Picture perfect

For you

     I was sitting in the dark feeling weird. Nothing happened, days passed as usual but still there was a strange feeling lingering inside myself. Even though it was middle of the night I could not sleep. Watching at nothing to extend for hours, was to me apparently, interesting thing, so much that coffee beside me went cold. I just forgot to drink it. And that does not happen.

The sun slowly began to illuminate the room through holes shutters. I loved this little apartment that despite all of my efforts not to be so has always been a mess. But it does not matter, not in these moments, when you realize that all those little things are useless in the end. Why did these words made a way to my mind?

Something fell and roused me from my roaming. Haru, I thought. In my mind I could already see a picture of her looking for a cigarette with closed eyes. Ah, this girl broke so many things that way just because of laziness to open her eyes at the moment she woke up. She pulled first smoke in bed and gave a big, loud, satisfied sigh that made me smile. Those little useless things made her so happy.

“I’m going to open the blinds before she kills herself crossing through all these things on the floor. Surely in a moment she will be all over the place.” – I muttered to myself with a little damn smile on my face because I already knew her reaction.

“J, what time…?” – came from a hoarse voice.

“You’re late.” – I answered before she could finish her question.

In a second small, red-haired creature showed in front of me and blew a smoke straight into my face with an expression of dissatisfaction. She knew I did not like that but at the same time I enjoyed her silliness. “I’ll wake you in time, don’t worry, tut…” - she was saying as she looked for a clean pair of socks in this very chaotic room. In the end she wore two different.

 

“Ladies and gentleman, welcome to Incheon International Airport. Thank you for traveling with us. Enjoy your stay.” – Sound of unpleasing captain voice made me go back to reality. I was finally here, in Seoul. It was never my wish to come here even thought I really enjoyed all those nights when Haru was energetically talking about all Korean wonders. It was actually her wish to come here, place of her birth, place where she spent few years of her life. She was really proud of her roots, maybe that is reason of her uniqueness.

As I took my luggage and tried to find my way out I could not help but feel sad. What would I do to trade places with her, especially at this moment, in this situation. In my mind she would be like the most beautiful rainbow in the world. Smiling loudly, going around like a five year old kid who is seeing something for the first time in his life. I could see that perfect moment when sun light up her smiley face. A picture for life. But, it’s not real. It will never be.

I was so lost in my thought that I did not see anyone in front of me and that caused me to end up on a floor. At this point I was not sure what hurts more, trying to hold my really painful hand or living her dream.

“Miss, are you okay? Did I hurt you? Here, let me help you.” – came from a really deep voice, but at the same moment it was so sweet with a bit of concern. As I looked up I saw a really beautiful male with strong face lines and literally blue hair, which was a first. There were Asians in my country but almost everyone had most surprising black hair, expect Haru. Haru…

“Miss, can you hear me? Can you stand up?” – He asked again but with more concern. Gosh, his voice suited him so much. Real picture perfect. As I just looked at him with my mind all over the place before I could even realize what is going on he grabbed my shoulders and pulled me up.

“Are you okay?” – He repeated with uneasiness in his voice.

“Yes…” – I barely said. Not because I did not know Korean, which Haru made me learn ‘till I knew it almost perfectly, but because my hand was even more painful than before.

“I’m really sorry I bumped into you. I was running from someone and did not see you at all, even if I still don’t understand how could I not.” – Somehow, from his mouth, it did not sound cheesy. It made me blush, and that never happens.“I’m Choi Seung Hyun.” – Why is that sounding familiar?

“That’s okay. I also did not watch were I’m going. Bye.” – Looking at him longer would be a privilege, but I did not deserve one so I just turned around with an intention to leave until I heard him yell “Wait!” I turned around with questioning face.

“Can you at least tell me your name?” – If I did not knew better I would say he made hopeful face.

“Why?” – I asked really wanting to know, but I still did not give him a chance to replay. “It’s not like we’re going to see each other again.” – I gave him one small smile while holding my painful hand. Why is this so sad?

 

Author's thoughts : First of all thank you for reading. :) If you like the story it would be great to get some feedback, good or bad because that will only make us work even harder. Anyway I hope you will enjoy reading and please don't mind my English mistakes 'cause it's not my native language. ^^