One

There You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Throughout his life, Seung Hyun has always thought he was going to end up alone. All the mention of marrying late because 'he's in love with his career right now' was all talk- well, the public seemed to love it. He has no intention of getting married. He thought he was best suited living by himself. Even as a child, he was always by himself. His parents were always away for work and his elder sister was sent away to a boarding school, leaving him to the care of his grandfather. As such, Seung Hyun's best friend and dearest companion was his grandfather.

Seung Hyun looks up to him like no other. He thought his grandfather was the wisest, most kind and loving man he had ever met. His grandfather, Choi Seung Jae, was a great novelist throughout his time. Even when little Seung Hyun could not understand the poems that his grandfather wrote, he would always tell Seung Hyun a cartoonized version of it. Sometimes, it made Seung Hyun feel melancholic. But most of the time, it was pretty funny.

Choi Seung Jae had always thought his grandson was going to grow up to be someone who would be able to make a name for himself. Even at the age of seven, Seung Hyun was capable of empathizing with deeper emotions of the adults. It worried him initially, because- how could a seven year old feel the emotional burden of an adult? Seung Jae didn't understand then, but he looked at it from a brighter perspective. He just hoped that Seung Hyun would be able to handle it himself as he grows up. 

Although Seung Hyun never sees himself as the settling type, it didn't mean he has no interest in women. All the talk about not interested in ladies and even embedding it into one of his songs? It's a bluff, really. Being born with this face and not interested in women? You've got to be kidding me. Instead of making a move himself, women will make a move on him. If he was younger, he would be flattered immensely. But approaching 30 soon, he has to fight off the urge to laugh out loud every time a woman come onto him. They looked so desperate, it's hilarious.

When he was eighteen, he fell hard in love and thought he was going to marry his then-girlfriend in a few years time after his debut. Of course, life didn't go the way he wanted to- so he got his heart broken, and never loved since then. He started getting so busy with schedules as a singer and an actor, he marched on non-stop- avoiding Cupid quite successfully, on his way to building his career. Now that his life as a celebrity was quite stable, his parents had been dropping hints now and then at him. When are you going to bring us a daughter-in-law? Of course, Seung Hyun had evaded the topic or ignored the tell-tale signs completely.

Even now, his thoughts about marriage and love is still the same. To the public, it wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter