The Arrival

The Longest Summer

 He wonders — as he does so VERY often —  how destiny could be cruel enough to land him here, standing in front of a cozy foreign house, victim of his own heart. It was indeed, a terrible twist of fate, being defeated by your own talents. Jiyong had never had issues getting women back in high school. Then again he had never felt such a burning desire for any woman — or man — the way he did for the local secretary at the City Hall. She was so young to be in such a power— probably due to her family being known for politics and such. Not to mention really cute compared to some of the other women who claimed the City Hall as their workplace. Jiyong began to drift off in a blissful daydream of short black skirts and white button up shirts. The way her hair gently shaped her oval face into a true work of art was enough to make the boy weak in his knees. Even the thought of her was breath taking — though there was no time to be getting hot in bothered in a opened area like this one. He was here on behalf of his roommate, Daesung, who had promised that this was the only way to win a woman, who held her nose so high that you could see her nose hairs, heart. 
The blue sky with white clouds as freckles could be seen on the numerous panes of glass that formed the windows of the 2 story house. The burgundy colored building with wooden planks in order was surrounded on all four sides by a layer of green glass that was splashed with various shades of reds and blues. The pathway leading to the door, which was a shimmering gold color, was followed by a few shrubs that grew beautifully along the path. On the path of grass was a sign that simply read “잔디 밟지 마라” ( Keep off Grass.) Jiyong had been so amazed by the house that he hadn’t noticed the lurking figure that playfully hid behind the white curtains of the second floor. Dark relentless eyes scanned the boy as he read the sign that was shoved into the grass. Ringed fingers gently placed the curtain back in place as the figure abounded the window to the unknown rooms of the house. 

Ji had decide that he had wasted enough time lingering in the yard like some sort of creep. He was here because his roommate had told him to get love advice from some guy’s book he had read back in his freshmen year of college— He didn’t how realize foolish he seemed now that he thought this whole thing over. Did Daesung even read books?! None the less— he had wasted an hour getting here and wasted even more time daydreaming. He was already here, so might as well give it a shot. Besides, he was doing it for her and there’s no progress being made towards that goal right now. With a swing in his step, Jiyong happily made his way to the golden door. His hand formed into a fist as he was about to knock on the door — though the door gently came open with just one tap. This set off alarm bells in the boy’s head. He had watched his fair share of horror movies and knew where this would be going. Daesung must of wanted the bathroom all to himself! That dirty— 

“Good afternoon, sir!” 

Jiyong mental rant had came to a sudden halt due to him being addressed. Before him stood a very young boy, he couldn’t be any older then 20. His hair was short brown that had been pushed up in a faux hawk. He wore a tailored suit that was a dark blue shade. 

“ I said— Good afternoon, sir!” 

“ Oh — uh — Good afternoon too?” Jiyong was taken back by the rudeness of the younger male. 

“ That’s better. My name is Seungri, and I’ll be your personal butler for as long as your stay. Please—“ The suited boy had handed Jiyong a golden bell. “— if you need anything just ring the bell. Don’t abuse this power.” With that, the ‘butler’ had began to walk away. 

“ Wait uh uh—“ The name of kid was a distant memory in Ji’s mind. Quickly, he rang the bell. 

“ What— I mean — — Yes good sir?” He his heels to face his new master.

“ Where is the owner of this shebang? “ 

“ Oh yeah, sorry about that, he is in the living room. It’s down this hall to your right. You can’t miss it.” Once again Seungri had attempted to disappear into the darker corridors of the house. 

The house was anything but dark. The inside of the house gave off a ray of warmth and hope. As the newcomer made his way down the halls, his eyes couldn’t help but look at the pictures that where hanged on the wall. Each was with the owner and various couples. It didn’t take Ji long to establish a connecting of the pictures. He had seen the owner’s face only once. It was on the back of the book that Daesung had shown him. Of course Ji didn’t bother to read such bull, instead he just looked at the man. He was different looking from most authors. His hair was the color of Blue Moon ice-cream and his eyebrows had been nearly shaven off. The sound of a woman giggling had caught Ji off guard. The sound had been coming from what he assumed was the living room. The living room was probably the grandest room in the house, that he had seen so far. It lacked and actual TV but made up with it by a beautiful fireplace, several bookshelves, and various nicknacks that could occupy Jiyong for hours on end. The piece that really caught his eye was the large thrown like chair that was mounted on top of a bear rug. The chair was occupied by a man whose hair was a white — not blonde, white — his suit was a dark color of black it appeared a slight purple in the room. He had a woman crawling all over him— though he seemed not to be interested in her. Instead his dark eyes was focused on Jiyong. His gaze had made Ji’s heart slightly skip a beat for some unknown reason. 

“ Welcome.” 

“ Yeah— hello.” 

“ I suppose you are here to learn a thing about love?” The white haired man had risen up from the chair, leaving the woman pouting a bit. 

“ Hey— — I know about love. They called me JiJi Love Machine back in high school.” This caused the much larger male to rise an eyebrow. 

“ If you are a ‘love machine’, why are you here wasting my time?” 

“ Well my roommate—“ Jiyong was taken back by the comment the other had so rudely dished out. What was with this place and their attitude. “Well, , my roommate things I need this in my life. Though I don’t understand why I would possibly need a bratty butler and a douchebag as a love advisor is BEYOND me.” 

“ Have you read my book?” He had choose to ignore the younger boy— noisy one he was. Instead he made his way to the bookshelf as he scanned for something. 

“ Of course not. I wasn’t going to read something that looked like a ice-cream man wrote it.” 

“ My name is Seunghyun, and I own this establishment.” He pulled out a book that had no cover just a blank hardback. 

“ Are you even listening to me!” Jiyong’s protest was cut off by the sounds of obnoxious page flipping coming from the other. 

“ To be honest, no. There will be a time for listening and a time for blocking you out. Sign here.” He offered a pen to Ji who stared blankly at the blank page of the book. 

“ What is this?” 

“ You’re contact. You are going to participate in the project, correct?” 

“ I don’t think you are allowed to answer for me. . . What’s the catch?” 

“ You’re soul—“ Seunghyun gave a pleased smile to himself as he looked at his customers not so amused face. “ — You will have to follow each and every rule I give. If not, you will be fined 20,000,000 Won. You will not have to pay for this course as long as you do some simple choirs around the house. Simple.” 

“ 20,000,000! Geez! . . .What are the rules?” 

“ Rule number one is that you are NOT allowed in my chambers at anytime of the day or night. Rule number two is you must live here for the entire course. The course last the whole summer so you might want to make arraignments with your roommate. Rule number three is no falling in love with me. I know — It may be hard but it something I can’t have with my clients.” 

“ Don’t flatter yourself.” Ji managed to chuckle. It actually didn’t seem to bad— he got to live in a sweet house and no Daesung for a few months. Not to mention it was all free. How easy was that. Yet something about Seunghyun’s eyes set alarms off in his head as if he wasn’t suppose to be here. This was a mistake and he would only retreat it in the long run. Though Ji was a man who loved to fight the greater cosmos of destiny. Instead he pushed the pen on the blank sheet of paper and began to write his signature before pulling away. 

“ Excellent! We begin your longest summer tomorrow, go home and rest — Jiyong. You’re going to need it.” 

{ A/N: Whoa! This is finally done! I really hope your guys enjoy it! Please comment and tell me how you feel. }