The Call

The Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September, 14th '14

THE CALL

> 3400 words

Warning! Error grammaticals and typos are slaying.

 

Disappearing as he is eaten by earth, and now he calls me? What on the earth does he want actually? Oh , why can’t you just stop ringing?!

 

He disappeared without any news in more than a month. Disappeared, yeah, just like that and could’t be reached. Heck what else she could do other than wait and wait? She was bored yet so damn tired calling and sending messages to the same number. From the longest to the shortest messages, she’d tried those all if you guys wanted to know. If she could be honest, she was just too afraid if those things she’d done would gain nothing. Everything could happen, ready or not, she had thought about it.

That guy was gone without telling her a word. What did she think other than being panick and those horrible thoughts started to get immersed inside of her head? Actually, she did even think about where that guy at, but wherever that guy had ever been, she still couldn’t face the fact the reason about his disappearance which was still and so mysterious for her.

And now, Park Bom started to soothe away those thoughts about that guy from her brain. She wouldn’t fall for his tricks. Once she was calmed down, her phone rang. And look who was calling!

Seunghyun.

Her breath became heavy regularly along with her nerveousness. She didn’t know why she couldn’t control her body. She kept looking at her phone screen while that slender thing kept ringing and even left some vibrations on her grip. After disappearing like a dust, now you are calling me? Aish.. why can’t you just stop ringing?!

She complained and kept stomping her feet on the ground, pouting. She wished the ringig sound would end sooner.

“Okay Bom, you’ve acted greatly on Dara’s engage, you’re great at acting. So now is the show time! Genius!” she encouraged herself. Her eyes closed, her lips mumbling random things and not long after she nodded, she was sure she could do this.

She opened her eyes after exhaled. Her eyes scanned her phone screen and her thumb immediately swiped the green icon. She coughed slightly before putting her phone to her ear.

Nobody spoke, there was only a silence that was wrapped in a relax yet heart-pounding sensations. How could those two things become one undescribable thing, but Bom didn’t take it seriously. Eversince she was with Seunghyun, her surroundings became more unpredictable.

Few seconds had passed with nobody’s words, someone from the another line started speaking. But just mumbled a sentence that was heard unclearly for her. It made her more nerveous, she was even more curious with what would that guy say after a month of disappearance.

His breath was heard, she felt like his breath was so near, passing through her phone screen then caressing her cheeks. Oh gawd... her imaginations became wilder.

“What are you doing?” that voice sounded so calm, too calm that made everyone who heard it would suspect that the person was bored of its life.

Felt like a stupid person. She had hoped too high. She hoped that Seunghyun would say I miss you or I’m sorry for not calling you this past few days. She knew that Seunghyun had a little problem in telling his feelings, she also respected it because she herself wasn’t someone who could tell her feelings easily. But this time, she felt really annoyed. She even felt that she was the stupidest person because missing him this much.

“Doing presentation for tonight’s meeting.” She lied

Actually, Bom didn’t really have to answer that question, but she would want to know how would he react later. But seconds later, she only heard oh-ing that came from him. God! She really wanted to explode right now!

“You sound so fine. Yeah, I think so. Anyway, don’t you miss me?” that voice still sounded calm and ... flat. She didn’t know why but it bothered her so much. She hated that tone.

She didn’t know whether she was too idiot until she missed him too much or this guy was being too jerk until he didn’t understand what did she feel. She exhaled harshly, her grip tightened and if anything could happen, maybe that white phone could be broken.

“How should I? I’ve got a lot of works, doing thing that you’ve asked will just bother me. Unfortunately I’m too busy with the oh-so-called CEO’s daughter. So, I’m sorry, I don’t.” She stated with so much confidence. Missing him so much plus feeling annoyed at the same time demanded her to be careless.

She had been missing that guy ─even she said that she didn’t have time to do so─ and what she really wanted to do was ending the evening conversation which for her was so unimportant and moodbreaking eversince she heard the tone of his voice, calm and expressionless.

“Wow, you’re just great like I’ve expected. Good. But, why did─”

“Can’t we continue this conversation next time? I’m busy with my unfinished powerpoint for tonight’s meeting.” She cut his words. She didn’t want to hear anything, not now. She did really know that all she need was time to calm herself down from the hot sensation that took over her. She would love to bet, if this conversation was gonna be continued, they would end up in stupid fights.

Seunghyun seemed to restrain his breath for awhile before there was a sound of exhaling breath, slowly. “Okay... see you.” He said in a pessimist tone.

Bom immediately turned her phone off and put it back inside her bag. She inhaled a long breath before exhaled it in one push. She continued walking which was paused because of that stupid call. She now didn’t care about the mesmerizing view in the most famous park in Seoul where she was stepping her feet on, she was fed up.

So disapponting. She felt so stupid, like what she had thought before, missing Seunghyun would only end up into the biggest stupidity she ever did. And now she was regretting it. Regret because she couldn’t hide the fact that she was missing that guy even more, she couldn’t stop the urge to know how was that alien doing now. She was indeed stupid, wasn’t she?

Along the way which was covered by dried leafs that had brought themselves down, Bom kept her head hung down, walking like she had no reason for life anymore. off with her main reason why did she come here. She was wanting to calm herself down by seeing those yellowish leafs which were ready to fall down. She had thought that she would be better soon later, but the fact was she felt more lonely now. She was really regretting it, and weirdly she regretted two different things in the same time. First, she regretted becuse she didn’t even have time to mock that guy before their conversation ended. And the second was she really regretted cos she had ended the conversation while herself still missed that guy so much.

“I still don’t understand what kind of powerpoint you are doing now.” A voice suddenly sounded so clear and so close.

She stopped her steps for awhile, before shaking her head and continued walking. She walked in a silence and didn’t want to be bothered because of that sound. She felt more pity for herself. She didn’t understand how could that guy take over her mind that much. Previously, she even heard the sound like his voice in a library. When she turned, it was just a librarian greeting her.

“Maybe you’re doing powerpoint which titled ‘How Would It feel Stepping on Dried Leafs’? tsch, it sounds so irrational.” That voice was heard again. And this time it sounded so real. But Bom decided to ignore it. She really wanted to go away from that place and throw herself into her king-sized bed. She must be crazy thinking about him too much.

“Oh.. I can’t guess any better.” Now it sonded so frustated. Maybe it was ran out of ideas to say.

“Yah, are you deaf? I’ve been speaking to you and you keep ignoring me?”

Now she couldn’t help to not to turn and meet that gaze from that tall figure who had made her world felt so upside-down in a great way. She didn’t know how could that guy was there, standing right in front of her, but that was the real fact. That guy was standing with that tiny grumbles and annoying face. Is my imagination that bad?

“How could you get in here?” her voice almost sounded like a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter