared up at Leeteuk. “ you,” he growled before standing up and stomping out of the office.

          “I think that answers that question,” Leeteuk muttered to himself.

          Hankyung swiped the back of his hand over his eyes as he walked down the empty hallways of the high school. With rage building up inside of him, he punched at several lockers before sliding down to the floor. “How dare he talk about me and Heechul like that,” he said to himself. “He knows nothing about us.” Hankyung saw Heechul more as the love of his life than his stepbrother, no matter how taboo the attraction between them was. He pulled out his phone and texted Hankyung to come out into the hallway when he got a moment.

          Five minutes later, Heechul walked out of a classroom and hurried down the hall to meet his stepbrother. “What happened?” he asked.

          Instead of answering, Hankyung grabbed Heechul and pressed him back against the lockers, aggressively yet lovingly kissing the raven haired teen as Heechul wrapped his arms around Hankyung. “He knows, and Leeteuk’s more than likely going to tell dad and Min,” Hankyung informed.

          “What are we gonna do?” Heechul questioned.

          “We’re not gonna freak out about this. We’ve gotta act like we don’t know what’s going on, and the way to do that is act like we hate each other for a little while, so that they think there could be no way we could be in love,” Hankyung suggested.

          “But Hankyung, I could never hate you,” Heechul reminded as he placed his hands on the blonde’s face.

          “I know, I know, I could never hate you either love, but we have to do what is necessary in order to be together in the end,” Hankyung said. “We’ll just act like we can’t stand each other around our parents, and then at night, after they’ve gone to sleep, I’ll come get in bed with you.”

          “Okay, I hope this works,” Heechul muttered.

          Hankyung placed both hands on his stepbrother’s face before whispering “No matter what I say, you know that I always love you.”

          “Yes, and I love you too,” Heechul replied before kissing Hankyung.

          Later that afternoon, the two brothers slowly walked inside their house, where Jae and Min were waiting. “Hi mom,” Heechul said.

          “Hey dad,” Hankyung echoed.

          “Sit down boys,” Jae instructed with arms crossed.

          Hankyung and Heechul sat down on the couch as their parents looked at them. “What’s up?” Hankyung asked.

          “We got a call today from the counselor and he told us what you both told him,” Min said.

          “What did you tell him Heechul?” Hankyung demanded as he looked over at the raven haired teen.

          “I didn’t tell him anything,” Heechul defended.

          “Dad, Min, what did the counselor say Heechul told him?” Hankyung asked his parents.

          “Leeteuk said that Heechul admitted to having uous feelings towards you, and that he also said that you have feelings for him,” Jae informed.

          Hankyung stood up, looked at Heechul, and yelled “Are you ing kidding me?! Heechul that is the grossest thing I’ve ever heard. Just because I’m nice to you and care about you does not mean that I love you like that! That’s sick, and you’re sick for thinking that I would love you like that you little bastard.”

          “Hankyung, do not speak to your brother like that,” Jae scolded.

          “He is not my brother! He’s a little freak who needs professional help,” the blonde remarked.

          “Hankyung, you told me you love me, don’t deny that,” Heechul said as he stood up too.

          The raven haired teen fell back on the couch after Hankyung slapped him across the face. “Don’t you dare take it out of context you little son of a ! When I told you I loved you, it was normal like how every other sibling loves each other,” Hankyung growled as he stood over his brother.

          “Son, you need to calm down,” Jae said as he pulled him back from Heechul. “And do not ever hit your brother; I don’t care how angry you are.”

           Hankyung huffed and looked down at the raven haired teen, who looked up at him in shock. “He’s not my brother, not anymore,” he stated before walking to the backyard. Jae and Min watched as Heechul started to cry, stood up, and ran upstairs to his bedroom.

          “What do you think honey?” Min asked her husband.

          “I think Heechul’s confused and quite possibly needs help,” Jae remarked.

          “No, I’m not sending him away or to a therapist,” Min replied.

          “Well what are we gonna do then?” Jae asked.

          “I don’t know,” Min snapped before sitting down on the couch and burying her face in her hands. Jae sat down beside her, and tried to comfort his wife.

          Later that night, after the couple went to bed, Heechul lie awake in his bed, staring at the ceiling. Suddenly, his bedroom door opened up slowly. Sitting up, Heechul saw Hankyung hurry inside and shut the door gently, so as not to wake their parents. Hankyung stepped over to the bed and climbed in. He wrapped his arms around Heechul and kissed his lips lovingly. “I’m so sorry Heechul, I’m so sorry that I hit you earlier,” he apologized as placed a kiss on the cheek he’d slapped.

          “It’s okay, I know you had to make it convincing,” Heechul replied.

          “Remember what I said earlier, I love you no matter what,” Hankyung reminded.

          “I know, I just don’t ever want to be separated from you,” Heechul said.

          “You won’t be, I won’t let it happen,” Hankyung promised. “Now no more talking, let’s just be together for a few hours.”

          Heechul nodded before Hankyung kissed his lips and pulled his stepbrother closer to him. He ran his hands up the back of Heechul’s shirt and rubbed his back affectionately as he felt Heechul shutter against him. Hankyung climbed on top of him slowly and brushed the Heechul’s bangs out of his face. Leaning his head down, Hankyung began to kiss and gently bite Heechul’s neck, as Heechul began to moan quietly. “Does that make you feel good?” Hankyung whispered.

          “Yes,” Heechul replied as he felt Hankyung nudge his face against his neck. “I don’t wanna go any farther now though, not here where people can catch us.”

           “Okay, I’ll wait as long as you want,” Hankyung agreed before climbing off of Heechul and lying next to him. The raven haired teen lay his head on Hankyung’s chest and closed his eyes as Hankyung kissed the top of his head and began to rub his back again as the two fell asleep in each other’s arms.