Final

I've Missed You

Joonmyeon hadn’t seen you much in the last two days, and he knew you had the following weekend off. He stood in the kitchen leaning against the granite counter tops, waiting for the sound of your keys jingling against the door as you unlocked it.  He didn’t know how he lived life without you before he’d ever known you existed. The past week had been so hectic, with the press on their tail constantly badgering them for answers to questions he didn’t even know how to begin to answer. The relationship you two had was secret for a long time but then – you two were spotted out on a vacation cruise together in a heated lip lock, and the photos when viral within hours of them being taken.

The entire situation was surreal when it happened, but as it happened you two had been just about ready to come out with the relationship anyway.  Joonmyeon was honest with the public, and he apologized for them having to find out this way – he found it adorable how you muttered to yourself; Well if they hadn’t been snooping then they wouldn’t have had to find out this way.

Although he knew you were right, they’d only found out because of his lack of privacy on his vacation – invading his personal space. He could hear your keys hitting the door, and his eyes looked at the door expectantly. He couldn’t wait to see you, to hold you in his arms. With today feeling like it had been eternity since he’d last seen you – he was more than ready to just relax with you on the couch like you two had done before things got too busy. Both your schedules collided in ways that really weren’t beneficial to either of you or the relationship.

However, you were both equally as stubborn and neither wanted to give up on a relationship that was so perfect. Joonmyeon sometimes had to pull his thoughts away from you when he was at an interview or in a photo-shoot – or even on stage. The door opened, and he saw you. It was like relief washed over him, you were home, and he couldn’t explain the sense of security that surrounded him the very second he saw a strand of your hair peeking from the door. Joonmyeon rubbed his neck, and then his lips as you smile at him.

“Hey, you okay?” you asked as you set the grocery bags down on the floor making your way to him. Cupping his face with your hands, he leaned into your touch basking in your presence.

“I’m better now,” he murmured softly as he pressed a gentle kiss to your forehead.

“Can we stay in this weekend?” you asked him gently, and he laughed. The fact that you two had the same thing in mind made him happy. He would do anything you wanted, but more than anything he just wanted to be with you.

“Of course we can,” he murmured as you wrapped your arms around his middle. “I’ve missed you,”

“I’ve missed you too,” you admitted quietly as you buried your face into his chest.  “We’ll make more time for one another, right?”

“We can try, my schedule is a little unforgiving,” he murmured sadly, “But I’m sure we can work something out,”

You nodded confidently, “Then we will work it out one step at a time together,”

Joonmyeon smiled a little to himself, “Together,” he murmured as he held you to him, finally feeling at home now that you were in his arms.