A date in Baskin Robbin

Set Me Free

 

Him
Are we still on for today's evening?
If no, I'm going back home from class.

You stared at the handphone. 30 minutes of no replying from him. You purposely texted him in class so he could reply after class, aware of his habit of not replying when in class unless when he is feeling too. You sighed and punch out the card indicating you are done for the class today. The 10 month training had everyone to punch in and punch out  before the class start and the class end in order to familiarize yourself with the office environment later.

You were alone as you just finished a meeting that non of your close friend attend to. You looked up and saw Jongin with his friends, Chanyeol, Sehun and Chen laughing over a funny matter. His eyes light up light up as he saw you. Gaining the courage from nowhere, you called out to him "Jongin!" He raised his arm and stopped by you as his friends continued walkingto the registration machine to punch-out for the day. 

"Did you read my message?"

He nodded. "Sorry, I was lifting up the books that we supposed to get tommorow"

"Always so helpful" You for his good mannered.

"Well I was free anyway,"

"But too busy to reply my message. Anyway, are you free?" 

"Ah I can't. After this, we are eating out with out last month exco members. I'm sorry. But lets hang out around 8pm," He was the sports exco for his group last month. These trainings too required us to be any exco member for the group at least once in these 10 months.

"I don't want. I'm gonna go back home after this. You know how this place is suffocating for me" You huffed out. You got startled as you only realized his friend was now waiting for him to walk back to dormitory. Following my gaze, he turned to his friends. 

"Its okay you guys, you guys can go back first. We meet later okay?" He told his friends. You smiled and you looked down as you realized you two might get caught of this secret relationship.

"Okay bye" They waved and leave. 

"Then, Ill be leaving too?" You said as you know if keep on waiting for him, you have to walked to the dorm with him. And that might lead to some rumours that he is not a fan of.

"Hey, dont leave yet. Walk with me. Wait, I go punched out," He said and he goes to the machine. 

"I'm here. Let's go," He said as he lead the way.

"Are you okay with us walking like this?" You said as you watched your surrounding, feeling wary.

"It's okay. I dont think anyone in the building anymore," He said casually. "So about tonight, wait for me a bit. Let's go for ice cream then?"

Your eyes light up as you found yourself craving for ice cream or date or both, these days. Must be because the menstrual cycle is coming. The hormones are crazy.

"Yes please!"

"You like a child," He laughed.

"Let me be!"

Both of you talked about the classes that you are in two different classes. Though both of classes both to have same subjects but the timing is different as the school is using the same teacher for the same subjects.

"You are having Leadership subject right? Have you meet Sir Nick, he is really kind. He always asked us to forget him once the class ended but he keep coming to our class afterwards,"

"Yeah he is nice. But I don't really like him that much," He said awkwardly.

"Really? What happen?" You asked. It is a bit rare of him to hear him saying bad things about others. He has the tendency to find the good in people until the bad part hit him.

"He did something to my classmate butttt" He said as he dragged the t. "I'm not gonna tell you cuz you might tell others,"

You scrunched your nose with your eyes closed. "I'm sorry it won't happen again,"

This is him once he find the bad part in people, he will remember it and say it over a few times to that person. If he likes the person, he will say it a few times just to make the other pissed off but if he really doesnt like that other person, he will ignore that person. It is almost the same how you treat others, which might be the reason you two clicked well. 

You accidentally blurt out to your friends about your relationship and somehow the rumours got spread around. He was pissed off and you had to coaxed him, which takes another chapter to tell on.

He smiled. "Okey, see you tonight?"

You nodded and waved as he left for the boys' dorm.

You went to your room and found your roomate is packing up to go back home. "You are leaving already?" You asked.

 

"You are going back home later?" She nodded as she checked her hair upon her reflection on the mirror.

"Ah, yeah. Around 8pm," You lied as you know she doesnt approve your relationship with Jongin. She is a bit suspicious on Jongin's status of being single.

She smiled and picked up her bags. "Okey, see you on sunday then?" She smiled and leave the room.

You breathe in relief and started to get ready for your ice cream date. Every friday night kinda have been a routine for you and Jongin to go on a date or hangout. Whatever the words are.

You decided to eat some Samyang noodles as suddenly you got hungry. You pour only a half packet (actually more like a quarter cuz you cant handle the spiciness). "RIP peptic ulcer" You said as you take a bite of the noodles. A few seconds after, you gulping half down a glass of plain water.

"Too hot!" Somehow you only managed to finish half of the noodles and your lips are already as red as baboon's . "Well at least I dont have to wear lipsticks," But you dab some matte lip anyway to decolorize the redness.

Him
I'm just arrived. Are you ready?
I'm gonna wash up a bit
Yeah.  Just holler me whenever

You give up in eating the noodles and packed it up so you can continue eating once you back home. 

Him
I'm downstairs
Come <3
Okay <3

Your heart fluttered at the love emoji from him. You picked up your bags so it would be easier for him to drop you at the parking lot after the date. You walked out from the girls' dorm while still cautious of your surrounding. You saw his green but tinted window car. You put your bags at the behind and jumped to passenger side.

"Later can you drop me at my car? I got all my bags so you dont have to drive me uphill," You asked as you put on your seatbelts.

He nodded. "Are you sure you okay with having ice cream for your dinner?" 

"Positive! I had samyang noodles just now,"

"Samyang, that is crazy spicy! Your peptic ulcer will go crazy after that. You" He scolded.

"Ill be fine. I only put quarter sauce then I only managed to eat half because its too spicy,"

"This person. So, Baskin for ice cream?" He asked.

"Yes please. So, where you guys eat?"

"We had meat. But it wasnt that good," He said as he stopped on a red traffic light.

"Maybe the place wasnt that good? I know a good restaurant that sells good meat. Ill bring you next time?" You asked. 

He nodded. "Here we are. Damn the parking are expensives on weekends," He asked as he parked.

You nodded in silent as you feel bad and promised to pay the parking ticket.

"Oh there is a coffee shop here," He gleamed.

"You wanna buy it?"

"You dont drink it tho," He said remembering your peptic ulcer.

"I didnt say Ill drink it tho. You can have coffee while I have my ice cream,"

"Nah, its okay. Let's just get ice cream," He said and lead the way.

After had a mini fight who to pay in which you lose, he pay for the ice cream. You opt for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor while his was Gold Medal Ribbon flavor. With him paying the ice cream, it makes you more determined in paying the ticket fee. You will never get used of him paying whenever you two hangs out.

"I should really pay, I'm the one asking you for this ice cream" You grumbled as you bit your ice cream.

He smirked and take a taste of his ice cream. "You want mine?"

You were a bit hesitant on taking his ice cream. Because you only like the flavor you are eating because others are too sweet and also the thought of sharing his ice cream is fluttering. You take a bite

"Ah too sweet" You cringe.

"Can I have some of yours?" Without waiting for your answer, he takes a scoop off your cup. "Even if you dont let me, I'm gonna take it anyway,"

You only smiled as your heart fluttered again. 

"Oh, Chanyeol went with my car to the meat restaurant. He asked me if you are my girlfriend?" He said oh so casually.

"OH! Did he suspect anything?" You asked.

"Nope. See, how rare of me walking with a girl to the point of everyone sees you as my girlfriend," He asked.

"Oh thank god. He didn't suspect anything," You replied , ignoring the part where the girlfriend part.

"Did you hear girlfriend?" He asked as he looked at you intensely.

You quickly looked away and looked at the building that in front of Baskin that suddenly looked so interesting.

"You are the first girl that actually had me on the thoughts of getting married. Are you listening?" He asked.

"Yeah I am," You replied nonchalantly. You are counting down to the days you are having until the 10 months training end. Because after that, this too will end.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

1.

The traditional machine that you used to register in/out once you in/off work.

2. Peptic ulcer

You have a peptic ulcer if you get open sores in the lining of your stomach or the upper part of the small intestine. That happens when your stomach acids etch away your digestive tract’s protective layer of mucus. You may have no symptoms, or you may feel discomfort or burning pain. Peptic ulcers can lead to internal bleeding, which sometimes can mean you’ll need blood transfusions in the hospital. 

Source from webmd.

3. Flavor of Baskin Robbin

Other flavors can be find here