Departure of My Unsung Role Models

MyKON | MiKON: Where Your Dreams Come True
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
2 YEARS LATER, 2 DAYS BEFORE END OF UPSR (GRADUATION DAY)

"Umi, Abah... Don't worry about this public exam. I've done well so far, no cheatings."

 

Straight after going back home, do personal occassions and eat dinner together with my family (include my parents and 2 younger sisters [twins]); they discussed about what I went through for the first day of public exam for elementary school: UPSR or Elementary Schools' Evaluation Tests. Thank goodness there are no intrudes for revealing questions from the public exam, according to the news...

 

"We've trust you, Akilah. We believe in your efforts since we've seen you study in these 6 years... "

"Thanks for believing me, Umi, Abah..."

"Akilah, if you achieve your own goal with straight 5As; we'll promise you to grant your wish whatever you want."

"... for real, Abah?"

"If you achieve that, as a condition..."

"Promise me, Abah. I won't make you both disappoint for that. All my efforts come from one and only God that I can rely and to believe... from Allah."

"Good. That's our good daughter."

"But, don't forget for my siblings too. Pity of my twin siblings..."

"OK. We'll do that for them too."

"Yay, we get presents too! So adorable you both. I'm so grateful for having you both to take care of..."

"Akilah, we both got to travel outstation somewhere..."

"Oh... for Abah's work? Outside meetings?"

"Apologize, Akilah... I haven't done for my free time for taking care of you... despite all of these busy times..."

"It's OK, Abah. I can endure that. I understand your situation... that's why Umi has to company Abah, doesn't it?"

"Of course, dear."

"For the first time... Umi has to... don't you know, Abah? Umi sometimes blabbering when Abah had meetings many times for more than weeks. That's why she has to..."

"Oh... why do I not knowing that?"

 

And we all end up laughing together for my father's joke... although Abah is that kind of busy person for many times, he wouldn't forget the times he had spent with his family when he's home. I'm having so much fun and enjoy that this is where my happiness cherish for...

 

...but I don't realize... that meeting with them would be the last moment I've ever had with.

*********************************

… am I dreaming the same dream again? That night, I see the visions between these paths… this time… it’s my parents and my first childhood friend of mine… where do you go, guys? Why do you want to leave me for this time?

 

Is this just a dream? Or could it be a connection to reality? Why am I had to see all of this, witness this event? Why should I be the one?

 

“This time, Akilah… We have to let you go… because…

… this is your beginning of life; your first test.”

 

THE NEXT DAY...

My parents had to wake up early since their departure is at 6.00am... to Japan, this time. No wonder Abah is pretty famous when it comes to his job: for being Game Developer's Director from one of the famous game company, more to RPG (trust me; all of the games my dad did are not bore me until I do am addicted to his games). Thanks for my dad's ideas with his groups involving with game designers and programmers, his games are still redeveloping until many Japanese companies offer him to negotiate at the country of the Rising Sun; frequently.

 

"Akilah, next time... when I come back here, I'll give you brand new lappy, smartphone and instant camera. How's that sound?"

"Great. I promise I won't let you both down for this!"

"That's our great dau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter