First Impression.

Exo's Girl(s) Problem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Baekhyun is standing on a stage, facing rows upon rows of empty chairs. She looks down, finding herself in a tight, fluffy dress and ew, what is that huge ribbon doing there on my chest? When she lifts her gaze though, her lips automatically part and a melodious voice fills the auditorium. This is what she loves to do, to sing her heart out and not having a care about the world.

Her eyes flutters open when the song comes to an end and an applause is heard from where the audiences are supposed to be. Squinting her eyes, she searches the place for a sign of somebody but nothing meets her sight. Just as Baekhyun is about give up, a bright light catches her attention and she turns to it.

‘What the hell is that?!’ She wonders in horror and stares at the two huge set of magically-appeared teeth that touch each side of the hall.

‘Baekhyun-ah’ The pair of teeth open and snap, forming syllabuses that send a cold chill down her spine. It shines brighter with each passing second forcing her hands to fly up and cover her eyes as the light consumes her.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wakes up on her bed, gasping and trying to calm her beating heart by taking deep breaths. That was one crazy dream, she thinks to herself, shaking her head to chase away the remaining bits of it. It must be some kind of nervous feedback mechanism, since she is going to stay at the dorm with nine guys tomorrow, though not without the company of her two best friends.

The girl sighs and wipes the cold sweat gathered on her forehead. She twists her head to the left and looks at the time now. 5.15 AM. A few more hours before they are needed to arrive at SM Block B building. The fact that they will be sharing spaces with males does nothing to cheer her up.

Baekhyun looks to her right and smiles at the picture of Luhan, sleeping ever so peacefully. Sometimes, she wonders if the older feels scared like her too. Their identities could be discovered and it’ll be the end of their dreams. But Luhan has always been the strong one among them, often calm and collected, an admirable personality to say the least.

She closes her tired eyes once more and tries another attempt at sleep, hoping to not see those teeth anymore, even though they look clean enough.

 

 

 

 

Constant staccato beeps coming from the alarm clock pierce through the air, earning groans from the two girls in the room. The one near the wall sits up groggily and swings her legs off the bed, blindly feeling for her indoor slippers. She gets up and shuffles past the other bed, though she has no intention of letting Baekhyun get her beauty sleep.

“Yah, Byunbaek! Get your lazy into the bathroom! I’m not going to wait for you this time. No more of your ‘five more minutes’ excuse.” Luhan shouts from inside as she washes herself.

Having done brushing her teeth, she grumbles under her breath and walks back into the room. Some words that resembles throwing her roommate out of the third storey window, best friend or not, is heard from those pretty lips.

As in her daily routine, Luhan engages into a tug-of-war with the younger, using all the energy she could afford so early in the morning to pull the comforter off the whining figure on the bed.

The older wins and Baekhyun looks at her with dark bags under her sleep-deprived eyes.

“Fine. I’ll wake you up in half an hour. Not a second more, got it?” Luhan gives in with a sigh and goes out the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

The sleepy female nods and falls back into the inviting arms of her bed.

In the end, they are more than an hour late to meet up with Sehun.

 

 

 

 

“Did you not sleep at all, Baek-nie?” Sehun asks when she sees how horrible their diva looked today. She didn’t even have her eyeliner on, which is saying something.

“Teeth.” That is the only word that she repeats this morning and Luhan is getting slightly freaked out.

The youngest quirks an eyebrow, stealing a glance at the other blonde. “Uhh, teeth?”

Baekhyun sighs and adjusts the strap of her bag on her shoulder. “Just whatever you two do, don’t show me any whites from your mouth.”

Both nod at their leader’s words. They learned long ago not to defy her orders. Not if they want a repeat of the incident a few years back when an unfortunate fellow classmate of theirs made her angry. Let’s just say, he had a difficult time walking for a more than a month. Sehun personally thinks that guy had it coming.

They carry their luggage from their school dorms and hail a taxi at the entrance. Loads are piled into the boot of the vehicle and off they go. Baekhyun is already coming out of her morning shell and becomes cheery in no time. As she applies her eyeliner, she relays yesterday’s nightmare to them which earns her guffaws and ‘no wonder’s. ( Both Sehun and Luhan agree that Baekhyun has reached goddess level in her expertise to draw eyeliner. )

“No kidding, guys. You have no idea how scary two rows of pearly white teeth can be.” The girl shivers when the picture squeezes itself into her mind and keeps the bottle of black liquid into her bag.

Luhan brushes her bangs away and rolls her eyes. “Chill, girl. Maybe you’re nervous about today.” She reaches over and curls a warm hand around Baekhyun’s. “Everything will work out just fine.” The oldest tries not to let her doubt shows in her voice and smiles, hoping to reassure the jittery girl.

“The worst that could happen is we would have to find for another job. You had wanted to be a hairdresser, no?” She her head as she asks.

“And I’ll have to continue my suffering days as a student.” Sehun adds in with a groan. 

Their female leader breaks into a small smile and nods. Anything is fine, as long as she has them in her life.

“I think I prefer singing more than dealing with dandruff-infested hair.”

 

 

 

 

The taxi stops at the front gate of the dorms and Luhan takes a quick glance at the rearview mirror, combing a hand through her short blonde hair. They had gotten their haircuts way before they auditioned as trainees and it was a miracle that they were able to disguise as males without getting caught. Though, maybe it has something to do Sehun being the current president’s wife’s best friend’s sister’s neighbor’s daughter. 

They get out and unloaded their luggage, nearly fainting when they see a board that reads ‘In Repair’ taped to the metal door of the lift. The girls had no choice but to heave their things all the way up to the sixth floor where they’re supposed to live for the rest of their career lives; if they make it pass debut that is.

By the time they arrive, their face is red from huffing and puffing, having carried the heavy suitcases up through the stairs. What a bad time for the elevator to malfunction.

Baekhyun, the first one to recover her breath, lifts her hand and knocks on the door. Here it goes…

The beige-colored door swings open and she finds herself staring at someone’s chest. Her gaze goes up, up, up and up a long way before it stops at the familiar bright set of----- teeth.

What the actual -

“Hey, you three must be Baekyeong, RuHal and Sehun! My name is Park Chanyeol and but you can call me Chan-nyeol or Cha-nyeol. Welcome to Dorm A12. ” A tall, gangly teenager greets them with a wide grin, waving his hand enthusiastically.

Sehun barks out in laughter. Whereas Luhan looks scandalized and Baekhyun has never disliked someone this quickly in her nineteen years of life.

The giant in front of them continues to grin.

“Hah! Eat that, Kim Jongin! I’ll surpass your level faster than you can say ‘hip ’- Nooooooooooo!” An unmanly wail is heard from inside of the dorm, Mario’s game over music played at its loudest.

Sehun peeks in at the sound of her favorite video game. Strange, guys play that as well? She thought they would deem it as immature and girlish. Maybe she could even find a game partner here.

“Chanyeol, what did I say about blocking the door? Let them enter. They must be tired and need rest.” A shorter male appears behind him and places a hand on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter