~~Teaser 2~~

Glued To You

{ The Cafe Cashier }

The cashier sighed, leaning forward against the counter. Her eyes trailed lazily around the room, gaze immediately darting away when they landed on a couple, smiling and happy.

She didn’t get it; how people could be in love, could fall so easily without even thinking about the consequences of pain and heartbreak. It was simple, she knew; love is blind, blurring the edges of one’s mind to keep them from seeing unwanted flaws or imperfections. But what she didn’t get was how someone who’s already fallen climb back up again, returning to take another chance only to crash once more.

She had sworn off love the moment she was broken and torn apart by him, the first one she had ever gave her heart and soul to. She had devoted everything and more to her first boyfriend years back only to find that he was a liar, a deceitful man that hid behind kind eyes an infectious smile.

Shaking her head, the cashier pushed away from her thoughts just in time to see her co-worker freeze in place. The cashier could see, even from her spot behind the register, how her breaths seemed to halt then quicken, and she rolled her eyes already knowing exactly who had caused the waitress to react in such away.

“You’re just going to get hurt.” The cashier said as the other fixed up the order.

The waitress ignored her, instead walking off to silently swoon over the mysterious regular. With another sigh, the cashier pressed the buttons of the register, hoping to God she never goes blind again because she was too afraid to face the heartache and hurt; she’s still trying to put together the pieces of her once whole heart

 {The College Student }

Taking a deep breath, the student runs a shaky hand as she continues to take slow steps down the sidewalk. Her eyes are still a bit red and puffy from crying and she’s sure the books she’d left on the bench ten minutes ago were long gone. It was alright though, she supposes, she was one of the top students.

Though, that’s not what has her weakly dragging her feet against the pavement. The phone call with her boyfriend just hours ago ended in yet another huge argument that she could barely even remember. She does remember, however, that this has been the sixth time he’d blown off yet another one of their dates.

Sure, they were both busy, but she’s managed to find time between her studies just to be with him. It doesn’t make sense how he would be the one making plans only to ditch her for some other reason.

What’s worse is he won’t even explain to her why.

She’s torn between staying with him and just going along with his odd behavior or just breaking up with him and ending all of her disappointment and insecurities.

She’s so caught up in her thoughts, she doesn’t notice the swing of an opening door before she’s colliding into someone and being drenched in warm black coffee, with a half eaten cookie smacking her in the face, and she thinks, ‘Why is this my life?’