Chapter 1

Another World

Jenn woke up in the middle of the night and quickly looked around. She breathed in again when she saw that she was in her own room. She fell back in her pillow and stared at the ceiling. Slowly her green eyes closed again and she fell in a deep slumber.

 

Darkness surrounded het, but she could see something that looked like a keyhole about twenty passes to her left. She walked towards it, but when she had reached what appeared to be a door, the lights suddenly went on and she could see what was surrounding her. The room was filled with pale faces. Their red eyes stared at her and the light reflected on their bald heads. One of the heads started to speak…

 

“Jenn wake up”, her little brother yelled, while jumping up and down the bed. Jenn groaned and pulled the blanket over her head to drown out the voice of Tommy. He eventually stopped jumping and Jenn slowly removed her blanket. She sighed and walked towards her bathroom to take a quick shower. She looked in the mirror while brushing her long black hair. She remembered her dream and shivered. Those heads had really freaked her out.

 

Jenn looked out of the window. She couldn’t concentrate during the lecture, which really confused her. Every time she tried to focus, she got a headache. She quickly got up, when the bell rang and hurried towards the bathroom. She wasn’t really paying attention to her surroundings, trying to get to the toilet as soon as possible, when she bumped into some one and fell backwards. “Are you okay?” asked a gentle voice. Jenn looked up and saw a boy she had never seen before. He was older than she was and had light brown hair, but what caught her attention the most were his eyes. They were an unusual shade of purple and they twinkled with excitement. He held out a hand to Jenn and she grabbed it. She felt a strange familiarity when he helped her to stand up, but she shook it of. They both apologised, before Jenn walked towards the toilets. Once she was there she noticed that her headache was gone.

 

Exhausted, that was how Jenn felt. She had finally managed to finish her homework and was now lying on her bed. Her eyes slowly fell shut.

 

Once again she was surrounded by darkness, but she could faintly smell the scent of crayons. Suddenly there appeared a pink shape in front of her. It looked like it was drawn. Above the pink shape appeared white letters. ‘Toy Box’ Jenn tried to open the box, but she couldn’t. It was locked. She turned around and saw that a large blue lake had appeared. She walked towards it and suddenly she felt a strong push. She fell and fell. There didn’t seem to come an end and the only thing she could see was the blue water of the lake. And then Jenn noticed that she couldn’t breath. It felt like something was squishing her ches, she couldn’t move and slowly everything turned black.

 

Jenn gasped for air and got out of bed. She felt like telling her parents about her dream, but she didn’t want to wake them. She walked down stairs to grab a glass of water and felt her heartbeat slow down. “It’s just a dream” she told herself and she went back to bed.