Let Me Know

Let Me Know

"Finally, rest time!!" I threw myself on the bed effortlessly. Taehyung chuckled.

"I thought you love to shop. What happened to you?" he ruffled my hair, sitting down beside where i was lying down.

"Well, not with your mother. She's very noisy" I whispered the last part, even though we're already inside Taehyung's room.

Shopping for your wedding is very tiring, i tell you. My soon-to-be mother-in-law kept making a fuss out of small things and her taste is a bit, well, old fashioned. 

"She's just trying to make our wedding a beautiful one, that's all. Don't be mad at her, okay?" Taehyung pulled me into an embrace and kissed my temple.

"Hmm.. okayy" I softened, hugging his waist. He smells like vanilla plus a little bit of honey. I love it.

"Yeonseo-ah,... how many kids do you want to have?" 

My eyes shot wide open at his sudden question. I looked up at him questioningly, wondering where he was going to.

"What? I'm just asking. This is called family planning okay" he defended himself.

"...Don't tell me you don't know what is family planning?" he raised a brow.

"Yah, I know what is family planning, but its very sudden. I havent actually thought about that... What about you?" I awkwardly asked, feeling the blush on my cheeks.

"I want 4 children! 2 boys and 2 girls!" Taehyung brightened up. I gulped at his reply. In my head, i already imagined an image of me surrounded by 4 hyperactive children and I'm just sitting down with a messy hair, looking at the kids running around. I immediately shook my head to shrug that image off.

"Me? A mother?! I'm already freaking out" I covered my face with my bare hands.

"Hey. I think you will be a great mother" Taehyung took my hands away from my face and looked into my eyes assuringly.

"I think you will become a great wife too" he smile a genuine smile.

I looked at him for assurance. I'm starting to really freak out as the days are counting down to the wedding. Am i having a bride syndrome or something?

"Well then, tell me, Mr Kim. What makes you so sure of that?" I questioned, doubting that i can be a good wife myself.

"Because..." he started leaning in towards me and his grip around me tightened.

"I love you" he whispered in my ears and then kissed me on the cheek.

And that was the first time he said the three words to me. Apart from his damn y voice, it felt nice to hear it, i got to admit. It made all my doubts go away and i started seeing a bright future ahead of us. I stopped feeling the bride syndrome inside me and started to feel assured. Everything is gonna be okay and I'm starting to see that now.

"I love you too Taehyung" I gave my widest smile and leaned in to give him a peck on the lips.

"Thank you for letting me know that" I sheepishly smiled, my cheeks reddened.

"I will remind you every day that I love you, I promise" he cupped my chin and deepened the kiss.