morning kisses

morning kisses

The sun peers through the gaps of the curtains where they failed to properly close the previous night. Its rays hit the pale flesh of the sleeping figure hidden mostly underneath the disarrayed bed sheets.

Sehun stirs awake. A frown forms when he pokes his head out from under the covers in an attempt to open his eyes. His frown deepens when he realises his main source of comfort is missing. Sehun pats the empty space next to him before slowly sitting up, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hands.

At the doorway of their bedroom, Jongin watches in amusement at his boyfriend's attempts to keep his eyes open, constantly closing them again when he manages to barely open them.

"Sleep well?"

Sehun’s head turns towards the direction of the voice and silently reaches out for his boyfriend, calling him back to bed. Jongin sees the corner of Sehun’s lip tilt upward when he hears Jongin walk over to him. Jongin grabs the outstretched hand and allows himself to be pulled back into bed and under the covers.

Immediately, Sehun wraps his arms around Jongin’s waist and snuggles into his chest. Fingertips play with the ends of Sehun’s hair strands before brushing them away completely to press a kiss on Sehun’s temple.

"Do you want to sleep a little more? It’s just a little past 11" Jongin says.

"Oh god wha- why didn't you wake me up earlier" Sehun mumbles into Jongin’s chest. Jongin glances down at the boy next to him with a raised brow, knowing fully well Sehun wouldn't have gotten out of bed even if Jongin had come into the room banging pots and pans. Thinking that would be too risky of a reply to a still-barely-awake Sehun, he replies, “You’ve been busy lately. You looked like you needed the extra sleep."

Jongin continues to play with Sehun’s hair, running his fingers through them as Sehun collects his thoughts. He hears Sehun grumble something a moment later.

"What was that?"

Sehun turns his head to the side and repeats, "what's for breakfast?"

"You mean lunch right?" Jongin laughs before answering, "Anything you want."

He gets up to leave the room for Sehun to freshen up. He mentally goes through the things in their fridge to see if they'll be able to cook anything. Probably not. They’ll most likely have to heat up some of those pre-made meals from the store. Or they could just go out and all the effort-

"Wait"

Jongin stops in his tracks and swirls back into the room, almost tripping over his own feet. He sees Sehun roll his eyes but decides to let it go for now. Sehun will regret it when he rolls his eyes one day and they end up rolling in the back of his head.

"Yes, your highness?" he asks, bowing in an exaggerated manner. Sehun stares at him in silence. Jongin stares at the pout forming on the face in front of him in confusion. A grin appears on his face when he realises what Sehun’s thinking. He takes a step closer and pulls Sehun closer to him, circling his arm around Sehun’s waist.

"What do you want, Sehun?" he whispers, lips pressed against Sehun’s ear. His only replies are a trail of kisses starting from his shoulder making its way up to his neck. Jongin lets out a little laugh as Sehun buries his nose in the crook of Jongin’s neck and sniffs. His boyfriend is so cute it renders him speechless at times. His tendency to smell everything was evidence enough. As well as the soft whimpers that he makes when he loses contact of Jongin’s body heat every morning when Jongin gets out of bed first.

He smiles at Sehun’s awkward ability to verbally express what he wants, even after knowing each other for most of each other's lives, and being officially together for almost 5.

Bringing Sehun’s face into his hands, Jongin pinches his boyfriend's cheek, earning an unattractive yelp. He laughs and leans in to kiss the abused area.

Usually he wouldn't tease Sehun after he just woke up (apparently it takes Sehun about half an hour to become fully awake and human again) but sometimes he couldn't resist.

"Would you like to eat out for lunch?" he asks, placing a kiss on the corner of Sehun’s lips. "Or do you want to stay home instead and we'll heat something up to eat," he offers, placing another kiss on the opposite corner of Sehun’s lips.

"I’ll make whatever you want" Jongin murmurs, kissing the tip of Sehun’s nose, laughing when he pulls back to see Sehun’s scrunching up his nose.

"I don't care what we eat. Now hurry up and kiss me, god damn it" Sehun whines impatiently. his lips, Jongin obeys and leans in to capture his boyfriend's waiting lips.

Pulling back, Jongin presses their foreheads together and whispers, "I may want you for lunch instead," looking Sehun right in the eyes.

"I was hoping you would say that" Sehun grins, running his hands down Jongin’s arms to grab his hands and pull him down onto the bed. Sehun wraps his arms around Jongin’s neck and to pull him into kiss, any thoughts of their hunger for food long forgotten and replaced with something else.